Community > Posts By > jessed

jessed's photo
Tue 09/09/08 08:49 PM

now I know what you all hate Palin, she just wants to BAN the books, and you Communist and muslims just want to Burn them....

I don't hate Palin.
I guess you think her wanting to ban books is OK.
I'm not a Communist.
I'm not a Muslim.
I don't burn books.

Fine, you don't hate palin, and you are not a commie or a muslim, and has never burned a Book...

But you all act like she is going to make it illegal to read the books, that is not banning. You want to see Banning, watch Farenheit 451..
She is just taking them out of a publically Funded Organization call the Library...

"All of us can think of a book... that we hope none of our children or any other children have taken off the shelf. But if I have the right to remove that book from the shelf - that work I abhor - then you also have exactly the same right and so does everyone else. And then we have no books left on the shelf for any of us" by Katherine Paterson

jessed's photo
Tue 09/09/08 06:41 PM

People who refuse to see past thier own ideas. Close mined people really get to me.grumble

I agree, but I guilty of this a time or two.slaphead

jessed's photo
Tue 09/09/08 02:04 PM

yup.

a paltry sum for the savings made by selling that luxury jet for the governor.:wink: laugh

yup, tell that to the citizens of Alaska that get $1200 more a year from the state treasury for the oil revenues gleaned.laugh

and when the natural gas pipeline is finished, more money will flow to the people of that state.

That does not happen in California, and we have more oil here.:wink: laugh

Want to move to Alaska and get in on the givebacks?

Or do you want to see what she can do for the WHOLE COUNTRY??????????????????

The choice is yours.

nobama 2008

Tell me, when are they even going to start building the natural gas pipeline? The government hasn't even approved the building of this pipeline yet.

jessed's photo
Tue 09/09/08 01:27 PM

The Books are not Being "BANNED", you are still allowed to buy them and read them. They just don't want to fund them in the Library because they could be some controversy.

It's censorship. Period. And you and I get to make a judgement based on that. You may think it's ok. I say it's very scary.

You know, I hear Liberals wanting to "FIX TALK RADIO", that is a form of Censorship. They don't like what they hear on there and they think it needs to be fixed. Liberals Hate Rush and Sean Hannity and they would love for them to be off the Air. But it is funny how they don't want to fix CNN, a channel that should be called ONN, Aka Obama News Network.

There are tons of censorship out there, just the way you look at it...

What the Liberals(as you call them)want is not Censorship. Its to provide a counterpoint to what Rush and Sean and other Conservative hosts say.

The is taken from Wikipedia:

Fairness Doctrine:
The Fairness Doctrine was introduced in the U.S. in 1949. The doctrine remained a matter of general policy, and was applied on a case-by-case basis until 1967, when certain provisions of the doctrine were incorporated into FCC regulations.[3] It did not require equal time for opposing views, but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented. The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows or editorials.(editbyjessed).

Thats not Censorship. It just gives more then just one view on a subject(s).

Who is Jessed and did her/his talking cat give them this information?
Wtheck is wrong with you people..*blank stare*

So tell me who is jessed, and exactly who's view is this?? Is it relevant? If it has no factual base it leaves you worse off than when you started now doesn't it?

I really am blown away by this. Why is it so hard to swallow something as simple as elementary logic.
A typical 5 year old could understand this.

what scared

This information is very simple to find. Any 5 year could look it up. This all comes from the government web site. Federal Communication Commission.

It is relevant. Conservative say that its censorship to reinstate the The Fairness Doctrine. It would proves for another view then what you get from Rush or Hannity. So yes it relevant.

Cat is a he. :smile:

jessed's photo
Mon 09/08/08 08:49 PM
I agree with funches.

jessed's photo
Mon 09/08/08 04:54 PM
Another letter from someone who lives in AK

To my fellow Americans:

I’m an Alaskan. I grew up in Wasilla. Sarah Palin was my mayor. She wanted to ban books at the library where my parents taught me how to read. There have been many interesting pieces of journalism introducing my gun toting, mooseburger-eating former neighbors (I now live in Manhattan) to the rest of the country, and most have focused on how proud Alaskans are of their governor making the surprise leap to the big leagues.

Sarah Palin’s story is compelling, but it is one that could happen only in Alaska, where the politics and the economy are simple and where it’s not difficult to spend a lifetime sheltered from the complexities and diversity of the outside world. I love my home state; I wouldn’t trade my childhood there with anyone. And I hope the Palin intrigue will translate into a boost in tourism that will further enrich the state’s $5 billion budget surplus, so that when Gov. Palin returns to Juneau in November she can continue to serve Alaska’s interests with relative ease.

