Community > Posts By > Rachel78745

Rachel78745's photo
Sun 11/07/10 08:30 AM

It is so hard being a single mom! I just don't understand why I have to do it all alone! Nothing has changed for him but I am doing this all alone! Was alone threw the pregnacy and now my son is 10 months old and I am still alone! How can someone only spend 18 hours a week with there child? Any advise to help me?

Scream throw a fit and vent and then take a deep breath and walk back in the house and keep going. I swear it gets easier the older they get. I haven been a single mother for almost 6 years now and many many times I threaten myself I couldn't do it. BUT then you get over it. So I promise this to shall pass and the kids get older and if you did a good job as a disciplinarian they get to be a great help around the house and take stress off! LOL Imagine that :)

Rachel78745's photo
Sun 11/07/10 08:26 AM

Look I wont go into my entire life story but lets just say this. EVERY single person who ever claimed to love me or care for me left me, hell even those who didn't care left too. EVERYONE. I have been emotionally alone my entire life. Due to this I have always yearned to be loved and to show the love that I was denied. I really have tried and I have had some really good relationships. I have not been screwed over by every guy or anything like that. What I have found to be true though, Is that life is VERY long and things change. I would like to see some stats on how many marriages or people stay together till death till they part. I feel that we are attempting to live out a standard that is impossible for 90% of humanity. The answer is no I don't want to be alone but I also am really tired of being hurt and left alone because the dream failed again. I just want to be happy in life and enjoy being here and I have found that if I rely on myself for my own happiness than I wont get hurt anymore. I have a great dog and a wonderful daughter and I don't have the time to be crying myself to sleep anymore. I don't see how a relationships can offer anything that you cant already get from a good friend of a good *uck buddy that you trust.

flowerforyou I can relate

drinker Heres to trying to find real love! LOL!

Rachel78745's photo
Sun 11/07/10 08:10 AM
"it's a matter of persuading people. And giving them confidence and bringing them together. And setting a tone. And making an argument that people can understand."

HMMM thats sales..................I would know I am a top sales person.

Rachel78745's photo
Sun 11/07/10 08:05 AM
Look I wont go into my entire life story but lets just say this. EVERY single person who ever claimed to love me or care for me left me, hell even those who didn't care left too. EVERYONE. I have been emotionally alone my entire life. Due to this I have always yearned to be loved and to show the love that I was denied. I really have tried and I have had some really good relationships. I have not been screwed over by every guy or anything like that. What I have found to be true though, Is that life is VERY long and things change. I would like to see some stats on how many marriages or people stay together till death till they part. I feel that we are attempting to live out a standard that is impossible for 90% of humanity. The answer is no I don't want to be alone but I also am really tired of being hurt and left alone because the dream failed again. I just want to be happy in life and enjoy being here and I have found that if I rely on myself for my own happiness than I wont get hurt anymore. I have a great dog and a wonderful daughter and I don't have the time to be crying myself to sleep anymore. I don't see how a relationships can offer anything that you cant already get from a good friend of a good *uck buddy that you trust.

Rachel78745's photo
Sun 11/07/10 07:54 AM

So you don't want any kind of relationship, just sex as it's obviously available to you at any time, and then your life can continue on leaving anyone who cares about you behind... how shallow.
(just the kind I'd expect to find online, sad but true)

wow just the kind of insensitive crap I would expect on a lesser forum filled with pre teen boys. You are wrong. I wont bother to prove you wrong because that would take to much time and effort and I have a feeling it would be wasted on you.
The weirdest thing is that you are not a woman. Who would have thunk a man would think getting laid and moving on would be shallow. LOL!

Rachel78745's photo
Sat 11/06/10 08:19 PM
Well what I have found is that while being in a relationship can make me happy it never lasts. I mind as well just go shopping, at least my clothes wont cause me problems. I am all for friends but I think I am giving up on the relationship thing. I honestly feel like I would be better off just lonely and and when I get sad enough I'll go shopping and buy some new shoes. Because the truth is that while we get into a relationship to fix our own loneliness it always comes back. The love wears off and then the relationship goes down the *******....

Rachel78745's photo
Sat 11/06/10 08:12 PM
Very sorry for your loss :(

Rachel78745's photo
Sat 11/06/10 08:09 PM
I am getting used to the idea that being alone is the way to go. I feel like my fear of not wanting to be alone has caused me to date and have relationships that eventually became more about not being alone than it did loving that person. I feel now that the only way to truly be happy is by yourself. No one can effect you when you are by yourself. It's a fear of ours to not want to be alone, but think about it. What's so scary? I mean sure we all need to get laid but thats just a need that can be served and then life can continue as usual. Sure being in a relationship CAN be a great thing but why does it have to be the standard? Why is life dream to get married and have a family? Who says a person cant live alone or maybe have roommates and never find a mate? Thoughts?

