Community > Posts By > kentucky811

kentucky811's photo
Mon 04/04/16 06:02 AM

Found out yesterday that till well in the 1980s native American women were sterilized without their consent and without them knowing, when they went in for another procedure. Often when they were just some 15-17 yrs old ...
So many Indian women could never bear children as they didn't tie their tubes, which could be restored, but their uterus was removed (hysterectomy).

Barbaric, totally utterly unbelievable in what's supposed to be a 1st world country, and incredibly sad ...
That sort of thing makes me understand why native Americans aren't particularly trusting of white Americans, and don't take to kindly to them. ohwell

Forced sterilization of people of color is something I have recently learned about. Not just people of color, but also of those who were thought to be criminally insane. There is much research on the web! I will find a creditable source and post it.

kentucky811's photo
Mon 04/04/16 05:57 AM
I am White. I am going to say it. Those of us who have white, European ancestry we had some horrible folks in out family tree. Not all the British settlers were cruel to the Natives but a majority of them were. British colonials had a mindset about people who were different from them. They could not see the value of the Natives and therefor set out to dehumanize them just as they did the African slaves. The Natives got a raw deal. The best way to bring this into light is to do a study on White Privilege. After taking two different college courses that focused on this mindset, my eyes have been opened from a deep sleep. The Natives who remain on the Reservations today still live in an unacceptable poverty. :-(

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/03/16 04:47 PM
I am not really looking. I send messages to the profiles that appeal to me but I figure if I meet someone great if not no big deal.

What I want is a companion and partner with similar views (especially on religious matters) as me. So ... I probably will remain single a LONG time. LOL

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/03/16 04:44 PM
I do not like how nothing is filled out. Nothing about whether he smokes, drinks, or religion. At least fill in the basics! ;-) The other thing I do not like is when a fellow complains about women. For example, instead if saying "I do not want a high maintenance woman" and list how he does not want to be told what to do with his money, he should put "Seeking a confident, independent woman who desires a partnership in the relationship." What is "high maintenance"? That is going to be different for each person. One more thing, dissing the exes. Seriously? Do not talk about the exes in a profile.

kentucky811's photo
Sun 04/03/16 04:34 PM
I think when name calling begins or questioning someone's faith. A good example would be "how can you be a Christian and believe _____" (I'll let your fill in the blank.) There are multiple examples I could have used but that is one I have personal experience with in other arenas. It's okay to be passionate about something but at some point there should be a mutual agreement to agree to disagree.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 06:14 PM
Hello! Anyone here from the Bowling Green area?

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 06:05 PM
I think instinct has a lot to do with determining which fear to use. It is the fight or flight built into us. The fear that calls us out of our comfort zone usually comes with some affirmation. When I returned to school, I was afraid. My friend encouraged me by finding out what I feared most. My greatest fear was time, how would I fit one more thing into my day? But it was exciting! The other fear is harder to explain.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 05:58 PM
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:o

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 05:01 PM
The more you put will also help you determine scammers too ;-) I have found "faith" and "interests" is how I catch them. LOL

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:49 PM
Hello! I am new too. We'll be newbies together.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:49 PM

Fresh meat!! What happens here

Straight to the butcher..then on to the buffet.
It'll be fun.
Ish.

Welcome :-)

That's funny! I was thinking the off on butcher too!

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:43 PM
I think your profile looks great! Wish I was older!! To bad my sister is married ... You look like you enjoy life! So, keep on rockin'!!!

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:40 PM
Be patient. While waiting on the woman who shares your interests, keep living! It is way better to be single than to be strapped to the wrong person.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:38 PM
Do you have a better photo?

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:37 PM
I'll give you "1". No I would not date you but not because of your profile, your age. However, I wouldn't let date my daughter because of the profile. Drop the "weed" and being a stoner. Those are negatives.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:34 PM
I think your profile is strait forward! It shows you are confident about you knowing what you want. This will protect you from the losers.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:31 PM
I highly recommend not having your phone number posted. There is no way to know who is calling or texting you.

kentucky811's photo
Sat 04/02/16 04:27 PM
On the scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being worse and 10 being great I assume? I give it a 6. I think if you fill in the rest of your info like religion, drink, smoke, want kids, that would help improve. The photos are great! They are why I gave you a "6". Each woman is different. Some of us like photos but then some of us like shared interest. So, throw out there some of your interests too. :-) That will make you a 10 in my book. Good luck!

1 3 Next