Community > Posts By > Spidercmb

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 06:13 PM
Edited by Spidercmb on Mon 05/14/12 06:14 PM

am i missing something? i understood the article was about him failing to register an alias name. he was convicted and was required to register (which he did), then he used an alias (which he failed to register). was he still committing sex crimes or was he picked up for failing to register an alias?

There have been no accusations of him still committing the crimes, to my knowledge. He did molest three girls in 199_ (not sure on the year). He had pictures of tortured, raped and murdered children. His brother is also a pedophile and in 2002, the apartment they shared was full of toys and dolls for kids, including 100 barbie dolls (used to lure in kids). The article above says 5000 pictures, but the police complaint was for tens of thousands of pictures. His brother wrote a letter to "Chuck" (nobody knows who that is) stating that Pedophilia should be legal, so that pedophiles don't have to kill their victims.

He's a dangerous person and he belong behind bars.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 05:42 PM
Edited by Spidercmb on Mon 05/14/12 05:44 PM
I never liked him and I admit to feeling Schadenfreude when I first heard this. But then I read the descriptions of the crimes that he committed and was horrified. Speaking as a father, it's unthinkable that my kids have to share a world with predators like him. I applaud Mingle2's administration for their handling of this and the preventative steps they have put into place.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 03:14 PM

I find its better to ignore simple errors in difference to the conclusions, and meanings held within. I find no problems in understanding meaning when given context. That makes all such corrections petty.

Just my .02

*deference

That was actually helpful. I wasn't sure of (and didn't feel I need to know) precisely what he meant, though I should have known, since I'm prone to phonetic misspellings and semi-phonetic word substitution.

I just thought 'needed' and typed 'need' - that happens to me all the time unless I'm writing something for 'serious'.

I was just being a wise acre.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 03:10 PM

Ok, let's stop it right there. Adam and Eve are in effect toddlers in mind in the creation story up to before the fall, can we agree to that? They have been instructed not to do something, but nothing more than that. They know nothing of why they shouldn't beyond that God tells them this. Ok, fine.

We have absolutely no reason to believe that.

They walked, talked, fed themselves, named animals and who knows what else. Eve had a conversation with the Serpent, which didn't sound like a toddler speaking at all. Then Adam tried to defend his actions when God questioned him. Nothing at all like toddlers. How much time passed between Genesis 2 and Genesis 3? We don't know. How intelligent and knowledgeable where Adam and Eve at creation? We have no idea.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 01:01 PM
Edited by Spidercmb on Mon 05/14/12 01:02 PM

I find its better to ignore simple errors in difference to the conclusions, and meanings held within. I find no problems in understanding meaning when given context. That makes all such corrections petty.

Just my .02

*deference

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:52 AM

I agree with the other poster who said we are too litigious in this country. Wastes alot of time and money.

Simple fix for that: Make the loser pay the winner's legal fees.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:35 AM
Edited by Spidercmb on Mon 05/14/12 11:41 AM

I would like to write a bad review against Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, KS.

They are the ones out protesting at soldier's funerals.

Very unchristianlike, imho. :angry:

Be careful what you say about them, they have several members who are lawyers and they are very litigious.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:34 AM
I love this show. His death is a crying shame. Him and his brother seemed to be very close, I'm sure he's hurting really bad right now.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:31 AM
Edited by Spidercmb on Mon 05/14/12 11:36 AM

well, we dont exactly have an absolute freedom of speech, when will people understand

the law considers potential harm,, which gives us libel and slander laws,,,

If in fact there is any slander involved, if there is not then I hope this woman can counter sue the church.

She can file a counter suit regardless of if there is evidence to support the Pastor's suit or not.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:30 AM

I didn't say that.

I guess we'll just have to see if she's telling the truth. Perhaps more on this story will come out soon.

That's kind of what lawsuits are for, so that both sides can bring out all of their evidence and a (hopefully) impartial judge will determine the truth.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:27 AM

Places get bad reviews all the time. Should the owners/managers/whoever sue everyone who posts a bad review online?

whoa

There is a difference between a bad review and defamation.

Show us that what she said was defamation, rather than just a bad review.

No.

Do you think that Christians should have to get your approval before filing a lawsuit?

Do you think the all knowing, all seeing mystery man in the air would approve of this lawsuit?

Oh my! You must be the first person in the history of the world to ever ridicule the belief in God! You are so original. Your parents must be so proud.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:21 AM

Places get bad reviews all the time. Should the owners/managers/whoever sue everyone who posts a bad review online?

whoa

Yes. Defamation is a lie. So the question is, did the church shun her or not? Were the church members told not to talk to her or not? That is the only question.

But if she tells people that she feels the pastor is "creepy" that is her opinion. He can't do a thing about that.

Yep.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:11 AM

whoa

Show us that what she said was defamation, rather than just a bad review.

No.

Do you think that Christians should have to get your approval before filing a lawsuit?

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 11:00 AM

whoa

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 10:45 AM

I'm still confused as to why the lady was being sued. Are people not allowed free speech about churches? Are churches exempt from bad reviews?

I explained this already in the first post I made (which your replied to). She's being sued for defamation. Your freedom of speech does not give you license to defame other people or institutions.

Where is the proof she defamed anybody? I'd be willing to bet this pastor is megalomaniac.

The purpose of the civil court is to determine if there is proof of a crime.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 10:44 AM

I'm still confused as to why the lady was being sued. Are people not allowed free speech about churches? Are churches exempt from bad reviews?

I explained this already in the first post I made (which your replied to). She's being sued for defamation. Your freedom of speech does not give you license to defame other people or institutions.

You said earlier, if she lied, it's libel. I asked you what she lied about and you were unable to tell me.

I said "I didn't say she lied. "

Let me explain it to you, since you aren't getting this.

1) She posted negative comments on her blog.
2) The Pastor felt that the comments were defamatory, so he sued.

What part don't you understand? Do you feel that a church or a pastor shouldn't have the right to defend their good names?

I don't know what is in his complaint, I haven't read it. I don't even know if it's available to read online. What I do know is that the validity of his complaint will be determined in a court of law, not in the court of public opinion.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 10:35 AM

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 10:18 AM

Wow if he wins the settlement he can payoff his Mercedes and mansion cause tithing only was able to get him into payments....thank ya Jeeeesus.

So you are assuming the following:

1) The pastor is a paid pastor
2) That he owns a Mercedes
3) That he has a mansion
4) Somehow, it's bad for a pastor to have a nice car and house.
5) If the church wins the lawsuit, he will personally receive the money.

I think you might be a little biased on this...

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 09:35 AM

If she lied, then it's libel. Your freedom of speech does not allow you to defame another person or institution.

Nothing to see here, move along.

What did she lie about?

I didn't say she lied.

no photo
Mon 05/14/12 09:27 AM

The first definition in Websters about a cult is"a system of religious worship or ritual". That means that all religions are a cult.

CULTINFORMATIONCENTRE: What is a cult?

1. It uses psychological coercion to recruit, indoctrinate and retain its members

2. It forms an elitist totalitarian society.

3. Its founder leader is self-appointed, dogmatic, messianic, not accountable and has charisma.

4. It believes 'the end justifies the means' in order to solicit funds recruit people.

5. Its wealth does not benefit its members or society.