Community > Posts By > indianadave4

indianadave4's photo
Mon 06/25/18 03:20 PM

what was the myth? I never argued about what percentage of anything had pleas.

I was commenting on how many more people were being incarcerated for consensual 'victimless' crimes (like drugs) since the war on drugs began.

Drug use has lots of victims. Children, family, friends, jobs, health, crime, drug dealer/gang violence, innocent neighbors robbed or shot in drug related violence, etc. What our nation needs to do is figure out why people are so bent on escaping reality.

I do feel five years prison sentences for possessing an ounce of weed is excessive. But then in large urban areas these users seem to be back on the street in no time.

Our society is moving at break neck speed and increasing daily. IMO, mankind was not meant to live like this and humans are having a very difficult time dealing with the stress. No, becoming Amish isn't an answer and I don't dislike technology. I would like to post something said by a political leader during the Civil War:

I firmly believe, that before many centuries more, science will be the master of man. The engines he will have invented will be beyond his strength to control. Someday, science shall have the existence of mankind in its power, and the human race commit suicide by blowing up the world.

Henry Adams

indianadave4's photo
Mon 06/25/18 03:00 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Mon 06/25/18 03:04 PM

You obviously missed my point.

The complexity of the interacting patterns within the Universe indicates that reality could not be a simulation.

Scientific study has established life spans of every living creature.

That we know about.

The science of genetics proves that with time the dna of all living creatures deteriorate leading to death.

That we know about.

Yes, science has a limited view but those in science often make assumptions because of limited information in order to come to the conclusions they believe in.

Assumptions is not science. Reality is science and reality is constantly changing. This is because we live in a dynamic Universe.

The only reason the universal laws exist as they do right now is because we have not found them broken in our observations and testing.
At one time, we thought that photons were waveforms but we now know they are both waveforms and particles.

What we assume to understand about black holes is limited to observations of the result of a black hole, not the black hole itself.
Personally, I don't think they are black or a hole. I think they are superwhite and a particle (singularity). Nothing falls into a black hole, things fall onto the singularity. Until science finds a way to extract realtime data from beyond the event horizon, we will never know.

The latest "discovery" is Dark Energy. In some areas of science they claim that areas of darkness contain large amounts of energy.

The main obstacle is the same scientists say dark energy is not measurable and doesn't interact with our universe. For the next 20 years this idea will, probably, gain popularity and be accepted as "fact" until it is finally disproved. In the mean time deceiving those who don't understand physics.

There are a number of physicists who are asking if this theory is immeasurable and doesn't interact with matter how do they know it exists?

Their response: we observed something in galactic rotation that we don't understand thus this theory was developed.

Science? No. A theory to be placed on the shelf until proven? Yes.

indianadave4's photo
Sun 06/24/18 04:47 PM

Computer simulating programs (including artificial intelligence) are only as accurate as the individual(s) programming them. Before retiring I worked for an audio amplifier manufacturer and they owned several variations of IG Spice. This program allowed an engineer to design a circuit and simulate it's functionality. Fifteen years ago I played with this program. The one big off fall is there are stray unknown elements that effect a design and unless one enters each and every one (impossible to know) a perfect design is impossible. This is why prototypes are required. When prototypes are build they always display abnormalities that the engineer has to address by tweaking the circuit. To date simulations cannot provide a fully functional end product.

The same goes for artificial intelligence (AI). My first experience with AI was in the early 1990's. I was attempting to develop a program that could be used by our companies service centers in order to service a product when technical staff was not available on the phone. Though I had 20 years experience there are always odd problems that one forgets or later learns about. AI is only as good as the information programmed into it and no one knows everything.

stray unknown elements
In other words = Chaos

In order for there tho be a perfect simulation of the Universe (we are part of the Universe, not separate), everything must be completely understood. Not only what is happening and does exist but all possible scenarios of what could exist and could happen.
To do this, one would have to know everything about everything, everywhere, everywhen and know all the possible variations that could happen which would cause you to know what can't exist or occur.

If an entity understands everything and all possible outcomes, chaos is eliminated because even tho we may not recognize the patterns in chaos doesn't mean those patterns do not exist.
It would require a complete elimination of ignorance.

