Community > Posts By > LeighAnna9

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 04:22 PM

F**k crying. Life is FAR too short to sit around crying over the lost of a bloody idiot. I am not the one that lost. It was him. HE is the one that broke my trust, HE is the one that betrayed me, HE is the one that lied, and HE is the one that can rot in hell! LOL.

Ah. Even better then. Woot!:banana:

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 04:20 PM
I don't think it's insecurity that makes women uncomfortable about a guy with a mysterious female in his photo; to me it says he's taken. For example, many people on this site are just here for friends and they have pics of themselves and their significant other as their default picture. So if you're looking for a relationship, why bother with a man who's already in one? Perhaps I really am too logical......frustrated

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 04:17 PM

Can you Fall in love with someone you have never met love

I couldn't. I might be attracted to certain (visible or otherwise apparent) aspects of their personality, but not love.

:thumbsup:

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:51 PM
Now you know, go have a good cry, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:49 PM

can you do magic tricks? did you make that girl disappear? scared

sorry, got distracted by the theatrics in your pic. laugh

what was the question?

I've never really dated, but from the sounds of it, I ain't missing much!

Same here, I'm content to watch the trainwrecks around me, instead.laugh drinks

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:48 PM
I'm scared, but I'll say hi anyway.

HI!!!

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:47 PM
what

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:46 PM
Thank you.

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:33 PM
In that case, I need to order a case of it and serve it to my boss for morning tea.laugh

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:28 PM

Eh, my family is weird, so I'm sure he'd have good reason.

I agree. My immediate family (siblings) growing up were all boys. I have heard them say of dad 'hes not my father' and Ive heard my dad say 'hes not my son',,,,,usually in the heat of a big disagreement or as an impulsive reaction to hurt feelings

they were only words , at the end of the day, that didnt manifest in any real or significant way,,,, we all could still turn to dad when times got rough and we all cried when we lost him......words hurt, but as time passes, they lose their impact(or at least they should) when they are replaced with new words,,

flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:20 PM

lol leighAnna

I know what you mean. I recently located to a very small town from a city. I thought it would be wonderful with that "small town hospitality" myth.

since i have come here, because I dress differently, I dont wear sweatpants and tshirts but instead skirts and knee boots and the sort...i have been titled a witch, freak, satanist...etc.

So I have not really tried to meet people, why should I if I am going to be judged so harshly for not being a local.

thus i am on a dating site. I figure if someone is nice enough and friendly enough they will extend out a welcome to me, instead of me trying so hard just to be kicked in my face.

I am always polite though and ready to smile and say hello, but i just get hating darting eyes in return.

I suppose my point is just to be yourself and those who are worth befriending will gravitate towards you.

Hello kindred spirit!!!waving

Yeah small towns aren't too big on individuality. I'll be very glad when I can get a better job in another state.laugh

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:17 PM
In order to love someone, you have to really know them. And you cannot truly know someone until you meet them in person. It's one thing to have a nice conversation over the phone or online or get all misty eyed and emotional over a few pics or a webcam, but it's very different in person; you have an opportunity to learn things about each other that you wouldn't know otherwise- mannerisms, traits of one form or another, environmental things. You might even get a chance to interact with their friends and/or family which really gives you insight about who they are.

You might really like a person you've never met, but it's not love. In my opinion.:tongue:

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:12 PM
I've never had that, what's it like?

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:10 PM
Eh, my family is weird, so I'm sure he'd have good reason.

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:07 PM
It's almost time for coffee.

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 02:03 PM
Nope. I try to avoid the ones I already know, which is hard; I live in a small town.ohwell

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 01:58 PM

Okay, I just read all but the last page of this thread...

Kevin, I know you just "gave up", but the truth is you hung in there longer than most given the majority of posts. But, I think the issue has been clouded somewhat, to the point where you may have missed the point.

1) Your SO has insecurity and trust issues. Maybe they aren't because of you, but being chummy with another woman just to make her jealous does not help. If she can't open up to you about her insecurities, then she's not ready for a serious relationship.

a) If having a female friend was your last resort, and it didn't work, then she is unlikely to change her behavior. I.E., she just doesn't get it, nor does she want to get it.

2) It sounds like this woman is not the right one for you. Move on. If you are faithful, a good communicator, and considerate of others, you have a great chance of finding a woman who is right for you. By trying to make it work, you are wasting your time. I'm assuming your honesty here, so she is more likely to bounce from relationship to relationship than you are. Her loss.

Now....my own experience...

At least where I live, there is a double-standard, especially amongst younger women. Men are not supposed to have female friends, but women are allowed to have male friends. Personally, I think it's all bulls**t.

My last relationship ended because a so-called female friend sought to break us up. This person played off my ex's insecurities. My ex asked me to cut myself off from my female friends, simply because one of them made her paranoid. Now, my ex had discovered her previous ex (the father of her two sons) in bed with another woman. That's why she allowed these rumors to bother her....she didn't want a repeat. I understood that, but she couldn't handle it enough to talk about it. I was given the boot unjustly, but not before I said a few things to make her think. I know she will regret it someday, but she burned that bridge for me. Now she has to accept that I am gone forever, and it was her choice.

On my end, I learned a lesson about so-called "friends" who are really just opportunists. I also am now with a woman that I know I belong with. It's a completely different feeling than I expected, and something no one else ever made me feel. I have no doubt. Plus, she allows me to keep my friends. I allow her to do the same. Now, I shut out the distractions of the false friends. It's my own choice to do so. No one is asking me to do it.

I thought I had something else to say, but I seem to have lost my train of thought.... whoa

Well said.drinker

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 01:53 PM
Your profile looks fine. Although you might want to add some more pics and either lose the one of you with the other woman or at least explain who she is.

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 01:51 PM

Joined so a friend could use the smiley faced guys....:smile: :wink: laugh ....started reading the forums and joined in a conversation about llamas and a caulking gun.....and stayed. Long after I found the man who makes my life so much better on here, I stayed for the friendships I have made.......:heart: :heart:

Just looked......today is my four year anniversary on here!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ha, that's awesome. Happy Mingle-versary, Eileeena.flowerforyou

no photo
Wed 04/13/11 01:49 PM
So what do you talk to your friends about then, if not about your relationship? Where I work that's all they talk about- kids, spouses, and relationships. And it's not just women either, so men do it too.

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25