Tue 02/12/08 08:26 PM

Mirror's here!!! :tongue:
drinker bigsmile drinker bigsmile drinker bigsmile

Lock up the woman and children mirror is here noway
devil grumble devil grumble devil grumble

Go gettem Mirror!!! drinker drinker drinker laugh

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:19 PM

Morality is subjective. Right and wrong is subjective to a society. There are universal rights and wrongs such as killing others that should be complete consensus but even that can be subjective as with the death penalty. Killing is moral in some societies in that instance.

Morality is actually developed by a group or town or nation of people that decide through agreement what is moral and just. Some use religion for their choices others use the intelligence of the community. If you consider that in some societies marriage age is 14 or so and others it is 18 or over, this is a moral decision made by the community. Different states here in the US have different laws for the marriage age of youngsters. This is a moral judgement. Sexual consent is a moral decision made different per state here in the US.

Yeh, what she said...and then some! noway bigsmile drinker laugh flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:14 PM

It an't so bad.. It's when the wind is blowing.. Yikes

ROFL..yeh, they call those TORNADOS!!! noway :tongue: laugh

And a bad winter -5 and bad summer 105 with HUMIDITY out the yass! noway :tongue: laugh

And add to that,. not much in the "entertainment realm..well it use to be a good place to raise a family and the people were "real" and down to earth. But otherwise I'll stay where there is a little more excitement than watching the cars rust and the grass grow. bigsmile drinker laugh flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:08 PM

10pm here it is 41 degrees.. NE Oklahoma

LOL..lived in Tulsa area most of my life...you can keep it. noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:06 PM

I knew there was something good about this place! noway bigsmile drinker drinker smokin flowerforyou

Other way around here!

68 p.m. and 8 degrees....

laugh laugh laugh drinker

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:06 PM

at 8pm it was in the 70's here :tongue:

LOL..yeh Madam..that pic just reminds me of....well next time use lube sweetheart! noway :tongue: laugh flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 08:03 PM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Tue 02/12/08 08:03 PM

Basically, how do you think morality originated? What is the "basis" for morality?

Do you think people have an innate sense of "right" and "wrong"? Do you believe right and wrong come in absolute forms, or are they relative to individuals and culture?

Your thoughts?

Wow!

Great question!!!! Never thought about that one.

In most respects I believe it to be "taught" in most cases. I think there can be some however, who have an innate sense. Those with a bit more intellect.

So I think both play roles, but mostly depends on the individual.

Great question! flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 07:55 PM
I knew there was something good about this place! noway bigsmile drinker drinker smokin flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 05:47 PM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Tue 02/12/08 05:47 PM

guided more by your head, heart, or genitalia?

I have none of the above...my government decides whats best for me! noway noway noway :tongue: laugh laugh laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 05:28 PM

I have a 19 year old son and now he loves to tell me he is asked out, by older women. grumble All you can do at that age is playfully call names. I think an 18 and a 16 year old are not that far apart in age. We'd all love to think our kids are perfect, but I know I wasn't. Oh well there is hopeful wishing!

LOL..good point!! And we see more and more..its the "older women" going after the BOYS..and I mean BOYS!!! Like the teacher with the 13 or 14 year old was it??

So we can at least say this is NOT a GENDER bias issue! And many more "older women" going after much younger guys...they call them COUGARS I found out. yet an older guy going after a young woman is a PERVERT! WOW! noway :tongue: laugh

So to say or even THINK anyone has an exact correct solution for all this...well that's just unrealistic. flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 11:36 AM

Ok! First off, I hate it when people post Factoid's they apparently have not researched. Most states now the age of consent is 17 years of age. Some it is as low as 16 depending on the state that you are from. In the state of Missouri you can get married at the age of 14 with parental consent. Thus, if you are married then you have the capability of having kids and sex. Now, in the state of Missouri, which is a traditional state! You can sex at the age of 14 as long as the person that you are having sex with is not 21 or over. The reason this law was enacted was do to the fact that many girls ages 14-16 were seeking older men. ages 17-20. It is a known fact that woman most of the time prefer older men do to the lack of maturity on the males part. Now, if you want to challenge me on these laws then feel free. I am a concerned parent and one these days my son will be in that age bracket. Everyone should be held responsible for thier own actions. Heck, if you can put a 9 year old boy in jail for shooting someone. Then, you should be able to put a 14 year old girl whereever for going out and sequestering sex. It ain't always the males fault. Takes two to tango.

