Community > Posts By > sun_devil_92

sun_devil_92's photo
Fri 12/25/09 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your parents, thats a difficult loss to suffer.

One was expected and one wasn't. It was hard, but I thought it would be harder - it is hard to put into words. The event isn't what hurt but not being able to ask them for advice is what does. Thank you for the kind words.

You have a wonderful attitude about the new year though.

I have to - my mother was an optimist, and it's genetic. flowerforyou

sun_devil_92's photo
Fri 12/25/09 06:35 PM
Lost both parents this year, as well as watching numerous friends beings let go due to various rounds of workforce reduction. I'm moving to another state since job was eliminated and new one is there.

However, I am very optimistic for 2010. flowerforyou

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/13/09 07:55 PM

I would hang onto the gal next to you in the picture

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, but I new to the site.

sun_devil_92's photo
Fri 12/11/09 09:25 PM
Popular vote,
69,456,897 for Obama and
59,934,814 for McCain.
That's 52.9% to 45.7%

Actually since there was an economic meltdown one month prior to the election, I'm surprised that McCain only lost by 7% of the vote.

Anyways, I agree with the sentiment that since I didn't vote for him I'll abstain from the first question. As for whether he deserves the Nobel peace prize, I'd say no because he hasn't done anything you to deserve it. Could he? Sure, but that is like awarding a kid an "A" for the semester for showing up for the first week of class just because you didn't like the kids that were in the class the prior year. Setting the bar a little low, but that is just my opinion.

sun_devil_92's photo
Thu 12/10/09 09:13 PM
Overall, I like it except for the following:

While friendship is my imediate goal, a longterm relationship with a view towards marriage is what I seek in the end.

My first thought is, "Whoa!" I'm thinking that bantering around marriage right off the bat may scare away some. Thus, I'd probably change it to say, "While friendship is my immediate goal, a long term relationship with that special woman is what I seek eventually."

Just a thought, and I wish for you the best.

sun_devil_92's photo
Wed 12/09/09 05:57 PM
I definitely liked Joy Division and losing Ian Curtis before his time was just wrong. However, I've got to say that I'm a bigger New Order fan myself.

sun_devil_92's photo
Tue 12/08/09 08:36 PM
Actually, it was 29 years ago ... I remember since it was the first year of my parents divorce. I caught the news of his death over the radio. Honestly, the other reason I remember was that music was changing pretty substantially that year ... I say it because really it had a more profound influence on me today than back then.

sun_devil_92's photo
Tue 12/08/09 07:37 PM
Lots of apocalyptic future movies ...

sun_devil_92's photo
Tue 12/08/09 07:34 PM
Depeche Mode
New Order
Naked Eyes
Madonna and Sean Penn
MASH (the crummy episodes)
The Cosby Show
Family Ties
Oingo Boingo
Asia

sun_devil_92's photo
Mon 12/07/09 08:47 PM
Here's a link to the diet via Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketogenic_diet

It does look effective, but I'm thinking that it won't be for you just for the following (it is from the "Adverse Effects" section of the link above):

Cholesterol may increase by around 30%.

If I recall correctly, you're trying to reduce your cholesterol ...

sun_devil_92's photo
Mon 12/07/09 08:40 PM
Hola, como esta? Welcome!

sun_devil_92's photo
Mon 12/07/09 07:29 PM
You can say you have humor, or you can say something humorous, know what I mean? A lot of bio's say how they are when really, one just wants to catch a peek of who you are.

Very true. It is like the "nice" delimiter that I put in another profile feedback thread: for both "nice" and "humorous", it is used so often by people as "trigger" words for profiles to get attention that people really wonder if the person is it when they read the profile. Thus, it is better to show your "humor." (and dare I say - better to show your "sarcastic humor" rather than saying it)

In a way, it is a great way to show women what your humor really is. And besides, if they don't like it, then it is no loss to you since it meant the two of you were not a match. I had a ex-girlfriend that thought she was funny - let's just say that she wasn't, at least to me. Probably one of the main reason why we are each other's ex if you ask me.