The Universe exists in a constant change. The Butterfly Effect is real.
People usually don't understand the effects of the Butterfly Effect.
Basically, it is 'cause and effect' governed by Universal laws of physics.
The recent confirmation of gravitation waves supports the Butterfly Effect. Quantum displacement supports the Butterfly Effect.
The Butterfly effect supports chaos but even at its smallest manifestation there is a pattern, we just can't follow that pattern because it is too complex.
In addition, those individual chaotic patterns make up other more complex patterns.
In order to have a simulation of exact performance like implied, the programmer would need to know not only the major chaotic pattern but all possible minor patterns as well.

Chaos is the 2nd law of thermodynamics (entropy) in practice. No matter how well we understand this universe we'll never be able to overcome entropy. Everything is slowly winding down.

The term, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the metaphorical example of the details of a tornado (the exact time of formation, the exact path taken) being influenced by minor perturbations such as the flapping of the wings of a distant butterfly several weeks earlier.

While this is possible in the sub-atomic areas there are limits to the observation of this effect. Yes, one improperly written "word" in a computer program can cause the program to stop and has been observed. A butterfly flapping it's wings causing a tornado has never been observed. The problem comes in where the improbable theory sounds good and is used as absolute proof of ideas that can't be proven any other way. Similar to "if a monkey could dance on a piano for one million years it could produce Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata". They are trying to prove what is real by circumstances that are impossible.

1. Monkeys don't live for a million years
2. A monkey would not remain on the piano keyboard

How do you know a monkey can't live for a million years?
Have you lived for a million years and observed that no monkeys lived for a million years?
Have you ever observed a monkey on a piano keyboard?

Things in this Universe interact with other things constantly.
Forget the butterfly, its insignificant.
A pattern may exist but we can't tell.
Our perspective is taken from a limited view.
Relativity restricts our ability to see the patterns of interaction.
Entropy may be a pattern as well.
We have a limited view.

For everything in reality to be a simulation would require programming that accounts for every possible interaction.
If it doesn't, it will affect our view
The complexity of the interacting patterns within the Universe indicates that reality could not be a simulation.

Scientific study has established life spans of every living creature. If questioning this the proof is on the one claiming that this variation has existed.

The science of genetics proves that with time the dna of all living creatures deteriorate leading to death. Claims outside of this have to be proven, documented and submitted for peer group testing that should lead to the same result.

Statistical analysis has been used and abused to prove anything and everything. Yes, science has a limited view but those in science often make assumptions because of limited information in order to come to the conclusions they believe in.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 06/23/18 06:05 PM

the 'right way' happened to favor white Europeans who had been in the states for two years already ... times have changed ... the comparison is not quite the same. ...

Ellis Island was not the cake wake that modern society portrays it. There were 4 points that all Europeans were evalated on. Not meeting all four of these points were grounds for being placed on the next boat back to Europe. All immigrants were informed of the requirements before they boarded their ship:

1. Not having proof of identity and date of birth
2. Criminal history
3. Mental illness
4. Long tern illness. All immigrants received a basic medical examination. If one was sick they were placed in an infirmary with medical treatment. Parents were separated from children and male and female family members were separated in different buildings. If still sick after 10 days they were returned to their home country.

My mothers parents came from Germany (1912) and my fathers parents came from Sweden (1900). In their words lots of Europeons were repatriated back to their country of origin.

If the above four requirements were still in place the news media would call it unfair. Again, Ellis Island was not the cake wake.

I wonder how they had 'proof' of no criminal history in the 17 or 18th century.

The large European influx took place in the late 19th century and early 20th century. Large cables were laid across the Atlantic ocean from England to the New York area and used Morse code to communicate. Major news was relayed back and forth. Daily news papers were shipped both ways as well. Immigration kept track of names, locations and crimes committed.

