Community > Posts By > Lili_M

Lili_M's photo
Sun 03/13/11 09:52 PM
I think their accents are kinda sexy...cheerio

Lili_M's photo
Sun 03/13/11 09:49 PM
If we were in junior high school that would mean she likes you and you should tug on her ponytail....

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 10:40 PM
Are they anatomically correct?

Are they recyclable?

Can I trade them in if they are all used up and a little raggedy around the edges?

If so, I would like to place a standing order for one every month.

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 09:57 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Sat 03/12/11 10:06 PM

I have 4 scientific research papers published in scientific journals from my research on the effects of morphine, methadone and buprenorphine on neonatal respiration. (all drugs related to heroin abuse)

And two US patents from when I worked as a process engineer in silicon crystal growth.

I am currently pursuing a PhD in BioInformatics and doing research on the genetic components of the effects of alcohol on blood flow patterns in the brain. It aint good folks...

There I tooted my own horn...that's really hard for me...I tend to down play my accomplishments...until someone points them out.. I never think I'm doing very well...

please tell us more about that very salient research!

This is NOT from my research but is a favorite of mine to show college students when I give a lecture.
My research is unpublished and so I can't post it here. I do imaging in the mouse brain.

alcoholBrain by lili_emmy, on Flickr

I forget where I got this image from.

White matter shrinkage and enlarged ventricles. This person is probably severely impaired both mentally and physically. Only 43 years old. Yikes!...that's a scientific term meaning oh my god!

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 02:18 PM
You need to have some pics.
i like the forums because its fun and as you get to know the people looks don't seem to matter anymore.

As for size/weight...there are plenty of us with a few extra pounds. I have not found it to be a problem. But if physical fitness is important to you then you should mention it in your profile.

Good Luck!

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 02:02 PM
An overnight repair mask and teeth whitening strips

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 01:34 PM
These two are the latest couple to be voted off of "The Amazing Race". They never made it to the finish line.....some say they were too busy eating...using each other as the plate....haha (I Truth or dare too)

laugh

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 10:03 AM

in my take, someone who is considered beautiful, is a person who does not care what kind of background you are from, or what religion you believe in, or whether you prefer to be nerdy or popular, who is still always going to adore you in all aspects of you. who perceives that personality beats looks hands down, someone who can be your best friend and your ultimate outlet for emotional things :) also who would appreciate the littlest things in any relationship, such as waiting by the door for you to come home, or cuddling, or just talking for long periods of time whether you are outside walking or staying at home.

a beautiful girl will ALWAYS be there for you, in the good and bad events :)

wow! Nicely said...you should make some girl smile...

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 08:50 AM
Edited by Lili_M on Sat 03/12/11 08:51 AM
No. But my daughter did.

If you wrote a song about your experience on mingle...what genre would it fit into?

Sad country western...my baby done left me she took my truck and my dog
Rap...die MF die MF...
Jazz...scooby dooby doo
etc..

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 08:40 AM
I like it with the first contact...subject line of the email could say something like this

Hello gorgeous
You are adorable

then a brief message about what you find attractive (respectful here NOT luv ur big boobs)

Also when she arrives for the date...you look beautiful...nice I like that

But please don't lay it on thick toward the end of the date...it really just looks like begging for booty...

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 08:34 AM
Edited by Lili_M on Sat 03/12/11 08:55 AM
I see you viewed my profile...

What do you think?
I have been adding to it a little at a time. Had only one picture then added more.
Didn't say much at first then added more as I got to know the site.

:heart: Lili

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 08:34 AM
You might try adding a few photos and expanding on what you are looking for online.

There are a lot of guys out there for us gals to sort through...give them a reason to stop and check your profile.

Hope that helps

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 08:25 AM

Well 4 hours later and I am still getting the cold shoulder. I event went out for a couple of hours and she could have cared less even though I messages her. I am hoping she grows out of this. We are currently in Japan and moving to the US. She is Korean btw. Anyway if this is some way of dealing with stress from something else maybe I can understand. I can't live with it forever and we have talked about this kind of thing before.

Has this behavior gotten worse as the time to move to the US gets closer? Could she be experiencing some anxiety over a life change and trying to force an end to the relationship?

If you suspect this might be the case...the only way to deal with it is by direct questions...

Do you have any hesitations about moving to the US?
If you want to end our relationship don't do it by being mean to me lets talk about it?

I've seen this so many times...did it myself to end my 10year marriage.

Open, honest, everything on the table...sounds cliche but really whats the point otherwise...just gonna waste years of your life dancing around something that can't be fixed...

my $0.02 worth

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 07:43 AM

Tampons

noway that's just wrong...so very wrong...laugh

Lili_M's photo
Sat 03/12/11 07:38 AM
Edited by Lili_M on Sat 03/12/11 07:42 AM

pink teddy and pink feather boa...bowchickawow

Lili_M's photo
Fri 03/11/11 07:58 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Fri 03/11/11 08:00 PM
I've been on two first dates in the last month..and both guys did the same thing.

They talked incessantly about nothing in particular so that I could not get a word in. Then when I did say something they either just kept talking or talked over me before I could finish speaking...

WTF If you wanted to date yourself why invite me? mad rant

Sorry what was the question again? Oh yeah things that turn you off on a first date...yayaya

So anyway I am turned off when the guy does not engage me in the conversation.

Lili_M's photo
Fri 03/11/11 07:27 PM
I've changed my mind and career path several times...nothing wrong with that

started as computer science major back in 1980's (COBOL and FORTRAN and Punchcards)ha showing my age now
went back to school to become a teacher
ended up with a BS Chemical Engineering instead
back to school for Biotechnology
five years in Physiology and Pharmacology lab
back to school program molecular and cellular biology hated bench work
switch to BioInformatics
currently working on my PhD in Bioinformatics

Its a long road to where you end up but the important thing is to get started and keep an open mind along the way

There is nothing wrong with exploring a few different options and don't think you will only do one type of work with a Bachelors degree...with a degree any degree opportunities open up that would not have before.

Good luck!

Lili_M's photo
Fri 03/11/11 07:09 PM
Footy pajamas with the flap on the butt.

Lili_M's photo
Fri 03/11/11 07:03 PM
Edited by Lili_M on Fri 03/11/11 07:04 PM
I've been waiting all day for your response...cause I think I'm real funny...ha :tongue:

Oh ...and I'm bored outa my Frigin mind.

Lili_M's photo
Fri 03/11/11 06:48 PM
I'm here....and I'm bored too.

Friday night and I got nothin to do and no one to do it with.

HELP!