Community > Posts By > LadyValkyrie37

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 04:27 PM

people describe God all the time...I'm just asking you to describe God without sounding delusional

This is the first time I've come into this thread and read it and I haven't gotten through all 30something pages of it, so please forgive me.

God is anything and everything. God is whatever the mind of mankind wants and/or needs it to be.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 12:44 PM

i've been told i cant raise my child and teach her morals without religion? i want her to choose her own religion not something forced on her by her parents

Most regular posters here know already I'm a Christian Pagan Witch. I have 3 kids of my own. For part of their lives I used to be a fanatical Christian. Once I left the Christian church I vowed to raise my children with the liberty to choose their own religious/spiritual beliefs without influence from me. I've taught them good strong morals, though. It can be done. Tell those people to kiss your arse! Raise your kids as you see fit. To hell what those arseholes say!

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 12:35 PM

Many beliefs tend to differ between us, but at the core is a perception of the medicine wheel in a new light. You can look at it like the differance between astrology and astronomy, where the medicine wheel of old was traditionaly used in evoking and/ or attempting to manipulate the elemments as deities, we look at it as a tool for understanding and studying nature. As for my personal stance on other things, I keep the corners of my beard and the length of my hair as instructed in Leviticus, I only eat kosher, the only holiday I recognise (religiously anyway) is passover, and I hold the sabbath on the original day of saturday. And that's part of another common thread between us, a desire to get closer to the pre catholic christian movement. Unfortunatly, I've never met another shamanic christian in person, so I usualy end up going to seventh day adventist services.

Would you consider yourself a member of the seventh day adventists?

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 12:27 PM

@valkyrie, it may have well originated in south america, but I think there was an ancient link to it with Ireland, the celtic cross is very simmilar;^]

If you are refering to the Celtic Cross whose bottom arm is elongated (the latin cross), Irish legend holds that the cross was introduced to Ireland by St. Patrick. Legend claims he is the one who overlayed the cross with the circle. To the Pagans of Ireland the Sun God was very important to them. It was his way to convey to the Pagans of Ireland how important the Son of God (Jesus) was, as the giver of life eternal, in reference to the Cross.

If you are referring to what is commonly called the "solar cross" where all the arms are equal. Then I understand. The solar cross has been found not only in Celtic culture but in many cultures all over the world. Which I find fasinating!

I personally don't believe that the Medicine Wheel, Solar Cross, whatever one wishes to call it, started in the Mayan culture or in the Celtic culture. I believe it's one of those universal symbols that have great and significant power. It's all a matter of when a person is ready to acknowledge and absorb it. Those ancient cultures all over the world were ready and able obviously.

The pentegram is much the same way. It has been found in many cultures all over the world throughout history. It's an awesome and powerful symbol. So is the medicine wheel/solar cross.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 07:00 AM
The Goddess Companion

O sun mother, kindly Saule,
where have you been hiding?
Where have you traveled
since you left us here?
I have been across the hills
to take care of the weather
for the shepherds over there.
Remember, I have much to do!
~Lithuanian Folksongs

The sun has not disappeared from our world. As the Baltic peoples knew, when the sky grows dark above us, the sun is merely busy warming other people in other lands. Summer is not gone from the earth; it is merely blooming on the other side of the world right now.

In our own lives, too, the sun seems to disappear at times. We have money worries, or we lack love, or we find work frustrating. It is tempting, at such times, to focus on the negative aspects of our lives. But even when times are tough, there is positive energy somewhere. Some friend offers a kind word, or we take pleasure in a hobby or good book, or we accept the gentle ministrations of our pets. Light and darkness dapple our lives at all times. We can choose only to see darkness, or we can rejoice in the light as well.

From "The Goddess Companion" by Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 06:59 AM
Today's Goddess: Castalla
Walt Disney's Birthday (United States)

Themes: Art; Creativity: Joy: Children; Inspiration
Symbols: Cartoon Characters; Fountains

About Castalia: In Greek tradition, this Goddess embodies the force of artistic inspiration. Her power is so profuse that art often depicts her simply as an ever-flowing fountain from which we can drink when our motivation wanes.

