Community > Posts By > oldkid46

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/16/19 07:43 PM

1000 times yes. OBama had to stop us from sinking into a depression. Bush had to contend with 9/11. This president has a cakewalk, and he is even screwing that up with his brand of fictional narratives, divisive rhetoric, and running the office as if the US is his personal business for his and his buddies personal profits.
spoken like a true brainwashed liberal democrat

what part was brainwashing? that we were headed to a depression?

from Investopedia

In economics, a depression is commonly defined as an extreme recession that lasts three or more years or leads to a decline in real gross domestic product (GDP) of at least 10 percent.

A recession is a normal part of the business cycle that generally occurs when GDP contracts for at least two quarters.

GDP growth 2004 was 3.8
for 2005, it was 3.5
in 2006, it was 2.9
in 2007, it was 1.9
in 2008, it was NEGATIVE 0.1
in 2009, it NEGATIVE 2.5

https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543,

FIVE YEARS OF CONTRACTING GDP LEADING TO A DECLINE IN GDP OF 6.3 percent,

...like I said, heading for depression
ANd of course, 9/11 happened in 2001, eight months into Bush presidency

so again I ask, what part is 'brainwashing'? Because all I posted was verifiable and re-searchable fact.

Part of the effort to prevent a depression was the result of the work the Federal Reserve did. Part of the effort was part of the Obama administration in that Obama had some very good people and he let them do their job. I doubt if the legislation Obama and the democrats pushed through helped much - it was more of an excuse to send taxpayer funds to selected groups of people.

Actually the financial crisis started around 2006 with a combination of government policy and greed and was based in the housing market. This resulted in too many over extended homeowners that were not able to weather the economic downturn of 2006 and 2007. Without the high demand, the value of housing fell and banks got stuck with foreclosed properties worth less than the mortgage. Then there were the investment vehicles that were based on the underlying mortgages that lost value. Many of those losses were covered by insurance until the insurance companies failed, then the financial system collapsed!

Thank you for the additional input. Obama was facing a prolonged recession, almost a depression. And Bush was facing 9/11. My point was that, comparably, Trump had little to deal with or do or overcome, and IMHO, he managed to mess up still by the appearance of using the office as his personal pocketbook.
You know I won't agree with your analysis of Trump but I will agree that he did not have an ongoing crisis to deal with. He has significantly improved the economy, attempted to cut government expenditures, and significantly reduced regulations that affect business. He has also attacked and is changing much of our international trade relationships.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/16/19 09:05 AM

Probably the largest erosion of rights has been to property rights, freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms. Also any time government gives special status to some group over others, that reduces the other group's rights.

Can you give examples of any of those things changing and who is given special status?
Property rights are usually eroded through zoning regulations; also some through excessive taxation. Freedom of speech by protesters that have the goal of preventing speech they do not like or agree with. Right to bear arms by laws that limit the ability of law abiding individuals to purchase or possess firearms.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/16/19 08:56 AM

1000 times yes. OBama had to stop us from sinking into a depression. Bush had to contend with 9/11. This president has a cakewalk, and he is even screwing that up with his brand of fictional narratives, divisive rhetoric, and running the office as if the US is his personal business for his and his buddies personal profits.
spoken like a true brainwashed liberal democrat

what part was brainwashing? that we were headed to a depression?

from Investopedia

In economics, a depression is commonly defined as an extreme recession that lasts three or more years or leads to a decline in real gross domestic product (GDP) of at least 10 percent.

A recession is a normal part of the business cycle that generally occurs when GDP contracts for at least two quarters.

GDP growth 2004 was 3.8
for 2005, it was 3.5
in 2006, it was 2.9
in 2007, it was 1.9
in 2008, it was NEGATIVE 0.1
in 2009, it NEGATIVE 2.5

https://www.thebalance.com/us-gdp-by-year-3305543,

FIVE YEARS OF CONTRACTING GDP LEADING TO A DECLINE IN GDP OF 6.3 percent,

...like I said, heading for depression
ANd of course, 9/11 happened in 2001, eight months into Bush presidency

so again I ask, what part is 'brainwashing'? Because all I posted was verifiable and re-searchable fact.

Part of the effort to prevent a depression was the result of the work the Federal Reserve did. Part of the effort was part of the Obama administration in that Obama had some very good people and he let them do their job. I doubt if the legislation Obama and the democrats pushed through helped much - it was more of an excuse to send taxpayer funds to selected groups of people.

Actually the financial crisis started around 2006 with a combination of government policy and greed and was based in the housing market. This resulted in too many over extended homeowners that were not able to weather the economic downturn of 2006 and 2007. Without the high demand, the value of housing fell and banks got stuck with foreclosed properties worth less than the mortgage. Then there were the investment vehicles that were based on the underlying mortgages that lost value. Many of those losses were covered by insurance until the insurance companies failed, then the financial system collapsed!

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/16/19 08:17 AM
Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder

Grandiose sense of self-importance. ...
Lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur. ...
Needs constant praise and admiration. ...
Sense of entitlement. ...
Exploits others without guilt or shame. ...
Frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies, or belittles others.

When you meet new people, be sure to discern the difference between someone with a narcissistic personality from someone who has a high level of competency and self confidence. In some ways, they will appear to be one and the same when they are actually very different.

oldkid46's photo
Mon 12/16/19 08:09 AM

For a person to be easily manipulated they must have a poor self image and a lack of self confidence. This generally goes back to their childhood and teenage years. By the time you become an adult and are ready to enter in a relationship you should have established who you are and what your value or worth is. It is not the fault of the person you got into a poor relationship with but your failure to be the strong, confident person to deal with them. Now as an adult, you need to learn about who you are that you should have learned as a teenager.

