Community > Posts By > SubstanceD

SubstanceD's photo
Mon 09/07/09 10:04 PM
Edited by SubstanceD on Mon 09/07/09 10:06 PM
Cocaine is vitamins for hotel soap! He'll it it out of anything. The trash can, the sink, even out of the dogs mouth! Dog don't mind.

Hey, my dog doesn't hev and melk in his pellowcase!

SubstanceD's photo
Mon 09/07/09 09:39 AM

SubstanceD, your girlfriends cat "Princess" is adorable!!! bigsmile

It was such a cutie. It hated her but loved me, she didn't know how to look after a cat and she got it after she saw Squig and found out I liked cats :P

SubstanceD's photo
Mon 09/07/09 12:24 AM
What browser do you use and why?

Me, Opera 10. So so awesome. 100% on Acid3, loads every page perfectly, never had a crash, runs lightning fast and has everything you need without plugins. My favorite thing about it is a built in e-mail client that works perfectly with Gmail.

SubstanceD's photo
Mon 09/07/09 12:21 AM
Google Chrome is very meh, too apple plastic bullsh!t for my liking.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:24 PM

i just highlight the text which makes it visible.

i mean people never remember to resize.

I do that as well, and in threads with blown margins, I type in smaller margins to keep from going out of viewing. I guess I am too comme il faut because I do resize for this site. Oh well! ohwell

About 600 pixels won't break the tables. kb quotas are useless these days as most people have cable anyway

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 10:10 PM
Edited by SubstanceD on Sun 09/06/09 10:34 PM
Here's a quick tutorial on most things you can do with bbCode with examples! Hope this helps some of you guys out.

The code is [IMG ]www.your url here.com/img.jpg[/img ] just remove the spaces to use it. I recommended Warst to host your images and it'll give you the code for your image too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bold:
Bold is easy, the code is [b ] and [/b ] to close, Put them around the text you want to bold [b ]like this[/b ]

Underline:
Underline again is easy. the code is [u ] and [/u ] It'll look [u ]like this[/u ]

Italics:
Italics is [i ] and [/i ] it'll look like this

Quote:
If you want to quote someone or something the code is [quote ] and [/quote ].
like this

Linking:
To create a link (like my link to Warst.com up there) use [/url ] it'll look like this
Google

Font Size:
You can change the size of your font easily with [size=10 ] [/size ]
10 point
20 point

Font Colour:
Colour is a bit different, to use colour it's [color=RGB code ] and

red is #FF0000
blue is #0000FF
yellow is #FFFF00
pink is #FF00FF
orange is #FF6600

if anyone wants any other colors, or lighter/darker shades I'll find them out for you

Code:
If you have a formula or some script to show everyone use [code ] and [/code ] the output looks like this
<head>

<body>
<a href="www.google.com">
<p> this is just an example of html
</body>
</head>

That's everything I've explored for now, so if anyone has anything to add please feel free! Too take a look at all the code used in my post, just quote the post and take a look at what I've done.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 10:00 PM

Think outside the box.

Picture a box that is inside a larger box. That, sir, is the box I'm thinking outside of.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 09:58 PM

I am trying to learn to copy and paste.....do not have the hang of it yet.

the code is [IMG ] url of your photo [/IMG ] just remove the spaces after IMG

warst.com can host your image and give you the code easy

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 09:40 PM
Edited by SubstanceD on Sun 09/06/09 10:02 PM
For those of you who don't know how to host images, go to www.warst.com and upload your photo there, then copy the BBCode and paste in your message.

For those of you who have hosting already the code is [IMG ]www.yoururlhere.com/img.jpg[/IMG ] without the spaces after IMG. Hope that helps.

Hey, lets get some of out pets photos up in here.

These have been my cats over the ages:

Left to Right, Top to Bottom is...

Cat - He has no name and is huge. My family cat where I'm living now.

Ampersand and Ellipses - 2 kittens that were given to me while I was living in Guznghou, China

Princess - My girlfriends cat while I was living in Zhuhai China, looks like a big stuffed toy and is so damn cute.

Ampersand and Ellipses again

Squig - My coolest cat ever. He'd sleep with me, wait buy the door when i was about to come home and when I entered the house he'd roll around on the floor and do a little kitty dance. Loved to sit on my shoulder. Best friend I ever had but I had to give him away when I went to Guangzhou.

For those of you who need a place to host images try out www.warst.com there's no sign up and you just copy and paste the BBCode it gives you.

EDIT: Whoops, broken tables. Does anyone know max pixel width? I'll resize the pic when I find out.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 09:05 PM

Best lyric lines...

