Community > Posts By > LadyValkyrie37

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 11/06/07 08:45 AM
I love that movie! I definately identify with Ally Sheedy's character. I was pretty much "The Basketcase" in middle & high school. Now as an adult, I'm even more so, lol.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 11/06/07 04:43 AM
So many here do not get what magick is. One does NOT need the aid of a Diety (god, goddess, higher power) to practice the art of magick. As I stated earlier even an athiest can practice Magick. Magick comes from within oneself by using the mind, body, and spirit. One can use "props" such as things within Nature or man made things to aid in Magick but ultimately the power of Magick comes from within each of us. The aid of a Diety within the art of Magick is merely a focusing tool for the mind in which the practioner draws their inspiration.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:16 PM
The Goddess Companion

Warrior, here is some ale, mixed
with strong magic and stronger songs,
with honor and spells, strength and charms.
If you want victory, carve the runes
of victory on your swordhilt.
If you want healing, learn the runes
of healing. Learn sea-runes if you want
to go to sea, speech-runes to be eloquent.
But most important: learn mind-runes,
so that, among all people, you will be wisest.
~Scandinavian Lay of Sigrdifa

Oracular traditions like the Scandinavian runes are symbolic languages developed over the ages. They themselves have no power. Tarot cards have no power, coffee grounds have no power, astrological charts have no power. But there is power in the intuitive mind, which uses these symbolic systems to make sense of the chaos of experience.

Our minds can find other ways to tap into intuitive perceptions. Everyone has intuition. It is simply the ability to see patterns that have not yet made themselves visible. It is like looking at a city from the air. Long arterial streets cut across the grid of square blocks, raying out to form distinctive designs. On the ground, we may travel one of these streets, unaware of how it forms the pattern of the city, but from the air nothing could be more obvious. Intuition is like that. Runes and cards can help focus that, but the intuition itself is one of the mind's great powers.

From "The Goddess Companion" by Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Mon 11/05/07 09:14 PM
Today's Goddess: Three Kadlu Sisters
Inuit Autumn Festival (Alaska)

Themes: Summer; Winter; Weather; Banishing
Symbols: Lightning; Thunder

About theThree Kadlu Sisters: Among the Inuit and several other northern tribes, these divine sisters rule the weather, so watch today's ritual closely to see what winter will be like! Children's stories claim that when the Goddesses play together they make thunder and lightning.

To Do Today: Around this time of year, people in Alaska have a playful tug-of-war between summer and winter. Those born in winter take winter's side - those born in summer stand opposite. If the summer side wins, winter will be mild and goodness will prevail. This activity is for children, and it reinforces the idea of seasonal cycles. Place a ribbon in the middle of the tug rope with the name of these sisters painted upon it. When the game is over, see which side the goddess landed upon to know what the weather will be like!

If it rains today, it's a sign of the Goddesses playing together, so get outside and join them (even if cold weather keeps this brief)! Thunder on your right tells of better days ahead. Thunder on your left warns that caution is prudent. Lightning stretching across the sky symbolizes your ability to likewise stretch and grow. Lightning in front of you represents your ability to go forward boldly with your plans, knowing these Goddesses light your way.

From "365 Goddess" By Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Mon 11/05/07 05:44 AM
I thought I would start a thread for us Pagans and I'll add to it hopefully everyday

The Goddess Companion

Hail, Hecate! Underworld Goddess,
you make dogs tremble when you
walk through cemeteries, you make
the blood of the dead run black.
Hail, Hecate! Assist me
in making this potion. Make it
as strong as Circe's, as strong as Medea's,
as strong as that little blonde Perimede's.
~Greek Poet Theocritus, Idyll

The witches decorating homes and offices during this season are caricatures of the crone, the elder woman who represents the third part of the sacred family trinity. In Greek times, the triad of maiden-mother-crone was composed of the spring maiden Goddess Persephone, also known as Kore or Proserpina; the corn mother Demeter; and the dark Goddess Hecate, who walked through the highways with her baying hounds, making magick and mischief.

She was honored with offerings placed at crossroads where three roads met, for which the Romans called her Trivia. Hecate suppers were also held at the dark of the moon, when she was thought to walk the world. Hers was the wisdom that comes in darkness, in pain, in suffering, in dreams. Thus her wisdom is available to all, though few embrace it.

