Community > Posts By > LadyValkyrie37

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 11:14 PM
The best diet is no diet. Eat sensibly. That means eat three healthy well balanced meals a day and do not over eat. When you have a snack make sure it's something healthy. You don't have to stay away from all fats, sugars, ect. Just use your brain and some will power. Moderation is the key. However, if you have a cholesterol issue stay away from transfats and eat more whole grains such as whole grain breads and pastas. Add some Omega 3 Fatty Acids, such as Fish Oil Capsuls, to help lower that cholesterol. something else to help lower the weight is to stay away from sodas, caffeine, and sugary drinks. Instead drink fresh fruit juices in moderation and lots and lots of water. And the key to this whole thing is get off your butt and exersise. You must exersise and get your heart rate up in order to burn some of those calories off. Eating right is only going to do so much, you must exersise. And don't be discouraged is you don't see the numbers on the scale go down. In fact you might even see the numbers stay the same. But you will feel the difference in your clothes. See, muscle weighs more than fat.. As you burn the fat and those fat cells shrink you are also building muscle and your new body is starting to take a new shape. That's why you might not see the results you want on the scale right away. How do I know all of this. My three children and I see a nutritionist and we are all living this new healthy lifestyle. We are seeing results.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 11:02 PM
lol ok let me clarify. Anyone my age, 30+ have a Facebook. Facebook isn't just for college kids anymore.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 10:44 PM
Does anyone on here have a Facebook?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 10:17 PM

Just because the names of 2 cities come down to us as Sodom and Gomorrah does not mean that was the reason for thier destruction by fire.lot was allowed to live amoung them but he saw and heard thier evil as Peter says. If you look at the angels when they came to abraham he ran to them to humble himself before them and treat them well. He also after the slaughter of the kings went to salem to give the king tithe. The king of Sodom came also and wanted to give to Abraham instead of Yahweh. Abraham would have nothing of it. Then on to Lot he did the same thing he went to the angels and told them to come to his house and he would humble himself and wash their feet and feast with them. The people wanted the angels they knew who they were. They did not want them thier because of thier evil and hatred and self indulgence. Lot offering his daughters. yahsua was from Yahweh. So was these angels. No better friend is thier than one who would die for you. You were to protect your brother who was in your house. yahshua said if you did not hate.I would say put 1st your family or anyone before him he would have nothing to do with you.This is why he would offer his daughters. Lot in 2peter is called Rightous.Him offering his daughters up was no different than Abraham offering up issac for yahweh. knowing Yahweh can do anything. We have to choose him. The sin of Sodom and Gomorrah is no different than the sins that are before us now. Not just Homosexuality. That is a small part. What is important to see is the golden rule again was used here. love Yahweh with all your heart and treat your brother as yourself. These 2 cities did not do this. they do as we do now..me..me..me... blessings..Miles

sick I believe I just threw up a little in my mouth.sick

I can not understand why anyone in their right mind would allow their own children to be raped in the name of their god. Miles, do you have children? Do you mean to honestly tell us that if you were placed in Lot's situation, you would offer your children to be raped by a town full of men all in the name of your god?

You know some pretty horrible things have been done in the name of the Christian God as has already been pointed out. Now I'm not saying that one can't worship as they want... but where is the line drawn between worship and cruelty and insanity?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 07:49 PM

ok. i'm a messianic jew so let me inform u of a few facts. jews make covenants not just for marriage or even for "marriage" types of love. that particular pact of giving of each others robe signifies that they are part of each other , like joined in one purpose. it is not the type of contract that two people in an affectionate/sexual relationship would be in. that would be an exchange or gift of jewels and livestock. an exchange of clothing is like a partnership. its like an "ive got your back gesture"

with that being said i support gay marriage being bi myself just to inform u this is not the covenant david had with jonathan. jews take marriage covenants very very seriously and are very specific steps and covenants made when a marriage occurs. and none of these are outlined here.
flowerforyou

Very interesting... thank you!