To Do Today: On this day in 1901, the legendary Walt Disney was born. During his life, Disney inspired millions of children with a Castalia rich imagination and well-beloved cartoon characters. To remember this man and uplift Castalia's childlike ability to awaken the artist within, watch a favorite Walt Disney film today, reveling in the wonder of it. Then get out and do something creative! Try drawing your own magickal cartoon (this is just for you and the goddess, so don't worry about a lack of skill - the keynote today is having fun with your fancy).

To quaff this Goddess's inspiration for any task you're undertaking, find a water fountain and drink fully of it. Visualize the water filled with a color of light that, to you, represents creativity. Also fill a small container with a secure top with some of this water and keep it with you. Carry Castalia's power into the situation in which you need inspiration. Pour a little out before your meeting, artistic effort, or speech to release her power. Or sip a bit of it to wet your whistle and renew the magick.

From "365 Goddess" By Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Wed 12/05/07 06:54 AM
Elder's Meditation

"In the end I tell my children, there's no way I can tell you how to be an Acoma, how to be an Indian. You have to experience it." --Stanley Paytiamo, ACOMA PUEBLO

Each person must make their own journey. It is like every human is given a life canoe. The canoe has one seat and one paddle. In order to get anything out of life we must be in the canoe and we must paddle down the river of life. Now, I can share with you how my journey has been, but I cannot paddle your canoe. You must paddle your own. Good luck!

Creator, I'm so glad I have You to guide my path.

http://www.whitebison.org/

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 11:52 PM

my question to you is... does today's Christian music sound anything like the music that was made and sung by Jesus, King David, or Abraham? The answer is no.

Actually the answer is yes. The instruments may be different, but the music of David soothed Saul's spirit. It is not move Him to anger, sexual excitement or violence.

So what exactly is God's standards when it comes to music? Are Christians only supposed to use the musical instruments that were available back in Biblical times for it to be acceptable to God?

I know my posts are too long forgive me, and I will forgive you for not reading the answer in the quote. The instruments are not the issue, the use of the instruments and what we use them to produce is the issue. Therefore, a legitimate criteria is this:

Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Are Christians supposed to learn ancient Hebrew and Greek in order to sing praises to God for it to be acceptable to God? Music is an expression from the heart and soul. It doesn't matter if it sounds like head banging music, light bubblegum pop music, twangy country music, swinging jazz music, or soulful gospel music. What matters is the intent of the heart... are they playing the music and singing the music in praise to their Higher Power?

That might be true for any ole God. But, trust me, the true will have quality first. I know we think we can give trash to God and He accepts it because He loves us. I don't buy it, if we don't respect Him enough to give the best, then we fool ourselves.

Please no need to get upset with me. I don't care what kind of music you offer to your god. My issue is only that the music we offer the God of the Bible. While never perfect should be the best quality we have. For example the principle is found in any of the offerings. God says:

Mal 1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name? Mal 1:7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible. Mal 1:8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.

Remember just because you don't like a certain genre of music doesn't mean that genre of music is bad or evil. It simply means you personally do not like it.

Of course, but I know the God I worship. I know that He would not approve of those bands today that copy KISS and others metal and all that--He does not buy it. It is not Him. It is us.

When we are on God's wavelength, then we see that He is a God of enormous dignity, then we understand why the levites trained for 30 years before they were qualified to be singers and mucisians in the temple. That is an example of the quality that is appropriate and will be the quality given to Him in the Kingdom. While not practical today, Modern metal, speed, trash stuff in my sweet humble opinion is not appropriate for the Almighty one who created the entire universe.

Art

Would you happen to be the same "Art" that used to go into the Yahoo chatrooms as "Pastor Art?" I ask only because your style of writing is very familar to me.

I personally believe that you are mistaking your personal preference in music with what you believe your God finds pleasing. You and I are going to have to agree to disagree.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 09:46 PM

LadyValkyrie37 : Female : Age: 33 : Campbelltown, Pennsylvania
I'm NOT here for a romantic encounter. I'm here for friendship ONLY. My mundane name is Audrey. I was born in southern WV & now reside in PA. Im a SAHM of 3 kids, ages 16, 14, and 11... they are my life. I consider myself to be a Christian Pagan Witch<------- laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Wow! You can copy and paste from my profile. You have wonderful basic computer skills! That's great! Congrats! :wink:

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 09:40 PM

Enjoy life on earth as you can, hell is hot from what I hear. drinker drinker drinker

It's your hell, you burn in it. laugh

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 09:32 PM

I have just one thing to say
well maybe more then one
scroll
scroll more
LOOOOOOOOOOOOSER laugh laugh laugh