By the end of the 19th century passports were required by most western countries. Birthdays and places were documented in European countries by Churches when children were both born and baptized. So access to and documentation of population records didn't begin in the 20th century. No, not as accurate but it still existed. In fact, my grand mother (mothers side) used the family Bible (with the priests signature) as proof of her birth date.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 06/23/18 02:40 PM

Computer simulating programs (including artificial intelligence) are only as accurate as the individual(s) programming them. Before retiring I worked for an audio amplifier manufacturer and they owned several variations of IG Spice. This program allowed an engineer to design a circuit and simulate it's functionality. Fifteen years ago I played with this program. The one big off fall is there are stray unknown elements that effect a design and unless one enters each and every one (impossible to know) a perfect design is impossible. This is why prototypes are required. When prototypes are build they always display abnormalities that the engineer has to address by tweaking the circuit. To date simulations cannot provide a fully functional end product.

The same goes for artificial intelligence (AI). My first experience with AI was in the early 1990's. I was attempting to develop a program that could be used by our companies service centers in order to service a product when technical staff was not available on the phone. Though I had 20 years experience there are always odd problems that one forgets or later learns about. AI is only as good as the information programmed into it and no one knows everything.

stray unknown elements
In other words = Chaos

In order for there tho be a perfect simulation of the Universe (we are part of the Universe, not separate), everything must be completely understood. Not only what is happening and does exist but all possible scenarios of what could exist and could happen.
To do this, one would have to know everything about everything, everywhere, everywhen and know all the possible variations that could happen which would cause you to know what can't exist or occur.

If an entity understands everything and all possible outcomes, chaos is eliminated because even tho we may not recognize the patterns in chaos doesn't mean those patterns do not exist.
It would require a complete elimination of ignorance.

The Universe exists in a constant change. The Butterfly Effect is real.
People usually don't understand the effects of the Butterfly Effect.
Basically, it is 'cause and effect' governed by Universal laws of physics.
The recent confirmation of gravitation waves supports the Butterfly Effect. Quantum displacement supports the Butterfly Effect.
The Butterfly effect supports chaos but even at its smallest manifestation there is a pattern, we just can't follow that pattern because it is too complex.
In addition, those individual chaotic patterns make up other more complex patterns.
In order to have a simulation of exact performance like implied, the programmer would need to know not only the major chaotic pattern but all possible minor patterns as well.

Chaos is the 2nd law of thermodynamics (entropy) in practice. No matter how well we understand this universe we'll never be able to overcome entropy. Everything is slowly winding down.

The term, coined by Edward Lorenz, is derived from the metaphorical example of the details of a tornado (the exact time of formation, the exact path taken) being influenced by minor perturbations such as the flapping of the wings of a distant butterfly several weeks earlier.

While this is possible in the sub-atomic areas there are limits to the observation of this effect. Yes, one improperly written "word" in a computer program can cause the program to stop and has been observed. A butterfly flapping it's wings causing a tornado has never been observed. The problem comes in where the improbable theory sounds good and is used as absolute proof of ideas that can't be proven any other way. Similar to "if a monkey could dance on a piano for one million years it could produce Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata". They are trying to prove what is real by circumstances that are impossible.

1. Monkeys don't live for a million years
2. A monkey would not remain on the piano keyboard

indianadave4's photo
Sat 06/23/18 02:12 PM

the 'right way' happened to favor white Europeans who had been in the states for two years already ... times have changed ... the comparison is not quite the same. ...

Ellis Island was not the cake wake that modern society portrays it. There were 4 points that all Europeans were evalated on. Not meeting all four of these points were grounds for being placed on the next boat back to Europe. All immigrants were informed of the requirements before they boarded their ship:

1. Not having proof of identity and date of birth
2. Criminal history
3. Mental illness
4. Long tern illness. All immigrants received a basic medical examination. If one was sick they were placed in an infirmary with medical treatment. Parents were separated from children and male and female family members were separated in different buildings. If still sick after 10 days they were returned to their home country.

My mothers parents came from Germany (1912) and my fathers parents came from Sweden (1900). In their words lots of Europeons were repatriated back to their country of origin.

If the above four requirements were still in place the news media would call it unfair. Again, Ellis Island was not the cake wake.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/22/18 11:06 PM

Do you understand the difference between low socioeconomic and poverty . perhaps go visit the slums in India ..and compare that to your perception of western poverty :angel:

yes and the slums in India could possibly visit wore torn countries with beheadings ...

saying 'it could be worse' does not deny that it is bad or needs to improve
how much do you think the cost is for a person to survive living in the slums or any other impoverished country is .. I read a report that quoted a $1.25 a day . How would you judge or compare their quality of life to a beneficiary ??