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 07:46 PM

yeah,its in the bible and GOD hates it and HE wiped out 2 cities because of it.The two cities were called Sodom and Gammora.Hey, thats not my opinion, thats just what the bible says.

It is my understanding that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because the men of that city, both old and young wanted to rape the angels that were under the protection of Lot. In my opinion it wasn't about homosexual relations, it was about rape.

2 cities were filled with homosexuals...

So it's ok in the eyes of God for Lot of offer his daughters for the men of Sodom and Gomorrah to rape? So it's ok in the eyes of God for Lot's daughter's to get their father drunk, rape him, and bare his children? But it's so horribly wrong in the eyes of God for one to be a homosexual? Believe what you want to believe, but I choose to believe that the Holy Bible is a spiritual book with spiritual lessons to be learned, but it was written by the hands of imperfect men. One of those men who commissioned the King James Version translation, King James I, was a homosexual himself. It is well documented that he Was a bisexual. Now why would a bisexual King commission a project to translate a text that would allegedly condemn his very sexual preference? I suggest those who are interested read thoroughly the following website... http://www.libchrist.com/other/homosexual/kingjames.html It's rather informative.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 07:24 PM
The Goddess Companion

Wisdom moves more swiftly than the wind.
She is so pure that she penetrates all.
She is the power of divinity.
She is a sunbeam of almighty glory.
She reflects the light of eternity,
and is an image of divine goodness.
In every generation she finds the holiest
and makes prophets of them,
for the divine loves no one so much
as those who lie with Wisdom.
She is better that the bright daylight,
for it fades, and evil cannot prevail against her.
She reaches from one end of the earth to the other,
and Wisdom orders all things well.
~Wisdom, 8

In some of the Wisdom scriptures, this feminine figure resembles the Hindu goddess Kali, for she transcends allduality and offers a vision of a new, unified cosmos. We find the same intuition expressed in contemporary chaos theory. Where once the word chaos described an irredeemably disordered state, it has now been learned that disorder yearns toward order just as significantly as order breaks down inevitably into disorder. The whole system,order to disorder to order to disorder - is called chaos.

Wisdom is an image of chaotic disorder, a figure who is able to bring together the apparent opposites of life and to reconcile them into a new order. As long as we cling to one pole of a duality, we are forced constantly into confrontation with the other pole. By removing the two poles, by forging a unity between them, we are able to move beyond our fears and into a new, crystalline freedom.

From "The Goddess Companion" by Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 07:14 PM
To the wouldee...

WHATEVER

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 03:37 PM
I've already shared my story here in the forum several times over in several threads.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 01:49 PM

THATS AN OXYMORON IF I EVER HERD ONE CHRISTIAN / PAGAN WITCH LOL
HOW DOESTHAT WORK EXACTLY? SAMEAS JUMBO SHRIMP? MILTARY INTELLIGENCE?
B

*rolls eyes* Like I've never had anyone say that to me before. I would explain it to you via email if I knew you were actually serious in learning about my spiritual/religious beliefs and practices. However, I'm pretty sure that because of your sarcastic remarks you already have your mind made up about such issues, so I won't waste my precious time on someone like you. Have a nice life.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 01:17 PM

Magic, troll through a couple of pages in the Religion forum and check out some thread names and content - quicker.....

Agreed.

At any rate, Christian Pagan Witch here. flowerforyou

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 12:29 PM
Edited by LadyValkyrie37 on Sun 11/25/07 12:31 PM

yeah,its in the bible and GOD hates it and HE wiped out 2 cities because of it.The two cities were called Sodom and Gammora.Hey, thats not my opinion, thats just what the bible says.

It is my understanding that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because the men of that city, both old and young wanted to rape the angels that were under the protection of Lot. In my opinion it wasn't about homosexual relations, it was about rape. Lot in my opinion is just as guilty of rape for he offered his two virgin daughter's to these men if they would just leave the two angels alone. That in my opinion is sick and Lot is just as guilty and should have burned with the rest of Sodom and Gomorrah. Then later in the story in Genesis 19:30-37 Lot's daughter's get Lot drunk and rape him so that they can get pregnant so that they can preserve their father's seed. In my opinion they too should have burned along with Sodom and Gomorrah. It was rape, not homosexuality, that was being punished in Sodom and Gomorrah, and Lot and his family should have burned as well. But then again the Bible is full of stories like this, "Do as I say and not as I do."

