Community > Posts By > chocolina

no photo
Fri 07/22/11 07:54 AM

I've got a question to any athiests(naturalists) who are interested. (And yes, not all athiests are naturalists). I should note first of all that I am genuinely curious here. So:

If there is no god or gods and only what can be proved scientifically is true then where does meaning and purpose for human life come from? Sure, we can invent meaning for ourselves but isn't that basically self delusion? The very same criticism leveled at theists? The only purpose I can see from a naturalists worldview is that we must make a baby and raise it is able to make babies itself... and then we die. Is that really all our lives mean? Or is there more?

Discuss

IF we accept that conception - godless universe and only pure scientifically explanation of it incl. the humans, then logical
comes the idea that there is no purpose or meaning of our life
but pure random case which is based on the unique combination of
elements with the only purpose keeping and saving that balance .

Eh but till now there is no science which can explain the very beginning of Big Bang /the moment before to start the process aka Big Bang/

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 02:12 PM

I've looked over the web site you linked to. I'm personally not the slightest bit impressed by their methods. I've seen this same sort of thing done by Christians using the Bible. In fact, it's the same old stuff really. Obviously the Biblical Old Testament and much of the Qur'an are basically the the same superstitious folklore.

I disagree with many of there comparisons and analogies. Then tend to misrepresent scientific knowledge a lot too. Like the idea of a Big Crunch. That was a scientific hypothesis at one point, but it no longer has any scientific credibility.

More importantly it's rather easy to take an idea of any kind and find something in these stories that could be made analogous to it.

So personally I'm not impressed by these things. If you are, more power to you!

But if you're out to prove it to others, then I'm not convinced.

I dismiss these ancient stories for other reasons as well. IMHO they are totally inconsistent even with their own claims as well as being inconsistent with the personified character traits of their godhead.

So I dismiss them solely on their own self-contradictions. No science required. flowerforyou

Thank you .. agree

flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 02:05 PM

Throughout my year of research about different religons and beliefs, i discovered islam is the religon that has the highest authenticty, i found out about the presence of science and technology documented in the holy books, which was revealed long before western civilasation.... Facts and science like, the spherical shape of earth, the fusing of gamete cells, the light refraction of water, the big bang theory, the theory of rain making e.t.c.... Its enough for me to believe that a supreme being truly exist

Well now I gonna add something .
IF you really had research abt religions and believes then the most simple thing which you gonna find 1st day of your research that there is no difference between torah , bible and quraan aka holy books.

So sorry to disappoint you but either you don't have good idea abt others main religions or you only read the popular articles of islam .

it literaly shows, you dont do any researches, or have any idea, about religons and their book, or even historical researches

Pls before to say something like "research" first try at least to read that main holy books ..

Your Wiki- knowledge doesn't fit to the "research"

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 06:25 AM

Pls wake-up

Never! I'm dreaming, you are apart of my dream, and i shall never unplug from the system! bigsmile

That has a short name : diagnosis 'addiction' lol bigsmile

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 06:24 AM
Edited by chocolina on Thu 07/21/11 06:25 AM

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 06:16 AM

jrbogie wrote:

not a person of faith but i don't see so much a rise in atheism as i see a rise of secularism in general. 'strong' atheism, a BELIEF that there is no god makes no more sense than a BELIEF that god exists. i think that more and more folks are turning towards scientific explanations of creation, evolution, etc., more so than simply rejecting religion. and of course our governemnt separates itself from religion more and more with each challenge in the courts in general.

That's the best to be separated church/religion from government because both in combination can do only troubles / see Middle East/

Religion belongs to regions, countries ,traditions etc.

God belongs to ppl and he doesn't need any rituals or territory.

And yes ppl search explanation in science but I wonder if someone would claim that there is no God at all.

no photo
Thu 07/21/11 06:05 AM

Throughout my year of research about different religons and beliefs, i discovered islam is the religon that has the highest authenticty, i found out about the presence of science and technology documented in the holy books, which was revealed long before western civilasation.... Facts and science like, the spherical shape of earth, the fusing of gamete cells, the light refraction of water, the big bang theory, the theory of rain making e.t.c.... Its enough for me to believe that a supreme being truly exist

Well now I gonna add something .
IF you really had research abt religions and believes then the most simple thing which you gonna find 1st day of your research that there is no difference between torah , bible and quraan aka holy books.

