Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Mon 09/09/19 09:44 AM
No Derek, you are the norm. Most older, married guys have the same problem of being alone and limited or no sexual life. Many married, older women have a very hard time understanding the needs of their husband!!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 09/08/19 05:25 PM

welcome back to Football
Vikings win.
yep, decisively but the Twins lost!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 09/08/19 09:40 AM
While attempting to discuss intimate details early in get acquainted messages is inappropriate, an attempt to understand a potential partner's attitude toward their sexuality as well as many other things is appropriate. They becomes especially critical when that initial meet is much more involved than a 10 minute drive and a couple bucks.

Also any reasonably close initial meet needs to be in the first couple weeks. If you can't even commit to a coffee or happy hour beer in those couple weeks, you just are not interested in ever meeting and a waste of my time!!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 09/05/19 09:05 AM

Since we are not born racist (or sexist), we have to realize that it's a LEARNED ideology. And it has to be UNLEARNED.

Yes, it is a learned behavior but not strictly from our parents but also our environment especially during our growing up years. When we observe or have negative experiences predominately from one demographic group, we associate that behavior with that demographic group. Makes no difference if that demographic group is based on race, gender, social status, nationality, religion, or education. We conclude those people and any others that fit in that demographic group are bad people we don't want to associate with. That will not change unless we encounter a significant number of people in that demographic group that we conclude are not bad people and do not have that specific undesirable behavior.

oldkid46's photo
Tue 09/03/19 09:50 AM

...of being lied to and missing their turn?

missing their turn at what??

OT: I think one fear women may have is ending up alone. That is a fear a lot of men have also.

Nothing to fear, that is the standard condition when you get old. We are all too set in our ways to be compatible with most of the other people in our world!! We keep looking but not finding someone we could actually be interested in and them in us. Just the condition of life!!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/31/19 10:08 AM
Most are not real, someone on a computer looking for victims to scam using stolen pictures.

oldkid46's photo
Fri 08/30/19 09:48 AM
I had the mistaken idea it was a dating site where people actually made dates!! I guess I still haven't learned there is no such thing as a date anymore!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 08/29/19 10:50 AM
Some of the problem in the US is the distances involved. I spend much more time with friends than family because friends are closer by in most cases. I try to see my daughter and family every couple weeks but it is 1 1/2 hour drive each way.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 08/26/19 04:45 PM
While we all aren't the same in some ways, we all are not different either. There are common characteristics of each and there is statistical evidence to back that up. When we talk about those characteristics, the term "all" is not appropriate but the terms "many" and "most" may be.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 08/25/19 10:42 AM
I'm not really surprised by what we import into the US. In my opinion, this raises 2 concerns. We need to have products that we export to offset the amount of imports so that the trade balance is nearer to even. We also need to be concerned when those imports destroy certain industries such that we become reliant on foreign countries for that industry. There is a big difference between opening a factory to produce dishwashers vs an industry to produce steel or copper wire. Given the availability of the raw materials, building new dishwashers becomes relatively easy; trying to do that without steel or copper wire is impossible.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 12:57 PM

Something to look at with this, is the sequence of events.

The US started outsourcing industry overseas, after China was opened up as a blank-check trading "partner' back in the 1970's, and trade and tax regulations were "adjusted" to make it vastly more profitable to make things overseas and import finished products, than keep industry at home.

Despite claims by some that high wages for some workers, driven up by unions, were the primary cause of everything, the reality is very different.

Wages were driven down AFTER the Reagan era "supply side" tax cuts were handed out to businesses and the investor classes with no corresponding spending cuts.

Despite huge reductions in wages and benefits, industries still raced to send manufacturing jobs elsewhere, again because various regulations caused that behavior to be more profitable.

The reason why Trump has been surprised by businesses CONTINUING to do this, despite even more vast cuts to taxes on the investor classes, is because HE refuses to recognize the facts about this game as well.

You will need to explain this more. I do not see how reducing taxes on business or even on individuals would make it cheaper to produce some products in a foreign country. Other regulations such as labor and environmental that push up the cost to produce here would make it cheaper to import the finished product than produce it here.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 12:43 PM
Just looked at a profile with these characteristics:
1. looking for activity partner
2. enjoys special adventures
3. no answer to marriage status.
4. no picture

What would be your take on this person?

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 12:36 PM
A closely related issue is the restrictions some countries have on our access to their markets. I can understand them trying to protect some of their own business interests but they need to realize we also need a level playing field in trade. I have to believe the best situation is when the most efficient producers are the producer of choice to the global economy.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 12:13 PM

There was this guy last year.

He lived in an adjoining city...and, as there wasn't much *here* to do/ decent restaurants...I decided to go there...

However, *his* genius idea was (instead of *anything* else he could have suggested) that I park my car (since *I* had driven *there), and get in his car....and we go for a ride in the country up to Dale Hollow lake (almost an hour away)....and walk around..

Four thimngs:

1. It was late February, and...while not freezing cold..not exactly conducive to walking around outdoors..it was damp and chilly.

2. I have been to that lake and surrounding areas MANY times...
Sparsely inhabited....most roads there are long and winding....not exactly the place I'd want to be with a total stranger.

