Community > Posts By > artlo

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 12:52 PM
I think you are just as capable of looking up GINI numbers as I am. It's very easy to do. I think you can handle it.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 12:49 PM
Heads of State often meet in the country of one or the other. It seems like a leap to conclude that President Obama is related to any Saudis.

he had to go see his muslim brothers

Is this really what you meant to write? This is one of those things that Faux News watchers believe, but nobody else.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 12:42 PM
More of my postings disappearing. Even ones that don't refer negatively to any individual poster.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 11:26 AM
i know your not talking about the sacless joke in office now...or are you talking about 2013?

I understand there will always be an opportunity to say something mean about President Obama, but I don't see how anybody can claim that he affords the Saudi Arabian King the same kind of affetions that Bush provided. Can you think of any similar kinds of things that Obama has done? I haven't seen any pictures of him holding hands and making out and providing planes for the royal family to escape dangerous situations. I haven't read about any intense business relationships between the President and the House of Saud. Can you think of anything like that? That's not 2013. That's 2009-present.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 11:18 AM
i don't think so, your just making thinks up again, more liberal hogwash...

Really? In what way? (Actually, I had hope to get an answer fro Andybegood. He made a claim that I felt was worth challenging). What part is "hogwash", and how so?

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 11:15 AM
please quote the whole post, not just parts of it....

You're right. my quote mis-characterized your entry. I'm not sure I understand why you included something about "lazy cops". That's what jumped out at me.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 11:11 AM
I don't really care WHY they're doing it. I doubt that the women of Saudi Arabia do either. I agree, however that there's lots of room for back-peddling. Just the indication that the King is vulnerable to international public pressure is encouraging to me.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 11:07 AM
if you like lazy cops...
I like that paid informants help law enforcement put away the bad guys. I watched the sopranos. I like that those guys spend their money in the same stores, restaurants and boat dealerships as ordinary people. And they don't have to commit murder or theft to get that money. It's a way to earn an honest living. Two birds with one stone. Stimulate the economy, put a bad guy in prison. What's the down side? I don't see one.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 10:59 AM
Have you lived there? . . . Iran does not have the prosperity they boast. If anything they are a Middle Eastern North Korea!

When you lived in Iran, did you see the kind of poverty that we read about in N. Korea? Describe that, please. What did you see?

I have never been to either of these countries. I can only go by published numerical figures. N. Korea keeps it's GINI secret. Iran and the United States publish their"s. They are nearly identical. People who make the claim that you make must know something that the rest of us don't.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 10:46 AM
I just at it as a colossal waste of money

How can it be a colossal waste of money when it helps put money in the pockets of people who will spend that money in the consumer markets, helping revive the economy? Especially considering that America's economy is 70% consumer-driven.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 10:17 AM
Also, one person's "slut" is another person's "free spirit". I like to stay away from the blue-nose vocabulary. We have more judgmentalism than we need in the world. The only people who are important here are Goldie and Kurt. Does their relationship work for them? It's really nobody else's business. I find the nosiness inevitable with a movie star, but offensive, nonetheless.

After all, Goldie and Kurt are big boy and girl, fully capable of handling their own problems, if any. the voyeurs should stick to solving their own problems. Like maybe "peeping tom" -ery.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 09:45 AM
Baby steps. Saudi Arabia is no longer immune to worldwide pressure. Perhaps because the King lacks the protections afforded by a powerful American President.

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 09:42 AM
Really!!?? Movie stars have affairs!!?? I'm shocked!!?? Absolutely shocked!!??

no photo
Sun 09/25/11 09:37 AM
Edited by artlo on Sun 09/25/11 09:38 AM
That's why ist's such a good thing to do this and do it whether they want you to or not. Eventually, some of the media will notice and find it newsworthy. The Tea Partiers had their time in the sun. It will take many times that many people who don't like the Tea Party agenda to get their share of the attention. I admire Lunalady for her efforts.

no photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:56 PM
Once again, some right-wingers are disgusted about something. About once a day, isn't it? Whatever sinks your boat, I guess. Tender sensitivities.

no photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:39 PM
Iran's distribution of wealth is almost identical to that in the United States.

IN Tehran MAYBE.

Maybe you know something about Iran that the rest of us don't know. Iran, as whole country, has a whole lot of oil money. It is distributed among the population almost identically to the way America's wealth is distributed amongst its population. Don't really understand what point you're trying to make here.

no photo
Sat 09/24/11 06:38 PM
Now THAT's funny.

no photo
Sat 09/24/11 06:37 PM
what crime was that?

It's been all over the media. All it takes is a prima facie case to bring an action.

no photo
Sat 09/24/11 06:33 PM
We are always told, "tell that to the families of the people he murdered". What do you think they might say. Besides. his capture is good for the for-profit non-union prison industry. You're OK with that, aren't you?

no photo
Sat 09/24/11 06:00 PM
It depends on whether you care more about money or about justice. There's a reason they don't have a statute of limitation for murder.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25