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 12:10 PM

Has no one ever had a friend of the same sex they knew since grade school that they affectionately called sister or brother and love like a sister or brother with no sexual relations involved?!!

I know a lot of people like that. They would die for their best friends.

Sorry, I can't relate. Every time I'be ever had what I thought was a best friend, they have horribly betrayed me. I'm pretty much a loner now.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 09:32 AM

Pagans yes. Strictly Wiccans, no. Some are but not all. Check out some of the other threads in the Religion Forum. You'll more than likely find something/one to peak your interest.

I agree. I haven't seen anyone as of yet that is strictly a Wiccan. If I'm not mistaken I did read that someone claims themselves as an Eclectic Gardnerian Wiccan but they aren't strictly a Wiccan.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sun 11/25/07 09:28 AM
Are the scriptures below telling a tale of a same sex romantic relationship possible marriage (covenant)?

1 Samuel 18:1-4 "After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn’t let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. Jonathan sealed the pact by taking off his robe and giving it to David, together with his tunic, sword, bow, and belt."

1 Samuel 19:1-7 "Saul now urged his servants and his son Jonathan to assassinate David. But Jonathan, because of his strong affection for David, told him what his father was planning. 'Tomorrow morning,' he warned him, 'you must find a hiding place out in the fields. I’ll ask my father to go out there with me, and I’ll talk to him about you. Then I’ll tell you everything I can find out.' The next morning Jonathan spoke with his father about David, saying many good things about him. 'The king must not sin against his servant David,' Jonathan said. 'He’s never done anything to harm you. He has always helped you in any way he could. Have you forgotten about the time he risked his life to kill the Philistine giant and how the Lord brought a great victory to all Israel as a result? You were certainly happy about it then. Why should you murder an innocent man like David? There is no reason for it at all!' So Saul listened to Jonathan and vowed, 'As surely as the Lord lives, David will not be killed.' Afterward Jonathan called David and told him what had happened. Then he brought David to Saul, and David served in the court as before."

1 Samuel 20:30-42 "Saul boiled with rage at Jonathan. 'You stupid son of a whore!' he swore at him. 'Do you think I don’t know that you want him to be king in your place, shaming yourself and your mother? As long as that son of Jesse is alive, you’ll never be king. Now go and get him so I can kill him!' 'But why should he be put to death?' Jonathan asked his father. 'What has he done?' Then Saul hurled his spear at Jonathan, intending to kill him. So at last Jonathan realized that his father was really determined to kill David. Jonathan left the table in fierce anger and refused to eat on that second day of the festival, for he was crushed by his father’s shameful behavior toward David. The next morning, as agreed, Jonathan went out into the field and took a young boy with him to gather his arrows. 'Start running,' he told the boy, 'so you can find the arrows as I shoot them.' So the boy ran, and Jonathan shot an arrow beyond him. When the boy had almost reached the arrow, Jonathan shouted, 'The arrow is still ahead of you. Hurry, hurry, don’t wait.' So the boy quickly gathered up the arrows and ran back to his master. He, of course, suspected nothing; only Jonathan and David understood the signal. Then Jonathan gave his bow and arrows to the boy and told him to take them back to town. As soon as the boy was gone, David came out from where he had been hiding near the stone pile. Then David bowed three times to Jonathan with his face to the ground. Both of them were in tears as they embraced each other and said good-bye, especially David. At last Jonathan said to David, 'Go in peace, for we have sworn loyalty to each other in the Lord’s name. The Lord is the witness of a bond between us and our children forever.' Then David left, and Jonathan returned to the town.

2 Samuel 1:25-26 "Oh, how the mighty heroes have fallen in battle! Jonathan lies dead on the hills. How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women!"

