Community > Posts By > noblenan

noblenan's photo
Thu 01/01/09 11:33 AM

What always perplexes me is that those who do not want to be controlled seem to also want the services that are provided by that control. spock We gripe about the corruption, but don't bother to question it.

Maybe the people in control are not any different. But, the people are different and need to not become complacent again. When the wealthy stop thinking... while being so elite, yet, with such low self esteem... that if they can do it, anyone can do it, will the greed that has overcome this country cease to exist. Then maybe one party will stop telling the other party to "suck it up, and stay beaten down"...(not the actual term I was thinking)! noway That pies just not tasting so good these days.

glasses

Well actually if every incumbant would have been voted out in this last election that would have definately turned the tables in John Q. Public's favor. That would have sent a clear & loud message of no more business as usual.

DEMS are in for a big awakening also. They have been getting a free pass while REPS have been doing the heavy lifting. Now let's see what DEMS do. LOL Considering what is being posted on this board .... (I'm not holding my breath on that one or putting money on it either.)

Let's see who all those LIBS who voted to let them stay will put their money on???? LOL

Oh, the occasional lucid moment...then it's gone.
flowerforyou

OOPS! I guess you didn't see where your bias went huh? laugh

No, I saw were yours went! laugh laugh laugh

noblenan's photo
Wed 12/31/08 06:12 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Happy New Year!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

drinker

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 12/31/08 05:22 PM

What always perplexes me is that those who do not want to be controlled seem to also want the services that are provided by that control. spock We gripe about the corruption, but don't bother to question it.

Maybe the people in control are not any different. But, the people are different and need to not become complacent again. When the wealthy stop thinking... while being so elite, yet, with such low self esteem... that if they can do it, anyone can do it, will the greed that has overcome this country cease to exist. Then maybe one party will stop telling the other party to "suck it up, and stay beaten down"...(not the actual term I was thinking)! noway That pies just not tasting so good these days.

glasses

Well actually if every incumbant would have been voted out in this last election that would have definately turned the tables in John Q. Public's favor. That would have sent a clear & loud message of no more business as usual.

DEMS are in for a big awakening also. They have been getting a free pass while REPS have been doing the heavy lifting. Now let's see what DEMS do. LOL Considering what is being posted on this board .... (I'm not holding my breath on that one or putting money on it either.)

Let's see who all those LIBS who voted to let them stay will put their money on???? LOL

Oh, the occasional lucid moment...then it's gone.
flowerforyou

noblenan's photo
Wed 12/31/08 04:42 PM

On the 29th November, 1947, the United Nations General Assembly passed a resolution calling for the establishment of a Jewish State in Eretz-Israel.

That is not a lie.

Europe and the United States didn't want the Jewish people so they established this "country"

:thumbsup: Perfect timing!

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 12/31/08 04:26 PM

Two parties are there to create a division and a perception of choice. Both lead in the same direction. Democrats argue from the point of good morals and bad economics, Republicans from the point of better economics and worse morals. The setup is designed to keep you fighting for one of the sides, while you really should be looking for good morals and good economics.
This is a proper application of old "divide and conquer" principle. You have to divide your enemy on something where there isn't any sensible division, then none of the sides will find itself guiltier than another, and the division will not be solved.

:thumbsup:

noblenan's photo
Wed 12/31/08 04:23 PM
Edited by noblenan on Wed 12/31/08 04:24 PM

glasses

noblenan's photo
Wed 12/31/08 12:45 PM
"Trust is everything!" (in regards to everything)

Nan glasses

noblenan's photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:58 AM

Ummm..my dog is alone for 8 hours a day, five days a week.

Doesn't seem to hurt him any. And he's always happy to see me when I get home.

Saying that someone shouldn't get a dog ( which is basically what the OP stated ) is just silly.