By time I was a teenager, I had learned that my opinion didn't matter, that nothing I did would ever be good enough, that the world would be better off without me, that I better keep my mouth shut if I didn't want to be beaten, and that no man would ever want me for anything other than sex. These are things I learned from my father.

This was exactly what I said!!!!! These are not the attitudes a healthy person should ever have!!!!!! You should have been having experiences in life that developed just the opposite belief about yourself. And yes, your father taught you wrong.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 12/15/19 07:48 PM
Probably the largest erosion of rights has been to property rights, freedom of speech, and the right to bear arms. Also any time government gives special status to some group over others, that reduces the other group's rights.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 12/15/19 07:28 PM
For a person to be easily manipulated they must have a poor self image and a lack of self confidence. This generally goes back to their childhood and teenage years. By the time you become an adult and are ready to enter in a relationship you should have established who you are and what your value or worth is. It is not the fault of the person you got into a poor relationship with but your failure to be the strong, confident person to deal with them. Now as an adult, you need to learn about who you are that you should have learned as a teenager.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 12/15/19 11:06 AM
Our rights are always being eroded by the politicians who respond to small majorities of the electorate. If it were not for the judicial system, those of us who are in the minority would have few rights left. Today one way to protect our rights is to be willing to challenge the laws that politicians pass. Another is to elect new lawmakers willing to make changes to the existing laws. What this does is really upset those who originally placed the laws or regulations in force. I believe this is part of the cause of the political polarization we see.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 12/14/19 10:56 AM
After the reelection of Trump for his 2nd term, there will be no reason to examine the Bidens. If he loses, then there might be a desire on his part depending on who beat him. At the moment, I don't see a democrat candidate worth the effort to vote for and it is very late for someone new to throw their hat into the ring! Democrats should start looking for a new Presidential candidate for 2024!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 12/14/19 07:33 AM
Getting very tired of the snow every day or 2. Seems like just enough to make life difficult! My blue car is mostly white now with the salt.

oldkid46's photo
Sat 12/14/19 07:29 AM
We currently do not hold people responsible for their actions when it comes to guns. If you threaten someone with a gun, we should assume you are willing to use that gun to kill someone. When a convicted felon is found with a gun, we should assume they intend to commit a crime with that gun and are willing to kill someone with it. As for the "nut jobs", we need to identify people with a violent past even if it is mental health related and make sure they do not have access to firearms. If they are caught in possession of one, they should be prosecuted for illegal possession of a firearm. Sane, law abiding citizens are not the problem but most of the new gun laws are directed at them.

oldkid46's photo
Fri 12/13/19 05:55 PM
At this point in my life, you play hard to get, I lose all interest. Not worth wasting my time on. Women and their subtle hints = failed communications!!

oldkid46's photo
Thu 12/12/19 09:04 AM
What? I guess we are supposed to ignore them and assume they do not exist unless they tell us otherwise!

oldkid46's photo
Tue 12/10/19 05:49 PM
Watch out for the fakes! Very few would just delete their profile. Most probably a number of people turned him in for something and Mingle2 deleted his profile.

oldkid46's photo
Sun 12/08/19 09:08 PM
Very much looking forward to leaving after the new year for a couple months. Minnesota winters are just too hard on this old body!!!

oldkid46's photo
Sun 12/08/19 09:02 AM
relationship = undefined connection between 2 or more people subject to the whims of each!! Very much a subjective term!!

oldkid46's photo
Sat 12/07/19 06:56 AM
How many men can share and support a sugar baby?

oldkid46's photo
Fri 12/06/19 01:28 PM

Is he an unstable, gender confused?
Does he wan to be the giver or receiver?
I have admit to wearing a pair of womens thongs. After the wife found them in the glove box.
Not a good place to keep your panties!

oldkid46's photo
Fri 12/06/19 09:14 AM

I think most people will support stronger penalties for the illegal use or possession of a firearm. I think they would also support some level of required knowledge and emotional stability to purchase. What they will not support is the government or some other organization knowing who has a firearm and what that firearm is.

How else do we track if someone is supposed to have that weapon?
You put everyone through the same test of allowed to own/purchase. Those that are approved get it noted on their government issued ID. With that approved ID, they are allowed to purchase and possess. Even those who ow have no interest in owning or purchasing a weapon still go through the background test. The goal is to make sure someone purchasing or owning a weapon is a safe, law-abiding individual not how many and type of firearm they may own!!

and if a law abiding owner uses their weapon in a crime, or steals another law biding owner's weapon, how do we assign who legally owed THAT weapon?
Doesn't matter who owned the weapon. If I stole your money or tv, how do you prove it was yours? If a crime was committed. we resole the crime and prosecute the perpetrator; the owner of the gun is irrelevant only that a gun was used in the crime. Also, obviously our judgement as to someone being law abiding was flawed and they should not have been allowed to purchase.

oldkid46's photo
Fri 12/06/19 08:51 AM
One of the things I learned being a parent to a teenage daughter was that some things they did, you just accepted. As long as the behavior or style had no long term risks or dangers, it wasn't worth making a judgement. Same thing goes to clothing styles especially in private. Has no impact on me so why should I have any concerns? Same attitude if it was somebody close to me in life today. A male buddy who wants to wear a short skirt, go for it. I might give him a little **** in a friendly manner as I would for many other things but never in a demeaning way!! Worry about the real problems in life for there are many!!