Community > Posts By > chris2460

no photo
Sun 03/18/18 07:26 AM

Get one of those alexa things!

ok.. I['m showing my ignorance again.. what's an "alexa thing"?

no photo
Sun 03/18/18 02:39 AM

Whenever i switch on the news, i'm left bewildered, seems to me things get worse with each passing year
Unstable atmosphere
Geological instability
Social instability
Economic instabilty
Constant threat of conflict

Just wondered what everyone else thinks about the current state of the world

I think technology, media, naricissm, greed and rebellion masquerading as an idea of 'freedom' have become our forbidden fruit, looking and tasting sweet and seeming to do no harm but overall contributing to the destruction of our humanity and our souls ...

but other than that, life is wonderful

Couldn't have said it better myself! :thumbsup:

no photo
Sun 03/18/18 02:37 AM

Whenever i switch on the news, i'm left bewildered, seems to me things get worse with each passing year
Unstable atmosphere
Geological instability
Social instability
Economic instabilty
Constant threat of conflict

Just wondered what everyone else thinks about the current state of the world

I try to be hopeful but I find it scary & depressing- whenever I read the new I get either depressed or
angry esp when it comes to global warming - what kind of world are we leaving for our children?

no photo
Sun 03/18/18 02:33 AM

I don't like too much of what's on now - my fav tv shows are sitcoms but there don't seem to be many good ones now ( at least to my taste!)

Frasier
Big Bang Theory
Third Rock from the Sun

Law & Order & Law Oder Criminal Intent

Without A trace - I loved that show - love Anthony Palaglia's acting! love
third rock from the sun, great classic! smokin I'd have to add it too...

Wasn't it great? I was so disappointed when they took it off the air happy

no photo
Sat 03/17/18 02:04 PM
I love to sing - I just wish I could carry a tune - I sing along to videos when I watch you tube but
mostly in the car when I'm listening to CD's lately a lot of Sarah Machlachlin - man i wish I could sing like her! laugh

no photo
Sat 03/17/18 05:03 AM
Don't mean to be critical but you're looking for a "Mommy or Daddy" ? slaphead
Not the place I think you need to take care of yourself first

no photo
Sat 03/17/18 04:59 AM
I don't like too much of what's on now - my fav tv shows are sitcoms but there don't seem to be many good ones now ( at least to my taste!)

Frasier
Big Bang Theory
Third Rock from the Sun

Law & Order & Law Oder Criminal Intent

Without A trace - I loved that show - love Anthony Palaglia's acting! love

no photo
Fri 03/16/18 03:53 PM

Be yourself is IMHO one of those pointless feel good phrases. I mean, every second we live we literally can't be anyone else. Even actors are still being themselves, they are being the version of themselves which acts as if they are a different person.

I think what people mean when they say they are 'being themselves' is really that they are being the VERSION that they wish to embrace and put forth, and at other times when they were not 'being themselves' they were not being the VERSION of themself they wish to embrace, usually because it resulted in too much pain or not enough pleasure for them or someone they cared about.

Could it be that we really are ALWAYS 'being ourselves', but we have the choice of which self we embrace?

Which self do you embrace? your best self or something else? if you embrace your best self, how do you describe that version?

I hope to grow and evolve in being the best self for whatever the situation involves. I would describe my ideal best self as : patient, balanced, spiritual, logical, and humble.

How do you describe your BEST self?

This is probably a stupid question I don't know the on-line or texting lingo - but what does IMHO
mean? (sometimes I think I need some sort of dictionary to understand these posts!laugh

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

Thanks Tom

no photo
Fri 03/16/18 01:56 PM

Be yourself is IMHO one of those pointless feel good phrases. I mean, every second we live we literally can't be anyone else. Even actors are still being themselves, they are being the version of themselves which acts as if they are a different person.

I think what people mean when they say they are 'being themselves' is really that they are being the VERSION that they wish to embrace and put forth, and at other times when they were not 'being themselves' they were not being the VERSION of themself they wish to embrace, usually because it resulted in too much pain or not enough pleasure for them or someone they cared about.

Could it be that we really are ALWAYS 'being ourselves', but we have the choice of which self we embrace?