This coming from a man who has to come to a website like this for a date. Face it sweetheart... anyone who has to come here to get a date or find a friend is a loser... me included. So with that all I can say is, look in the mirror sweetheart to see a loser. It's ok, though. The first step to recovery is admission... it's always the hardest. BTW I like your avatar. My teenage son watches that show all the time.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 09:23 PM

I know there's a vast Shamanic practice across the world in many differant tribal traditions, however here in the states the term Shamanic Christian denotes those like myself who converted yet retained the teachings of the medicine wheel from Native American tradition (Chickasaw for me). To put it simply, the medicine wheel gives us insight into the cycles of life and creation, and we believe it our God given responsibility to care for this planet and all of creation we venture to. As I said, we tend to get the blunt end of the stick from many christians, especialy among protestants and catholics, but to be fair we are welcomed with open arms among other christian groups. Now, the term Shaman means "medicine man", and that's exactly what we are, through faith in Christ and knowladge of both scripture and our human cycles, we help heal those and try to guide them on a path of rightiousness;^]

Actually the word shaman comes from a word in the Tungusic laguage of Siberia, šamán. "Sa" means "to know." So the word shaman literally means "one who knows."

I'm very familar with the Medicine Wheel teachings. Many believe that the Medicine Wheel originates in the Central America specifically in the Mayan culture. *shrugs* who knows...

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 09:03 PM
Here's one written by Bill O'Reilly

'Twas the night before Solstice, and all through the land
the ACLU was watching to keep things in hand.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
while forces kept Christmas out of their heads.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my bed and heard desperate chatter.
Someone had seen my manger display,
And wailed very loudly - go away, go away.

How could I be so crass, so utterly wrong
So show the infant Jesus and sing him a song?

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof
An ACLU lawyer, looking stern and aloof.
No manger! No caroling! he said with a snort,
And if you don't comply immediately, I'll take you to court!

He was chubby and plump, a right surly old elf,
And I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself.
He dallied no more, but went straight to his phone
Lamenting the manger, in a most pitiful moan.

But I in the spirit, said nothing unkind
Christmas is forgiveness whatever you find.
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head,
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.

Christmas will survive, the folks will demand it,
Even if secular lawyers will not understand it.
Then I heard him exclaim, as he drove out of sight,
Happy Solstice to all, and to all a good night!

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 09:00 PM
This is a Pagan version of that famous poem. It really comes full circle really seeing as a lot of the things surrounding the Christmas holiday is Pagan oriented.

A Visit From The Yule Spirits
by Richard De Angelis

'Twas the night before Yule, when all 'cross the heath,
not a being was stirring; Pagan, faerie, or beast.
Wassail was left out & the alter adorned,
to rejoice that the Sun King would soon be reborn.

The children lay sleeping by the warmth of the hearth,
their dreams filled with visions of belov'd Mother Earth.
M'lady & I beneath blankets piled deep,
had just settled down to our own Solstice sleep.

Then a noise in the night that would leave us no peace,
Awakened us both to the honking of geese.
Eager to see such a boisterous flock,
When we raced to the window, our mouths dropped in shock!

On the west wind flew a gaggle of geese white & gray,
With Frau Holda behind them in her giftladen dray.
The figure on her broomstick in the north sky made it clear,
La Befana was approaching to bestow Yuletide cheer.

From the south came a comet more bright than the moon,
And we knew that Lucia would be with us soon.
As these spirits sailed earthward o'er hilltops & trees,
Frau Holda serenaded her feathery steeds:

"Fly Isolde! Fly Tristan! Fly Odin & Freya!
Fly Morgaine! Fly Merlin! Fly Uranus & Gaea!
"May the God & the Goddess inside you soar,
From the clouds in the heavens to yon cottage door."

As soft & silent as snowflakes they fell:
Their arrival announced by a faint chiming bell.
They landed like angels, their bodies aglow.
Their feet left no marks in the new fallen snow.

Before we could ponder what next lay in store,
There came a slow creaking from our threshold door.
We crept from our bedroom & were spellbound to see
...There in our parlor stood the Yule Trinity!

