Community > Posts By > pkd1220

no photo
Thu 11/20/14 12:31 PM
No one is remotely who they started out as in the beginning and that is the beauty of it all. Far too often characters never change throughout the series. I love it, make a party of it every Sunday night and I'll anxiously await the return in February.

no photo
Thu 11/20/14 12:01 PM
As with your writing as when talking on the phone- I never claim boredom and one sentence anticipates the next. A feast one might say- when I am mainly served fast food day after day. Rock on my friend.

no photo
Sun 09/14/14 07:17 AM
Bravo as always. Such an old, wise soul you are- proving that age is just a number.

no photo
Sun 09/14/14 07:05 AM
What can I say. You know I am in love with your poems. Hanging out with you isn't too bad either. :)

no photo
Sun 09/14/14 06:52 AM
:heart: short and sweet

no photo
Sun 09/14/14 06:52 AM
Got a phone call saying why are you never on here anymore. So it's nice to see an old friend when I come. Much love Denise.

no photo
Wed 02/19/14 08:59 PM
Edited by pkd1220 on Wed 02/19/14 09:04 PM
Never Trust A Smile

It all makes sense now
The first line gave it away

"You at all into younger, open minded men?"

Why yes dear boy, I have been
On Youtube I watched all 27 videos
Of love lost, leaving you broken
And not understanding your words
I focus on the sad, uncertain eyes
That stared back at me
As you shut the camera off.

But there was nothing uncertain
About the intent you had planned
For me, yo momma, oh momma, mmmm.....momma

"U make me feel so good, I really like u
Could love u so easily, U make me happy"

Using your sad puppy dog delivery
I lapped up the shytt you offered
as* waving in the air, suffocated
Intoxicated, strangulated, as you
Wrapped my scarf around your neck
And pulled me in, what's a little sin?
Among friends or strangers
Dangerous only to me it seems
Who wanted to please, a virgin of sorts
To your inclinations, your derelictions
I did it all for you, only you.

As you spelled out my name
Using matchsticks, using screws
You painted each of my nails
A different color, rainbow happy
I was so certain you were
Full of me as you flossed
Those brilliant white teeth
Over and over
As I admired you
In the mirror

Never trust a smile

Your innocent demeanor soon
Disappeared, disappointed
I asked what was wrong
You were too busy with work
I lived too far away
You were moving to Texas
Your OCD was getting bad
It was all about you, all about you, all about you

I was rear ended, literally
Violently, unexpectedly
Causing a fracture
That couldn't close, couldn't heal
While you still texted
How into me you were
Even though you chose
Not to call, to hear my voice
To kiss my lips, my eyes, my neck.
I needed your touch
But you, ever the chameleon
Embraced the ability to disappear
I was still injured, restless, sexless
While you texted how you couldn't
Stop stroking your cock
I had you wild.

Using your OCD excuses
Insulated your behavior
Your compulsions, your inability
Your fear to feel anything
While I feel it all.

Free falling into yet another
Epicenter, a storm of your making
And you, with the tools of your trade
Whipped and strapped to your back
Positioned yourself at my door
Plying your skills, you had it made
But for a moment, my place
A cheap Motel 6, good for
One night, maybe four.

A quick reservation, a brief respite
Your leaving unannounced
As I box up the aftermath
Where it sits as a reminder
That you never even
Checked out at all.

no photo
Wed 01/22/14 06:59 AM
Nice sentiments and so true.

no photo
Wed 01/22/14 06:48 AM
Living it...at times. I like it Colin.

no photo
Wed 01/22/14 06:43 AM
So great to see you here although I am hardly ever on. Went to St. Andrews for a Blues Traveler concert and thought of you. :)

no photo
Wed 02/13/13 11:02 AM
Great writing....just wish I hadn't read it at work on my lunch hour. laugh Now I'm curious about the rest of the story. Well done.

no photo
Tue 12/25/12 06:01 PM
Best of luck to you and welcome to Mingle2.:smile:

no photo
Tue 12/25/12 01:42 AM
several great lines here-lovely...

no photo
Mon 12/24/12 08:09 AM
May you find what you're seeking. Welcome to Mingle2!!

no photo
Mon 12/24/12 08:07 AM
Welcome to Mingle2 and may you find all you desire.

no photo
Sat 11/03/12 06:55 AM
Best of luck to you, join the forums and give everyone a chance to know you. Welcomewaving

no photo
Sat 11/03/12 05:52 AM
If you've got someone professing love and a willingness to move forward quickly before even meeting you-that should send up red flags. I find that if the guy is really good looking and has one photo and goes on about how wonderful my profile is-another red flag. Anyone claiming they think you are the one just by looking at your profile is more than likely a scammer. If they want to chat elsewhere immediately-like yahoo messenger-another red flag.

