Community > Posts By > JulieABush

JulieABush's photo
Sun 02/04/24 12:11 PM
Lung1954 I should speak up and say not all Americans would agree to what Trump says about this subject which is the American way. Unfortunately politics gets in the way and screws everything up when there are better solutions to come to an agreement that could or may work for both sides.

JulieABush's photo
Sun 02/04/24 11:56 AM

I like all of the one's you mentioned and would add (for actors) Sidney poiter (don't know if that's how you spell his last name)

And I would add Diana Ross, soul 2 soul, Bob marley, Barry white to your list of singers (to add only a few, because there's so so many!)

Speaking of Bob Marley do you know there’s a movie coming out about him this Valentine’s Day titled “One Love”? I’ve also seen where a movie is going to be made based on Michael Jackson titled “Michael” and so far one actor has been chosen to portray his father Joe.

JulieABush's photo
Sun 02/04/24 05:59 AM
On the 80’s Music Choice Channel one of the facts they list for her is that before her music career she worked at a Dunkin’ Doughnuts in New York and got into an altercation with a customer and got fired.

JulieABush's photo
Sun 02/04/24 05:51 AM
Dionne Warwick. Another group The Whispers.
This post is meant to praise Black musicians who shaped all areas of music and even started different styles of music.

JulieABush's photo
Sun 02/04/24 03:16 AM

How is this topic on here?

Because it’s music related. I forgot another one Dione Warwick (who happens to be Whitney Houston’s 1st cousin).

JulieABush's photo
Sun 02/04/24 03:12 AM

Don't work for a rock star, and don't complain because you have a job.

That’s easy for a Rock Star since they don’t have to worry about an hourly job. They can go to bed as late as they want while we have to get up early.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 11:52 AM
Toodygirl5 he seems to quote both books so he’s read both. To me the Quran is what Muslims read and they believe Jesus is a prophet while the Holy Bible says he’s the Son of God and you’re write that only Jesus can judge.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 08:44 AM
Forgot another one Stevie Wonder.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 04:05 AM
Good choices:thumbsup: . I forgot to add Billy
Ocean.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 03:21 AM
Edited by JulieABush on Sat 02/03/24 03:27 AM
In keeping with Black History Month who are your favorite groups or singers?
Mine are: The Four Tops, The Temptations, Earth, Wind and Fire,Kool and the Gang and New Edition for groups.
For singers: James Brown, Marvin Gaye, Smoky Robinson, Aretha Franklin, Michael and Janet Jackson, Lionel Richie, and Whitney Houston and Tina Turner and Prince. Now I think I’m done.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 03:10 AM
Yeah, I’ve heard that about Bruce Springsteen as well. I see his mother passed away at 98. He had good music but pushed the show must go on to the extreme.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 03:05 AM
I ways taught that the Bible was the word of God and I know Revelation is the last book of it.

JulieABush's photo
Sat 02/03/24 03:01 AM

High school was terrible for me.

I’m sorry:worried:. Did you get bullied?

JulieABush's photo
Fri 02/02/24 12:30 PM
Unfortunately life isn’t fair and there’s no guarantees in it either and sad to say you just have to accept that death comes to all no matter what age you are. Sorry to be such a downer but all you can do is move on.

JulieABush's photo
Fri 02/02/24 12:21 PM

Many Older entertainers are great, I am not opposed to just any older entertainers. It does depend on their acts of entertaining and that is what I do not like about Madonna. Her actions of no modesty never impressed me, like many entertainers today but many are Younger and don't look ridiculous like her at her age.
My opinion.

That might be true but some people consider it their kind of entertainment and in this day and age pretty much anything goes. I guess to her she tours and does so because I guess she has nothing better to do and as long as she still has the fans that show up or still follow her she’ll continue to do what she does without a second thought on how she looks.

JulieABush's photo
Fri 02/02/24 12:13 PM
I forgot to add that I wasn’t expecting the award either.

JulieABush's photo
Fri 02/02/24 03:29 AM
Has anyone on here won an award while they were in High School? It can be any year or for anything. I did for student service for taking lunch tickets all 4 years but of course I didn’t get it until the end of my senior year.

JulieABush's photo
Thu 02/01/24 01:16 PM
This one comes from the February issue of Reader’s Digest in their “Laughter the best medicine” category:
Why is bread like the sun?
It rises in the yeast and sets in the waist.laugh .

JulieABush's photo
Thu 02/01/24 01:10 PM

Madonna I never liked her entertainment, and she needs to take retirement, so many younger entertainers for Years now.

I do remember hearing about her concerts on tv talking about Hollywood stars.

I have not been to many concerts, but most are a bit late starting, however, I did not get too upset.

Yeah, I really don’t like her much either. Well you got to remember that there are acts older then her that still tour but then again that’s how most of them make their money and they haven’t retired yet but that’s their decision. To me it’s all about popularity to her and that’s all she cares about. The reason I got upset for the late start is because it was standing room only with hardly any chairs and when I say standing I mean on a concrete floor. It was Stryper by the way which is one of my favorite groups and yes they still make albums but I won’t go see them again because of my last experience.

JulieABush's photo
Wed 01/31/24 03:23 AM
Has anyone else experienced a late start from another artist to their concert or performance? I have and even though I complained about it in an e-mail to their promoter they just brush it off with some dumb excuse. Apparently Madonna didn’t have one or offer an apology and the artist should. To them it’s nothing but to those who paid good money to see you it is cause they seem to forget to those who have jobs next morning to go to so please be considerate and start on time.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25