Community > Posts By > Lili_M

Lili_M's photo
Fri 03/04/11 02:27 PM
Unwrap slowly...contents under pressure

Lili_M's photo
Thu 03/03/11 06:50 PM

Central Oregon Coast...6 months here now

LOVE IT, feels like 'home'

I want to move to the coast. In fact I have been looking for teaching positions but no luck so far. I love the ocean the smell the sound...ahh so nice

Lili_M's photo
Wed 03/02/11 10:05 PM
How did you get there?
RYHOM

Lili_M's photo
Wed 03/02/11 09:32 PM
Jezebel

Lili_M's photo
Wed 03/02/11 08:36 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Wed 03/02/11 08:43 PM
I think its scary how close we all are to being homeless at any time.

In 2002 I was working as a senior engineer making a very comfortable living. Owned a home had a new car and was putting away over $1000 a month in my 401K. Pretty DAMN good for a single African American woman.

Then during a medical leave I get a call, you're part of the companies latest round of layoffs.....craaaappp

I used the unemployment money to go back to school (once again)after a year I got a job in a research lab. Which lead to my current situation..

But what if I didn't have a college degree...or what if my kids were younger...

Its all so tenuous...

Lili_M's photo
Wed 03/02/11 05:38 PM

I just got Valentines Day, but i am going to save it for tomorrow probably.

Is that the one with Ashton Kutcher?

I really liked that one.

Lili_M's photo
Tue 03/01/11 10:00 PM
I married a Mr. Wrong then divorced after 10 years(got 3 great kids outa the deal..not so bad). Since then I have kissed a few Mr. Wrongs..your right you have to give them a chance.

Maybe there isn't a Mr. Right but only a Mr. RightNow or a Mr. GoodEnough

I like to stay open to possibilities...not set my expectations then wait around for someone that fulfills them...better to experience what is in front of you...and make the best it

Lili_M's photo
Tue 03/01/11 09:52 PM

wuts wrong wit ppl these days they say they want love but then they won't let love luv them they say they want sum1 who will treat them right but then they act a fool all the lies and heartache is it really worth it?

Worth it or not...its the only game in town.

Lili_M's photo
Tue 03/01/11 09:50 PM
First you have to kiss a lot of Mr. Wrongs for comparison.

Lili_M's photo
Tue 03/01/11 09:07 PM

I love netflix.
I watched The Machinist
I liked it. Christian Bale gave a disturbing performance.
So use to seeing him as sexy and here he was NOT NOT NOT.

That was a good movie.

Have you seen the movie Falling Down? I think that's the name of the movie. This guy gets fired from work and has quite an adventure as he deceides to walk home. It's a good thriller.

I haven't seen that one. I'll have to give it a try.

Lili_M's photo
Mon 02/28/11 08:45 PM

I live in Portland Oregon. The great Pacific Northwest. I like it here because the air is clean, the water is drinkable and its not too crowded. I grew up in southern California..smog...foul water..and overcrowded.

Mountains all around and the beach to the west. Its always green.

It rains and rains and rains I love it. As a matter of fact its raining right now...

Why Nampa Id? I drive through there on my way to Boise to visit my daughter and my new grandson...he's a cutie.

Why Nampa? Because I met the most wonderful man on this site close to four years ago and he asked me to marry him. Idaho is soooo much cheaper to live in compared to NY and I love the feel and peacefulness of it.

Well that is certainly a good reason. Hope it works out. And Congrats!

Lili_M's photo
Mon 02/28/11 08:02 PM
Is that a banana in your pocket or....you know the rest

Lili_M's photo
Mon 02/28/11 07:21 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Mon 02/28/11 07:24 PM
I'm watching Queer as Folk season 1.

Love it. The characters are so well developed, the acting is great, the one liners are hilarious and....gay sex is HOT.

Gale Harold...yum..

Love the music too.

Lili_M's photo
Mon 02/28/11 06:52 PM

Just saw PRIMER- sci fiction about two guys who build a time traveling machine. . or a machine which actually causes them to time travel. . .it gets crazy but it was good. While talking to the guy at video store also brought the movie PIE which is under the Symbol Pi. . check it out also a good one. .

I have inception for tonight.

PRIMER was one of those surprises. It was really good. The story was so interesting that the low budget effect really didn't matter or maybe even added to the story.

Lili_M's photo
Mon 02/28/11 06:49 PM
I love netflix.
I watched The Machinist
I liked it. Christian Bale gave a disturbing performance.
So use to seeing him as sexy and here he was NOT NOT NOT.

Lili_M's photo
Sun 02/27/11 11:55 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Sun 02/27/11 11:56 PM

have any one gotten relief from anti depressent medications?

The trick is to find the right one for you. SSRI's didn't work for me but wellbutrin is working great. Prozac gave me a terrible headache, zoloft put me to sleep.

Don't get a prescription from a general practitioner. You need to see a qualified psychiatrist. Talk about your symptoms as honestly and in detail as possible. They need to be able to distinguish between depression, anxiety, bi-polar, personality disorders...etc.

It may take a while to find the right combination of drugs and correct dose,but for me it was worth it.

As a student of neuroscience...I believe in the effectiveness and the science behind antidepressants...

One last thing to think about...is your depression chronic or situational? Treatment for depression following divorce might be different than treatment for the person who can't get out of bed but doesn't know why..

Good luck

Lili_M's photo
Sun 02/27/11 11:38 PM

Well, it sucks that you feel this way too. Knowing what I feel and think every day, I don't wish this on anyone. At the same time, though, it helps knowing that I'm not the only one (please don't take that the wrong way). It makes me think that because other people go through this, maybe there's someone out there that understands this enough that I may be able to talk to. Thanks for your honesty, thanks for the offer.

A therapist once told me I felt this way because as a child I was not given the opportunity to complete a task... so for example you graduate high school...well on to college...you finish college...well find a job...you find a job...so get a promotion...you get a promotion..so blah blah blah

Never feeling a sense of accomplishment because I was constantly pushed to achieve more.

This rang true for me. It didn't solve my problem. But it did provide some comfort and when I really feel hopelessly lost it helps me to remember to stop and look at what I have accomplished instead of dwelling on what I have yet to do.

Hope you can find some comfort in this as well....keep talking to people around you who provide encouragement..

**cliche warning**
Life is too short to spend it in regret and wanting. Be happy right now with what you have.

Lili_M's photo
Sun 02/27/11 11:24 PM
I think for something to be purely evil there has to be some kind of malice. Intention to cause hurt or harm without remorse. Following instinct to survive or eat or protect your young would not qualify as evil.

A machine only follows its programming. So those that programmed it are evil. In the case of the terminator movies...hmmm...ultimately that was us...the human animal...

Lili_M's photo
Sun 02/27/11 11:09 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Sun 02/27/11 11:14 PM
I live in Portland Oregon. The great Pacific Northwest. I like it here because the air is clean, the water is drinkable and its not too crowded. I grew up in southern California..smog...foul water..and overcrowded.

Mountains all around and the beach to the west. Its always green.

It rains and rains and rains I love it. As a matter of fact its raining right now...

Why Nampa Id? I drive through there on my way to Boise to visit my daughter and my new grandson...he's a cutie.

Lili_M's photo
Fri 02/25/11 05:01 PM
Be careful. You may have to deal with the situation because a person can only take so much and then KAPOW they explode.

If she is nitpicking then tactfully tell her you prefer to learn on your own.
If you need her advice as a new person, ask her to lunch. Honey not vinegar.

Don't let it build till you do something you might regret. Especially if you want to keep that job.

Believe me there are people like her in everything you do and everywhere you go. Let her be a lesson on how to deal with them.