Community > Posts By > soxfan94

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 08:11 PM

Okay...after the baseball weekend, then.drinker

Alright, it's a date! smokin

PS - What's NT III?

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 08:10 PM
I think that's an excellent profile! You give a great idea of what you like to do and your attitudes in life. Your pictures are great and you seem generally enthusiastic. Well done!

**The one thing that I would consider changing is the part about summing yourself up in a paragraph. No one likes to do it, and we all know that. We also know that you can't explain everything, so there's really no need to apologize for any of that or explain it.

But seriously, great profile nonetheless.

Cheers. drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 08:05 PM

You are the first to use HMon...but, I kinda like it.flowerforyou

If you adore verbal intelligence and verbiage sparring...along with a little innuendo...we might have to start a thread for just such a thing.

I don't know that I would be able to contain my excitement! I would absolutely love that idea to death. But not tonight, since I need to get some sleep. And not this weekend since I'll be drunk Friday and Saturday, and playing baseball all day Sunday. :cry:

But sometime, please!

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:56 PM
Sure thing, and good luck with your profile...I'm certain it won't be hard to create an eye catcher, since you seem to have a great personality.

Cheers.drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:54 PM
Amen, HMon (I've started calling you that for no apparent reason, but I like it and hopefully you do too because I'm stubborn about change).

There's nothing wrong with casual language, but I certain do adore verbal intelligence like nothing else. flowerforyou

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:45 PM
The profile itself is pretty generic. You spelled "et cetera" wrong. Just write etc. usually if you're not sure. The pictures give a good impression of how you look.

Overall, it's not bad but I would definitely add more text and try to throw in some things that are unique to you. Add some of your own personality to it!

drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:43 PM

And you need to adjust your verbosity to meet the intellectual requirements of the individual in need of assessment and advice.

Well played, good sir.

(For the record, let it be known I was speaking to HMon, who can certainly hold her own when it comes to deciphering verbose nonsense such as mine. :tongue: )

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:41 PM

I'm thinking you don't like Roger Clemmons. (btw you spelled his name wrong...but I won't tell anyone...)

Haha, everyone is spelling his name wrong. It's "Roger Clemens."
And he was baseball's best pitcher way before the whole drug scandal years. Whether or not he actually took performance enhancing drugs doesn't change my view of him as a hard working pitcher throughout the early years of his career. I don't care how many steroids you take, being a pitcher that can throw a split fastball with that kind of movement is incredibly hard and has little to do with muscles.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:39 PM
Edited by soxfan94 on Thu 07/17/08 07:58 PM
Even as an ardent Red Sox fan, I can say for certain that it will be sad to see Yankee stadium go. There is a tremendous amount of history there. Babe Ruth set all sorts of records there, and became the game's first iconic figure. Lou Gehrig gave his infamous speech there. Amazing players like Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, and Phil Rizzuto played there. Maris' record of 61 HRs happened there. Reggie Jackson created the legacy of perhaps the best postseason player of all time there. And so on and so forth until current times where Derek Jeter has been one of history's best shortstops, and ARod is chasing the home run record there. It will definitely be sad to see it go.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:34 PM

I've got all kinds of compelling vocabulary up my proverbial sleeve.devil

laugh

Realistically, and logistically, you have no sleeves...proverbial or otherwise. I suggest you synchronize your vernacular bombardments with the actuality of your photographic condition!

:tongue: laugh drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:25 PM

modicum wats that?huh

Juuuuuuuuust a little bit.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:24 PM

This is a good place to make friends. I'm not being critical, but it's soooo much easier to read what write if you use at least a modicum of punctuation.

Welcome! flowerforyou

You used the word modicum. flowerforyou

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:22 PM

are you wanting for us just to judge you by your picture?It takes time to get to know someone before we know if we like the person.

But he's the almighty don! Isn't the result implicit?!

:tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:21 PM

sounds good, but thats going to be a looong walk!

I'm sure you'll be alright. If you need to, you can always jog parts of it.

...oh wait. I guess you mean me? huh

I'll just drive.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:16 PM

It usually works best if you are someplace in the middle of the country. This way you will only have to travel 1500 miles and not 3000 to meet the woman of your dreams.

laugh laugh laugh

laugh
It's funny because it's true!

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:15 PM
Ok fine, I suppose I can forgive you. glasses

So you'll head out for a drink with me then? happy

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:11 PM
To answer your question: no.

But it sure is lots of fun as far as failures go! drinker

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:10 PM

and leave my computer???laugh

LOL!

jerkgrumble

:tongue:

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 07:04 PM

Just curious...if the woman was quite capable of taking care of herself and her child emotionally and responsibly, would you consider joining the fray - assuming you were in love with her, of course.

I'm not sure...I feel that if I was in love with someone I would really want to be involved to a large extent in their life for something as important as their child. I would have a very hard time having a relationship with them without feeling the need to contribute and help them with the kid. Maybe if the right opportunity came along and they were very clear about not needing or wanting help, but I just feel that it's in my nature to try to help.

soxfan94's photo
Thu 07/17/08 06:55 PM

Wide Awake!!:tongue:

Wow, have much coffee today?! laugh

Got any good plans for tonight now that you're all sparky?

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25