Community > Posts By > mischievouskttn

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 06:12 PM

But what if, just for the sake of argument/debate, when you DID meet him, he wasn't what you thought he would be? What if he had deceived you in some way??

That is why I say it can only really happen when there is face to face contact. The meeting can solidify what you already feel, or it can completely change it.

Until that point, there is just no way to really know.

don't people fall in, and out, of love all the time - in the real world as well?

how many of us have been in relationships where the person changed in some way, and let us down, deceived us, lied to us?

does that mean that the love we had for them before never existed? or does it mean simply that as the relationship ended, so did the loving?

Yes. They do. But, in those real life situations, there is physical contact and interaction that allows you to determine whether the person has changed.

In a situation like this, you really wouldn't know if the person " changed " until you know for certain, through meeting, that the person really IS who they said they were.

As far as I can see, nobody is debating that in order for a relationship to PROGRESS..there has to be the physical contact. I don't think I've ever heard of any romantic linking in which there was a mutual agreement to be in cyberlove forever. (haha, this is ironic..if you knew me..but..) The question as I read it, was in regards to at what point is it 'okay' to admit you've been bitten by the love bug and are no longer interested in being 'available.'

I could be wrong.

Yes, your right, but also, as a woman, would you be offended if a guy you were trying to get to know and see where things could go together, was also doing the same thing with a couple of other women at the same time. Is that being a player, or is that being rude and disrespectful, or is that consider OK.

I don't see a difference between getting to know this person online, or getting to know someone in person. In any relationship, at some point committment is addressed. Am I missing something in the question?

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 06:10 PM

Yes. They do. But, in those real life situations, there is physical contact and interaction that allows you to determine whether the person has changed.

In a situation like this, you really wouldn't know if the person " changed " until you know for certain, through meeting, that the person really IS who they said they were.

hmmm, i've talked with all sorts of people - online - who've showed me - online - that they weren't who they said they were. it didn't have to come to a physical meeting.

i agree that it's probably easier to falsify your life if you only talk online and there's no physical meeting. however, there was absolute certainty on my part that the guy i picked wasn't faking anything.

yes but u have to go and steal one o the good guys dont'cha? grumble grumble

I'll thumb wrestle you for mine though. (You are so gonna laugh when/if you figure out who that is!) :tongue:

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 06:04 PM
Edited by mischievouskttn on Sat 08/08/09 06:05 PM
<~~~~ looks totally differnt in r/l, even though that is actually my photo. I just like it because you can see my angelic 'glow' :angel:

edit: and it hides my horns bigsmile

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 05:55 PM
Edited by mischievouskttn on Sat 08/08/09 05:56 PM

But what if, just for the sake of argument/debate, when you DID meet him, he wasn't what you thought he would be? What if he had deceived you in some way??

That is why I say it can only really happen when there is face to face contact. The meeting can solidify what you already feel, or it can completely change it.

Until that point, there is just no way to really know.

don't people fall in, and out, of love all the time - in the real world as well?

how many of us have been in relationships where the person changed in some way, and let us down, deceived us, lied to us?

does that mean that the love we had for them before never existed? or does it mean simply that as the relationship ended, so did the loving?

As far as I can see, nobody is debating that in order for a relationship to PROGRESS..there has to be the physical contact. I don't think I've ever heard of any romantic linking in which there was a mutual agreement to be in cyberlove forever. (haha, this is ironic..if you knew me..but..) The question as I read it, was in regards to at what point is it 'okay' to admit you've been bitten by the love bug and are no longer interested in being 'available.'

I could be wrong.

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 05:48 PM
IMHO.. you'll see a lot of people make comments announcing a relationship isn't real until you've spent time face to face. Its done with good intentions, sharing of observations, we-just-wanna-help-you-save-face voices of experiance.

I say, thanks for the advice. I'll keep what was helpful and throw the rest away and go on about my head-in-the-clouds business.

Some will worry about saving face. Some just know that **** happens and life goes on anyway.

Hearts get broken everyday and nobody is immune.

Best wishes and Congrats flowerforyou

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 05:31 PM

to be nice coz i'm a scathing biatch sometimes. flowerforyou

really?

you're one of my favourite posters

but then, maybe it's just a case of misery loving company, or something along those lines!

i'll never keep to it but i'm gonna try and be decent, lol

sure, kill 'em with kindness. But, never lose the sarcasm. The world is an ugly place without it. flowerforyou

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 05:04 PM
Edited by mischievouskttn on Sat 08/08/09 05:27 PM

Love, however, only really happens when there is face to face, in person contact.

how can you define love for another person?

perhaps it can't happen for you but who's to say what another feels isn't love?

i'll argue this til i'm blue in the face because i've no doubt i was in love with robin before i physically met him.

:thumbsup:

'single' and 'taken' ain't nothin' but one person's state of mind anyway.

