Community > Posts By > SuzinVA

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:26 AM
Also pulled from CDC's website:

Immunizations are NOT just for kids! Whether a young adult, middle-aged adult, or senior citizen, we ALL need immunizations to keep us healthy. Transitioning to adulthood brings us into a new world, bringing a different level of responsibility that we carry for life, including the need to help protect our loved ones more than ever.

Do You Need Any Vaccines?
The specific immunizations you need as an adult are determined by factors such as your age, lifestyle, high-risk conditions, type and locations of travel, and previous immunizations. Throughout your adult life, you need immunizations to get and maintain protection against:

Seasonal influenza (flu) (In general, anyone who is 6 months or older can benefit from the protection of a flu vaccination.)
2009 H1N1 influenza (for adults 25-64 years old with high risk conditions; parents and caretakers of children younger than 6 months of age; and emergency medical services personnel) Initial doses are expected to be available by mid-October.
Tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough) (for adults up to 64 years, one lifetime dose)
Shingles (for adults 60 years and older)
Pneumococcal disease (for adults 65 years and older and adults with specific health conditions)
Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection (for women 26 years and younger)
Other vaccinations you may need include those that protect against hepatitis A, hepatitis B, chickenpox (varicella), and measles, mumps and rubella.

Note that the seasonal flu vaccine does not protect against the 2009 H1N1 flu. A new vaccine against 2009 H1N1 flu is being produced and will be available in the coming months as the best option for prevention of 2009 H1N1 infection.

Review the Adult Immunization Schedule (also available in Spanish) to see if you need any immunizations. Be sure to check this schedule for updates as new vaccines are developed for additional protection. The most recent addition to the schedule is the shingles vaccine for those 60 years and older.

For additional information on vaccines and immunizations, visit www.cdc.gov/vaccines/.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:22 AM

no it wont tickle,,, it will hurt like hades,,, and specially where i stab them at,, in the knee cap,, then squirt the juice on them,,, make em dance a bit

Or pee there pants and cry heh

Ooooh, that would make it hurt worse scared scared scared rofl

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:21 AM
I see the point when the kids are 5. But, you'd think by the time they hit high school and that level of competition, they'd realize that already. I don't think it's the kids, though. Usually, it's the parents. I coached both soccer and baseball and let me tell you, we had more problems with parents than we ever did with the kids.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:16 AM

I dont believe its supposed to ticklehuh

So your saying it's supposed to tickle.... cause I would think it would burn like he11

Well, of course, that would be the point flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:16 AM

here is something from the CDC....

This is the first time, the CDC has conducted such a study in the midst of a flu season. CDC decided to undertake this rapid study to see if it would reveal any information that would help the public, physicians and public health officials make decisions about the use of influenza vaccine, antiviral medications, or other preventive measures.

This initial study showed that the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine was not effective or had very low effectiveness against "influenza-like illness" in a group of healthcare workers in Colorado.

Do you know, was this for the swine flu or just a regular flu shot?

Give a reference? I believe the CDC still strongly recommends the flu shot!

laugh

Note here that on the CDC website their number 1 recommendation is to take the time and go out and get a flu vaccination!

laugh

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/preventing.htm

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/flu-shots/ID00017

I didn't ask for a reference laugh laugh laugh I just wanted to know if you knew whether the study was for flu shots in general or the swine flu in particular. flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 08:07 AM
That's why I was asking. If "they" have determined it's not particularly effective against swine, that would help give me more information.

I respect your decision, it's one many people make. In my case, I get a flu shot every year, as the potential benefits outweigh the risks. As my immune system is faulty, any case of the flu for me has the potential of triggering a reactivation of my leukemia. Also, because my immune system is wonky, I have a far greater risk of dying of the flu than most people. So, therefore, I get the shot.

People have to do what's best for themselves, given their own specific circumstances.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:58 AM

here is something from the CDC....

This is the first time, the CDC has conducted such a study in the midst of a flu season. CDC decided to undertake this rapid study to see if it would reveal any information that would help the public, physicians and public health officials make decisions about the use of influenza vaccine, antiviral medications, or other preventive measures.

This initial study showed that the 2003-2004 influenza vaccine was not effective or had very low effectiveness against "influenza-like illness" in a group of healthcare workers in Colorado.

Do you know, was this for the swine flu or just a regular flu shot?

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:27 AM

The extremely high amount of Aluminum ( a know neuro-toxin) and the adjuvants are enough for me not to purposefully expose my loved ones to this vaccine.

