Community > Posts By > Jill298

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 01:36 PM

Yes that pitbull in the story was obviously a mean pitbull, but pitbulls in general are nice loving dogs it all depends on the owner. I had a pitbull before and it was the sweetest dog Ive been around. So please do not refer to all pitbulls as nasty and vicious.

Maybe you did. But it's my opinion, and I think "they" are. They are capable of such terrible violence, and we see stories of pitbull attacks all of the time. So some would say, either ban the breed, or pay careful attention and responsibility when training this breed.
You think they are an aggressive dog because that's all the media ever shows is how aggressive and harmful they can be. I'm not denying a pitbull attack can be disasterous. As far as dog fighting, people mainly use pitbulls which also lead to their bad rep. It's a powerful dog. ANY dog can be viscious. ANY. I think pitbulls have a very unfair reputation.
I wouldn't trade my pitbull for any other dog. He's wonderful. However, I trained him. I discipline him. I learned how to handle a powerful dog and keep him under control.
People generally underestimate dogs of all breeds. If you don't train them and work with them, they can ALL be dangerous.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 01:31 PM

Huck, there was a story a while back about a Saint Bernard that attacked its human kid. Come to find out, the kid hard rammed a pencil down its ear canal. Sadly, it was too late for the dog.

The owners are at fault. They should be punished, charged with negligence, etc. Sadly, the dog will be the one who pays the price. As the article notes, they've had problems with the fence before, and apparently didn't care enough about the dogs welfares to really fix the problem.

Very smart answer. Me likey. :thumbsup: The owners are at fault. Yes, I've heard all of the exceptions that some people own pit bulls, and "they're such sweet loveable dogs." But yet, we keep hearing about these pit bull stories, maulings. Seems to me, this is an unpredictable, agressive breed of dog. I am curious to know, given the 100s of dog breeds out there, why does someone choose a pitbull for a pet? The reputation precedes them. And if it's for protection, a guard dog, you will pay the price when your pitbull pooch attacks someone innocent.
pitbulls are not an agressive breed so to speak. It's all in how they are raised. If you have an agressive owner, you have an aggressive dog. Whether it's a pitbull or a shitzu. Doesn't matter. Don't have a dog you can't handle. The only difference as far as aggression between a pitbull and other dogs is just their sheer power.
I can fight off a shitzu much easier than I can a pitbull just because of their strength. That's why you don't hear about alot of other dog attacks tho. They aren't always as serious as that of a pitbill because they can just cause so much damage. If you can't control a powerful dog, don't own one.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 01:21 PM
I have a pitbull and he is the most amazing dog I have ever had. He is very gentle and loving. I wouldn't trade him for anything. I have however been bitten by little dogs, and labs which are generally referred to as the "family pet"
My neighbor didn't want his children around my dog out of fear of an attack. But he took his daughter over to his friends and didn't think twice about the golden retriever which ended up biting her. This owner of the golden retriever also was the one calling my dog viscious and mean when I first got him and refused to come around also. Kinda ironic.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 01:16 PM

A different tangent here. Purely hypothetical. You're a woman, your boyfriend or husband cheats on you with another man. Would you feel better or worse than if it was a woman he cheated with? Maybe no difference. You're a man. Your girlfriend or wife cheats on you with another woman. Better or worse? No difference? Or perhaps a double standard?
cheating is cheating regardless of who it's with. However, if my bf cheated on me with another man I can only say I might feel better because I wouldn't have the "what does the other person have that I don't" question looming over me :wink:

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 11:22 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 11:10 AM

Heck I know adults I would love to duct tape their mouth shut if I could get away with it.

Come on lets sue the parents for having unruly kids notice they don't say what the kid was saying bet it was NOT thank you mam or no thank you.................

I have kids and hell I think this is ridiculous:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
AMEN!!!

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 11:03 AM
It's funny tho how most of of the reasons you listed blames the woman for him cheating.
Maybe he cheated cuz he's an azzhole.

Jill298's photo
Wed 02/03/10 11:02 AM
Why women cheat-

Copy and paste most of above.

Jill298's photo
Mon 02/01/10 06:47 PM
my grandma always made a corn and oysters casserole. mmmmmmm tasty

Jill298's photo
Mon 02/01/10 06:47 PM

My Grandma used to make black eyed peas and ham on new years. She would always put an old silver mercury dime in the dish. If you ended up with it you were supposed to have good luck for the year. Or a broken tooth....
blackeyed peas, I'm not sure why, but have been considered a good luck gesture on new years.

Jill298's photo
Sun 01/31/10 08:00 PM
The only car accident I've been in that was my fault is when I hit a priest. ohwell

Jill298's photo
Sun 01/31/10 07:54 PM
Well I love a conversation with a men smitten

Jill298's photo
Sat 01/30/10 11:11 PM
waving waving waving

Jill298's photo
Sat 01/30/10 10:59 PM

Does this mean I can't have any sausage?

Meatless sausage, tastes almost as good as the real thing! :wink:
that's like eating a tofu burger. I got to eat but I'm still hungry.

Jill298's photo
Sat 01/30/10 10:52 PM

Meatless sausage, tastes almost as good as the real thing! :wink:
not the same!! :angry: :angry:

Jill298's photo
Sat 01/30/10 02:30 PM

Jill298's photo
Sat 01/30/10 11:07 AM

Jill298's photo
Sat 01/30/10 10:47 AM

It is so hard being a single mom! I just don't understand why I have to do it all alone! Nothing has changed for him but I am doing this all alone! Was alone threw the pregnacy and now my son is 10 months old and I am still alone! How can someone only spend 18 hours a week with there child? Any advise to help me?

I'm helping my mom take care of my nephew. His mom sees him maybe every few monthes when she feels like it just so my mom will stop begging her to see him. The father hasn't seen him in I would say over a year now.

My mom has been out of work for about a year now, so at this time I'm "stuck" living with her to help her out. I moved back in with her about two years ago to help her with my nephew.

I'm still waiting to get back to MY life.
Yea it's amazing how your nephew's mom has managed to get on with her life without her son obviously not caring that she has taken away from your life. And your mom's. Some people are so selfish.

Jill298's photo
Fri 01/29/10 09:36 AM

Gwen wore a mixture of scents, I could find her in a dept. store, following her perfume. I have never smelled that scent again.
It was HER & her ONLY.
Thats unique. flowerforyou

Gwen was UNIQUE. Ck my profile, that is her profile on my chest.
Very beautiful flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Fri 01/29/10 09:13 AM

Gwen wore a mixture of scents, I could find her in a dept. store, following her perfume. I have never smelled that scent again.
It was HER & her ONLY.
Thats unique. flowerforyou