So sorry to disappoint you but either you don't have good idea abt others main religions or you only read the popular articles of islam .

no photo
Fri 07/15/11 11:25 AM
RKISIT post:

Q:Where did God come from?

From nowhere god doesn't come and go God is postulate

A:From the imagination of men.

That not God that's the mythology

As i said before and i'll say it a million times if people would have listened to this man Democrit

the world would be free of the myth of religion

That's nice if ppl quoting something/someone get some efforts to understood the reason of that quotation ...
So is you check when Democritus was born and die (460–457 BC} and read what I post above then you gonna get the idea of his
quotation ... because that time are famous like pantheistic time
/pantheism/

no photo
Fri 07/15/11 11:07 AM
Spidercmb post:

No. Science can't explain WHAT caused the Big Bang. The Big Bang actually defies reason, because of causality. I'm proposing that God caused the Big Bang, you have NO EXPLANATION for the cause of the Big Bang.

The latest researched found that phenomenon of the duality of matter - called anti- mater /part of them are aka "black holes" / and one of the most anti-logical acting of it . Antimatter annihilated matter but in the same time that converted in a complicated and till now not known kind 'semi-matter'/kind existing in non-existing/ which in time what moment appeared in different place keeping its characteristics.

So maybe the existence of parallel doesn't exist only in tails and maybe will come time when the Man will start to understand what is God .

no photo
Thu 07/14/11 08:10 AM

I hear a lot of people from all religions agree that there is only "one God."

What does that mean exactly?

How can people make that claim or have that belief when God has not really been clearly defined?

Who originally came up with the idea of only one God?

that's a logical fact:
1.Its impossible more than 1 thing to create all aka beginning of all beginnings . If there is more that 1 then other one will be next one or they have to be equal to each other hence the same
or in math is famous like :

if a = b then b = a

2 . If a=b=c then b=a=c and c=a=b

3. Human's logic and experience :
if there is more than 1 great creator/god / then bounds to happen god's war in the heavens / ermmm... check Olympic gods and the bible story god-Satan/ ..lol

pitchfork :angel:

no photo
Mon 04/25/11 02:32 PM

I've noticed on many sites I visit some pics,or where there should be pics,are just blank with a red x in the upper left corner...is my computer as senile as I am or whats the problem.
Dean

My the most simple advice is :
when you have such problem
doesn't matter pictures with red X or some files
just click on it ... you'll get the right information from
the window which will be opened explaining which one program you
need to do this ...

no photo
Thu 04/21/11 06:27 AM

Question for the faithful:

If you suddenly didn't have the need for faith anymore...could you imagine living a good life without it?

Question for those that don't need faith:

When times get hard to where you truly need morale support yet don't find any, where do you go to find strength?

I know many ppl who have faith but their life is awful and damn hard... They have no strength but only someone who they point like a main reason for their situation and all their problems and believe that this is His will ...

Words 'get a strength when you have faith' sound romantic but they are far from reality . When the times get hard all we need and search for the main thing which creates the conditions where to feel secure and safety - money.

no photo
Thu 04/21/11 06:01 AM

Its not a mans birth that we should remember but a mans end of Life. How did a person affect us? Was it positive?

erm.. I think the best is not to try to remember anyone's birth or death but only their activity, behavior and social/family values they created or did .

no photo
Thu 04/21/11 05:17 AM

Since it has been so serious lately about religious views, I have an interesting question that I thought up just for fun....

What if Eve had been created first? Would things be the same as they are or would they be different?

God created first proto-type /a sample aka Adam , then he created a piece of art, his greatest job of creation aka Eve :)

no photo
Wed 02/09/11 01:46 PM
Redykeulous wrote:

Interesting and especially when we begin comparing what people have to say.

Chocolina writes:
Dies only our body ...our true personality aka "soul" is immortal and we back again and again until we get all lessons here in the Earth "packing" in different bodies

There is even a certain logic that Chocolina applies to support the idea:

There is no logic to live so short and to be dead forever.
If we face the facts we gonna see that all in this world /visible and invisible/ subordinate to an amazing logic...
and there is no way our life to end so meaningless

But that is not a complete thought process because the logic that supports the inference is incomplete. WHY is it meaningful for an individual soul to continue to be ‘re-born’ or ‘re-incarnated’ on this Earth?