I would compare some things similar and some things not .... are we gonna double down on the 'its worse someplace else' argument though?

No, comparing our nation to other nations does not resolve anything. I do feel we have poor, destitute and homelessness that needs to be addressed before we allow multitudes of poor and homeless in from other countries. State governments (especially in the SW) are having to provide much needed money feeding and providing medical care for those coming into the country illegally instead of helping our own. Our priority should be helping our citizens who need help first. The democrate's and news media don't seem to see it that way.

AS a democrat myself, I dont think we can have only 'one priority' there are far too many issues to be tackled for us to tackle them only one at a time. I believe we can work on helping 'our own' and finding humane ways to deal with those who are here without proper documentation.

I understand your point but to want open boarders is a move to financial and social chaos. And there are both democrate's and some republican's who have advocated this avenue. Those entering legally should be integrated into our nation but illegal entry needs to be curtailed.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/22/18 06:36 PM

Do you understand the difference between low socioeconomic and poverty . perhaps go visit the slums in India ..and compare that to your perception of western poverty :angel:

yes and the slums in India could possibly visit wore torn countries with beheadings ...

saying 'it could be worse' does not deny that it is bad or needs to improve
how much do you think the cost is for a person to survive living in the slums or any other impoverished country is .. I read a report that quoted a $1.25 a day . How would you judge or compare their quality of life to a beneficiary ??

I would compare some things similar and some things not .... are we gonna double down on the 'its worse someplace else' argument though?

No, comparing our nation to other nations does not resolve anything. I do feel we have poor, destitute and homelessness that needs to be addressed before we allow multitudes of poor and homeless in from other countries. State governments (especially in the SW) are having to provide much needed money feeding and providing medical care for those coming into the country illegally instead of helping our own. Our priority should be helping our citizens who need help first. The democrate's and news media don't seem to see it that way.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/22/18 03:12 PM

We had 2 women lay out of work because a man got parole. They both ended up pregnant again. One baby #2 and the other baby #3. One man took the woman's car to go screw another woman when she finally came back to work. It's mothers responsibility that their kids have and not tax payers. It's time leaders in minority communities teach this.

2 women out of work because a man got parole ?
Who are these minority community leaders?
At least you don't stereotype or generalise.

Statistic don't lie. Pretending a problem doesn't exist, won't make it go away. Oprah seems to want to be an inspiration to her people. Just doesn't want to say the things that need to be said. Kanye is a Trump supporter so he is on the right path. Maybe blm should teach their people how to have a better life instead of continuing a welfare cycle.

maybe congress (white lives matter) should teach their people how to cope with adversity and disappointment, instead of picking up guns and mowing people down ..

wow, look at that, generalization works both ways ...

Most mass shooters have been Caucasian. However, the majority of gang violence and drug wars have been by black and Latino Americans. One needs to view the entire picture.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/22/18 03:05 PM

They have the right to get a job.

Slight disagreement: they have a legal right to try:

The right to life, liberty and the "pursuit of happiness".

The constitution does not guarantee every citizen a job. It does guarantee access to education and freedom from various forms of discrimination to obtain work according to their skill set and willingness to try.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/22/18 02:06 PM

indianadave4's photo
Thu 06/21/18 07:50 PM
Please understand that when men read women's profiles it seems women use the same outline. While how they place the information may vary they all seem to say the same thing. Beginning with I'm not here for a FWB relationship and somewhere insert the phrases "friends first" and then "I love to laugh".

Once in a while I'll run across a woman's profile where she used some ingenuity and I enjoy reading what she has to say. After reading countless profiles and they, more or less, say the same thing some men assume they all will say the same thing. So they stop reading profiles and just look at pictures.

