Community > Posts By > Jill298

Jill298's photo
Wed 01/20/10 11:03 AM
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh that was great

Jill298's photo
Wed 01/20/10 08:52 AM

One of the primary foundations of Christianity is immoral, and this would be vicarious redemption, where you can throw your sins onto someone elses shouders. This is simply one example of scapegoating. When sins are taken away simply through prayer, this takes away personal responsibility, which is perverse and immoral. A man would not need to seek the forgiveness of those he wronged, but all a man need to do is seek the forgiveness of Jesus. In a sense, this robs us somewhat of our ability to love our fellow man, for if we can transgress against others and not need their forgiveness to be absolved of our sins towards them, the only word that comes to mind to describe such an individual that would make this statement would be deranged. Also, christianity teaches us to love our fellow neighbor as we would love ourself, which is impossible, so we are always guilty of this crime. It demeans the term of love by making it a compulsory action. Another example, a God-follower relationship can be called a sadomasochistic relationship. To show absolute love to a being that will show love back until you make a mistake, then once again, you are "a worthless and dirty sinner". The God-follower relationship, by definition, fits the sadomasochistic relationship, which is perverse, unhealthy, and unethical. One more point would be that Christianity is a totalitarian system. If there is a God who could do these things and demand all these things of us, who is eternal and unchanging, we would be living under a dictatorship in which there is no chance for appeal, and one that could never change. One that knows our thoughts and can convict us of thought-crimes, and can condemn us to eternal punishment for actions in which we simply have the urge to take.

-This argument is borrowed from Christopher Hitchens, truly a wise individual.

"where you can throw your sins onto someone elses shouders." this has nothing to do with christianity don't know where you came up with this. Reason being for our sins being forgiven was cause christ was the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. That is because before Jesus walked this earth, people would sacrifice animals and other objects for forgiveness of their sins. But Jesus came and did away with that and sacrificed himself for our sins so we no longer had to sacrifice animals and things.
And how exactly does sacrificing a lamb pay for your sins you commited? Isn't it the lamb that had to pay and not you?

Jill298's photo
Wed 01/20/10 08:49 AM
Jesus may forgive but Pagans / Wiccans hold you responsible. flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Wed 01/20/10 08:47 AM
But that's thing, there is no fix for it. I think it may just by an illusion. The real problem is that I only think there is a problem and I will spend my whole life trying to fix it.

Ok so assume that is the case then. Often times these things are a life long battle. At least you know it and you can work on. It may never totally go away but you can be aware of it and try to at least improve.
At the risk of sounding totally cliche... it could be worse. Not to say it's not bad, but it could be a life long battle with something far more terrible. That's how I look at it with myself anyway.
Some days you're gonna win, and some you're gonna lose. The key is to win more than you lose.
All kinds of mental disorders such as depression are an illusion so to speak. It's only real to you. I know you're saying that maybe it's really not real, you just think it is. But it is real. That's how it feels. If it were truly an illusion, you woulda been over this long ago.

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 10:28 PM

I've always been suicidal

but I'm such a procrastinator

Same here, besides the depression takes so much energy from me. I wouldn't have the energy to go through with it anyway. ohwell

Seriously though, if I could find out what my real problem is, I would be so happy. I'm thinking I may have schizophrenia. I'm not sure though. I don't have hallucinations, but I do get paranoid and anxiety. I obviously have depression as well. I think my depression is more of a symptom than the actual problem though. I don't know though.
Sometimes there is no specific reason. That's the part that'll really drive you crazy.
Sometimes it just is what it is and you have to treat it as such. Your best ally is your own will to overcome it. (Besides seeing a doctor if this is an option)
But sometimes you have to simply decide you're not going to go thru this today. And then tomorrow, you decide for yourself again, you're not going thru this today. Don't get to far ahead of yourself.
But doing this, at least for me, helped alot. It put me back in charge of my own happiness and depression. I really am responsible for how happy I am, and am not.
I'll never be a fully happy person, just because I've lost so much that the wounds are to deep to totally heal. The scars are there. But, I can have a better quality from day to day than I was having. It doesn't have to hurt everyday. It really doesn't.