AMEN!

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 11:17 AM

ROFL...now this is SO FUNNY! Watching all these guys say "kick his ass" etc etc.. First how old is the girl..is she like 17? And say her boyfriend is like 19. Wow, what a difference there!

Now everybody GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!

Girls, when you were 17, did you know, like and even date guys 19?? I bet MOST have! And guys, when you were 19, did you not see , date and even try to get some sex from your 17 year old girlfriend!!??

LET's GET REAL FOLK'S!!! GEEZ!!!!

Acting like something is such a CRIME!

here's a GREAT EXAMPLE!!

Back when I was studying law around 1980..right here in the great USA, in the state of Massechusetts, it was STILL IN THE LAW BOOKS.. a boy 13 and a girl 12 could get MARRIED!!!!

And look at the age sets from countries around the world! Some are as low as 12!! In many countries, girls get married at 14!!! And start having kids at 15!!!

So pull your heads out! At least take a look at the REAL WORLD and MAYBE you can broaden your minds at least a little bit! bigsmile flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

PEACE! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

Girl just turned 16, boy 19, glad to see you would be ok with it, I truly wouldnt, but then again not sure but I guess it's just how we are reared. Most place value on material things instead of their own person.

And just because things happened in the 1980's like you reference does not make it right.

Umm no, thats why I asked her age. If she just turned 16 and he is 19, no I would NOT be ok with that one. because here in the USA, there is an extreme high probability (90+%) they guy is just going after sex..period. And that in ANY case is WRONG!

But I have seen people "flip" when when its consentual and the girl is like 17 and the guy 19..that I see nothing wrong with. Because it's NATURAL and something that GOD made!

There is proof of that everywhere..including in the Bible! So I am just stating from a "world" perspective..not an "American" one. Many times it depends on the specific situation.

Even in America just 100 years ago, it was "common" for girls to MARRY at 14 or 15 in almost every state! And still today some states set statutory rape at 16...why? Because they know and realize that sexual activity is COMMON after that age.

Again, every situation can be different and should be seen as such. In the case the girl jjust turned 16 and the guy is 19, well its rather obvious whats going on there...and in that case, it is WRONG. flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 10:55 AM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Tue 02/12/08 10:57 AM
ROFL...now this is SO FUNNY! Watching all these guys say "kick his ass" etc etc.. First how old is the girl..is she like 17? And say her boyfriend is like 19. Wow, what a difference there!

Now everybody GO LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!!

Girls, when you were 17, did you know, like and even date guys 19?? I bet MOST have! And guys, when you were 19, did you not see , date and even try to get some sex from your 17 year old girlfriend!!??

LET's GET REAL FOLK'S!!! GEEZ!!!!

Acting like something is such a CRIME!

here's a GREAT EXAMPLE!!

Back when I was studying law around 1980..right here in the great USA, in the state of Massechusetts, it was STILL IN THE LAW BOOKS.. a boy 13 and a girl 12 could get MARRIED!!!!

And look at the age sets from countries around the world! Some are as low as 12!! In many countries, girls get married at 14!!! And start having kids at 15!!!

So pull your heads out! At least take a look at the REAL WORLD and MAYBE you can broaden your minds at least a little bit! bigsmile flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

PEACE! flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 10:44 AM

Somethindiff,

You are not talking about a bad relationship - you are talking about an abusive relationship. There is a big difference. An abusive relationship is a whole nother story. An abusive relationship doesn't involve love because in most cases the abusive individuals are not capable of love. Even the positive acts are not acts of love.