Fair for the individual women who are creative: no. But then it's just as unfair for women to assume that ALL men want to rush relationships and do it because of their testosterone.

indianadave4's photo
Sun 06/17/18 11:43 PM
I have a relative who is married. Things are a bit tight but not bankrupt. She's decided to divorce husband/dad in order to obtain a better standard of living

A young couple has sex and the lady becomes pregnant. First mistake: the state allows the dead beat dad to get away without paying support, thanks to the democrats. If she continuous to have more children out of wedlock the state pays for the medical bills, housing, food and school fees. Once a local gynecologist offered to perform free DNC's to stop the baby factory. Liberals screened that's unfair. Another individual suggested the government only pay for ONE OOPS (one child) after that the responsibility is on the girl and boy friend. Again the local liberals had a hay day on the news protesting this one.

The liberals are propagating out of wedlock child birth and forcing middle class Americans to pay for it.

indianadave4's photo
Sun 06/17/18 10:29 PM
In my 20's it was fashionable to be engaged for, roughly, 6 to 12 months. Some of that time was to arrange all of the festivities. Now, it seems to me, an engagement period includes adjusting to the idea of "Till death do us part".

From the few individuals whom I have known that have lived together before marrying, cohabitation does not bring the mental commitment that saying I do does. IMO, living together is not only against scriptural teaching but can be misleading.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/15/18 12:50 AM
It seems to me when American parents commit a crime their children are placed in foster care by Child Protection Services. These parent(s) illegally crossing the boarder are breaking federal immigration laws so why should they be treated better than American citizens? Surely the democrat's and news media understand this practice. So this seems to be another political maneuver to make the president look bad.

indianadave4's photo
Tue 06/12/18 10:19 PM
It's human nature that people want some amount of physical attraction in order to become involved in a romantic relationship. When young, attractiveness was more important. Yes, as we age we take into account aging but to some degree we all still want some amount of physical attraction.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/08/18 02:21 PM
Until recently evolutionists have claimed that the Colorado River carved out the Grand Canyon. For nearly 50 years those who accept the creation model have shown the difficulties with the evolution model. The elevation of the entrance area to the Grand Canyon is 3318 feet. As one views the USGS elevation map the Grand Canyon is not a valley that the river runs through but a mountain ridge:

https://elevationmap.net/533-marina-parkway-page-az-86040-usa#latlng=(36.97663304733936,-111.4514163955833)

Clicking ones mouse at various points on this web site displays the elevation. The highest peak is 8128 feet. So the question is how does river water flow uphill from 3318 feet to 8128 feet? This is an elevation of 4810 feet that the Colorado River would have to have flowed up hill!

This nonconformity was published 45 years ago and vigorously discounted by geologists who adhere to evolution. After all this time some geologists are admitting that the river could not have created the Grand Canyon. Some geologists now theorize that geological tectonic plate movement (over 4 million years) created the Canyon. However, when looking at the sides of the Canyon the erosion patterns are horizontal: giving credence to the idea of a massive movement of water. If only tectonic plate movement were involved then the patterns should be vertical only.

The creationist view is that both happened. During Noah's flood there was seismic activity as well as massive movements of water.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 06/08/18 12:38 AM

No pudding = no proof.

Show me proof of any deity.

Not "look at the flowers/stars/ crystals/beauty of X, that's so perfect/intricate/unlikely etc. that surely it is proof that god made it"

Not ancient writings of what some guy thousands of years ago believed.

Not that millions of people believe X for thousands of years so it must be true.

Not because ancient statues or carvings or songs can be seen/heard.

Something not reliant on "faith". Any proof ?

One doesn't truely believe in God by blind faith. God has to open our eyes to his reality before we truly believe. One has faith in a friend or family member because they have a relationship with them. They know how they act and react, thus they have faith (confidence) in the person themself.

If one has an open heart God will reveal himself. Until this revelation comes people can believe in a higher power but never have a true understanding of God.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 06/07/18 08:14 PM

How can you differentiate between someone who is mentally unstable and someone who is just pi##ed off with a situation?

A mental issue will have a track record. Family, friends, school, business, police doctor, etc.The usual comment one hears is "we knew he had issues but no one did anything". Anyone can get upset with a situation but the VAST majority never take it to murder.

There are two other reasons:

1. Drug wars
2. Gangs

With Drugs and gangs most (at least where I live) obtain their guns illegally.

indianadave4's photo
Thu 06/07/18 08:02 PM

Is there still true and real women out there ?

Usually a question asked by someone who has been hurt in the past and hasn't gotten over it yet.