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:36 PM

There is so much more than racism, there is nationalism/xenophobia, religious bias, disability bias, economic or social bias, and sexual orientation bias, to say otherwise is to have your head in the sand. People fear and judge those who are different than themselves.
yea, we need a big alien attack to smooth things out...

I am telling you! STAR TREK MAN! lol

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:35 PM

Second of all, who cares about a court case, I am stating a simple fact to shut people up about the birth cirtificate, if he wants to shut people up alls he has to do is produce it. No court case is needed for that.

Indeed it would not. Let's say, for the sake of argument, he kept producing every document demanded by the Birthers.

You know, of course, what would happen next, right?

"He's still a Muslim, I don't care how many Christian churches he's attended."

It's like being stupid enough to gift an answer to the age-old question "When did you stop beating your wife" to someone intent on running your reputation into the ground for no particular sane reason. The proper answer to that one is, "I'll see you in court."

-Kerry O.

He is a mslim and already admitted it :)

You can see that as he correct's himself he looks hard to the side. A very common way to spot a lie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auwe-aGF4Lo&feature=related

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:29 PM

As far as police and crimes, I don't understand why people are treating this like its an all or nothing thing.

I mean, come on...isn't it self evident that on the whole (not individual cops) police have a racial bias? Isn't it also obvious that the judicial system favors the wealthy, and that black suspects are more likely to be poor (therefore more likely to go to jail)? Isn't it also obvious that we have large populations of poor inner city blacks? And that these are high crime areas, where young black people learn to commit crimes from other young black people?

I don't trust statistics whose basis I haven't very carefully examined (which takes time and energy....) but I would not be at all surprised if black people perform a disproportionate amount of the robberies...I would be surprised if it were otherwise. This is not racism. Its something that is either true, or isn't. We should fight racism, but should we also deny reality?

If it is true, it is not genetic. If its true, then it is not really a matter of race, it would be a matter of culture and economics.

I tried that one already. These people are convinced that its a white versus black world. To be honest i had no idea people still thought about things this was still with all of the advantages minorities have OVER whites when it comes to access to social services and federal funding. You can show them the truth in black and white and they won't even read it. All you have to do is be poor and live around crime to see the facts are true.

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:17 PM

America has always favored whites over everyone else and we are not at equality yet.

I disagree. I'd say that in many ways, in many places, America favors wealthy blacks over poor whites.

Money whores probably could care less about race.

Is there anyone you don't hate other than the abused African Americans?

Is there a term for judging people based of their wealth?

Is Oprah a money whore too? What about all the other rich black people? Are they money whores too? Or is it just the rich whites?

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:14 PM

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:12 PM

institutional racism is a real thing and not just some CARD that people bring up for some imagined benefit,,,

I absolutely agree. It is not *only* some card that is brought out, but it is *also* a card that is brought out.

Institutional racism is real. Institutional racism is also a card that is played in situations that had nothing to do with racism.

Considering that white racists are the ones who created the ideal of a race card to help to diminish their victims and make it easier for them to continue to do what they want to do.

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:09 PM

And, I suppose all persons in Confederate dress doing Civil War reenactments are Klan.

Demorats are really hard up for trying to garner points.

Ain't workin'.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

This topic is a big FAIL!!laugh laugh

LOL!!! GOD THIS GUY IS TO MUCH! ROFLMAO!!!

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS BE EXTREMEST!!

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 09:01 PM

I agree the blame game is futile

but looking at the realities we live in and aknowledging how RACE plays a big part is quite different

I am more interested in ATTEMPTING to be a society where an american is an american regardless of skin color or religious doctrine or gender

if education were the only issue, Id be happy to discuss that, but the issue is the RESOURCES which make education available, the SUPPORT which educates children well enough to be able to compete

those things are NOT equally available or instituted and even if one were to go to the base of the problem(economics), one cannot ignore how economic position in America is painfully and historically entertwined with RACE,,,

Nope you have one thing right though, it is economics. Poor people don't get treated well. Poor school's don't offer the kind of small classes and proffered schooling environment for optimal learning. However, if a child really wants to succeed nothing can stop them not even their race. I understand that you feel it's a black thing but the only way to prove that is to look at each school and see that the black kids in each specific class are being treated differently and that is simply not the case. There was a time when what you are saying is absolutely correct but now that time has gone and passed.

no, I really dont have to prove it happens in EVERY case , as my issue is that it happens DISPROPORTIONATELY amongst racial lines in general,,,

the surgeon general warns that smoking may lead to cancer, now there are many OTHER ways that may lead to cancer and there are many smokers that never become ill with cancer, but that is not proof that in general, a smoker seems to have a greater risk of cancer than a non smoker,,,

You are gonna believe what you want because it's in your nature. It doesn't matter that it's not the truth.

