Community > Posts By > Jill298

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/10/10 08:16 PM
of course flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/10/10 07:21 PM
Who calls you back when you hang up on them

When I get hung up on, I don't call them back. If you hang up on someone, in hopes that they will call you back, that is attention seeking. No offense but that statement really shows your age. Tho, I know a lot of adults who play the same game. grumble

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 08:48 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Tue 02/09/10 08:49 PM
<---- thinks XXX is a good idea :angel:

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:42 PM

For a person that calls you beautiful instead of hot or sexy. Who calls you back when you hang up on them. Who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the person who kisses your forehead. Who wants to show you off to the world. Who holds your hand in front of thier friends. Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much they love you and how lucky they are to have you. Wait for the one you never have to worry about cheating on you. Wait for the one who turns to their friends and says "theres my baby."?
sounds kinda stalkerish... ohwell

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:37 PM

noway there's SO MUCH SNOW :angry: :angry: slaphead Who else on here is stuck in this blizzard? It's so cold and snowing so much I thought for sure I was gonna get eaten by a polar bear while I was out shoveling.
My fingers are numb. ohwell

hey you must be in my backyard! That's what it looks like. :angry:

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:25 PM
I know the guy you're looking for. He'll be back after he's done slaying the dragon and rides in on his unicorn.

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:20 PM
noway there's SO MUCH SNOW :angry: :angry: slaphead Who else on here is stuck in this blizzard? It's so cold and snowing so much I thought for sure I was gonna get eaten by a polar bear while I was out shoveling.
My fingers are numb. ohwell

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 12:05 PM
goin thru mutual matches is rough laugh

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 12:03 PM
no no, maybe, no yes, no, no, no, no, no, maybe, no, no, no, no, no, no, maybe, no, no, no, no. Sorry... was reliving my last mutual match experience.

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 11:56 AM

No.

And hell no.

How ridiculous.

I will not "throw down" for any gift. Sorry.

But then again, yous was jist axing a hypoteticallistic questions to git the fo'one-one right?
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:52 AM

I think this is just another reason to get consumers to spend money. Show me love year round not only on Feb 14th. Every day is as special as one makes it. (jmo)

Smart male shoppers will wait til the cards and chocolates go on sale. They save 'em and give 'em to ya' the next year. Check those expiration dates!!laugh
a smart male shopper will have planned in advance for his woman and not waited til the last second to bring me walgreens chocolates and some carnations.
A smart male shopper can save lots of money planning something special in advance.

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:46 AM
I don't throw down cuz he got me chocolates and flowers. I throw down because he's been a good bf, not just on V day, and I want some.

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:04 AM
I don't have a problem with my s/o going to the bar for a guys night. But to just hang out at the bar by himself would really tick me off. Not that I wouldn't trust him, but I don't trust other people there.
You're putting yourself in a situation that could cause problems. Even if you're not cheating, why put yourself in the position to where flirting could arise?
I just think that when someone is in a relationship they really don't need to be hanging out at bars and clubs alone or all the time. If you have a s/o, spend time with that person instead of going out and getting drunk alone.

Jill298's photo
Tue 02/09/10 06:01 AM
:thumbsup: :laughing: :thumbsup:

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 05:47 PM
<--- from Rock Island originally, great area. Good luck with your search! flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 04:19 PM
The majority of people don't research their dog breeds very well. That's why there's so many in rescue

That is so, so true and sad.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 02:23 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Wed 02/03/10 02:24 PM
Pits have their bad rep because they can do an incredible amount of damage in a short amount of time compared to other dogs.
It's kinda like driving.
A semi barrling down the road at you is far more likely to kill you than say a smart car going the same speed. Both can kill you, both can be dangerous but the semi is a far bigger threat.
In this case it's who's behind the wheel that can make all the difference.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 02:12 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Wed 02/03/10 02:17 PM

Yes that pitbull in the story was obviously a mean pitbull, but pitbulls in general are nice loving dogs it all depends on the owner. I had a pitbull before and it was the sweetest dog Ive been around. So please do not refer to all pitbulls as nasty and vicious.