I'm undecided at this point whether or not I will have my son vaccinated. I'm pretty sure I already had it, as did my boyfriend. My son was exposed and didn't get sick. We get "regular" flu shots every year and I'm not sure how this would be different. Things for me to ponder.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:21 AM
This is true. However, in the case of the flu, many people are exposed (even without being vaccinated) and don't catch it. A flu shot is just one building block in the wall against catching the flu. And, just because you get a flu shot, doesn't mean you won't catch it anyway as flu shots are typically for only one or 2 strains per year. So you could still catch a different strain of the flu. Washing your hands A LOT, avoiding sick people, etc are still the best defense. And if you yourself ARE sick with the flu, please do the rest of us a favor and stay home. If you can't stay home (no sick pay or whatever), please use a mask and gloves. You can even get antibacterial kleenex. We do not want to share in the fun of your germs.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:17 AM
laugh

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:09 AM

i guess they think he is a unisex deer,,, one horn and a hooha

laugh laugh laugh

a hoo ha laugh laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:08 AM

thanks Suz

Thumps bambi is behind that tree -------->

Bambi is a buck

why do girls take his name?

Ya know, I never noticed that before. Good question laugh laugh

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:08 AM
I was told that too, I had the flu in May and was told it was more than likely swine as there weren't any other known flu viruses going around at that time. It wasn't that big a deal. I was respectfully requested not to come to work and since I couldn't get out of bed, I respectfully complied.

It is highly contagious and if a mass bunch of people all caught it and called in sick at the same time, yes, it would be disruptive for a while. But that's about it.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:05 AM
No one's saying the wife shouldn't be angry with her husband. But why compound the drama over what is admittedly a stranger? The wife's e-mail wasn't worth responding to, especially in such a way that will perpetuate the issue. Let it go and let the wife and husband work it out between themselves.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:04 AM
Make pie flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 07:03 AM
Dunno where Bambi is and wouldn't say if I did :tongue: laugh

Have fun ((CB)) flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 06:44 AM

This is the closest official information that I could find on it:

http://republicbroadcasting.org/?p=4234

I don't what kind of source this is.

"SB 2028, as of Sept. 2, was parked in the state’s House Ways & Means Committee. Jared Cain, communications director for Sen. Moore, noted that since Moore was associate Federal Emergency Management Agency director under President Clinton, he focuses on pandemic response policy.

“This has been on his agenda for many years,” Cain informed AFP. “This bill has been refiled several times over five years.” Pressed on this matter — since H1N1 is a new issue and this bill goes back several years – Cain replied that the general policy in the bill “has not been updated for over 50 years.” He added that it takes the deadly 1918 Spanish flu into account and that’s partly why the bill contains harsh measures, though he claimed, “Quarantine does not mean boot camp.” Rather, it would typically mean home confinement if the situation is bad enough, for those who refused the shots and appear to be sick. “It’s voluntary – it’s not forced,” he assured AFP, when pressed on whether the shots would be mandatory for all."

See, that makes more sense to me. Quarantining has always been legal and within the bounds of public safety. Though, frankly, I wonder what the point of mandatory vaccines would be if someone is already sick? The point of vaccines is to PREVENT and if someone is already sick, a vaccine is worthless.

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 06:42 AM
scared scared Whenever someone ADDS me on their favorites, I get an email from the system saying that the person added me as a favorite, so that is the email they say you sent. We KNOW you added us. Unfortunately, we have NO CONTROL and cannot DELETE someone who has added us as a favorite. I wish we could as I hate thinking that someone has me on some arbitrary or WISH list. Ugh!!!frustrated

You used to be able to delete yourself, or I thought you could anyway? Anyway, when that has happened to me, I've simply e-mailed them and ask them to remove me as I find it very creepy that someone would add me as a favorite who I've never talked to. scared scared

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 06:40 AM

..........throw them at people who are happier than you are

:wink: bigsmile :banana:

It's a driveby fruiting laugh

no photo
Thu 09/24/09 06:27 AM

Why would they attempt to pass a law they know wouldn't be enforceasble?
I'm sure, before sinking money into an idea, they would have done the research on it to see if it was a legal law.

You can always get some attorney somewhere to say what you want them to say. It happens every day, believe it or not. Sometimes, the laws are written to cause controversy so that someone will sue and place a precedent. Or it's possible that the law being discussed is vastly different (and legal) than what some fear-brokering extremist has posted on youtube. (I'm placing my bets on the latter).

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25