What gives anyone else the right to judge? How does it make you feel when you experiance an emotion, say..anger, and another person says to you that you need to curb that emotion because its overblown? You may learn in time you feel differently, but does it mean that you were never angry in the first place? That' silly, people don't work that way LOL

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/08/09 03:55 PM

i farted on kourys voice mail this morning....she loved it

rofl you lier. rofl

mischievouskttn's photo
Thu 08/06/09 07:49 PM

Guess I should of asked , "just how big of a old hole has she got there Cottnell?" what

she got three sticky holes and a pin hole

ill

mischievouskttn's photo
Thu 08/06/09 07:25 PM

wanna feel how smooth they are?

love

mischievouskttn's photo
Thu 08/06/09 07:17 PM
Edited by mischievouskttn on Thu 08/06/09 07:18 PM

i plugged her up with some chewing gum. shes good to go now

Yea...but won't she blow a bubble next time you gotta plump her up?

rofl rofl rofl

I am sooo waiting for an answer to this. Well, Phil? Inquiring minds want to know...

mischievouskttn's photo
Thu 08/06/09 07:15 PM

i prefer to tea-bag a bowl of nair

hehehehe

(sorry, what a visual)

..carry on..

mischievouskttn's photo
Mon 08/03/09 09:00 AM

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

1 to move it to the Lighting section after 2 have argued to move it to the Electrical section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

9 Road trippers to come in and post random comments unrelated to lightbulbs, and misunderstanding the humour

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what supermarkets are offering discounts on brands of light bulbs, and what customer service they expect in a lightbulb shop

4 to say that they've been disappointed in Lightbulb Live for the last 4 years

12 to ask why those 4 keep going to Lightbulb Live only to complain about it

1 to break the news about the new limited release light bulb

1 to post that the news was already broken in another thread and start a poll about reading entire threads

12 to post that they shouldn't mention limited releases because someone might buy them to resell

1 to insist he has every right to buy and sell lightbulbs

1 to obsessively insist that no-one should make profit from lightbulbs on this forum

5 to post that they've collected 11 of the limited edition lightbulbs already so might as well get the whole set.

32 to not bother posting because there's no post count showing anymore

8 to say that their electric company sent them 4 free lightbulbs, when quite clearly they would have preferred the moon on a stick.

6 to post thinly veiled criticisms of forum staff's management of lightbulbs

15 to post that forum staff can do exactly as they want with their own lightbulbs

6 to pretend they were just asking innocent questions about lightbulb management and didn't do anything wrong

6 to then receive a ban for the Mod criticism

1 to ask that forum staff backup all mention of lightbulbs so they can write a book about their really interesting life with lightbulbs

11 to reply that it's not a personal lightbulb anecdote storage facility

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including pictures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

I'm one of the Nine! yes!..
9 Road trippers to come in and post random comments unrelated to lightbulbs, and misunderstanding the humour

So the 14week old baby's father never showed up, and yet my famiy spent all weekend cleaning my house getting it all ready for Sunday for the arival. I wait, and wait.. and wait... OK around 4:30 pm i get tired and call....

Hi, Umm we were to have a afternoon appt today to sign your son up for childcare?

Re ply, I'm in dallas Texas and I can't talk now, Click?

ok......Hmmm Well i guess he will not be showing up on Monday as planed.... and I droped two girls so this father could bring his baby???

Parents... CALL YOUR CHILDCARE WORKER WHEN YOUR NOT GOING TO SHOW UP... I could have gone with my kids out to lunch.... ?? or done something instead of waited around all day..

Ok...
9 Road trippers to come in and post ***random comments unrelated**** to lightbulbs, and misunderstanding the humour

devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil devil pitchfork

The devial made me do it!!pitchfork pitchfork frustrated frustrated frustrated

Me too!! :tongue:

mischievouskttn's photo
Sat 08/01/09 02:03 PM

oh, THATS why it didnt work...lol

I told ya so flowerforyou

mischievouskttn's photo
Fri 07/31/09 07:38 PM
you've been sniffing your paw an awful long time....don't you think its time you just wash them already?

mischievouskttn's photo
Fri 07/31/09 07:06 PM

this thread is kinda like someone walking into a bar, unplugging the jukebox then standing up on the table and shouting out.....

"LISTEN UP EVERYONE! CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION!? i need your advice on picking up a girlfriend in this place"

a sign of confidence...LOL!

Not every man is lucky enough to have a woman pursue them relentlessly until all the fight is beaten out of them, like you did! tongue2

mischievouskttn's photo
Fri 07/31/09 06:16 PM

im curious and is this web the right way to go.

"this web"? oh, your trying to catch a fly woman

(fly - very good, excellent, cool)

:laughing:

mischievouskttn's photo
Fri 07/31/09 01:57 PM
Rob Thomas!!

smitten

mischievouskttn's photo
Thu 07/30/09 05:17 PM

ya'll gotta see his jewels laugh

ummm... no way I'm falling for that one. Again.

shocked you saw them already??

ummm..no. :laughing: Flashback from a Halloween costume party of the past. Sorry! LOL

mischievouskttn's photo
Thu 07/30/09 05:10 PM

ya'll gotta see his jewels laugh

ummm... no way I'm falling for that one. Again.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25