What is being benefited and/or whom is being benefited by our continued return into this, or any other, physical life-form?

That's the biggest mystery of our creation . There are many teachings and speculations abt this " why " we are here.
I can say only the idea which I get it like more logical for me .
The main idea is that each "soul/individuality" back here again and again because of the main aim - reaching the full harmony with the universe - spirit "soul"

I'd not tell details because all this is out of the topic

NEXT:

Cowboy writes:
amen, life is the most valuable thing ever. There's not enough money on the earth that can buy a life. It's priceless, enjoy it.

Chocolina responds:
thats not true .. money can buy you life - doctors , meds , care etc .etc...

Cowboy replies:
that's not true. Money can buy you something to repair yourself in this life, but it can not originally buy the life.

I have to ask – how do you know we don’t pay to have this life? If we are what Chocolina believes we are, then how can either of you know that in some other plane in which our ‘personality/soul’ exists we haven’t paid some fee to have this life -- kind of like an extended carnival ride.

Either way – if the physical form ceases to exist then much of who and what we think we are, including much of our personality, would die with the physical form because who we are, how we act, and even how and what we think are directly related to our physical experiences in this body.

Take away the body that our personality developed in and we have no frame of reference regarding this one existence. The fact that we don’t remember being any other person (with some other personality that formed in another form or forms) seems to indicate that we are newly developed and will cease to exist when the body ceases to exist.

I admit that my logic is based on nothing – literally. In other words, there are no scientific theories that extend beyond the death of our physical form – therefore, I think the body ceases to exist.

Others prefer to believe that our intellect makes us so much more important within the universe that we must continue to exist beyond the physical. Some believe it would be meaningless for such a wondrous creature as humans to live like any other life form and then cease to exist in the same manner.

I, on the other hand, do not see humans as that wondrous of a creature. Nothing in all the data we have amassed in the time that we have existed as human on this planet – suggests to me, that we proceed in our everyday lives in any manner that is better than any other animal that has ever populated this Earth.

So I would suggest that if anyone wants to believe that humans have some eternal quality, that they might consider that we pay some over-rated fee to gain entry into this carnival ride and perhaps the fail safe to exit the ride prior to its completion - is suicide.

So what do you all think about that?

This is the best answer to all your questions here :

"I, on the other hand, do not see humans as that wondrous of a creature."

Because of this we gonna back again and again till we reach this crystal harmony /budhists call it nirvana or to became a budha/ and to join the cosmic "soul" one

no photo
Wed 02/09/11 01:16 PM

CowboyGH wrote:

And besides all that, if God said it was your time, no money in the world could keep you here.

Who said that God is responsible and determinate the time of our life ?

no photo
Wed 02/09/11 01:01 PM

CowboyGH wrote:

CowboyGH wrote:

CowboyGH wrote:

When you die do you die?

If you are not living life are you dead?

If you are living life death is not important.

life is.

enjoy it.

amen, life is the most valuable thing ever. There's not enough money on the earth that can buy a life. It's priceless, enjoy it.

that's not true. Money can buy you something to repair yourself in this life, but it can not originally buy the life.

Without this "repair" we call ppl "dead".

Yes but money didn't originally by that life, so therefore the money never bout you any life. Merely repaired your body to possibly lengthen that life.

No one need to buy life but to keep it in health this one ...
and for that we need money

no photo
Wed 02/09/11 09:32 AM

CowboyGH wrote:

CowboyGH wrote:

When you die do you die?

life is.

enjoy it.

Without this "repair" we call ppl "dead".

no photo
Wed 02/09/11 09:20 AM
AdventureBegins wrote:

When you die do you die?

life is.

enjoy it.

Dies only our body ...our true personality aka "soul" is immortal and we back again and again until we get all lessons here in the Earth "packing" in different bodies

There is no logic to live so short and to be dead forever.
If we face the facts we gonna see that all in this world /visible and invisible/ subordinate to an amazing logic...
and there is no way our life to end so meaningless

no photo
Wed 02/09/11 09:12 AM
CowboyGH wrote:

When you die do you die?

life is.

enjoy it.