From "The Goddess Companion" by Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Mon 11/05/07 02:01 AM
I thought I would start a thread for us Pagans and I'll add to it hopefully everyday.

Goddess of The Day: Vasudhara

Themes: Religious Devotion, Charity, Thankfulness, Abundance

Symbols: Crow, Golden Items

About Vasudhara: In India, this golden breasted earth Goddess provides us with enough abundance to be able to give back freely of what we receive. Vasudhara's golden color alludes to some solar attributes, including manifesting financial prosperity for those who call upon her. In her wealth giving aspect, Vasudhara sometimes appears as a cow.

To Do Today: Around this date, many churches in the US and Canada begin their annual fund raising campaign by asking parishioners to give back a little of what the divine has given them, While many New Age practionshers don't belong to a church, this idea still holds merit and would please Vasudhara greatly. Donate a little money to a pagan defense fund, for example. Put on something gold to draw the Goddess's prosperity back to you, then buy some good magic books for your library. The proceeds indirectly "give back" to the teachers whom you admire through royalties!

If your schedule allows, stop in at your favorite New Age store and volunteer an hour of your time to give back to the community. Write thank you letters to people who somehow touched your life deeply. Should any of these people live nearby, help them with chores or bring them a special dish for dinner. These acts of kindness are a type of stewardship that reflects Vasudhara's spirit by blessing others.

From "365 Goddess" By Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Mon 11/05/07 01:37 AM
Oh I see, you are wanting to know if there's anyone here who is into Asatru (Norse Heathenism). Which explains your weird message to me. I'm very much into Norse mythology. Lady Valkyrie isn't just my screen name, it's mycraft/magickal name as well. I chose it using numerology... matching it with my Life Path number (which happens to be 1. So, even though my chosen deities are not Norse, I have a very strong connection to the Norse dieties... I am of German decent afterall.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/04/07 05:23 PM
heathen
Function: noun
1 : an unconverted member of a people or nation that does not acknowledge the God of the Bible
2 : an uncivilized or irreligious person

heathen
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English hethen, from Old English hǣthen; akin to Old High German heidan heathen, and probably to Old English hǣth heath
Date: before 12th century
1 : of or relating to heathens, their religions, or their customs
2 : strange, uncivilized

Hmmm... I'm a Pagan and a Witch that does acknowledge the God of the Bible. So, nope, I guess I'm not a heathen.

BTW is that a picture of you from jail or prison? I saw one of you earlier this morning and you were dressed in orange pants and an orange shirt. Are you hoping to get lucky once you get out of jail?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 11/02/07 03:39 PM
I've always been a huge "Charmed" fan. My favorite character has always been Piper. And yes, "Charmed" in on TNT every weekday, twice in the early morning and twice in the evening.

The only thing I don't like about the whole "Charmed" thing is that so many teeny boppers get into Wicca thinking they are going to be like "the Charmed ones." Speaking as a Pagan I have to say that shows like "Charmed" and movies like "The Craft" are NOT a "how to" guide to Wicca or Paganism. But we'll save that rant for the religion section now won't we. lol

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 11/02/07 03:31 PM
I'm a HUGE Anne Rice fan so I love the movies "Interview With A Vampire" and "Queen Of The Damned." I thought the TV show "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" was ... eh ok... but I liked "Angel" a whole lot more. My latest Vampire love is Mick St. John of the TV show "Moonlight" played by the gorgeous Alex O'Loughlin.

What are your favorite Vampire movies, TV shows, or even books of the past or present?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Fri 11/02/07 03:25 PM
I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan. My favorite characters are George and Izzy. I LMAO at Izzy during her and George's "perfect night." That so resembled me, crying at the drop of a hat! laugh

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Thu 11/01/07 07:22 PM
Just to clarify "Ouija" is the name of a specific game based upon various "Talking Boards" of the mid 1800's. The first patent for the "Ouija Board" was granted in 1891.