3. Having been there many times, I knew *I* had no cell service there, so, in the event of a bad situtation..I'd have no way to call for help...

4. I told him that didn't seem like a good idea, i wasn't all that comfortable with that sugggestion....how about something else?
(numerous other things we could do there, BTW)

He proceeded to lambast me about having trust issues/ being paranoid, etc....
Thereby proving that he was up to no good..
A decent guy wouldn't haven't suggested that in the first place (unless he was totally clueless about a woman's concern for safety), or would have said "yeah, you're probably right..." and agreed on some other activity..
NOT gotten angry and judgey.

----> I pointed out that it wasn't a good idea for him, either..being in a remote place with someone he didn't know...I could have some guy follow me, and follow us oit there, and beat and rob him...
But, he didn't hear/ acknowledge that...*I* was the one with the problem..

Whatever, darlin'....

Now, maybe he had only honorable intentions, maybe he would have been completely safe, maybe I offended him....but, as a woman...no nearby people, and no cell service, I do not think *I* was in the wrong to decline that activity.

And that GUYS need to be careful as well....a proposed meet up with a woman *could* be a set up...just be cautious and use common sense.

I too would decline such an invite!! It is like being invited to a strangers home for the initial visit - not going to happen. There are too many relatively safe places and ways to meet for the first few times until we get to know each other than some high risk situation. Just stupid and asking for trouble!!!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 11:24 AM
WOW!! We import 466 Billion! That helps explain why the administration is so concerned about our trade imbalance. It also helps explain why some segments of our economy have shriveled up and basic jobs have disappeared. We have outsourced those jobs to other countries and now import those products back into the US.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 10:58 AM
Edited by oldkid46 on Sat 08/24/19 11:02 AM

Bad thigs can happen to GUYS also, if they don't screen carefully/ do due dilligence...and yet they seem oblivious to that fact.

I'll be da**ed if I am going to be pressued into meeting someone even at a public place before I feel comfortable.

Don't like that/ agree?
Fine, die mad about it, I don't care....laugh
My safety is more importsant to me than the opinion of some pushy guy.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/man-made-victim-of-attempted-robbery-at-stone-ridge-apartments-while-meeting-woman-he-first-met-online

Bad link, took me to a home improvement ad. Try this one: https://www.newschannel5.com/news/man-made-victim-of-attempted-robbery-at-stone-ridge-apartments-while-meeting-woman-he-first-met-online

oldkid46's photo
Sat 08/24/19 10:56 AM
There are things we all should do to help keep us safe. Unfortunately, in this day and age anything really bad that happens to someone in a dating situation makes the headline news. What we fail to consider is what is the chance of that happening to us? Everything in life has a risk. When we refuse to take a risk we also refuse the possible gain from that risk. Everyone needs to make their own call on that just weigh the risk and the possible gain when you do. Life will never be totally safe, an F16 might crash where you are at the moment!!

oldkid46's photo
Fri 08/23/19 07:14 PM

Why do ladies don't like to chat first, they prefer men to talk to them first.

When it comes to dating and all that goes along with it, many are still stuck in the past with antiquated notions.
That is, it's the man's job to make the first move, it's the man's job to plan the date, it's the man's job to pay for everything, etc.
I have seen similar discussions numerous times on various online dating site forums.
With the same opinions over and over.

I'm a man and glad to be, all the things you just mentioned are things that I
do automatically. I believe that chivalry is not dead and practice it unless she tells me to do otherwise. Very few women ever tell me that! What they do say is they really miss being treated that way or no one has ever treated them like this, they've only heard about it. There's nothing wrong with being "old fashioned" if you want to call it that.

And cat we or speaking for myself, yes we do want to do the pursuit. I think thsat's a primasl thing also.
These behaviors and women's equality are not compatible!! With equality comes responsibility and an expectation they will take their turn to do all the things you mention. It is not solely a man's responsibility today.

oldkid46's photo
Fri 08/23/19 06:54 PM
Assuming 2 people had a mutually enjoyable intimate encounter, which follow up makes the most sense?
Dump them and start over trying to find a new intimate encounter partner
OR
try an become friends so you can have more intimate encounters with that person in the future.

oldkid46's photo
Fri 08/23/19 08:42 AM

Has a serious philanderer with a very shallow interest in women other than to **** them on a no strings attached basis I'm constantly astonsihed how stupidly guulable women are, particularly those women will failed marriages who have some misguided hope that will find love with a complete stranger on a free dating site. Free dating sites see are simply an opportunity for men to shag desperate women seeking adoration. I've unashamendly met and dated women and had sex with the conveyor belt of stupid women from sites like this.... The sad truth is men will want to **** without the baggage and there's plenty of opportunity .

Yeah BUT you don't need to be a lying disrespectful little s*it to date and have sex with multiple women!
It's guys like you that make women think that ALL men can't be trusted like you, you're an embarrassment to our gender!
You'll learn about KARMA someday boy.

pitchfork Grrrrrrrr devil
Unfortunately, many decent, honest men come in last in line. The lesson learned from that is not a positive message. All you have to do is read the forums and you receive that message!!