Lucia, the Maiden, with her head wreathed in flame,
Shown with the radiance for which she was named.
The Lightbringer' s eyes held the joy of a child,
And she spoke with a voice that was gentle, yet wild:

"May the warmth of this household ne'er fade away."
Then she lit our Yule log which still burns to this day.
Frau Holda in her down cloak stood regal & tall;
The Matron of Solstice, the Mother of all.

Under her gaze we felt safe & secure.
Her voice was commanding, yet almost demure:
"May the love of this family enrich young & old."
And from the folds of her cloak showered coins of pure gold.

Le Befana wore a kerchief on her silvery hair;
The veil of the Crone who has secrets to share.
In her eyes gleamed a wisdom only gained by spent youth.
Her voice was a whisper but her words rung with truth:

"May health, glad tidings, and peace fill these rooms."
And she banished misfortune with a sweep of her broom.
They then left a gift by each sleeping child's head,
Took a drink of our wassail, and away they sped.

While we watched them fly off through the night sky we laughed,
At the wondrous magick we had found in the Craft
As they departed, the spirits decreed
Merry Yule To You All & May All Blessed Be!

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 08:37 PM

Hey JB it is you again.

I so strongly agree with you. We should never judge someone in anything. God is the Judge, not us. What they listen to is there business. What we listen to is our business.

Therefore, we absolutely must judge any music, tv, radio, and in fact everything we allow into our minds and hearts.

I remember working at a religious campus one day, and the music some of the workers were listening to was terrible. I asked them why they listened to this music if they were professing Christians. One of the people answered and said: "well I read a letter the other day where a man was speaking to the younger generation and complaining about their music." He said it was Aristotle who wrote the letter, and that every generation complains about the next generation's music.

I answered him saying yes, it is true, but it is true for a reason. Every generation is degenerating. Music in just one of the signs. This is the message of the empires listed in Daniel. The head of gold, the chest of silver, the thighs of brass, and the legs and feet of iron and mud. One point that can be taken from this is that every generation from the time of Babylon until Christ's coming is degenerating in character, but increasing in technology and military strength.

As the Scriptures say, as we near the end, evil men will wax worse and worse. Therefore, today, much of the music of our age is satanic. Many of the bands are avowed satanists.

For an example of the degeneration in music, in my day they sang song's like Oh mine Papa, to me he was so wonderful. Today, they sings songs whose lyrics say "rise up in the night and kill your parents." Eminem repeatedly states in one of his songs, "do exactly what the song says, drop out, take drugs, drink, and kill people."

There is a spirit behind the music. The devil was actually created with pipes and tabrets--percussion instruments (Ezek 28:13). He is a musician. (As Barry Manilow crooned, I've been alive forever. I am music and I write the songs.

Satan is the prince of the power of the air. He broadcasts his spirit of hate, anger, hostility, and evil. People who are angry tune in to his wavelength. They pick up on it, and some create songs inspired by him, some realizing what they do and others not.

We must judge what we allow in, and God gives us a yardstick to judge by. We can determine what kind of music we should listen to by the following standards:

Phi 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Does the music we listen to conform to God's standards?

Art

And my question to you is... does today's Christian music sound anything like the music that was made and sung by Jesus, King David, or Abraham? The answer is no. So what exactly is God's standards when it comes to music? Are Christians only supposed to use the musical instruments that were available back in Biblical times for it to be acceptable to God? Are Christians supposed to learn ancient Hebrew and Greek in order to sing praises to God for it to be acceptable to God? Music is an expression from the heart and soul. It doesn't matter if it sounds like head banging music, light bubblegum pop music, twangy country music, swinging jazz music, or soulful gospel music. What matters is the intent of the heart... are they playing the music and singing the music in praise to their Higher Power? Remember just because you don't like a certain genre of music doesn't mean that genre of music is bad or evil. It simply means you personally do not like it.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 08:29 PM

Maybe I am just the devil’s advocate tonight. I think that the music you allow yourself to listen to shows in part who you are. If a person insists on listening to music with profanity or a tribal beat, one might wonder about how highly they esteem God to be. Ideally, I would like to limit myself to all music that brings glory to God.
At times at work one of the other contractors will have the radio playing. To me, that music sounds like it is inspired by Satan himself. My response is to pray for the salvation of those who choose that kind of trash to listen to.