Keep in mind my philosophy is not to find as many women as possible - it is to find the match for me. Thus take my feedback with that perspective, and I wish for you the best.

sun_devil_92's photo
Mon 12/07/09 02:30 PM
Edited by sun_devil_92 on Mon 12/07/09 02:30 PM
As to the sarcasm comments, there is nothing wrong with being sarcastic. It's when people are sardonic, that it's annoying and rude.

Well, being sardonic is one element of it but not all. Just being negative is annoying and rude too. Yeah, there may not be an element of bitterness to it, but no one wants hang around with the Glee Club for The Cure.

OP, I guess I'm just noting it from some profiles that I saw from women that happen to note that they were straight-forward and positive. (I'm not meaning to infer that if a woman that doesn't put it in her profile is the opposite - just that I noted it from a population that had these traits) Thus I'd probably put in there (emphasis in italics):
I don't consider myself particularly good looking, but I am a very humorous guy, a little sarcastic, but never mean or negative.

Just an observation, and I wish for you the best.

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 08:11 PM
Thanks ....good to know. I changed it although I am really only looking for friends on here.

Oops, missed that part. blushing

Seriously, even for friendship you don't want to have someone that has trust issues either. You want them to not just give trust out willingly, but you don't want to have that eggshell walking feeling around them either. It is kind of hard to describe I guess, so if what I wrote doesn't make sense, I empathize.

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 07:44 PM
OP, overall I really think your profile is stellar.

However, there is something that does give me pause: when you noted what you are looking for in a guy, the first statement that I read is, "I am looking for someone that I can trust and is honest."

Thus, as a guy, I start asking myself, "Does she have trust issues? Am I going to spend half of my time with her on egg shells having to convince her that I'm trustworthy, or is she going to bolt like a rabbit when it hears lightning at the first sight of tension in the relationship?" A serious red flag with a guy.

What I would recommend is changing the following sentence:
"Someone that I can go out and have a great time with doing anything."

to:
"Someone that I can go out and have a great time with doing anything since I trust his honesty and is fun to be with."

You see, you're able to still note that it is a quality that you like (and need), but don't put it out there like some sort of red flag for guys.

I wish for you the best.

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 06:09 PM
hey now wait a minute... I like sarcastic and a sense of humor.

I did say that some women do.

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 05:12 PM
Really good profile. However, the only tweak that I might do is remove the inference to being sarcastic. To some women, they like that. However many consider it a definite turn-off.

The thing has to do with how sarcasm is conveyed. If it is back-biting to the other person and constant, then it drags down the other person and over time it can be draining to date someone who is sarcastic. Also, it might be a clue to that the person is negative in mindset, and turn-off to many.

If sarcasm is infrequently done, meant in humor, and often in self-inflicted (ie. you make yourself the target more often than others), then it can be cool. Yet, this is the paradox; by the time you explain all of this and try to convey this in a profile, women can become disinterested due to the verbose reasoning.

That's why I would leave it out.

I wish for you the best.

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 03:25 PM
Much, much better ... really I think that it is a good profile. However, I'd make the following tweak to it:

Take out the words "hook up" and replace with "hang out with" ... Unless you are looking for a sex buddy. I knew what you meant to say, but your inbox might fill up with e-mails from horny guys that might be thinking something quite different. :wink:

I wish for you the best.

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 02:52 PM
Yeah, at the very least, I think the below might be an issue for you:

P.S. Im not Stalker-ish tell me to stop messaging you and there wont be a problem :D

If you were a real stalker, wouldn't you advertise that you weren't?
:wink:

sun_devil_92's photo
Sun 12/06/09 02:47 PM
I'll agree - it is a good start and it isn't like it is "lousy." However, I think the following items might help:

1) I agree with your profile picture ... to a point. It shows you looking bubbly and happy - very good. However, you have a friend in it, and to some it might give the perception that you aren't confident in yourself. Many guys skip over profile with multiple women in the profile picture since nine times out of ten the one that is of interest in the picture is not what the profile is about. Don't make them guess, because as a defensive mechanism you're not going to like the way we guess ...

2) Your profile has text speech. I understand - to many guys in your age demographic, it is no big deal. However, to others it just comes across like you think you are still in high school - not a flattering image. I'd clean up the grammar and punctuation, but that is just me.

I really wish for you the best.

Previous 1