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 11/24/07 10:01 AM
1 Samuel 18:1-4 "After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king’s son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn’t let him return home. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself. Jonathan sealed the pact by taking off his robe and giving it to David, together with his tunic, sword, bow, and belt."

1 Samuel 19:1-7 "Saul now urged his servants and his son Jonathan to assassinate David. But Jonathan, because of his strong affection for David, told him what his father was planning. 'Tomorrow morning,' he warned him, 'you must find a hiding place out in the fields. I’ll ask my father to go out there with me, and I’ll talk to him about you. Then I’ll tell you everything I can find out.' The next morning Jonathan spoke with his father about David, saying many good things about him. 'The king must not sin against his servant David,' Jonathan said. 'He’s never done anything to harm you. He has always helped you in any way he could. Have you forgotten about the time he risked his life to kill the Philistine giant and how the Lord brought a great victory to all Israel as a result? You were certainly happy about it then. Why should you murder an innocent man like David? There is no reason for it at all!' So Saul listened to Jonathan and vowed, 'As surely as the Lord lives, David will not be killed.' Afterward Jonathan called David and told him what had happened. Then he brought David to Saul, and David served in the court as before."

1 Samuel 20:30-42 "Saul boiled with rage at Jonathan. 'You stupid son of a whore!' he swore at him. 'Do you think I don’t know that you want him to be king in your place, shaming yourself and your mother? As long as that son of Jesse is alive, you’ll never be king. Now go and get him so I can kill him!' 'But why should he be put to death?' Jonathan asked his father. 'What has he done?' Then Saul hurled his spear at Jonathan, intending to kill him. So at last Jonathan realized that his father was really determined to kill David. Jonathan left the table in fierce anger and refused to eat on that second day of the festival, for he was crushed by his father’s shameful behavior toward David. The next morning, as agreed, Jonathan went out into the field and took a young boy with him to gather his arrows. 'Start running,' he told the boy, 'so you can find the arrows as I shoot them.' So the boy ran, and Jonathan shot an arrow beyond him. When the boy had almost reached the arrow, Jonathan shouted, 'The arrow is still ahead of you. Hurry, hurry, don’t wait.' So the boy quickly gathered up the arrows and ran back to his master. He, of course, suspected nothing; only Jonathan and David understood the signal. Then Jonathan gave his bow and arrows to the boy and told him to take them back to town. As soon as the boy was gone, David came out from where he had been hiding near the stone pile. Then David bowed three times to Jonathan with his face to the ground. Both of them were in tears as they embraced each other and said good-bye, especially David. At last Jonathan said to David, 'Go in peace, for we have sworn loyalty to each other in the Lord’s name. The Lord is the witness of a bond between us and our children forever.' Then David left, and Jonathan returned to the town.

2 Samuel 1:25-26 "Oh, how the mighty heroes have fallen in battle! Jonathan lies dead on the hills. How I weep for you, my brother Jonathan! Oh, how much I loved you! And your love for me was deep, deeper than the love of women!"

Are the above scriptures telling a tale of a same sex romantic relationship possible marriage (covenant)?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 11/24/07 09:19 AM
The Goddess Companion

Spirit Mother, hear my prayer!
Accept the offering we send
with the blood of our food.
We thank you for this elk
you sent. Its head is for you.
We kneel to you, we bow to you,
Spirit Mother. This is for you!
And now send another elk
right up from the riverbank,
right in front of our boat,
and let it neither see nor
hear us coming.
~Prayer of Siberian Udegei

This Thanksgiving, why not give thanks in a different way? Give thanks for all that the earth has given you. Give thanks for the food that keeps you alive and which itself once lived. Give thanks for the beauty of the seasons. Give thanks for your own body and its pulsing life. Give thanks for the sun that warms us, the moon that pulls us, the stars that call to us.