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 08:56 PM

noway slaphead

bigsmile :banana: :banana: :banana:

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 08:53 PM
http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf

Are Police Biased?
For someone to go to prison, four things have to
happen. The police must arrest him for a felony,
charges must be filed, he must plead or be found
guilty, and a judge must sentence him to prison.
Racial bias could enter at any stage.
Blacks are certainly more likely to be arrested
than other groups. According to the Uniform Crime
Reports (UCR), blacks accounted for 27 percent of
arrests in 2002, even though they were only 13 percent
of the population, whereas whites and Hispanics
(W&H) accounted for 71 percent of arrests, but
were 81 percent of the population. This means that
when all crime categories are added together, blacks
were more than twice as likely to be arrested as
W&H. Blacks were four times more likely to be arrested
for violent crimes, and no fewer than eight
times more likely to be arrested for robbery.4
Many people believe blacks are arrested so often
because police target them unfairly. Brian Nichols,
the Atlanta gunman, seems to think police are arresting
blacks en masse whether they are guilty or
not. Many local authorities have passed laws to correct
what they believe to be police bias.5 Police argue
that they are targeting criminals, not non-whites,
and that they arrest large numbers of minorities only
because minorities are committing a large number
of crimes.6
The best test of police bias is to compare an independent
and objective count of the percentage of
criminals who are black with the percentage of arrested
suspects who are black. If they are about the
same—if, for example, we can determine that half
the robbers are black, and we find that about half
the robbers the police arrest are black—it is good
evidence police are not targeting blacks unfairly.
But what information do we have about the race
of criminals other than arrest reports? The best independent
source is the National Crime Victimization
Survey (NCVS). For the most recent report, the
government surveyed 149,040 people about crimes
of which they had been victims during 2003. They
described the crimes in detail, including the race of
the perpetrator, and whether they reported the crimes
to the police. The survey sample, which is massive
by polling standards, was carefully chosen to be representative
of the entire US population. By comparing
information about races of perpetrators with racial
percentages in arrest data from the Uniform
Crime Reports (UCR) we can determine if the proportion
of criminals the police arrest who are black
is equivalent to the proportion of criminals the victims
say were black.
UCR and NCVS reports for the years 2001
through 2003 offer the most recent data on crimes
suffered by victims, and arrests for those crimes.
Needless to say, many crimes are not reported to the
police, and the number of arrests the police make is
smaller still. An extrapolation from NCVS data gives
a good approximation of the actual number of crimes
committed in the United States every year. The
NCVS tells us that between 2001 and 2003, there
were an estimated 1.8 million robberies, for example,
of which 1.1 million were reported to the
police. The UCR tell us that in the same period police
made 229,000 arrests for robbery. Police cannot
make an arrest if no one tells them about a crime,
so the best way to see if police are biased is to compare
the share of offenders who are black in crimes
reported to the police, and the share of those arrested
who are black.
Figure 1 compares offender information to arrest
information for all the crimes included in the
NCVS. For example, 55 percent of offenders in all
robberies were black, 55.4 percent of robbers in robberies
reported to police were black, and 54.1 percent
of arrested robbers were black.
For most crimes, police are arresting fewer blacks
than would be expected from the percentage of
criminals the victims tell us are black (rape/sexual
assault is the only exception). In the most extreme
case, burglary, victims tell police that 45 percent of
the perpetrators were black, but only 28 percent of
the people arrested for that crime were black. If all the NCVS crimes are taken together, blacks who
committed crimes that were reported to the police
were 26 percent less likely to be arrested than people
of other races who committed the same crimes. 7
These figures lend no support to the charge that
police arrest innocent blacks, or at least pursue them
with excessive zeal. In fact, they suggest the opposite,
that police are more determined to arrest non black
rather than black criminals. 8
Five of the NCVS crimes in Figure 1 are violent:
rape, sexual assault (threat of rape and assault short
of rape), robbery, simple assault, and aggravated
assault (assault with a weapon or that causes severe
injury). Ninety-six percent of the time, the victim
had a good enough look at the criminal to determine
his race, so the data on the percentage of violent
offenders who are black are very reliable.
What about property crimes? Victims usually do
not see thieves, so survey participants could identify
race only seven percent of the time. The percentages
in Figure 1 for burglary, car theft, and larceny
are therefore based on the assumption that victims
would be no more or less likely to know the
race of a thief if he were black than if he were of
any other race.
It would be useful to be able to make offender/
arrest comparisons for criminals of all races, but the
way the government collects data makes this impossible.
As we noted previously, the UCR do not
distinguish between arrests of Hispanics and whites.
The NCVS asks crime victims to describe perpetrators
only as black, white or “other.” Some victims
put Hispanics in the “other” category, 9 along with
Asians, and Indians. Blacks are therefore the only
group the UCR and NCVS treat consistently.
Figure 1 also shows that the black share of crimes
reported to the police is larger than the black share
of all crimes, reported or not (rape/sexual assault is
again the only exception). In other words, more
crime victims report crimes to police when the criminal
is black than when he is of another race. Why?
NCVS victims are more likely to call the police
about more serious crimes within the same category—
for example, if a robber had a gun or a knife.
According to NCVS victims, blacks are nearly three
times more likely than criminals of other races to
use a gun and more than twice as likely to use a
knife. Therefore, even within the same crime categories,
blacks are committing more serious offenses—
which makes it even more striking that
police are less likely to arrest them than criminals
who are not black.
Finally, Figure 1 indirectly shows something else:
how much more likely blacks are than people of
other races to commit certain crimes. Although
blacks are 13 percent of the population, they commit
a far larger percentage of every crime included
in the NCVS. They are eight times more likely than people of other races to rob someone, for example,
and 5.5 times more likely to steal a car.
The National Incident-Based Reporting System
(NIBRS) is a different collection of data that can be
used to compare the races of criminals reported to
the police to the races of suspects the police arrest.
In 2002, the most recent year for NIBRS data, 4,726
police agencies in 23 states reported all crimes
known to the police, the race of the offender if
known, and the races of all people arrested. These
data represented 19 percent of the US population,
and 15 percent of US crime. Like the previous reports,
NIBRS does not distinguish between whites
and Hispanics.
Figure 2 compares the percentage of criminals
victims and witnesses say were black with the percentage
of arrested suspects who were black. More
often than not, blacks made up a higher percentage
of offenders than those arrested, and overall, black
offenders were nine percent less likely to be arrested
than white and Hispanic (W&H) offenders who
committed crimes in the same categories. Once
again, this is the opposite of what we would expect
if police are unfairly targeting blacks.
Other racial comparisons show that Asians/Pacific
Islanders were just as likely as W&H to be arrested,
but Indians were 20 percent more likely to
be arrested than W&H.10 The data on Indians are
intriguing but there is such a small number of Indian
offenders in NIBRS that it may be risky to draw
conclusions about police bias.