Wow! There is an old saying..you can't see the forest because of the tree in your face.

Again, it is CLEAR you have not LIVED in a "bad" relationship and do not seem to understand that "bad relationship" includes abuse, neglect..basically ANYTHING BAD that when you put both the good and the bad on the scales, the bad outweighs the good.

For you to say there is a BIG difference between a "bad" relationship and an "abusive" one is asinine!!! As Drifter pointed out so very clearly.. ABUSE = BAD. ANYONE can figure that one out. And to try to seperate all the "bad" things is just rediculous.

no photo
Tue 02/12/08 12:38 AM

Well my dear shorty, if its any consulation... its better to have to deal with loneliness (which sux big time) than to have to deal with having a bad relationship. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

But the process of discovering someone, having the good and bad times, does prevent someone from being lonely. So I don't know if I would agree that a bad relationship is worse then being lonely.

Sort of the idea behind its better to have loved and lost then to never having loved.

LOL..no disrespect intended Rabi (sorry you just look like one..just a hunch), but try being in a truly "bad realtionship" then lets see your answer. I only speak from experience..i was not "taught" this. bigsmile flowerforyou

I don't doubt the pain, sumthindif, it can be hell. But still the magic of having love in your heart is the most powerful force in the universe. It might not feel that during moments of pain and deep hurt - but ultimately its true.

Again, no disrespect and I do understand where you are coming from..unfortunately it is from a textbook.

When you have been in such a relationship, let me give you a small example. You are married to a woman who literally forces you into a room and will block the door, she knowing full well, as a man you will not touch a woman in anger..period. So you as the man are literally stuck, cornered with no real way out, unless you try to physically remove her out of your way so you can simply get out and away from this hell. But since the situation would onlt escalate to violence, the man endures HOURS (and I always said, if you can t=yell at the top of your lungs for 8 hours straight and NOT lose you voice..thats toom much damn practice) and even one time you have to call the cops, so they come out just so you can leave to get away from the situation, instead of being verbally pounded and sometimes even struck, knowing you can;t even strike back, because that is against everything you are made of as a man.

So I have LIVED on both sides of this fence, experienced it first hand in both matters...living in a bad relationship and having to deal with lonliness. So I have the scars and the real truth to place on the scales. Loneliness STINKS and can be a very rough emotion to deal with. But place it up against being and living in a truly bad relationship, by the true definition, having to deal with the loneliness is easier..hands down.

Again, mine is from experience..not a book or classroom. You live on both sides of the fence..then you are qualified to give a truly accurate opinion.

Again, not a cutdown and I do respect your opinion. However I do percieve you are talking from an "outsider's" viewpoint. flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 02/11/08 11:56 PM

Well my dear shorty, if its any consulation... its better to have to deal with loneliness (which sux big time) than to have to deal with having a bad relationship. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

But the process of discovering someone, having the good and bad times, does prevent someone from being lonely. So I don't know if I would agree that a bad relationship is worse then being lonely.

Sort of the idea behind its better to have loved and lost then to never having loved.

LOL..no disrespect intended Rabi (sorry you just look like one..just a hunch), but try being in a truly "bad realtionship" then lets see your answer. I only speak from experience..i was not "taught" this. bigsmile flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 02/11/08 11:34 PM

Is there anyone else out there lonely like I am?

Just wondering, if I'm the only one:cry: sad :cry:

no photo
Mon 02/11/08 11:16 PM

wrong site...only men here

is that why we can't find any intelligent life forms ??

Hey, I am IN SHAPE!!! Didn't you ever learn..ROUND is a SHAPE! noway :tongue: laugh laugh flowerforyou flowerforyou

no photo
Mon 02/11/08 10:39 PM
Truly, most today do not know what "real love" is. I think mainly due to lack of understanding, lack of example and so many people, as others have stated, using the term "I love you" with little or no weight to give it real meaning.

So is it still out there..YES! But its just a lot harder to find..and maybe even harder for the other person to see how genuine your's can really be. flowerforyou

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 24 25