Saigon Kick - The Lizard

Lick your friends until they start to quiver

Anthrax - Nobody Knows Anything

I don't know how much generosity I can take
Until I leave a trail of bodies lying in my wake

Nobody Knows Anything has some of the best drumming EVER. I saw them live and they turned the whole song into 1 drum solo. So brilliant.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 09:01 PM
Edited by SubstanceD on Sun 09/06/09 09:05 PM

Most of the stuff you guys have mentioned I am not big on..but I do like Dream Theater, Avenged Sevenfold, and Blind Guardian.

But then again, being a bit older than you, I am pretty sure my definition of ' metal ' is gonna be slightly different than yours.

Well, going oldskool, Led Zepp, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Motorhead, Alice Cooper.... all good.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:59 PM
Post some of your favorite songs and lyrics!

Faith No More - Ricochet

It's always funny until someone gets hurt,
and then it's just hilarious.

Frenzal Rhomb - Stand Up and be Cunted

Freedom of expression is imperative to me
I call on everyone to run naked though the city streets
Sedatives I know you wanna
mersyndol and marijuana
too much hydro drives you round the bend
says me a my ****ed up friends
you know its time to stand up
stand up and be cunted

Pink Floyd - Time

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:49 PM
Stone Temple Pilots - Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:48 PM
I'm a big metal fan. Favorite bands are:
Meshuggah
Strapping Young Lad
Blind Guardian
Gojira
Dream Theater
Tomohawk
Tenacious D
Sikth

and so many more... good to see theres at least one other metalhead on :D

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:25 PM
Edited by SubstanceD on Sun 09/06/09 09:07 PM

lol, try grading 6th grade language arts! some of them are quite funny in ways I wouldn't tell the students, such as the jack off his horse example and worse. I think I've developed quite a sick sense of humor out of the whole thing

I was working as a teacher in China for about 2 years. They have better punctuation than everyone else but make some of the funniest mistakes. I was talking to my friend the other day and she said...

(1:46:02 AM) Tracy: my students will come over me

Meaning her students will come and see her when she's on holiday.

Also they pronounce peanuts as penis, eyes as *** and can't as a certain 4 letter word beginning with c. It's hilarious. I ocne asked the question "What is a salty food?", one of the ladies in my class throws her hand up and says "Penis!" Technically correct but not the answer I was looking for :P

And yet....

You had a typo in Remember in your first post in this thread...and then you spell 'text ' as ' txt ' at the same time you are complaining about grammatical errors and text speak.

If you are gonna be a grammar/spelling Nazi....you may want to make sure your own errors are taken care of first.

txt as used in text message not a body of text. I see them as different. Some shorthand works well. I've got no qualms with "msg", "txt" and things like "sup?" but a lot of it is just pure laziness.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:19 PM

This thread was more about phrases, rather than grammatical errors.

It's still overused and horrific...

Also, people that use u instead of you, r instead of are and so on. Nothing makes me rage more than a txt that says

"Wat r u doin 2nite?"

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:08 PM
Irregardless...
It's a double negative number one, and people use it to just mean regardless. It's a retarded word that should be stricken from the minds of everyone.

Their, there and they're used incorrectly.
When people don't use a possessive on time. For example, missing the apostrophe on "Two weeks' notice"

Not knowing the difference between "Boys' Shoes" and "Boy's Shoes" and not realizing that the 2nd one is a singular possessive and not a contraction of "Boy is"

American spellings of colour, centre, theatre and so on...

People don't care about punctuation anymore. Rememebr capitalization is the diference between:

"I helped my uncle Jack off his horse"
and
"I helped my uncle jack off his horse"

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:01 PM
I've got 4 tattoos myself, here's 3 of them.
Sorry about quality, this is on a camera phone.

Unfortunetly I can't take a photo of the 4th by myself as it's on my back.

Tattoos can have many meanings, that bomb I've got on my stomach just signifies a certain time of my life, nothing more. But the cross is about faith in humanity (not god) and is a sign of oppression of belief.

The alien was my first tattoo, wanted it forever. It's my own design. A bit of a coming of age thing.

On my back is the German word, Nerv, with half a maple leaf. Signifying how we protect our humility with our feelings and lies...

Tattoos can mean anything you want them to, I think they're fantastic and I love a lady with tatts and piercings.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:52 AM

I see rights to a movie ,.. drinker

what a nightmere,...noway sad

going through something like that would definitely change your person,..

glad you made it back to tell your story drinker

I wish, couldn't even get on the news... I've had more horror stories than that. Was tortured in my own apartment, been homeless twice...

but, on the other hand, I had a great gob, made a lot of money, met a lot of interesting people, had some fantastic girlfriends and discovered myself as a person.

A little bit of negative puts a lot into perspective, and I've always believed that you can't really appreciate what you have until you've had nothing.

SubstanceD's photo
Sun 09/06/09 06:48 AM

Addiction to anything is negative, regardless of what it is. :)

and everything is subject to interpretation and personal values. I think religion is negative, it's like an addiction to invisible friends.

Anyway, my motto has always been "Everything in moderation, especially moderation"

Previous 1