Community > Posts By > geektothetenth

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 11:19 PM

interesting double standard?? hmmmmm ...now it's a typo.

yeah typo like forgetting a letter, like when I wrote vernacular and I forgot the last a. That is a typo not spelling standerd like that. ok got it?

You wrote "vernacualr" so now it's vernacualar. The more you try the worse it's getting, care to buy another vowel?

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 11:16 PM

haha

<-----------smartass

yes, I saw that, but I forgive you. lol I'm assuming you know how to spell?

npoe, Eye cane olny sepll vernacular

lol that's too bad!

You also misspelled randomly in your profile.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 11:11 PM

haha

<-----------smartass

yes, I saw that, but I forgive you. lol I'm assuming you know how to spell?

npoe, Eye cane olny sepll vernacular

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:59 PM
haha

<-----------smartass

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:55 PM

yeah the guy at the top says something about judgemental? how about being judgemental about the vernacualr you use? I mean come on everyone knows y'all is a word!

vernacular

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:40 PM
This thread reminds me of an episode of futurama.

Zapp Brannigan tells Leela "I suffer from a very sexy learning disability, what do I call it Kif?"

kif: sigh... "sexlexia"

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:24 PM

thazs y me lkz dophnutz cuz uh thi holz!!!!

smokin drinker bigsmile

maybe
that's why me like doughnuts cause of the holes?

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:16 PM
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:06 PM

I have noticed that for some strange reason there seems to be more racism here in IL than there was in Arkansas...

I was in a town for 11 years where the races were about even population wise. It seemed most people blended quite nicely with each other and no one seemed to care. The one's who did kept it to themselves. Here the people are just more rude all around. Maybe that's it. Maybe in the south people are nice enough that even if they don't like it they don't say anything.

Here they don't care whose feelings they hurt. My baby cousin is 14, she's the most beautiful biracial girl I've ever seen, and just a few weeks ago at school some little f*ckhead called her that horrid word that I dare not repeat. Jayme almost went to jail for that one... My aunt warned her to not tell me...lol, but she didn't listen. Jayme went off on a little girl.

I think that because the area had an equal mix people might have different racial sensitivities. Here in philly about 50% of the population is black and if anyone ever came out and said some ignorant s*** like that they'd probably get jumped by both white and black people. First it insults black people and then it insults white people who have black friends. Things in philly seem to be more drawn on class lines than race lines....eh everywhere has issues.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 10:03 PM
different strokes for different folks I guess. Some people want someone who can communicate in a normal intellectual way. Some people want someone who is so drunk that their profile resembles a mad lib gone horribly wrong. Myself, I'm thinking of writing my profile backwards cause I have a fetish for aixelsyd.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:58 PM
Naw that was to jistme, you must've posted before I finished. I think we're 2 peas in a pod.

Sometimes reading someone else's words or seeing a different perspective just elucidates and solidifies your thoughts and gets the ball rolling. Of course at the end of the day no amount of reading or listening to someone else can make you change yourself.

Yeah the terms are offputting and some of the stuff is really along morally shady lines. The way I look at it is if it's not the way I'd want a guy treating my mom or sister it's not something I'd want to do.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 09:26 PM
Edited by geektothetenth on Mon 12/17/07 09:29 PM
What you wrote is interesting because it sounds almost exactly like what I read in a book that chief reccomended.

Let me clarify something cause you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I'm busily learning one liners, openers, closers, tactics for seduction etc. I don't really care to learn the hundreds of myriad terms for everything from A1 to O12 or whatever else. I don't care to walk outside my door and be able to start hitting on girls left and right. I don't need a fistful of numbers to validate me.

Both the book I mention and my time here at JSH has served me well in realizing that my shyness or negative self images are only perceptions I have in my mind, that past feelings of inadequecy are little more than handcuffs I mentally put on and bound myself with. To let go of those and feel good about just being myself.

I'm only on this thread in an attempt to point out that not all of this stuff is manipulation, seduction, and living a lifestyle with the sole attempt to bang anything that moves. Some of this stuff can be found in any number of self help books that have nothing at all to do with picking up women.

The words you quoted were not an attempt to excuse my behavoir, I don't see why I would have reason to excuse my behavoir, perhaps I'm a bit of a smartass but it's in jest and I don't feel like I've made comments in an attacking manner. Those words were expressing periods in my life where I wasn't comfortable in my own skin, a bit of self analysis looking at my past and what might have led me to be so shy. Negative self image has to come from somewhere, it's not a congenital trait nor is it a healthy one to have.

You seem to be of the opinion that people should never change unless they can do it under their own power. That people who have issues within themselves that they want to change shouldn't seek a therapist or read a self help book to clarify their perspective and perhaps see things from a different one.