But as reporters roam the streets where I grew up, chatting with my ecstatic neighbors, I feel compelled to offer another view, as an American, by pointing out that John McCain has demonstrated an alarming lapse of judgment by choosing Sarah Palin as his party’s VP candidate. Choosing a running mate was his first and only concrete test of judgment in the campaign process. Here’s why he failed.

My fellow Alaskans have vouched for Palin as a charming, interesting person. I can add to that that she is perfectly friendly. But now she is running for the highest office and so it must be noted that Sarah Palin the Friendly Neighbor is different from Sarah Palin the Executive. The latter is a woman with intense agendas guided by a narrow set of culturally conservative and extreme religious values. She believes that abstinence should be the only form of sex education taught to teenagers; she believes that creationism should be taught alongside science in our schools; she is against a woman’s right to choose even in the cases of incest and rape; and her church believes gay and lesbian Americans can and, one assumes, should be corrected by prayer (“pray away the gay” is their cheery slogan).

When she was mayor of my hometown, these extreme views came off as petty and irrelevant to people like me who did not share them. There seemed little cause for alarm. Most Alaskans are happy to live and let live; we don’t think of ourselves as Republican or Democrat. Besides, as mayor, it’s not like she had the power to wiretap our phones, amend our constitution, or send us to war.

But she did try to use her power to ban books. Wasilla’s popular public librarian rightly objected, and the community rightly backed the librarian. The books were never banned, though Mrs. Palin did fire the librarian for not agreeing with her political views, then rescinded the firing after it was clear she’d made an unpopular decision. Sarah Palin’s behavior is revealing: in a state as isolated as Alaska, in a town as small as Wasilla, books are vital to the culture and to the education of its residents. The small town values I learned growing up included attending story hour at the public library. Those values most certainly did not include trying to ban books that the mayor’s church friends didn’t think other people should read.

It will be interesting to see what effect Gov. Palin’s penchant for reform will have on the McCain campaign. Will she put one of Cindy McCain’s private jets on eBay? Maybe one of the McCain’s seven houses? It certainly hasn’t meant she’ll answer any questions from voters or the press. Her very first media interview won’t come until later this week. The reason is clear: she’s not ready to answer questions about the housing crisis, foreign policy or healthcare. So far she’s been allowed into public view only to deliver a speech similar to the one she gave at her party’s convention, the one in which, with the sass and smile of a punch line, she ridiculed community organizers who step up to help less fortunate communities whose government has allowed them to fall through the cracks. Her speech made for good television, something the McCain camp felt they desperately needed. And it sure fired up the folks at the Republican National Convention. Who can blame them? They finally have a candidate who can shoot a gun, drink a beer AND speak in complete English sentences. This is real change for them.

In recent days, Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin have directed accusations of elitism at the Democratic ticket as well as at the media, suggesting that there is something undesirable about a presidential candidate with extensive knowledge of foreign policy, inner city community struggles, constitutional law, and the complexities of the major domestic crises. This is baffling. Don’t we want an elite leader? Don’t we want a White House made transparent by an elite press? We are a large and complex nation with large and complex problems. Common sense suggests, and the last eight years have shown, that perhaps the president should be something of an elite leader.

Barack Obama studied international relations at Columbia (he also has a law degree and has taught constitutional law) before returning to Chicago to be a community organizer. Meanwhile, Mrs. Palin ran for Miss Alaska (she placed second) and then received a Bachelor’s degree in communications-journalism from the University of Idaho. She returned to Alaska and became a reporter at a television station’s sports desk.

For just 22 months Sarah Palin has been the governor of a state of just 680,000 people that is “awash” in money (as former Alaska governor Tony Knowles put it) and receives more pork-barrel money per capita than any other state. Alaska has no tricky border or immigration issues with the remote parts of British Columbia and the coast of Siberia. There are no inner cities struggling with poverty and daily violence. There is a lot of drunk driving (Alaska is dark and cold much of the year), though the state police force is well funded and the road system they patrol is startlingly simple; I can’t think of a stretch of highway lasting 15 miles that has more than 4 lanes.

To use a metaphor from track (a sport the Palins are fond of), putting Gov. Palin on a presidential ticket is like Coach McCain sending a promising high school long-jumper to compete for Team USA in the Olympic decathlon. It’s a really bad coaching decision. And by all accounts McCain’s vetting process was hasty and impulsive.