Please report them with the button provided on the profile and the administration will look into it. That way you will have not spent days thinking this person is "the one" for you.

no photo
Wed 10/24/12 10:28 AM

Ah, this explains a bit. It isn't a real situation, which makes sense, as you keep bringing more into it such as marriage, which wasn't in your original post. So no matter what any of us say, you'll just change it a bit and say that's not what it was about.

Whatever step is being taken is irrelevant. It could moving in together, getting a dog, buying he a ring, setting a date, getting married, having children. Each step requires a life changing decision. Each step needs to be weighed carefully.

What we get when we date much younger people are people that aren't as experienced in the complexities of a relationship. If it is one of the first experiences for them it isn't necessarily a level playing field. We've had a lot more relationships and challenges that we've dealt with. They haven't. Some people aren't as strong as others. Some people aren't as independent or able to stand on their own. I'm not to judge that. What I do feel is my responsibility is that if I seriously don't want something to progress and they do- I will cut things off for their own good.

I feel that with the knowledge gained from my experiences-it's my moral responsibility to MYSELF to not let someone keep hanging around when I am probably not willing to give them what they need in the time frame they need it. It is selfish of me to keep them hanging around because I like it for the moment. If I have more inner strength than that person and if I love them I will leave them for the good of both of us. Time is precious and so is love. Neither should be squandered if you know in your heart it's not right.

As I have stated a number of times, she is an adult and fully able to make her own decisions. Her emotional wellbeing is her own problem. If she continued to nag me about it, I would tell her to go as I do with all nagging. I always say the same thing, "there's the door." If she isn't getting her needs met, go, please, don't let the door hit you on the way out. The world is filled with men, why waste you time with a jerk like me?

But, they never leave.

This is just going in circles. There is nothing new here. You ladies keep putting forward the same arguments and I have refuted them all several times now.

I do want to meet someone and find a place and retire and all the rest. But, I don't want to be pushed into it in the same way a woman doesn't want to be pushed into having sex too soon. She must allow me the time I need to feel comfortable. This is why I do not break it off. I'll even give you my time table. Once we've been together five years, it's time to get a place together. Ten years and it's time to get married. As for children, I'm done with that. If she tells me she wants children, I stop having sex with her.

I'm sure many will say this is unreasonable, but it's my time table and I'm holding firmly to it.

This lady did offer something new man. It's called moral responsibility. If you love or have feelings for someone their emotional well being should concern you(particularly if she is the mother of your child). If another person's feelings are inconsequential to you- call it what it is...and the term doesn't resemble what most would consider a relationship.

no photo
Mon 10/22/12 11:51 AM

Perhaps these women aren't mature enough to accept what you are saying. As for fault; why would you care if she blames you or not? Again; it sounds like that a woman is pretty immature if she blames you for the relationship ending if she doesn't get what she wants. Sounds like a child throwing a tantrum if you ask me. Again; no one on this site can answer your question as to what the woman you are dating wants. Everyone is different; everyone wants something different. Me, I would appreciate your honesty and just walk away from the relationship with no hard feelings as I have no wish to change you anymore than I would want you to change me.

It's not as if we're talking about 13 year olds here. She's an adult and capable of making up her own mind. If she wants to leave, it just shows me she isn't the right girl for me. So, as you say, no hard feelings.

But, if she stays, she knows what she in for and the responsibility is her own.

What we get when we date much younger people are people that aren't as experienced in the complexities of a relationship. If it is one of the first experiences for them it isn't necessarily a level playing field. We've had a lot more relationships and challenges that we've dealt with. They haven't. Some people aren't as strong as others. Some people aren't as independent or able to stand on their own. I'm not to judge that. What I do feel is my responsibility is that if I seriously don't want something to progress and they do- I will cut things off for their own good.

I feel that with the knowledge gained from my experiences-it's my moral responsibility to MYSELF to not let someone keep hanging around when I am probably not willing to give them what they need in the time frame they need it. It is selfish of me to keep them hanging around because I like it for the moment. If I have more inner strength than that person and if I love them I will leave them for the good of both of us. Time is precious and so is love. Neither should be squandered if you know in your heart it's not right.

no photo
Fri 10/19/12 12:36 PM
I want to know where it's going because I don't view my life as static. It's ever changing from moment to moment. I desire growth or advancement in most things in my life-be it a career or a relationship. I want to know that I am somewhat near the top of someone's priorities. That doesn't have to mean living together.

That's not to say that I am saying forever or anything to that effect. I am with someone 22 years younger and you WILL NOT be at the same stage of life. You have to evaluate what's worth it for you and will it bother you 3 or 4 years down the road if it ends.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25