Community > Posts By > SarahsF8

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:34 PM

love the shorts

They are cute; yellow is such a happy color.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:32 PM
Good lord... where to start?

I confess to being jealous of my stupid friend, who, at 23, was in a loving relationship with a man (who is employed) she loved for seven years (he wanted to marry her), got pregnant. She left him high and dry, came to grad school, had the baby and gave it away.

I was so jealous I couldn't see straight. I consider myself fairly settled and would love nothing more than to have had all those things. You can have a marriage, a baby, and get an education, for heaven's sake!

I am starting to get over it, though, and I am realizing how stupid I was for envying her. She has no mind of her own and is a slave to her family's money.

I'm better off as me.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:28 PM

First of all, I have never been a size 6, 135, ok, however I am beautiful, inside and out, and if my man goes to my friend-who just might be a size 6 and 135- then I expect my friend to come to me and tell me this first of all, then I would kick his azz to the curb. If she was my friend for 2 weeks, or 20 years, I wouldnt care. I would be more hurt that my friend didnt tell me this, then at my man for doing it...

I dont put anything past a man, and I know what men think with-most of them anyway- therefore I depend on my friend to let me know if something like this happens, then I will handle it with him!flowerforyou

I investigated your profile, and you are beautiful!! I particularly like the saturation--it's almost an orange (I have some great pictures of daffodils that I have turned all colors on Picasa, what fun!)

Keep being a strong, confident woman! There aren't enough of those... no matter what package they come in.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:24 PM
You're exactly right. Unfortunately, that is not necessarily the attitude that is cultivated in our society--as I'm sure you know. So it is hard, and as an outsider to the marriage, there's only so much you can do (because if you are like me, you want to be able to FIX EVERYTHING, ****IT).

I can hear your frustration, and I'm sorry for you. I'm also glad you're concerned for your friends. Good luck. :heart:

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:20 PM
Well, I would never have gone out with the last guy if I hadn't asked him... painfully shy, that one.

I tried to pay, because I wasn't sure it was a date, really. But he wouldn't let me. That's fine, I'm poor!

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:18 PM

Internet friends are great!!! Love em'!
flowerforyou

Yes, indeed. Glamorous, even. glasses

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:16 PM
I like to give my pets people names, and sometimes it takes a week or two. If it were me, I would call her "puppy" until I get a feel for her personality, then name her.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:14 PM
Bailey's.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:13 PM
Not all affairs are with glamorous strangers from the internet, I'm saying. But again, IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT (and I am not sure how I can offend you by stressing this, really). It is the guys who need to step up here. They either need to tell their wives, "I love you and I think you're sexy," or they need to leave.

The next time they approached me to talk about their wives' insecurities, as a friend, I would point them in the direction of expressing their attraction and building up their wife's confidence.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:07 PM
Say not "perve" but rather, "investigate."

I have been checking out a number of people this evening, as I do whenever I participate in discussions, to see who I'm talking to.

Because I'm naturally confused, I may look at you several times.

I just need to put down the drinker and pay attention. :tongue:

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:02 PM
Frankly, if it were me, I'd be more concerned about you talking my husband in private than about any difference in our figures...

Really, this is NOT your fault, and it isn't your girlfriends' fault, either. Hubbies need to step up and say "I am attracted to my wife."

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 09:00 PM
I am what it seems you are calling "weight challenged." I KNOW there is a reason that my man (when I have one) is with me, not what society might consider my "prettier" friends.

Anyone who doesn't know something similar is lacking in confidence, perhaps from being perpetually put down about a trait.

Food for thought.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:51 PM
Nope, I like to shop around, too.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:50 PM
Well, if I were to pack up and leave, I'd go home... to WV.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:49 PM
Because they're so... not women.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:47 PM
Some of these 'solutions' just sound painful...

It's probably something that should be done as a "let's do this" rather than a "you do this."

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:44 PM
Yup... intellectuals have a hard time of it in today's dating scene. Some folks, it seems, do not like to talk quantum physics on a first date.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:42 PM
Edited by SarahsF8 on Wed 04/23/08 08:43 PM
Oh, but I'm so good at bs, I have a degree in it. Hmmm. Yes, I suppose it all depends on your point of view. To one side he was a cultural hero, but to the other he was an assassin.

But really, I can get a pretty good vibe off a person before I ever shake his or her hand...

... if only that king had been so skilled.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:32 PM

A person who shakes with their left hand is not to be trusted

Anyone who shakes with their left hand is left handed...

There is a great story located in the OT about a man who killed a tyrannical king (if I'm remembering right). Because of cultural specifics, the left hand was considered unclean and everything was done with the right hand. Thus, when a man entered the king's court, his left side was searched for weapons. The left handed man's weapon, of course, was on his right side. The court guards missed it when they checked him, and he was a hero.

A bit off topic, but there you have it.

SarahsF8's photo
Wed 04/23/08 08:26 PM
I don't know if you're for real or making a joke, so I'm going to take a pass on this one...