Which self do you embrace? your best self or something else? if you embrace your best self, how do you describe that version?

I hope to grow and evolve in being the best self for whatever the situation involves. I would describe my ideal best self as : patient, balanced, spiritual, logical, and humble.

How do you describe your BEST self?

This is probably a stupid question I don't know the on-line or texting lingo - but what does IMHO
mean? (sometimes I think I need some sort of dictionary to understand these posts!laugh

no photo
Fri 03/16/18 04:06 AM
An incredible mind & scientist - so glad he lived beyond the expected years! RIP

no photo
Fri 03/16/18 03:06 AM

It’s not that obvious im bored rofl

I'd say! laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 03/13/18 06:02 AM

There’s nothing creepy about starting up small talk at the gym.

If you take the pressure out of asking her out or conveying your interest by putting all that off for later, then you can simply approach her for friendly chit chat. If she seems friendly toward you, then ask her out next time. When you do ask, you’ll feel more relaxed because you’ve already spoken to her and gotten friendly feedback.

If you don’t get friendly feedback, you will know she may not be receptive to having men approach her in the gym...or at all.

I think the key point in this is to be natural and talk to people as people, instead of as a means to fulfill an agenda.
Get to know her as a person. Not an object of desire.

very well said!:happy

no photo
Tue 03/13/18 05:56 AM

I don’t know about searching, but I’m waiting for a fortune from my new Nigerian bank account.

you and me both! they keep promising.....

rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Mon 03/12/18 05:46 AM
it was a first date and after he had finished eating he pulled a toothpick out of his pocket and proceeded to pick his teeth! The worst part was that he licked it clean & put it back in his pocket - what a class act!

no photo
Mon 03/12/18 05:44 AM

Whats with the fascination of the disaster date?
Morbid curiosity?
A need to classify your own failures against others?
Seriously, I don't get it?

While I have had my fair share of date failures what makes it alluring for me to share those experiences with strangers?

Do you use it to gauge how messed up your dates were to mine?
Why, seriously, why would that matter?

Wouldn't it be more helpful to request I share the successes?
That we all might learn what works rather than what doesn't work?

This all fits nicely with my discipline that negative results in negative.
People are focused on the negative aspects in life rather than the positive.
When you seek negative, all you find is negative.

Because a lot of the bad date stories are funny! laugh

no photo
Sun 03/11/18 02:39 PM

There’s nothing creepy about starting up small talk at the gym.

If you take the pressure out of asking her out or conveying your interest by putting all that off for later, then you can simply approach her for friendly chit chat. If she seems friendly toward you, then ask her out next time. When you do ask, you’ll feel more relaxed because you’ve already spoken to her and gotten friendly feedback.

If you don’t get friendly feedback, you will know she may not be receptive to having men approach her in the gym...or at all.

I agree - I don't think talking to a woman at a gym is creepy at all - as long as you are friendly & respectful (& not leering at her figure!) you should do fine. As someone else said act as though her response doesn't matter to you at all.

no photo
Sun 03/11/18 02:35 PM
as prepared as I'm ever gonna be - as they used to say in the 50's during the Cold War - just bend over & kiss your a** goodbye. laugh

no photo
Sun 03/11/18 02:32 PM

Genuine word is hurting you lot i think so....

wow, your english is terrible....

No offense but I agree - if you are looking to meet women on this site you are going to have to improve
your English or find a site in your language.

no photo
Sun 03/11/18 02:29 PM
You're right it doesn't matter _ Trump boasted about how he went behind the scenes at the Miss Universe Contest & grabbed woman & could get away with because of who he is. When you are rich you feel as though you can get away with anything and in his case he does. This coming from the man who "said he'd do his daughter" if he couldslaphead

no photo
Sun 03/11/18 02:23 PM

Compared to the mass/energy of known existence, the power of the collider is pathetic and inconsequential, and any rips, tears, holes, singularitys, event horizons, worm holes, star gates, and 'transformers' will collapse in fractions of seconds.
Get your babel fish and towel, and DON'T PANIC.

a post about the subject based on reality and not conspiracy theories people really should do their homework before they postulate their far-fetched theories Thanks

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25