Animals are just like people in that they have different personalities and they can be trained and conditioned to live in live in harmony with each other. My dog has gotten old and likes to hang out in the easy chair. Pets shouldn't be a replacement, but they are good company. flowerforyou

noblenan's photo
Sat 12/27/08 10:31 AM
I hope writing these words gave you some form of comfort. flowerforyou I could feel the anger and pain in every word. :cry:

Nan glasses

noblenan's photo
Sat 12/27/08 10:11 AM
I thought I saw my dead grandpa when I was 8 or 10. It could have been a dream. I'll never know for sure.
Everybody needs something to believe in. If believing make some one feel better and live better, so be it.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Sat 12/27/08 10:01 AM
Edited by noblenan on Sat 12/27/08 10:03 AM

it downloaded a CNN report on Christmas shopping sales...and...retailers asking the government for tax free shopping days...

I think you got a "cut and paste" problem, Gio! Worked for me!

There is a commercial prior to the report. The report is touching!! matbe I'll do that next year. Christmas has lost it's luster for me.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 12/26/08 07:39 PM

any mince pie ?

Your favorite? Or do you just like to stir the pot? smile2

waving
glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 12/26/08 06:33 PM

I think when your on company time you do as they say within the law. personaly I think she is some kind of fanatic. If she were to say Alah is great she would be just as wrong.

I agree, except for maybe the "fanatic" part. When we say things in relation to our beliefs on our own time is our own business. If the company instructed all employees to say the same non-religious statement, it's insubordination.
Think of it as if it was your child and you told him/her not to say a cuss word. he/she does anyway, he/she gets punished. Simple as that.

glasses
The Fanatic said "I hold my core Christian values to a high standard and I absolutely refuse to give in on the basis of values. All I wanted was to be able to say 'Merry Christmas' or to acknowledge no holidays," she said Tuesday. "As a Christian, I don't recognize any other holidays." when you put your religouse beliefs ahead of the company that pays you and risk your families income your a fanatci at least thats my opinion. She can answer her phone any way she wishes in her home after workglasses

I just don't see what she said as being "fanatical", just, "not too caring whether she kept that job". The company could have let her just say nothing. Do you think they were being fanatical?

noblenan's photo
Fri 12/26/08 06:28 PM

I am a sucker for a man that can stimulate my mind and make me laugh. Long legs also helps...

:thumbsup:

noblenan's photo
Fri 12/26/08 06:11 PM

I think when your on company time you do as they say within the law. personaly I think she is some kind of fanatic. If she were to say Alah is great she would be just as wrong.

I agree, except for maybe the "fanatic" part. When we say things in relation to our beliefs on our own time is our own business. If the company instructed all employees to say the same non-religious statement, it's insubordination.
Think of it as if it was your child and you told him/her not to say a cuss word. he/she does anyway, he/she gets punished. Simple as that.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 12/26/08 05:55 PM
I'm reserving my right to change my mind, but so far I'm sorta likin' ya! Welcome back! flowerforyou

glasses

noblenan's photo
Fri 12/26/08 12:28 PM
2007 Chevy HHR, color Amethyst. All the benefits of an SUV without the gas hog status. love

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 12/25/08 10:29 PM
Owning a home within your means is easier than paying rent. It's maintaining that home that is the hard part.
Owning a home within your means was the American dream. Buying homes far above the means became the American nightmare.

glasses

noblenan's photo
Thu 12/25/08 11:19 AM

Lex, there I was helping you, and now you are helping me.. Thanks bro, much appreciated

You do so much for others -- and it's OK to get a little bit back every now and then. In a perfect world, we would all be able to work that way.

You're a good man Lex, the ladies should take notice..

You would THINK so, but....!

shades

They don't know what they are missing out on, seems most ladies pass men like us by, maybe we are to nice.. but I will never be any different, and i'm sure you won't either, funny they run to us, then go back to the abuseres

I'm sure many notice! I appreciate many of your thought processes. You have made me chuckle a few times.
We choose our own destinies. I'm sure you have heard that before.

Happy New Year! The dog poop is screaming my name. flowerforyou

noblenan's photo
Thu 12/25/08 11:12 AM
happy I'm fixin' to go out and scoop dog poop up in my back yard so my grand sons can ride the little Kawasakis Santa brought them! Got that picture in your head? ...Now don't you feel better? laugh flowers

Happy New Year! Everybody needs a little lift now and then. Hope is that we all have someone that can do that for us! flowerforyou

glasses

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25