Community > Posts By > CatsLoveMe

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 09:11 PM

And finally a voice of reason and worthy of intelligent discourse in this debate. It seems that I touched a nerve with so many and many of whom have gotten lost in the meaning of the topic. It's not cats vs. dogs, or demonizing dogs in general, it is the persistent track record of the breed named "pitbull" and knowing this, what would posess a reasonable thinking and responsible adult to ever want to adopt such an unpredictable and agressive animal? They never seem to answer the question about why the pitbull, and not another breed, do they? Seems like dodging to me.

The court of public opinion, sucks when someone doesn't agree with you, huh?

Ironic and hypocritical .

Good job. indifferent

Ooh, oww, you wound me. Maybe you could enlighten me as to why so many people, probably millions by now are so fascinated in owning or desiring to aquire a pitbull breed dog. Not the sugar-coated reasons, the real reasons.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 09:08 PM

Why is it that pitbull owners keep clinging to the same sorry logic that their "cute adorable hell-hounds" are harmless and affectionate? These dogs are vicious, nasty, killers, and frankly, very offensive. Of all the 100s of breeds of dogs, why do people choose to adopt a pit-bull? I mean, what the hell? Isn't the name enough to deter someone from adopting such an objectionable canine? Or how about its track record, or behavioral tendencies? I say it's time that communities all accross America start making this breed illegal, too much harm has been done already by this breed.

Because all dogs are basically the same.

They can all be killers if they are large enough.

They can all be loyal when treated and trained properly.

And just like with all living things there will be bad in all of us, animals are no different but that doesn't go by breed it goes by mental illness and such.

You have a choice placed before you: Adopt a chow chow, a Siberian, a Black Lab, a German Shep, or a PitBull, which would you choose? And why? I don't see how a reasonably thinking person can honestly trust the integrity or beauty of this manufactured breed.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 09:04 PM

Love to see all the support for the most mistreated and misunderstood breed of dog!

I have owned Pit Bulls for 15 yrs! Not one of them has ever been aggressive towards a human without good cause. I do not own them for protection, I can take care of myself! I own them because they are the best companions I have ever had. They are strong, intelligent, independent and require a responsible and respectable leader IMO, but they are not monsters and the media is well...media (it's never the true story)!

Pit Bulls rank higher than most other breeds in temperament testing & that's a fact!

Don't lie to yourself, there is a real reason why you chose that breed and no other, come clean and tell the truth. At least tell us convincingly why you did. You may not feel you have too, but as a pittie owner you are in a bit of a bias.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 09:01 PM

Why is it that pitbull owners keep clinging to the same sorry logic that their "cute adorable hell-hounds" are harmless and affectionate? These dogs are vicious, nasty, killers, and frankly, very offensive. Of all the 100s of breeds of dogs, why do people choose to adopt a pit-bull? I mean, what the hell? Isn't the name enough to deter someone from adopting such an objectionable canine? Or how about its track record, or behavioral tendencies? I say it's time that communities all accross America start making this breed illegal, too much harm has been done already by this breed.

Pitbulls were bred to be fighters/guard dogs. How they're raised does matter, but they are born with traits that make them optimal lean, mean, killing machines. Which is why they are so feared. It's not just about how they are raised, but about understanding the breed itself and the traits the dog is born with.

I grew up around dogs, pits, poodles, dalmations, mixes, etc. You have to understand and respect them, like any other animal.

And finally a voice of reason and worthy of intelligent discourse in this debate. It seems that I touched a nerve with so many and many of whom have gotten lost in the meaning of the topic. It's not cats vs. dogs, or demonizing dogs in general, it is the persistent track record of the breed named "pitbull" and knowing this, what would posess a reasonable thinking and responsible adult to ever want to adopt such an unpredictable and agressive animal? They never seem to answer the question about why the pitbull, and not another breed, do they? Seems like dodging to me.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:57 PM
One, her name is Mittens. Erica's cat. Funny how everytime I get into a relationship, they always have a cat or cats. I have never made a conscious descision on my own to get a cat for myself, on my own. It has always been when I was in a realtionship. And then they leave, or pass away, and I am left with the cat or cats. I guess they will always be with me.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:42 PM

The only time you hear about a pitbull is one attacks someone, there a tens of thousands of pitbulls and you only hear the few that bites someone. Those that do bite need to have their humans looked at to see what they have done to make such an aggressive dog. People seem to forget that when 101 dalmations came out in the 90's that there was a rash of people being attacked and bitten by dalmations due to puppy mills cranking out dogs that were defective due to poor breeding which sadly is the case with most pure breed dogs. All dogs, even those crappy lil overbread dogs that shake and piss all the time bite and can cause serious damage if the bite is in the right area.

