Community > Posts By > Myrrdin

Myrrdin's photo
Wed 02/11/09 05:08 PM

(Oh dear me! That was another blabby post wasn't it. laugh)

Yes, but I loved it. It's very fascinating to me to learn other peoples world and spiritual views. Though we all may differ in them, the beauty is that they are all correct for our own individual path in this life. smokin flowerforyou

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 11:58 PM
Edited by Myrrdin on Tue 02/10/09 11:59 PM

The two paths at their core are not compatible, however for everyone who moves from book religion to personal spirituality there is a transition period of "making" them compatible. Again, one of the many great feats of being able to shape the paths we've chosen.

I disagree. Religion serves only one purpose and that is to connect with God/dess. However you do that is your religion. And, if you are making that connection then who cares how you got there? There is no transition time. The whole thing is a constant and ever changing evolution.
Well said Ruth. It's kinda like how I used to fight with my old math teacher. As long as I got the correct answer why do you care how I got it? Why is your way better than mine if they are both still right in the end?

*nod nod* Another thing I love about Paganism is that you don't have to jump through hoops to say you are one- you are if you are.

Another great thing about the pagan community, is our ability to have differing points of view and be ok with that flowerforyou

I've found most believe all of the "individual" gods and goddesses to be simply facets of the God and Goddess. I however, believe each god and goddess to be separate spiritual beings, not quite as powerful as they would like us to believe they are, but enough to be great partners in the magick of life. This where most of my points of view on life and world view are based from.

Hi kalenkatastrophe flowerforyou smokin welcome drinker

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 11:50 PM
rogain spokesman smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:37 PM

nothing but a smile

lol I laugh because your right smokin pitchfork

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:36 PM
3.5 smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:34 PM
permafry

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 08:33 PM
a howdy doody tshirt

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:19 PM

Hello Myrrdin... Welcome. flowerforyou I sent you an email as well.

Thank you flowerforyou smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:15 PM

That's awesome! For awhile I tried to do the same but after awhile I realized that I just didn't feel anything from Catholasism and finally started making the rest of the switch over.

I understand that. I have had my ups and down with the two paths. I have tried following one and leaving the other out and it just doesn't work for me. I am both.

Isn't it wonderful to be able to follow whatever path you choose? I never could understand people who get their panties in a wad over someone else's spiritual path.

I did the same thing with Christianity (Protestant), eventually my path just evolved into the Celtic wytch path I follow today (with heavy influence of Druid spiritual practices)

The two paths at their core are not compatible, however for everyone who moves from book religion to personal spirituality there is a transition period of "making" them compatible. Again, one of the many great feats of being able to shape the paths we've chosen.

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 06:08 PM
Holly4459 <--- Scooby Doo Jammies flowerforyou smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Tue 02/10/09 05:56 PM
Modern Indian name: Many frequency catching ear

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 07:09 PM

the blanket he threw up on

...how'd you know! lolsmokin

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 07:06 PM

a good time to tell a girl...She needs to call before coming over..Rather than just showing up?

What you are talking about is a personal boundary, boundaries should always be laid out and held firm from the first date forward. Otherwise you run into "...you're not the same person I met a year ago!" lol smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 07:01 PM

If you can find a live teacher more power to you, but beware of con artists, cults, and lunatics.

Good advice. Of course be wary of anyone asking for tons of money. I have NEVER been solicited for funds by Pagans. The most they might request is a few dollars for an event they want to hold and then they divide it amongst everyone and donations are optional. Any thing beyond that I would be suspicious of.

Also you should never feel forced or pressured into anything. Pagans generally have a rule against proselytizing. There are several reasons for this but primarily it is because they want people to come to them. This is a very important aspect of this spirituality itself. It is a very "seek and ye shall find" phenomena.

completely agree with everything above, I would ad one more thing... (goes right along with a "cult") be EXTREMELY weary of anyone who states "this is the 'right' way". The more you study wytchcraft, shamanism, or any of the spiritualities that are umbrella'd under "pagan", the more you'll find there is no "right way" except that which is right for you smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 06:56 PM
smokin depends, is a gecko a lizard?

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 06:51 PM
last nights party favors smokin

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 06:49 PM
Edited by Myrrdin on Mon 02/09/09 06:49 PM
A half wrapped sheet ---> txmomof2

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 06:44 PM
Stoned Enlightenment

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 12:43 AM
lol true... however, still at least the wrath of asking permission doesn't have the added fuel of already having played in the sandbox devil

Myrrdin's photo
Mon 02/09/09 12:41 AM
drinker Happens to the best of us drinks

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25