Community > Posts By > indianadave4

indianadave4's photo
Fri 08/19/16 05:39 PM
Christian busy-ness affecting our lives.

The busy-ness of Christians is a narcotic. It leads to double mindedness. It's a mass of connections, a stimuli of activity, ever increasing calls upon our time. The more impossible it is to understand the danger we are in. The mirror of God's Word is there but we have to stand still long enough to see a reflection. The busy man (or woman) is moving so fast we have no time to reflect. We rush by now and see nothing. We may even carry the "mirror" in our luggage but we doesn't take it out to see and correct ourself.

Worst of all the busy man or woman is worse than a person with a life killing disease. The individual with the deadly disease see's the symptoms growing worse. But the busy individual has a condition that they become more and more comfortable with, the disease of busy-ness is easier to excuse. We become less prayerful, less conscious about the things of God and our convictions begin to wain and finally our actions prove that we have lost the heat of our convictions.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 08/19/16 05:18 PM
Because they can.

indianadave4's photo
Fri 08/19/16 05:08 PM
The Ford Edsel was a well made automobile with innovative features that were ahead of it's time. But a lot of people thought it was an ugly boat. It sold for three years (1957, 1958 and 1959) before discontinuation. It was named after Henry Fords son Edsel Ford. Had Ford put these innovative features in a body style that people liked (for example: Ford Fairlane) it would have sold for more than 3 years.

In, almost , every marketplace LOOKs are the "INITIAL" drawing card to get the public's attention. Call it shallow if you want but Marketing 101 teaches it:

The 1965 Ford Falcon and the 1965 Ford Mustang were built on the same chassis and had the same engine. The only difference: "looks and shape of the body of the car. Which one did the public like?

After finding a 1) decent looking model car people begin checking out (2 performance capabilities and then 3) reliability factors. All three of these come into play.

Question: you're out looking for a used car and found a 1965 Ford Mustang and a 1965 Ford Falcon at similar prices and condition sitting in someones front yard (little old grandma selling cars that had been sitting in her barn for 30 years) which one would you purchase?

Dating has similar attracting characteristics when compared to sales. To expect different is unrealistic. This doesn't mean a #10 is expected but there has to be some amount of physical attraction.

indianadave4's photo
Tue 07/26/16 01:31 PM
I wonder if Monica Lewinsky will be the Vice President.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 06/04/16 02:31 PM
With the price of your heart.

indianadave4's photo
Sat 06/04/16 02:25 PM
Why do all marriage cheating stories begin with emphasizing the husband as the cheater? While going through the divorce I visited numerous counseling sites looking for help. One thing of interest came to my attention: on average (statistically) 91% of married men who have affairs have that affair with a married woman.

If out of 100 husbands who are unfaithful there are 91 wives who are having affairs with these 100 husbands. So this raises a question:

Either a few married women are sleeping with a boat load of men or more married women are less faithful than they claim.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 06:03 PM
Stereo type comment: Why is it when u go on an app like this 99% just want sex out of it?

Stereo type comment: Why is it when u go on an app like this 99% (of women) just want money out of it?

Are both stereo type comments true?

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:58 PM
I waited until marriage. At 26 it was a bit difficult waiting but it felt good to look my new wife (as I closed the hotel room door behind me) and said you are the first one.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:43 PM
The comment "I love to laugh".

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:38 PM
Would depend on the relationship.

If a stranger I "might" ask why.

If a friend or family member I'd definitely ask if we could sit down and discuss why.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:32 PM
Ten years older.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:27 PM
If prostitution is illegal,,,,why do some locations seem to overlook it

It depends on how big the community is and the moral make up of said community. I would assume Chicago Police put less emphasis on arresting prostitutes because they are so busy with murder, robbery, drug busts, etc. It just isn't high on their list because they have so many higher priority crimes to deal with.

However, 90 miles away a prostitute working the streets of Lakeville, Indiana (population 786) would take a much higher priority form the one local full time police officer.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:12 PM
When God intervened in my life on January 7, 1972 at roughly 8:30pm.