"Talking Boards," "Spirit Boards," and "Ouija Boards" themselves are not evil. They tools for divination. In the hands of those who are not skilled in the art of divining then yes one could very well have a negative experience. You don't hand a knife to an infant and tell them to cook up a nice meal. So it is with tools for divining such as "Talking Boards." Silly school children or drunken adults playing around with tools for divining is a recipe for disaster.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Thu 11/01/07 06:27 AM
Differentkindofwench, I'm sorry that I'm not responding to other's requests as fast as you would like me to, but I do have a life outside of the internet.

A couple of people have asked about my personal beliefs so here I am ready to explain my personal beliefs. However, be forwarned, I will IGNORE those who have their minds already made up about my spiritual beliefs and are only here to "debate" (argue) or to proselytize. I'm not ignorant of what the Holy Bible says. In fact I was a fanatical fundamentalist Christian for 10 years attending pentecostal churches like The Church of God on a regular basis. I also study other texts such as "The Lost Books of The Bible," "The Pistis Sophia," "The Nag Hammadi Library," and "The Apocrypha." So save us all some time and don't bother trying to convince me that my beliefs are an "oxymoron," wrong, or a lie from the devil himself, because many have tried and have failed to sway me from my beliefs. "Debate" (argue) amongst yourselves but I won't participate.

Everything I say here does not represent what every person who calls themselves a Christian Pagan Witch, Christopagan, Christian Witch, or Christian Wiccan believes in. Just like the different denominations within Christianity differ on doctrines and theologies so do we Pagans.

I'm a Christian Pagan Witch.

I'm a Pagan who has chosen the God of the Holy Bible as their Higher Power. I worship God the Father, Mother Goddess (The Holy Spirit) and their son Jesus the Christ. There are many forms of the Goddess that Christian Pagan Witches, Christopagans, Christian Witches, and Christian Wiccans believe in, such as the Holy Spirit, blessed Virgin Mary, Mary Magdalene, Sophia and Shekhinah all of which can be found within “The Holy Bible,” “The Pistis Sophia,” “The Nag Hammadi Library” and “The Lost Books of the Bible.” Which form of the Goddess one chooses to honor depends upon the person. I prefer to see the Goddess as the Holy Spirit. I focus mainly on the teachings of Jesus whereas modern day Christianity focus on the teachings of Paul... which I like to call Paulianity.

I look to other religious and spiritual beliefs for spiritual guidance such as Satanism (LaVeyan Satanism NOT Luciferian Satanism… there is a difference), Buddhism, Native American Spirituality, and varying aspects of Paganism and Neopaganism. I take from these various beliefs and philosophies what is beneficial to me and leave what is not beneficial to me.

I practice witchcraft. In spite of popular belief witchcraft is not a religion. Witchcraft is the practice of magic. One definition of magick is “the art and science of causing change to occur in conformity with will.” Another definition of magic is “magick is conscious evolution through directing energy.” Witchcraft can be coupled with any religion or no religion. An athiest can practice witchcraft. I choose to practice witchcraft with the aid of my chosen Higher Powers.

I posted the following in another thread, I thought I should post it here.

In Exodus 22:18 the Hebrew word used to describe the that should be killed is "m'khashepah" which means a woman who uses spoken spells to harm others such as causing their death or loss of property. When this verse was translated and the word "m'khashepah" was translated to "witch" I feel is an extremely inaccurate translation. Not every witch practices their craft to harm others. For that matter not every witch is a woman. There have been plenty of male witches throughout history. And no "warlock" does not mean a male witch, it means "an oathbreacker."

In Deuteronomy 18:10-11 the following are the original hebrew words used to describe those who are condemned...

yid'oni: persons who make contact with spirits who are not of God.

sho'el 'ov: making forbidden contact with the dead

qosem q'samim: predicting the future by using lots or a similar system.

m'onen: predicting the future by interpreting signs in nature.

m'nachesh an enchanter, perhaps a snake charmer, because "nachash" means snake.

chover chavar: use of knot-tying to perform magic.

m'khaseph: an evil sorcerer (as in Exodus 22:18); a person using spoken spells to harm others.

doresh 'el hametim: a person who makes contact with the dead - probably by another method than sho'el 'ov.

It is important to point out that the descriptions of the type of people above do not describe every Pagan, Wiccan, or Witch that has every lived. Such practices as described above are not requirements to be a Pagan, Wiccan, or Witch. Personally I only participate in 2 of them... m'onen & qosem q'samim... but I don't think God is going to send me to hell... if there is a hell... for it.