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 08:47 PM
The sad thing is that racism towards whites is not only ignored but accepted. Some white people even believe they deserve it, due to what our race did to African Americans in the past LOL!

Yea I get what it's like to be hated based of skin color and NO ONE care. NOT EVEN MY OWN RACE.

If I had the money I would sue him for everything he is worth for making that remark.What's worse is all the white people who continue to listen to the guy. Where is your sense of self dignity and respect when you support the man who makes his living hating you?

Rachel78745's photo
Mon 10/11/10 08:35 PM

Let's not pretend there is no racism towards white people. Though still many white people hold power is irrelevant. That's like saying our president is black so there is no racism. In my college there was NSBE national society for black engineers but there could be no white society. Treating a group different based on race is racism. Also I am currently living n Japan and get treated different all the time. There is racism here towRds white people.

Oh but it is not irrelevant that whites are still in power.

It is very relevant.

Whites in power mean that more of the crimes committed by whites will go unpunished.

Not to mention that blacks get more time for the same crimes as white people commit. Just this past year they finally equated crack as "coke" to stop the bleeding. The "white system" has been imprisioning mainly blacks for years...the white government in the 80's poisoned the inner cities to fund an illegal war Re: Operation Black Eagle (for example).

Again it's clear where the hateful white people are...politically that'd be with the GOP/T-bagging RW religious zealoted ilk among us. When people are Americans first then they'd have a right to call themselves Americans.

Maybe the reason they get more time is they are repeat offenders and screw ups the judge knows! I have yet to see any empirical evidence blacks serve more time than whites or anyone else.

TRUTH!!!!!

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 14 15