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 05:07 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Wed 05/11/16 05:08 PM
Emotion is E-Motion: Energy-in-Motion. A reaction to circumstances in or around someone according to their understanding and involvement. Emotions can be considered the thrust, the drive, the vitality of the energy of in ones life.

Emotions have some control in the direction(s) our lives take. Of course, emotions need to be kept under control so we need to be able to balance emotions with common sense (logic).

indianadave4's photo
Wed 05/11/16 04:50 PM
All of the above, not just one. They all combine to make up an attractive woman. In a deep romantic relationship each has it's place and time to move the relationship forward.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 02/22/16 08:02 PM

If we're all honest first impressions include two items;

1. Is their photo anywhere close to reality?

2. Does their personality come anywhere close to what is described in their profile?

If they carry 30 to 50 pounds more than their picture, are 10 to 20 years older and don't possess an award winning personality this leaves a bad first impression of being dishonest.

That assessment can be tricky. People can look fatter or slimmer in pics according to the lighting, the angle and the clothes they are wearing. That doesn't mean they are lying about their appearance.

And personalities are dynamic things. Two people can interact with the same person and have completely different impressions about that person and sometimes it simply has to do with chemistry or lack of chemistry between two combined energies. A person could be bubbly with one person and quiet and colourless with another, and it could simply be a result of incompatible energy. It is all subjective and in the end, a person's profile description is NOT the sum total of who they are, but that doesn't make them dishonest.

Photos making one look a few extra pounds different and a couple of years different is one thing. Even a photo won't make a person look 50 pounds lighter.

There are two items I look at before anything else: her age (needs to be somewhat close to mine) and her location. If she's 100 miles away I don't need to go any further.

At my age a typical woman will have a "few" extra pounds, some wrinkles and silver hair. This is normal and not a problem. When her photo has no wrinkles, her physique is that of a 40 year old woman and her hair doesn't have the colorized look (blond, brown or black) she's uploaded an older picture. At my age I can recognize if a woman is old enough to be in her 50's or 60's. We all know this and to deny it is to deceive ourself. Some say "I don't look my age". Maybe by a few years but not by 20 years.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 02/22/16 04:37 PM

Why people feel that it is always the guy`s fault for anything wrong in a relationship

Take note of how men are portrayed in movies, tv sitcoms, commercials, music, talk shows and political discussions. Over the last 40 years the media has begun degrading men. It's so common place that even men put themself down. During the 50's through early 70's you never saw this.

Typically men appear as dumb, fat, uneducated bafoons. Women have rolls of being smart, attractive, and educated. After 40 years of this philosophy society, unconciously, begins to beleive this. What is dangerous is the younger generation of boys and girls are fed this day in and day out. Even though it's "entertainment" when a society watches this night and day they begun to believe this.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 02/22/16 04:17 PM
If we're all honest first impressions include two items;

1. Is their photo anywhere close to reality?

2. Does their personality come anywhere close to what is described in their profile?

If they carry 30 to 50 pounds more than their picture, are 10 to 20 years older and don't possess an award winning personality this leaves a bad first impression of being dishonest.

indianadave4's photo
Mon 02/22/16 04:07 PM
Edited by indianadave4 on Mon 02/22/16 04:09 PM

Men who appear to have been using the same photo for years.

Both men and women do this. I can't speak for men's pictures, however, it's very apparent that somewhere around 1/3 of women within 25 miles of me use photos from their late 30's to mid 40's. My search age range is 55 to 67 because I'm 65. I've seen a few who actually used their high school photo.

I've, also, seen pictures that it is very obvious they used Photoshop to fix up their photograph.

This is dishonesty. If they (men and women) are dishonest about the age of photo they are using and/or modified it what else are they being dishonest about?

indianadave4's photo
Thu 11/26/15 04:23 PM
There are groups that go by the name of Fat Admirers. Some even have national meetings. They advertise that somewhere between ten to fifteen percent of men fall into this category.

Some men, who are in this group, like bigger women than others. Just enter Fat Admirers in your search engine and you'll find numerous dating sites. As an example at the top of the list was the following site:

http://www.fatdatingservice.com/

Most men aren't attracted to BBW sized women even though some, themself, have their bellies hanging over their belt which is a bit hypocritical.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next