Maybe you need to listen to some Christian Rock which a lot of it has a "tribal beat" yet brings glory to your God. I have a feeling that you just don't like head banging music, and that's fine. However, just because you don't like that "tribal beat" doesn't mean that it can't bring glory to your God. Check out some Christian rock bands like Mortification, Delerious?, Skillett, DC Talk, Third Day (especially their older stuff), Jars Of Clay, Switchfoot (their older stuff before they went with a major non-christian label), 12 Stones, and Pillar. Those were some of my favorites.

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 08:20 PM
Years ago when I was a fanatical Christian my fellow church members and myself did indeed judge others by how a person leads their life. We believed that if a person claimed to be a Christian they wouldn't participate in the activities that nonchristians would. What were those activities? Such activities like drinking alcohol, using tobacco, wearing certain types of clothing, wearing excessive amounts of makeup, and yes listening to that "devil music" called rock-n-roll and country music. As a Christians I stopped listening to all secular music. What can I say, I was frakking brainwashed. And yes, I used to judge other Christians who did listen to music outside of the Christian genre. Thank God/Goddess I'm not longer like that. I don't care what a person listen to when it comes to music. I love many different genres of music. I listen to everything from Jennifer Knapp and Skillett to Mariln Manson and Disturbed... from Loretta Lynn and Gretchen Wilson to Etta James and Bessie Smith. All music is beautiful!

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 08:10 PM
The Goddess Companion

Oshun, I bow to you!
You are very rich,
digging in the sand
to hide money there.
Oshun, I bow to you!
You are very beautiful,
with your coral hair-combs
and your cast-copper jewelry.
Oshun, I bow to you!
You are very powerful.
You have seized the crown.
Look at you, dancing with it!
~African Chant To The Love Goddess

After the African Goddess were carried across the Atlantic in the hearts of their worshippers and in the holds of slave ships, they found a new life on this side of the ocean. In Brazil, Haiti, Cuba, and other areas of the New World, they joined with indigenous Goddesses and spiritual traditions to form new, vital, and energetic religions.

Many of these religions place a special emphasis on the spirituality of dance. In Haitian voudoun. for instance, a Goddess makes her appearance in this world by taking on the body of a devotee, who dances the divinity's special dance. Such dance is an ecstatic communion between the world of the senses and that of the spirit. Spirituality need not be a disembodied experience. We can worship with our whole selves when we invoke the Goddess through dance.

From "The Goddess Companion" by Patricia Monaghan

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Tue 12/04/07 08:09 PM
Today's Goddess: Istustaya
Mevlana (Turkey)

Themes: Divination; Communication (with the Divine); Destiny
Symbols: Sacred Dance; Circles; Mirror; Thread

About Istustaya: In Anatolia this Goddess rules over all matters of fate and is an adept diviner, often using a mirror for descrying so she can share insights into our future. Besides this, she personally weaves the thread of life for each person born, patterning her or his destiny.

To Do Today: The Mevlana is celebrated by the Whirling Dervishes in Turkey as a ritual dance through which the devout attain oneness with the divine, often for the purpose of fortune-telling. The festival includes chanting while dancers twirl around, effectively becoming the center of a magickal circle formed by their skirts. So, if you hold a ritual today, use yarn or thread to mark the sacred space, with a mirror and your preferred divinatory tool on the altar to honor Istustaya. Dance clockwise around your circle, or your home, before attempting any divinatory effort. This draws the Goddess's vision into your spirit.

If you want to try mirror descrying specifically to venerate Istustaya, sit somewhere comfortable with a candle behind the mirror. Dab a little sandalwood oil on the surface, rubbing it clockwise. Let your eyes unfocus and wait and see what images appear in the reflected light and oil. These may be symbolic or literal in nature. A dream interpretation guide may help you in figuring out the meaning.

From "365 Goddess" By Patricia Telesco

LadyValkyrie37's photo
Mon 12/03/07 10:47 PM

Soory, my error, I forgot 3 words in here:

And can you tell us more about "... the relationship between..." Shamanism and Christianity?

Is there one, or is it simply christians, whom show interest in other faiths or religions?

A person can be whatever they want to be. Historically, though, as Christianity spread throughout the world many natives had to either convert to Christianity or find ways to blend their native spiritual/religious beliefs with that of Christianity. That's what happened with some cultures that believed in Shamanism, they began to blend the two. Much like what happened with Santeria. When Europeans came to America they too tried to convert the Native American Indians to Christianity. Many refused to convert, some did, others blended the two.

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 23 24