John McCain’s choice of Sarah Palin shows that he is moving farther and farther to the right of mainstream America. If he’s doing it for political reasons, he’s no maverick. If he’s doing this for reasons of principle, he is merely out of touch with most Americans. Ninety percent of the delegates to the Republican National Convention were white. That might resemble the America that the Republican party sees, and it certainly resembles the demographics that shaped Gov. Palin over the many years she’s lived in Alaska. But it’s not the America most Americans live in. Not only is Sarah Palin’s executive experience inadequate, her worldview is not possibly diverse or nuanced enough to appreciate either the domestic challenges or international complexities that a VP must grasp at the most basic level. A McCain/Palin administration would be risky at best, and potentially disastrous.

I’m sick of Republicans suggesting I’m unpatriotic while they ruin my reputation around the world. I’m sick of people casting votes of fear because of threats that are mischaracterized and exploited by their own political leaders. I’m sick of distorted television commercials being my country’s primary method of public discourse. And I’m sick of being told that straight, white, Evangelical family values are better for my country than my family’s values. Anyone who has paid lip service to the idea that America’s strength relies upon its diversity, be warned: it’s actually true, and it will be even truer in the future. I think my generation will be known as the diversity generation. We get America. We are ready to be leaders for the world community. We are motivated. We think. We are patriotic.

And if we vote, we cannot be outnumbered.

— Ryan Quinn

jessed's photo
Mon 09/08/08 04:39 PM

The Books are not Being "BANNED", you are still allowed to buy them and read them. They just don't want to fund them in the Library because they could be some controversy.

It's censorship. Period. And you and I get to make a judgement based on that. You may think it's ok. I say it's very scary.

You know, I hear Liberals wanting to "FIX TALK RADIO", that is a form of Censorship. They don't like what they hear on there and they think it needs to be fixed. Liberals Hate Rush and Sean Hannity and they would love for them to be off the Air. But it is funny how they don't want to fix CNN, a channel that should be called ONN, Aka Obama News Network.

There are tons of censorship out there, just the way you look at it...

What the Liberals(as you call them)want is not Censorship. Its to provide a counterpoint to what Rush and Sean and other Conservative hosts say.

The is taken from Wikipedia:

Fairness Doctrine:
The Fairness Doctrine was introduced in the U.S. in 1949. The doctrine remained a matter of general policy, and was applied on a case-by-case basis until 1967, when certain provisions of the doctrine were incorporated into FCC regulations.[3] It did not require equal time for opposing views, but required that contrasting viewpoints be presented. The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows or editorials.(editbyjessed).

Thats not Censorship. It just gives more then just one view on a subject(s).

jessed's photo
Sat 09/06/08 03:03 PM
McCain and Bush video

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184111&title=john-mccains-big-acceptance

jessed's photo
Thu 09/04/08 07:02 PM
The GOP use fake troop in video.
http://vetvoice.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1843

How do you feel about this, video was shown at GOP convention.

jessed's photo
Wed 09/03/08 06:00 PM
Good God Why?????

jessed's photo
Wed 09/03/08 12:30 PM
I just installed it today to try it.

I can say that it loads pages fast, faster then Firefox.

But when I click to go back a page it doesn't alway go back a page.

Will update as I use it more.

jessed's photo
Tue 09/02/08 11:38 PM
From Pam of Pam's House Blend:

I do feel for the poor daughter; she didn't sign up for this. However it changes nothing about the fact that the hypocrisy of the right is exposed yet again -- the goals of that movement have been to create restrictions on contraception (emergency or otherwise), insistence on abstinence-only sex education, legislation to give a fetus personhood status -- all pointing to reducing the options young women in the same situation Sarah Palin's daughter finds herself in. What about the young women without the support or resources Miss Palin has? Whatever education in the Palin household on sex and celibacy and waiting until that sacred bond of marriage simply didn't work. But that's life - and real life can be a messy affair, and that's why those who say they believe in individual rights and freedom, including McCain/Palin, need to have the compassion as leaders to advocate for privacy rights -- something the right wing has no interest in.

I think she got it right.

jessed's photo
Tue 09/02/08 07:01 PM

Right, because Democrats never have kids get pregnant at 17 and Democrats never tell their kids not to have sex until older and well, you know what--I was watching a show not long ago about a man who was very much against gangs. He had worked a lot of his adult life trying to help mediate gang violence and spent a lot of time telling kids that gangs were no answer.

Oddly, his son or a relative of his joined a gang and paid the price. So, we should probably tell him to abandon his message--I mean, obviously he's a really bad parent/relative and he should probably just stop.