Maybe you did. But it's my opinion, and I think "they" are. They are capable of such terrible violence, and we see stories of pitbull attacks all of the time. So some would say, either ban the breed, or pay careful attention and responsibility when training this breed.
You think they are an aggressive dog because that's all the media ever shows is how aggressive and harmful they can be. I'm not denying a pitbull attack can be disasterous. As far as dog fighting, people mainly use pitbulls which also lead to their bad rep. It's a powerful dog. ANY dog can be viscious. ANY. I think pitbulls have a very unfair reputation.
I wouldn't trade my pitbull for any other dog. He's wonderful. However, I trained him. I discipline him. I learned how to handle a powerful dog and keep him under control.
People generally underestimate dogs of all breeds. If you don't train them and work with them, they can ALL be dangerous.

Fair enough. Now, one simple question. Why did you choose a pitbull? Knowing what you know about their reputation, and what society at large thinks of them. I really hope you say companionship and not security.
We kind of chose each other to be honest.

Now Jill, don't get me wrong here. I have had friends that own PB's and I have played and interacted with them. I had this friend that had a PB that could tear through a rawhide in under 30 minutes. Have you ever seen your dog engage in aggressive or destructive behavior? I totally agree, that it's how you train the dog, but so many are either incapable or unwilling to make that effort, and hence, pitbulls wear the mark of shame. And we see stories like this.
My dog doesn't need 30 min to tear thru a rawhidelaugh He was destructive as a puppy, like most puppies. Tearing up shoes, chewing on things, that kind of stuff. It took alot of work to get him to stop. He is a very stubborn dog.
I love this dog tho. I chose him because I could almost feel his loyalty to me, if that makes any sense? I love that he loves me so much. He has a great personality and temperment. However, if he feels you as a threat, he will let you know you need to back off and go away.
I'm a single woman that lives alone and sorry but my cat just isn't going to protect me laugh I purposfully wanted a bigger dog. But not just for protection, I just have always had a soft spot for big dogs. I grew up with my smallest dog being a german sheppard.
I also have a cat and 2 ferrets. He has never once even tried to attack them. In fact, the ferrets sleep with him.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 01:50 PM

Twelve countries in Europe, Australia, Canada, Ecuador, New Zealand, Puerto Rico , Singapore, and Venezuela have enacted some form of breed-specific legislation on pit bull-type dogs, including American pit bull terriers, ranging from outright bans to restrictions and conditions on ownership. The state of New South Wales in Australia places restrictions on the breed, including mandatory desexing, in order to ensure the eventual extinction of the breed in that state. The dogs are often considered to be "dangerous" or "vicious".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Pit_Bull_Terrier
only because they have dangerous and viscious owners. A good dog owner or breeder simply will not have a viscious dog.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 01:46 PM

Yes that pitbull in the story was obviously a mean pitbull, but pitbulls in general are nice loving dogs it all depends on the owner. I had a pitbull before and it was the sweetest dog Ive been around. So please do not refer to all pitbulls as nasty and vicious.

Maybe you did. But it's my opinion, and I think "they" are. They are capable of such terrible violence, and we see stories of pitbull attacks all of the time. So some would say, either ban the breed, or pay careful attention and responsibility when training this breed.
You think they are an aggressive dog because that's all the media ever shows is how aggressive and harmful they can be. I'm not denying a pitbull attack can be disasterous. As far as dog fighting, people mainly use pitbulls which also lead to their bad rep. It's a powerful dog. ANY dog can be viscious. ANY. I think pitbulls have a very unfair reputation.
I wouldn't trade my pitbull for any other dog. He's wonderful. However, I trained him. I discipline him. I learned how to handle a powerful dog and keep him under control.
People generally underestimate dogs of all breeds. If you don't train them and work with them, they can ALL be dangerous.

Fair enough. Now, one simple question. Why did you choose a pitbull? Knowing what you know about their reputation, and what society at large thinks of them. I really hope you say companionship and not security.
We kind of chose each other to be honest.