Community > Posts By > kentucky811

kentucky811's photo
Tue 04/12/16 01:55 PM
As soon as my kids leave the teen years, I am done with adolescence and will have to deal with two emerging adults. Soooo .... Nah. Do not want another kid on my hands.

kentucky811's photo
Mon 04/11/16 09:59 AM
Lucifer is back tonight! Yippie!!

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 12:38 PM

maybe the person was complimenting that you are too good to be real :)

That is always a possiblity!

Take the blah blah out and put in beeps LOL beep beep beep ... Do not do that! I am so joking!!

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 12:08 PM

I knew that it wouldn't be long before the worship of the KJV would be presented in this thread.

The "KJV Only" drivel is sad at best.

The same ones who praise KJV usually crucify homosexuals and good ole King James preferred the company of men. (P. 196)

Gonzalez, Justo L. (2010h. The story of christianity: The reformation to the presen day (2nd ed.) New York, NY: HarperCollins.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 11:59 AM

I have always wondered this?

Even the KJV has been revised from its original state.

One person mentioned doing your own research, I second his suggestion.

We have more manuscripts available to us and scholars have been able to give more accurate translations. The original Scripture of what Christians call the Old Testament was oral, not written. That is why in the book of Numbers we read the same thing over and over and over. When something is repeated multiple times, it is committed to memory. The very original text was oral tradition.

At some point, it was committed to written literature. I believe (I could be wrong) that it was around the Jews Babylonian exile that it was committed to writing. If it had been done before the Babylonian exile, there is a good chance most of the text would have been lost. About 200 years before Jesus came on the scene, the Hebrew was translated to Greek because so many Hebrews could not speak nor read Hebrew as fluently as Hebrew. The Scripture the Apostles would have been most accustomed to would have been the Greek translation. The New Testament was yet to be written but once the Gospels began to be written as well as the letters by different authors, they would have been in Greek.

So, if you are looking for an accurate modern translation, look for one that has gone all the way back to the original Hebrew and Greek. Do not let one person or another say "this is the version is the right one". Dig for yourself. Ask questions. One of my professors knew the man who translated the book of Isaiah in the New Living Translation. These people have banks of scholars trecking and re-checking their work.

I will say The Message and The Living Bible are more like paraphrases. They are not true translations and do not claim to be true translations.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 11:41 AM
I do not know how to tell you to figure out the fake females but the best way to have a conversation with a real person is via the forums.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:18 AM
Just have to put us to the test.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:17 AM

I ain't no Rhodes scholar myself, or a text book genius, but I do think there are plenty of older women, looking for younger men and vice versa. But I do wish they just don't clog the forums with the same ole topic....Further, if we actually wanted it to go away, at least for awhile, ignoring the thread would be a good start....just saying....

I second what he said. Everyone has their own preferences.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:13 AM

Someone mail me please I sound pathetic haha

I highly recommend a pic of just you without the kiddo. Mostly, safety for children first.

Next, I only contact those who I have a shared interest with. For conversation, I stick to the forums.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:06 AM

Someone mail me please I sound pathetic haha

Dcreegan, where do you want to be mailed to?

That's funny! laugh laugh

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:05 AM
Both!

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:04 AM

God is not Dead ... also a great movie.... A must see!

And God is not Dead 2 just came out... haven't seen that one yet.. but you bet your sweet A** I will :wink: laugh

I have not seen the second one either. I like all of David A.R. White's movies (the owner of Pureflix).

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/10/16 06:02 AM

.......and yet prayer is being banned everywhere or is that just in schools???

A child can pray in school. In the high schools, the FCA meets, this is a club called Fellowhip of Christian Atheletes. Most of the kids are not atheletes who are officers of the club. It is student led with devotions and prayer.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/09/16 07:19 PM
I liked it on some levels but I think it sends a message that it is okay to remain in an abuse, toxic relationship. It says if you just pray hard enough the person will change. It leaves out the elimate of free will. God does not force us change. However, He does fluencs change. Over all, good movie. Inspires and encourages prayer. Prayer is the front line of the battle.

kentucky811's photo
Thu 04/07/16 10:53 AM
Good luck!

I agree with making list limits the options BUT for me, I do not mind limites options. As soon as I say faith matters and here is why ... The conversation is over. Unless he (or she) happens to be a person trying to scam me. I say "or she" because we have no idea who we are dealing with.

kentucky811's photo
Thu 04/07/16 10:43 AM

gehan, your profile says you are married. Is it fair to say that your participation here might bring harm to your family?

I’d imagine it could....

I found it amuzing considering the rant. winking

kentucky811's photo
Thu 04/07/16 09:32 AM
gehan, your profile says you are married. Is it fair to say that your participation here might bring harm to your family?

kentucky811's photo
Thu 04/07/16 09:30 AM

OP, is your rant copied from your blog? If so, kinda funny that a rant about social media is on a blog....hell, and on this social media site lol.

And if the rant isnt from your blog, lets give credit where its due, shall we?

http://macleighob.wordpress.com/social-media-and-its-impact-on-families/

I second what Rebel says!! :thumbsup:

kentucky811's photo
Thu 04/07/16 05:01 AM

What do you love about home?
Where would you like to go?
What do like about people with different perspectives, whom you have met?

I love the sense of community. Bowling Green and the areas around it realy know how to pull together to help in times of need.

I do not want to live anywhere else BUT I have a long list of places I dream of visiting. I would love to travel through the Red Wood Forest area of Northern California and on up into Washington state. I would also like to visit various places in Britian and China.

Bowling Green is unique in we have several cultures here. What I find interesting is we have a shared perspective on certain values. Most faiths have a varied version of the golden rule about treating others as we want to be treated. I find that amazing! winking :thumbsup:

kentucky811's photo
Thu 04/07/16 04:53 AM
This site classifies as social media.

Previous 1 3