The planet provides for us at every instant. The intricate interconnection of plant and human sustains us with every breath, when we take in the oxygen plants breathe out, while we breathe out the carbon dioxide plants need to live. Not only do we eat plants, either directly or though consuming animal flesh, but plants also feed our lungs, our bloodstream. With every breath we should thank our green relations for their contributions. Thanksgiving does not come often enough for the thanks we owe this earth.

From "The Goddess Companion" by Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 11/24/07 09:17 AM
Today's Goddess: Gujeswari
Gujeswari Jatra (Nepal)

Themes: Earth; Water; Abundance; Offering; Prayer
Symbol: A Bowl of Water

About Gujeswari: Gujeswari is a potent Nepalese goddess of earth and all its bounty, and today is her festival day. In many temples, the goddess's presence is represented by a simple bowl of water, the life-giving substance and purifier of body, mind, and spirit.

To Do Today: Buddhists and Hindus in this region honor the mother goddess Gujeswari today by giving her offerings, usually preceded by fasting and prayer. Follow this example, and put a bowl of fresh water on your altar or a special place where it won't be disturbed for the day. If physically feasible, abstain from eating one meal today to honor the earth and Gujeswari's goodness by returning (or preserving) some of her bounty. Otherwise, simply abstain from a favorite food for the day as a kind of sacred sacrifice.

At the end of the day, just before you go to bed, sprinkle the water from the bowl around your living space. First, go counter-clockwise to banish negative energy that hinders free-flowing blessings. Then go clockwise, allowing Gujeswari's water to cleanse and renew the ambiance in every room. If you have some left over, sprinkle your pets (for health), your car (for safety in travel), and children's beds (to protect them from nightmares), and dab some on mechanical objects to keep them working smoothly.

From "365 Goddess" By Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 11/24/07 09:12 AM

There's a quote I know since it sums it up..All Gods are One God,All Paths Lead Down the Same Road.

Now as far as the Rede is concerned.There is a dark and a light within us all.No most of us will only admit that dark side in the deepest,darkest part of the night. I say it's a part of us regardless.Justice must be done sometimes.And if that hurts another so be it.But I wouldn't go around casting hexes and the like just because I can.The person must truely deserve it karmically.A man beating his wife,a neighbor destroying your property.Such things must be dealt with equal force.And eye for an eye if you will.So yes people will get harmed.But if you harm someone first just because.Then that karmic debt will be yours and I'm sure you'll answer for it in full down the road.So An ye harm none,as least in my teachings is

"Bide the Wiccan Law Ye Must,
In Perfect Love,In Perfect Trust.
Eight Words the Wiccan Rede Fulfill:
And Ye Harm None,Do What Ye Will
Lest In Thy Self Defense It Be,
Ever Mind The Rule Of Three.
Follow This With Mind And Heart.
And Merry Ye Meet,
And Merry Ye Part."

Allows for Self Defense and I take it a step further,the defense of others.So to Quote Pirates "It's more of a guideline then an actual rule."

I totally agree with you on all points you've made.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Sat 11/24/07 09:06 AM

Has anyone ever thought that maybe Lady has a relationship with Jesus and God. I dont see how loving the earth, seeking knowledge and trying to make sense of this f@#$ked up world is bad. our personal crosses to bear are just that.
Lady I am sorry for all your trials and tribulations but it seems you are trying to rise above and I respect that.

Quite frankly, no they have not thought that I have a personal relationship with God and Jesus because I don't think just like them or act just like them. See, I believe in different doctrines than they do and am not afraid to dabble in things that are normally taboo within the church. I see the world through Pagan eyes, I believe in the feminine divine, I practice witchcraft, therefore in their eyes I can't possibly have a personal relationship with God or Jesus.

Please do not feel sorry for me for the hard life I've had. I'm not seeking pity here. I've only shared my testimony to help others understand where I come from and why I say and do the things that I say and do. I'm sure everyone here has been through some pretty hard times, some more than others. So, I'm not special, we all have our stories to tell. So many tell me how strong I am. I'm not strong... far from it. I do what I need to do to survive the moment. And sometimes I break... no I'm not strong, not at all.

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 23 24