Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/22/20 12:56 PM

I have mixed thoughts on the Trump presidency, but one thing is now crystal clear, he is ill equipped to deal with the ongoing crisis.
He is excellent at handling crises of his own creation involving human adversaries he knew how to confront. Nothing in his background in business, entertainment or multiple marriages prepared him for the coronavirus pandemic now threatening America’s health and wealth.
In hindsight, I suspect we will see a major shift in how the pandemic was handled after he created the task force and placed Pence as the leader. The difference in just the last week is amazing!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/22/20 10:50 AM
As one of the guys I worked with always said about people: "you can't fix stupid". This all shows just how right he was!!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/22/20 08:42 AM
Just saw a projection that in the state where I am, the governor said we would reach the peak in 6 - 8 weeks. Currently, we have 118 confirmed cases. It seems New York state and especially New York City have become the epicenter of the outbreak in the US. Sounds like it is getting really bad there.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/22/20 08:33 AM

trump is a nationalist at a time most politicians are globalists so they dont like him,also he's a Christian so atheists dont like him,that's it pretty much and he's not a professional politician so he doesn't sugar coat everything to the point you wonder what he means.

I don't believe it is that simple. Nationalist? No evidence of it in his lifetime, five deferments and no civil or public service. Globalist? A more accurate description since his wealth is from all over the Globe. Christian? I am a Christian, and he does NOT carry himself in a way that is particularly or specifically "Christian". Not being a politician is not a plus. He has admitted openly that he makes stuff up and just says stuff, and I have heard him speak, so wondering what he means still applies to him too.

I think people who like Trump like him because whatever he espouses mirrors their own values and priorities, just like when people choose any other politicians. I also think that the rate of inclusion of other groups into a mainstream that was more exclusive in previous years makes people feel threatened about their status in this country, and he makes them feel assured that he is gonna protect their status above others instead of being open to the inclusiveness that has been happening.

"I think people who like Trump like him because whatever he espouses mirrors their own values and priorities,". To some extent this is true. There are major differences in management between business leaders and bureaucratic leaders. In business when a decision is made, the staff will implement that decision or risk their job; in government, not so much. Bureaucrats are more intent on protecting their turf than in business and can get away with it more. In business, empathy is not a strong requirement other than for some of your employees; not so much for the customers. From government, many of the public want tea & sympathy for their situation in life.

I will agree that Trump is not the best suited to manage the complexities of government because he is not adept at dealing with or realizing the mismanagement and indifference of the bureaucracy. A perfect example was the debacle of the CDC and their corona virus testing. They were not able to create a test quickly and in the needed quantities. At the same time they established rules so other competent public and private labs could not create their own version of the tests and use them. People blame Trump and the administration for that when in reality the administration did not know of the impending failures until after they had happened and governors started blaming them. When they finally realized the consequences, they started cutting through the bureaucratic red tape to get the job done. Personally, I suspect their are several people at the CDC and possibly the HHS that should be instantly fired!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 03/21/20 08:22 PM
The human density is a big part of the problem. That is why the emphasis on keeping a 6' spacing in that the virus generally can't travel that far in a person's saliva or mucous which is the primary transmission method. Additionally there is the issue of the virus being alive on inanimate objects for a period of time such as tables, stair railings, and door handles. All that needs to happen is for you to touch a virus laden surface and then touch your face in the areas of your mouth, nose, or eyes. The community transmission is a much bigger problem where lots of people live in close contact with each other. There are some cases in the rural areas of the country but not many. When you have 2 or 3 cases in 20 square miles, the virus transmission is not very probable!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 03/19/20 08:50 AM
While I do not like the social distancing, I've come to the conclusion it is necessary for the short term. Add to that the hand washing and disinfecting to help protect ourselves. This is starting to feel like the biggest threat to my well being ever and I have gone through full cardiac arrest and open heart surgery before.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 03/18/20 03:06 PM
I enjoy being home alone for a couple days but then I'm ready for some social life. Lack of a social life s**ks!!!!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 03/17/20 08:39 AM
I sure hope it doesn't last too long! I'm already tired of being cooped up! I sure would like to have a summer meet & greet picnic someplace maybe in June!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/15/20 01:49 PM
Edited by oldkid46 on Sun 03/15/20 02:04 PM
People are Fkng crazy!! News story yesterday about some guy who bought up 17,000+ hand sanitizers and was selling them online for high prices until he got kicked off the selling platforms. He deserves much worse than being stuck with all that stock he can't sell!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tennessee-ag-cracks-down-on-men-who-hoarded-thousands-of-sanitizer-bottles-amid-shopper-scare/ar-BB11dK4q?li=BBnbcA1

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/15/20 07:43 AM
Several parts to this:
I too dislike condoms and only consider one if it is a casual, one night. Otherwise I need to know you and your background well enough to trust you.