Exactly. You don't hear about all the nice, friendly, loving pits in the news. I've known a few people who have had them and they were nothing but friendly, happy dogs.

I have friends who have a pit mix who is the most cuddly dog ever. Very sweet.

You don't because there are so few of them. And the media doesn't publish the "minority report." You don't hardly ever hear of agressive Bijon or Aussie Shepherd dog attacks. Yet PB defenders keep bringing up other breeds as being agressive, yet they won't acknowledge that the breed they are defending has a long history of agressive and offensive behavior.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:31 PM
Depends on what you consider "long distance." It's fairly subjective. When I first met Erica, I found out that she was in Moab, and I was in Denver, roughly 370+ miles. Most would say that was an LDR. To me, it was a mere 5 1/2 hours away. After 2 visits spanning a week and a half each and a few hundred phone conversations, I decided to take the big plunge and move out there. I have been a happy man ever since. I love it here.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:26 PM
Pretentiousness, game-playing, vanity, and shyness.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:23 PM
Radiologists.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:20 PM

People want to feel that they are being treated and treating others fairly, that what they are getting out of a relationship is equivalent to what they are putting into it. Many of us attempt to maintain relationships that are fair and just. In other words, it is perceived as fair when the outcomes of a relationship are proportional to the contribution each makes.

Why do we often find ourselves involved with an in-between inequitable relationship?

Because too often, pride, vanity, arrogance, and selfishness prevails. The sooner we drop that, the more likely an "equitable" relationship can prosper.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:18 PM
I "judge" based on the facts and the evidence presented. I leave emotion out of it.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:06 PM
Bentonite. Ask any 4-wheeler.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 02:01 PM
#1 An end to anger

#2 An end to pride

#3 An end to greed

Soon, please!

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:59 PM

Myself I would not own one. I have my own reasons as a child and of a tragedy that happen with a family and the death of a small child due to one.

But do I believe the whole breed is to blame no....noway

I do believe due to inbreeding and owners that these dogs should only be owned by certain people. I don't think those with small children should have them. But then I think most people with kids need to think twice about getting pets with smaller children. whoa

But of all the breeds to choose from, why the PB? Why? What makes this breed so attractive to people who buy and adopt them?

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:57 PM

you're a mean individual.
i hope a pitbull kills you.
since apparently that's all they go around doing.

The court of public opinion, sucks when someone doesn't agree with you, huh?

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:54 PM
An end to the pagan celebration of Christmas. Christmas has lost its glow and charm, and has become a sham.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:51 PM

Sorry I disagree I don't own a Pit bull but I have a friend who does. That dog will not attack unless its provoked or he's told to. Any animal is the owners responsibility. Its sad that some owners don't know how to raise this breed of dog. How could you make a statement like that to make the breed illegal? What are you implying make the breed extinct? I will agree to monitor the breeders so no interbreeding is done. Thats usually the dogs that have issues.

Ah, because the breed keeps making headlines, and everytime I hear of an agressive dog-attack, or there is a civil tort case involving an attack, more than 90% of the time, it's a pit-bull. Let me guess, pit-bull owners select the breed for protection because of their notoriety of agressiveness. Protect yourself, you do not need to rely on a dog breed to to this. It's an excuse. The breed itself was artificially introduced through mixed breeding, so no, I wouldn't shed a tear if this breed were to be eventually extinct.

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:36 PM
"Loan me $200, and I'll let you sleep with me."

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:34 PM
Sushi

CatsLoveMe's photo
Mon 11/15/10 01:32 PM

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25