-Drew

Kids, doing something which they know will make their parents angry... Let's call it "rebellion". And kids act up a lot from 13 to 19...let's call that the "teenage years". laugh

Democrats are sinking to a new low. Anyone who supports these attacks on Sarah Palin should be ostracised from the Democrat party. These are people who are arguing for a woman to be less than a man. Of course, Palin should be home raising the kids, but Obama's kids are just fine at home with one parent. laugh

It's going to be a crazy election.

Democrats are not the only questioning McCain choice for V.P.. To say it only Dems is wrong. Why are the Repubs not let her do interviews? What are the afraid of?

I say keep her, she will help the Dems come Nov

jessed's photo
Tue 09/02/08 06:21 PM

Yes well DEMS have no room for anything other than their small minded bigoted thinking.

Um. OK. That was a nice intro. If Joe Lieberman is siding with Republicans on votes, why would the Democrats not remove him from a leadership position?

It's in the article... it says...

Lieberman's appearance here could have political consequences. He could lose his Homeland Security Committee chairmanship. Right now the Democrats need him to hold the majority, but if they pick up seats in the fall all bets are off.

Well, they will pick up seats and then "Tokyo" Joe is done.

....and you think it's ok to put party above the good of the country????

What does it matter, the Democrats can put who ever the want in there. How would it hurt the country if they did?

jessed's photo
Tue 09/02/08 05:58 PM
Will Sarah Palin withdraw or McCain replace her before McCain accepts the nomination tomorrow night?

jessed's photo
Tue 09/02/08 03:06 PM

I came back online....cause my spirt has been grieved by your earlier statement that you made, about Jesus not being God.

You believe in Jesus. You believe Jesus is God. To you, Jesus represents God. That is your belief and your personal reality.

You should not be grieved by what anyone else says or believes. The only reason you might be grieved is that you suspect you could be wrong.

Are you wrong Morningsong?

Trust me when I say to you, that it does not matter what anyone else believes. What you believe is what matters.

JB

Actually - it doesn't matter what anyone believes, it's a matter of what the text says. The question framed by the OP refered to the bible, and understanding what it says. The text of scripture clearly states that Jesus is God. If one choses to believe that Jesus is not God, they are talking about a Jesus that is not in the bible, so any reference of "that" Jesus' character is pure assumption.
\

No it is not a matter of what the text says. The OP did not ask what the text says. The OP asked if Jesus is God.

Is Jesus God?

I ask this because the bible has always caused confusion for me, too many inconsistencies and contradictions.

Is Jesus God? Isn’t Jesus the son of God? Many passages in the bible say he is. Does God say Jesus is God? What about Exodus 20:3, “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” ?

Just asking? Better to ask then not ask.

The answer to this question "Does God say Jesus is God?" implies that God and Jesus are two different entities.

So the question is not what does the text say. The question asks "Is Jesus God?"

If you believe the text, then I guess you can believe Jesus is God if you want. But she says that the Bible is confusing and full of inconsistencies, so she doubts the text itself.

So the question remains, "Is Jesus God?"

I think she should be asking the question was Jesus a real person or a fictional character. Once she decides if he was or was not even a real person, who really existed, then she can ask the question, "Is Jesus God?"

I am telling her No. Jesus is a fictional character. He never existed. The story is a myth.

But it does not matter one way or another what you choose to believe. It is what it is. You are who you are. It does not matter. Believe or not, your choice.

JB

Thanks Jeannie for getting back to my OP.

Just based on the knowledge I have, the bible is a work of fiction with some real events and places.

Note: she is a he....:smile:

jessed's photo
Sun 08/31/08 04:00 PM
I ask this because the bible has always caused confusion for me, too many inconsistencies and contradictions.

Is Jesus God? Isn’t Jesus the son of God? Many passages in the bible say he is. Does God say Jesus is God? What about Exodus 20:3, “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” ?

Just asking? Better to ask then not ask.

jessed's photo
Fri 08/29/08 03:13 PM

On the seventh day, God said, "Let there be football."

And it was good.

Later that day, God said, "Let there be one team to rule the others and set the standard for excellence."

With that, he plucked a star from the heavens and placed it on the helmet of silver and blue.

God said, "Let it be called, ''The Dallas Cowboys'' - America''s team."

Later that day, God said, "Even Cowboys need a**holes."

So he made their fans.

jessed's photo
Fri 08/29/08 01:54 PM
Did any one know that she is currently under investigation for abuse of power by Alaska lawmakers?. Real kick in the butt if shes found guilty.

jessed's photo
Thu 08/28/08 09:42 PM

do you know obama wasnt even born in the united states?

Do you know McCain wasn't even born in the United States either?

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7