We will have a serious discussion well before getting into the bedroom or similar situation together. This is both to make sure sex is something we are comfortable with together and to talk about recent sexual activities and if testing is appropriate.

Personally, I get tested if I have had penetration with someone and I have any doubt about their health status. Sometimes that is a special trip to a clinic but most often done as part of my annual physical. They already have my blood sample, why not have the STD test done at the same time if you have had any exposure.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 03/15/20 05:41 AM
And this is why I no longer waste my time in writing messages to "ladies" on this and most other sites. I have much better and enjoyable things to do with my time!!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 03/12/20 04:48 PM

I think assets obtained during the marriage should be split 50/50 when getting a divorce. I just wouldn't want to split a home that I've already paid for with someone just because we married.

So we get married and I earn most of the income and then we buy a house. You think you should own half of it if we get divorced? When did you pay for your half? Would you also expect half of my retirement I earned during the marriage?

THIS IS WHY SOME OF US ARE SCARED TO DEATH OF MARRIAGE!!!!!

Then don't marry. Problem solved.
Leave commitment and happiness to other people.
I don't plan on it, not even willing to share a home for the long term! You can leave some clothes in the closet, your toothbrush in the bathroom, and your shower stuff in the shower, just remember to go home to your own place frequently.

oldkid46's photo
Wed 03/11/20 05:45 PM

Topic: do you believe in long distance relationship?

Yes, I do. You need to trust each other. But you cannot really know each other on the internet. So try to meet face to face as soon as you can.. see if you like their smell.. I myself love a fresh-out-of-the-shower look and smell. So please take a shower before you meet me.

As Marvin Gaye's song says...

'Cause baby there ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you babe

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
:thumbsup: drool

oldkid46's photo
Wed 03/11/20 06:31 AM
After last night at the primaries, it looks like the choice will be 4 more years of Trump or an attempt to resurrect the Obama years. Maybe Mrs Obama can be his VP candidate so they can all have a family reunion!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 03/10/20 09:56 AM
Wide variety of areas depending on what you are looking for. Being out in the boat fishing - northern Minnesota. Community events and more artistic outlets - southern Minnesota. Major sporting events and concerts - Twin Cities. Best to be open minded and give them all a try over the summer!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 03/10/20 07:11 AM
To me, this Covid-19 fear seems blown out of proportion to the risk. Probably feel that way as I live where there is not a high human density. It seems that it is much more an urban issue. Eventually there may be a few cases within a couple hundred miles of me so not much risk! Basically remember to wash or sanitize your hands same as you would do for prevention of colds or flu. The covid-19 seems to be really damaging the world economy and will cause many financial problems for people.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 03/09/20 07:51 PM
He/She that speaks the truth about government but does not jeopardize the safety of members of the government are honorable citizens. They should be honored not prosecuted!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 03/07/20 06:23 AM
Remind me to buy you a beer the next time I'm in your neighborhood!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 03/07/20 06:07 AM
But, but, but that isn't how the game is played!!! Got to waste all your time and money on the BS. Got to play the "hard to get" and the endless chase scene.

I'll take the Buffalo cheese burger with bacon, please!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 03/07/20 06:00 AM

LOL. Racism is not so much about perspective. It is what it is. If it is a choice or prejudgement of ANY individual which is based only in their race, it is racist. The issue is that it is all placed in a negative box as if it is all the same, when there are different degrees and contexts, all based in prejudgment, but not all with an intention or thought that anyone is better or worse than anyone else, just different from.

I confuse people when I admit to being 'sexist', with that same definition. I do, in fact, thing males and females are and should be different from each other. I do not believe those differences mean that either one is better or worse than the other. I am very much embracing of 'gender roles." because I think males and females are best when the complement each other, instead of duplicating or competing with each other.

I'll at least agree with you on racism. When I used the term of someone's perspective, it was in regard to the judgement that what someone else did or said was racist and therefore he/she was racist. You have it right when you refer to the prejudgement of someone based on their race. It is that prejudgement that is discriminatory and applies not only to race but also to religion, nationality, and most any other commonality that describes a demographic group.

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25