Community > Posts By > pkd1220

no photo
Fri 03/30/12 09:45 AM
I have friends I've never been romantically involved with. Even if they might be attracted-they know me so well to know that it would never work. We value the friendship more than that. Boyfriends can come and go. Friends are there for the long haul.

I work with mainly guys and had three younger brothers so it's what I'm used to and comfortable with. So, yes it IS possible.

no photo
Fri 03/30/12 09:38 AM
Best of luck to you and welcome to Mingle2!!! waving

no photo
Fri 03/30/12 09:36 AM
Not from your area, but best of luck to you and welcome to Mingle2!! :smile:

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 01:39 PM
Live every day to the fullest

Surround yourself with loving friends and family

Experience all that you can so you never say I wish I would have

Treat others as you would like to be treated

And laugh and smile as often as possible

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 01:07 PM
What a great ending....:smile:

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 01:04 PM
nicely done...great to see you here again. waving

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 01:03 PM
I like....flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 01:02 PM
What can I say? Ain't love grand!! Lovely writing for sure.flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:53 PM
ahhh, yes flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:52 PM
This is an exercise of mine
To eradicate that look in your eyes
Our lips pressed and emeshed
Breating as one, held together
By a longing...symbiotic
Knowing what I now know
All I want to do is spit
Erase the the fake look
The cheap words
That frayed at my senses
My mind twisted wide open
Caught in a web
Of my own creation
With you simple doesn't exist
I'm pissed with your ways
No happy ending
But short story perfect
And in the end I decided
Your brand of love was easier
To take laying down

no photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:44 PM
R I P Adrienne Rich

from Twenty-One Love Poems

III

Since we're not young, weeks have to do time
for years of missing each othr. Yet only this odd warp
in time tells me we're not young.
Did I ever walk the morning streets at twenty,
my limbs streaming with a purer joy?
did I lean from any window over the city
listening for the future
as I listened here with nerves tuned for your ring?
And you, you move toward me with the same tempo.
Your eyes are everlasting, the green spark
of the blue-eyed grass of early summer,
the green-blue wild cress washed by the spring
.At twenty, yes: we thought we'd live forever.
At forty-five, I want to know even our limits.
I touch you knowing we weren't born tomorrow,
and somehow, each of us will help the other live,
and somewhere, each of us must help the other die.

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:55 AM

well i spent time and money...when i got sick i was alone.....and she also stayed on facebook

It happens, just consider yourself lucky you found out and can move on. I did.:smile:

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:54 AM

Yes I have several times and across the country no less. I've been to Dallas/ Fort Worth and have met a girlfriend from here. I've also met a male friend on this site from British Columbia in Vegas for a week and we had a great time. In three weeks I'm going to Georgia to meet someone that I hope will result in a relationship after talking for several months.

So, my answer is yes. If nothing else you get to enjoy travel to a new location and possibly make a connection. If not, you've probably made a friend for life. It's a win-win situation as far as I see it.

I've also helped plan an event in Michigan and met some people from this site. Everyone had a great time. I like meeting people that I find interesting.

I also like to get out and meet people when I can. This site, I mainly meet people for friendship, as everyone is pretty spread out. I met a friend from here over the weekend, which was fun. On another site, there are more locals, so I use that for dating.

I did the same thing. I've made lots of great friends here and it's really what I use this site for. Not on any other sites for dating right now-but have used them in the past.

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:51 AM
Sexual preference does not have anything to do with having a good time as friends.

Best of luck to you as you navigate the site and welcome to Mingle2!!

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:49 AM
Good luck with your search and welcome to Mingle2!! waving

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:48 AM
Best of luck and welcome to Mingle2!! waving

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:44 AM
Yes I have several times and across the country no less. I've been to Dallas/ Fort Worth and have met a girlfriend from here. I've also met a male friend on this site from British Columbia in Vegas for a week and we had a great time. In three weeks I'm going to Georgia to meet someone that I hope will result in a relationship after talking for several months.

So, my answer is yes. If nothing else you get to enjoy travel to a new location and possibly make a connection. If not, you've probably made a friend for life. It's a win-win situation as far as I see it.

I've also helped plan an event in Michigan and met some people from this site. Everyone had a great time. I like meeting people that I find interesting.

no photo
Wed 03/28/12 08:24 AM
The best- He took care of me while I recovered from surgery and got me hooked on watching the Walking Dead and Mad Men.

The worst- He continued to be on 30 plus dating sites while he was in an exclusive relationship with me.

no photo
Sat 03/24/12 09:28 AM
As much as we would like to think we can rise above our past experiences, it is difficult. Everything that happened before us is still a part of our learning and experience.

I do my best to not fall into the pattern of thinking that the same thing will happen that has happened in the past. It's truly the only way to move forward. Remaining open and optimistic to the future and what it brings works for me.

no photo
Sat 03/24/12 09:21 AM

I went out with friends tonight for a trivia night at a bar.

Trivia night at the bar can be a lot of fun.:thumbsup:

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25