In Galatians 5:19-20 & Revelations 21:8 the key word here is the Greek word "pharmakia" from which the English words "pharmacy," "pharmaceuticals," and "pharmacology" are derived. Interpreted literally, it refers to "the practice of preparing poisonous potions to harm or kill others." So it's safe to say, that this scripture doesn't speak of just ordinary "witchcraft" but rather something more specific, "the practice of preparing poisonous potions to harm or kill others." And as I stated earlier not every Witch practices their craft to harm others. In fact most have strict personal codes of ethics.

The use of Magick can be found within a lot of denominations within Christianity. Take for instance pentecostal denominations such as The Church of God, The Assemblies of God, The Church of Jesus Christ, among many others. Such denominations believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues as spoken of in Acts chapter 2. They believe that when you are Baptized with the Holy Spirit you will become under the influence of the Holy Spirit and speak in an unknown heavenly language, dance under the influence of the Holy Spirit in worship to God, sometimes even have fits of "holy laughter" which is the joy of the Lord coming upon you refreshing you, and sometimes the Holy Spirit will bless you to give you the ability to interpret the "tongues" that are being spoken within the church to benefit the entire Body of Christ. To me this sounds a lot like becoming possessed by an unknown entity. Such possessions occur regularly in religions like Vodou (Voodoo) and Santeria, which many fanatical fundamentalist Christians consider to be evil and "of the devil." Pentecostals also believe in the practice of "laying on of hands" for the healing of physical ailments and the betterment of negative circumstances. To me this is a lot like the practice of Reiki. Pentecostals also used annointing oil (olive oil) before certain prayers. Many Pagans, Wiccans and Witches, use many annointing oils (essential oils, olive oils, ect) before and during prayers and spells. Catholicism is full of ritualistic symbolic magick... incense, oils, drinking from a chalice, eating of bread, prayers in the form of repeatative chants, ect. ... all of which are used by many Pagans, Wiccans, and Witches. Magick is Magick... it is within Christianity as well as Paganism, Wicca, and Witchcraft. The only difference is you will never really find a Christian who will admit that what they practice is Magick. The word Magick is so very taboo within Christianity.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 08:49 PM
Differentkindofwench, you didn't brush any "chip." There is no "chip." You should understand that it seems a little weird that you have questions about my spiritual beliefs and instead of coming to me you ask someone else to answer your questions. To me that seems strange. Oh well... believe what you want. But unless you hear it from me, do NOT assume it is what I believe.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 08:41 PM
anoasis who exactly is DJ? I didn't see a DJ come up with those examples... I did.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 03:19 PM
Spidercmb stated: "Jesus taught that leaders should lead by serving. Jesus washed the feet of his disciples to prove this point. Jesus spent his days teaching the people and healing the sick. Jesus died, not for himself, but for us. Serving others is the truest expression of love."

Call me jaded, but I've learned in the 33 years of my life that doing nothing but opening your home, heart and soul to others time and time again in order to serve the greater good of mankind ends up making you a doormat. Even though I'm a Christian Pagan Witch I take a Laveyan Satanic approach to people... love and help those who deserve it... if someone smacks you on the cheek SMASH them on their cheek... in this way, you will not be taken advantage of and become a doormat, as I have in the past.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 03:13 PM
Differentkindofwench stated: "LadyV, at first I read this and went ----- Wh--at? Sister Shaman 'splained it to me though, so I then went Oh! Okay, that'll work........"

Well, please tell me what exactly this "Sister Shaman tell you about being a Christian Pagan Witch and why didn't you just ask me what a Christian Pagan Witch was? What better way to learn about someone's spiritual beliefs than to ask that person personally? Wouldn't you agree?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 08:24 AM
Campbelltown here... which is between Hershey & Palmyra.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 08:17 AM
Newbie here. Just here for Friends. Whatever happens... happens.

Happy Samhain/Halloween everyone! Don't eat too much candy or drink too much ale!

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 10/31/07 07:17 AM
Christian Pagan Witch here... just call me a Pagan for short. Message me anytime.