Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Thu 08/28/08 04:38 PM

Its only ridiculous to a fundie.My position is it;s not any of my buisness what a women does with her body and since it is legal ,it's none of yours.

It is all of our business when ANYONE commits murder. The "A woman has a right to determine what happens to her own body" argument becomes moot when she becomes pregnant because at that point she has no right to decide what happens to the other person now growing inside her body that has no voice to speak for itself. You can try and clear your conscious with any lather that will soothe you at the time, but in the end, it is still murder and anyone that commits such a crime against humanity should be jailed the same as if I walked up and shot you dead.

I am as non-religious as a person can get and I still say it is murder to have an abortion. The left in this country wants no one to have any responsibility for anything they do. Nothing is your own fault. The more you tear down the things that make us civilized the more you take us back to the stone age. You don't have to be a religious fundamentalist to see that. Just have a brain and a conscious.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Thu 08/28/08 04:27 PM
Sorry doll, I dont know any in your state

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Thu 08/28/08 01:58 PM

Hmmmmmm.

One could get the distinct impression that some women have a rather low opinion of men by reading this thread.

I would say you need to date a better class of men. Just sayin.

I can see the difference in "man ears" and a REAL man... I'm complaining about the ones with "man ears" who play like real men...

Hi sugar, glad to see you back..

Ahhhh....... Ok then. Back to my last comment then, date a better class of men. Nice to see you again too hot stuff. smooched

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Thu 08/28/08 01:54 PM
Hmmmmmm.

One could get the distinct impression that some women have a rather low opinion of men by reading this thread.

I would say you need to date a better class of men. Just sayin.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Thu 08/07/08 12:11 AM
drinker drinker drinker drinker drinker

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Fri 08/01/08 06:13 AM
Mark Martin has been my guy since the death of Alan Kulwicki

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Wed 07/23/08 05:56 PM

tell me why i cant moan about the current events when i dont agree with pretty much how things are running in our country. theres no sense of trust that anything that the PEOPLE want will happen.

If you do not like the way things are done then get involved in making things change. Personally, I am about ready to take a pitchfork to my state capitol and remove them by force. Don't even get me started about my US Senator!

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Wed 07/23/08 09:58 AM
People that whine about what others drive. I pay my own gas bill thank you very much.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 05:26 PM

I am not religious and I do not believe in religion at all . What I said is 100 % TRUE and I am not going to waste my time on Sunday night doing research for those who do no research at all .

No research? Me? I assure I do more than most of the people on here combined. Or did you not notice the previous posting or many of my other postings this year?

However I did not want to read the entire Koran to find one or two small points. As if I have all month to read one entire book. You made the claim, I only asked you to back it up and show me where.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 05:22 PM

It is the word of Allah and not the words of men

(according to a learned Muslim friend of mine)

So Allah himself, in his own hand wrote this down on paper/tablet/stone? Else it is indeed the word of man.

I will check the Koran verses before I comment on that part.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 03:30 PM
Edited by Jura_Neat_Please on Sun 07/20/08 03:31 PM

The Muslim Hijab is not a cultural issue as some ignorant keep on saying . It is a religious issue as it is mentioned in the Muslim book " Koran ".

Really sam53?

Exactly where? What verses? What pages? Which version? Just saying that it is, so does not make it so.

I have no dog in the hunt at all when it comes to religion. I am not a religious person. I belong to no church. I do not fault or disparage anyone that does save for when they call for my death because I do not agree with them and their faith. Then, I do not care if you worship rabbit droppings, I have a problem with you.

I am also fed up with people crying Bigotry, Racism and discrimination just to get the other side to shut up when you do not agree with them. That is nothing more than cowardice, intellectual dishonesty, manipulation, coercion and intimidation. It also shows lack of a valid counter argument to someone else's point of view. Name calling and swearing is what people do when they have no valid argument left. And that, is the nature of a true bigot.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 02:23 PM
Edited by Jura_Neat_Please on Sun 07/20/08 02:26 PM
My only objection is for ID/Drivers License/Passport and in situations where positive identification is required. Beyond that I could care less. Although it is my understanding that it is actualy a cultural issue, not a religous one.

Just for the record, there is no such phrase as "Seperation of church and state" in The Constitution, The Bill of Rights or any Ammendment.

January 1, 1802, a date that should be well known in American history, and yet possibly all of its significance may have been lost in the ruins of an ongoing debate that still prevails today. This date represents the creation of the phrase, "separation between church and state." However, the origins of the American relationship between church and state date back even further, to the adoption of the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. The First Amendment of the Constitution provides that, "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." By these words, the drafters of the Constitution established that this country would not stand for either an official religion or restrictions on the freedom to practice any such religion. Today, the United States has progressed from a time when First Amendment restrictions on religion simply limited the government's power, to a day in which the Establishment Clause has been interpreted to target religious statements in state institutions. .

Origin of the Phraseology: Separation Between Church and State

A. The Establishment Clause

"Congress shall make no law resecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." This language, taken from the Establishment Clause in the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, is America's first look at the relationship between religion and state institutions. The effect of the Establishment Clause is two-fold. First, it restricts Congress' ability to establish an official religion. Second, the Establishment Clause restricts the government's ability to prohibit an individual's freedom to exercise any such religious practices. Taken literally, the Establishment Clause is the only provision in the United States Constitution that discusses the relationship religion and state have with one another.

B. A Derivation from a General Interpretation of the First Amendment

At first glance, the phraseology "separation between church and state" appears to be an interpretation of the Establishment Clause in the United States Constitution. Rather, the terminology is simply a derivation from a general interpretation of the First Amendment. It was the result of "an inference made from a letter [President Thomas] Jefferson sent to the Danbury Connecticut Baptist Association on January 1, 1802. President Jefferson was responding to a letter written by the Danbury Baptist Association expressing concern about individual religious liberty and its place in the new nation at the time Jefferson's presidency was being initiated. President Jefferson agreed with the religious association that "religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God." Affirming the Establishment Clause within his letter, Jefferson rested any fears the association may have had by expressing his convictions that Congress would "make no law respecting an establishment of a religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, 'thus building a wall of separation between church and state.'" And thus, the nation's concept of a "separation between church and state" was born.

In his letter, the president was quoting the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." Thus, from a simple correspondence, the American notion that religion and government should be kept separate in order to maintain its system of checks and balances emerged. It should be noted that modern interpretations of both the Establishment Clause and Jefferson's creation of the dicta, "separation of Church and State," have been a driving force behind both legislative and judicial decisions, an intention the drafters (President Jefferson and the drafters of the Establishment Clause) may not have considered.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 12:18 PM
The concept of a national level "Boston Tea Party" to make the idiots in DC wake the hell up that we are fed up with this crap.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 12:16 PM
Somebody board up the place?

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 11:52 AM
Concerned

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Sun 07/20/08 11:38 AM
Joy actually is hot. Lots of class too. Most men could not measure up.

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Wed 07/16/08 05:31 AM

Morning all .. welcome back Jura glasses

Thank you Judy........ Good morningdrinker

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Tue 07/15/08 08:27 AM
Overtaxed

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Tue 07/15/08 08:04 AM
glasses

Jura_Neat_Please's photo
Tue 07/15/08 08:03 AM
I support keeping our planet healthy as well. However, .6 degrees Celsius over 30 years is not much to get excited about. I do not support this silly global warming agenda that is really just about controlling our lives and making some people rich, not about keeping the planet healthy or our environment clean.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25