Yeah, I'm afraid that's what it is. But, I have to try every other opition before I can admit that. When I was being treated for depression nothing worked, it all just made me tired, it didn't fix any problems.
well then that just leaves you to fix it flowerforyou

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 10:13 PM

I've always been suicidal

but I'm such a procrastinator

Same here, besides the depression takes so much energy from me. I wouldn't have the energy to go through with it anyway. ohwell

Seriously though, if I could find out what my real problem is, I would be so happy. I'm thinking I may have schizophrenia. I'm not sure though. I don't have hallucinations, but I do get paranoid and anxiety. I obviously have depression as well. I think my depression is more of a symptom than the actual problem though. I don't know though.
Sometimes there is no specific reason. That's the part that'll really drive you crazy.
Sometimes it just is what it is and you have to treat it as such. Your best ally is your own will to overcome it. (Besides seeing a doctor if this is an option)
But sometimes you have to simply decide you're not going to go thru this today. And then tomorrow, you decide for yourself again, you're not going thru this today. Don't get to far ahead of yourself.
But doing this, at least for me, helped alot. It put me back in charge of my own happiness and depression. I really am responsible for how happy I am, and am not.
I'll never be a fully happy person, just because I've lost so much that the wounds are to deep to totally heal. The scars are there. But, I can have a better quality from day to day than I was having. It doesn't have to hurt everyday. It really doesn't.

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 10:00 PM
not if he always refers to himself as an ugly old man.

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:40 PM

I'm not much for perfumes. But I have found that I like is shampoo.
Gosh it makes her smell soooo good lol.
:thumbsup:

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:39 PM

I love a man

fresh out of the shower

smelling like

a man

and

nothing

else!:heart:
mmmmmmm smitten

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:34 PM

spock slaphead Dang!

I gotta stay away from posts like this..:wink:

:tongue: blushing
laugh laugh why?

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:29 PM
and guys "axe" won't help a dirty boy get clean at my house laugh

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:28 PM

Berries... or some facsimile of that.
I'm not too aware/particular. I like girls who experiment with perfume... just not obsessively.

I know it sounds funny but I love the smell of dryer sheets on a girl.

Just keeping it real.
So you like a clean type of a scent then?

That's fair to say.
Earthy is accurate, too, though.
Smell has so much to do with emotional triggers, ya know.
agreed. I say a "clean scent" because that's what it reminds me of.
As far as candles, I hate food candles. I don't want an apple pie or oatmeal cookies candle. I want my house to smell fresh, like clean linen or "ocean breeze" something like that.

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:26 PM

Hummmm myself I don't care for the musk smell on guys. But then I really just don't care for musk on anyone.

Actually as far as any specific kind naw for what smells good on one may not on the next. But I tell ya there is nothing better then have a guy walk by and he has found that certain cologne that just melts yadrool
mmmmmm I agree. smitten smitten

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:21 PM

Berries... or some facsimile of that.
I'm not too aware/particular. I like girls who experiment with perfume... just not obsessively.

I know it sounds funny but I love the smell of dryer sheets on a girl.

Just keeping it real.
So you like a clean type of a scent then?

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:19 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Tue 01/19/10 09:20 PM

Just rub a little fried chicken behind your ears and I'm all yours.

laugh laugh laugh

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:17 PM
shocked surprised scared I just almost threw up

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:15 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Tue 01/19/10 09:20 PM
Guys what is your fav scent on a woman? Perfume? Soaps? Are they any out there that you just really like?
And ladies, what kind of cologn do you like on a man?

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:12 PM
Edited by Jill298 on Tue 01/19/10 09:13 PM

Jill, don't let my cleverness lead you away from the fact that, deep down - I'm a really nice guy.

That was a joke, too. I think i have a dry sense of humour.
I have no doubt you're a nice guy flowerforyou and I appreciate a good dry sense of humor.

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:09 PM

For the record, all of my previous posts were for humour. I don't own a baseball bat, axe, or any type of gun.

I have a couple knives... but I think knives are cool.
you still scare me scared

Really? Why?
laugh laugh cuz 'plastic pancakes' just aint right :wink:

Jill298's photo
Tue 01/19/10 09:08 PM

As a pacifist I would have to kill em with kindness, and probably use the Yanni cd also.
I may be a lil bit of a pacifist but my dog sure isn't. laugh