I'm not particularly worried about my future. I work hard, I'm honest, contrary to what you might believe I don't objectify women nor do I attempt to play any games. I have no wish to be Don Juan or Mystery nor lead their lifestyle, just a wish to find a great woman who wants to be with me and wants to be my partner in creating a fun, generous, giving life. And I don't understand why you would have an issue with me wanting to be more self confident, self reliant, and more able to approach a woman in public just to say hello, how are you, my name's Will and I'd like to grab a cup of coffee with you to get to know you better.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:17 PM
Both are great but I think I like Family Guy a little better, plus most of the girls said Family guy so I'm just trying to get in good with themlaugh laugh

I love the episode where Cleveland's wife cheats on him and Peter and Brian see it. Peter says that he should be the one to tell him cause he's good at giving bad news and then they go into the AIDs song in babershop quartet style.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:09 PM

we all bleed red.!!!

please stop stabbing people to prove that point though laugh

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:08 PM

I PERSONALLY REFUSE TO DATE WITHIN MY RACE BECAUSE OF THE PAIN AND SUFFERING I WENT THRU WITH MY HUSBAND. I AM PROUD TO DATE OUTSIDE OF MY RACE BECAUSE LOVE HAS NO AGE OR COLOR. MY PARENTS DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT I DATE OUTSIDE MY RACE, BUT I AM LIVING MY OWN LIFE AND I AM DOING WHAT I FEEL IS RIGHT FOR ME. DONT LET ANYONE TELL YOUR SISTER WHAT TO DO. IF SHE IS NOT COMFORTABLE WITH IT, THEN IT IS NOT FOR HER. BUT IF SHE HAS NO PROBLEM WITH IT, WHO ELSE HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT IS RIGHT FOR HER??????? ABSOLUTELY NOONE!!!!

I think that's just as racist but in a different way. It's also a really poor use of majuscule lettering. If love has no color than why would you refuse to date within your own race because of one unique person.

I've dated outside and within my own race, don't see any issues with it.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 07:04 PM
Oh but Jistme and I were talking about the show on VH1 so my analogy is still valid.

I don't consider all this stuff filth. If you haven't read it then don't judge it by what it sounds like. Sure I think a lot of it is a bit distasteful, some of it is morally questionable but a lot of it makes a point to tell people to be confident and be funny. The stuff about "inner game", as I've mentioned before is about being confident in yourself. What's the 2 things nearly every woman says are attractive...confidence, sense of humor.

Some people are naturally confident, some people due to social circumstances or because of events in their life aren't. I never had an abundance of self esteem, being smaller than the other kids, being the only asian in an all white school, not being athletically gifted, being intellectually gifted not exactly the recipe for mr. popular. Add to that the feeling that I never did well enough for my parents (my parents wanted me to retake the SATs after I scored a 1500, cause my math score could have been better). A 80 was a horrible failure, even a 99 would lead them to ask why I didn't get 100.

There's also the social aspect of being an asian male in the US . Asian men are emasculated, seen as not sexually desireable men (just watch the movies, how much ass must Jet Li kick to land the chick in a movie compared to Steven Segal or Van Damme?)

Anyways, this isn't about my past hangups. There are a lot of people out there who just do not have confidence and the "inner game" address this specifically. It's not about learning one liners that's the assumption people make when they think of the term "pick up".

If women fell for the realness as you describe why are there daily posts from women saying "why can't I find a nice guy?" Why are there daily posts from nice guys saying "why can't I find a woman who appreciates me?" I'm not making these questions up, they are all over the board. And if a nice guy can't gain a confident mindset and approach women how is she ever going to see him for who he is?

I read some of this stuff, I take from it what I want to take from it. The points that some PUAs make about being confident and how to exude that through body language, and how to shift your mindset to one that's more confident are valid IMO. People don't have to follow everything they say, a lot of these guys have different opinions anyways, but it's not all horrible and manipulative.

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 03:19 PM

There is a vast difference between actively trying to change a behavior or life style, and adopting someone else's.

If I wanted to be a Brain Surgeon.. there is more involved to it, then buying a white lab coat and some scrubs, then talking like a Brain Surgeon.

Ture, if you wanted to be a Brain Surgeon you'd go to medical school and residency where you'd be trained as a brain surgeon. Now who do you think is going to be teaching the classes and doing the training? Are you going to just slice people's heads open until you figure it out yourself?

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 08:03 AM
But those social morons wanted to change. They desired to be something that they were not. So for arguments sake you're saying that if their "natural habitat" was playing AD&D in mommy's basement they shouldn't try to be what they want to be but rather continue their lives which obviously wasn't making them happy in the first place? If you want to pursue a goal, no matter how inane others might find that goal to be, don't you need to take an active approach to do it?

geektothetenth's photo
Mon 12/17/07 07:35 AM
Try to forget about her completely. If you try to stay friends you'll most likely get suckered in again. I'm just guessing that you'll have a hard time staying "friends" since you've gotten back together with her 3 times.

geektothetenth's photo
Sun 12/16/07 04:56 PM
YEEEEAAAHHHHH this has been a very tough season to deal with as an Eagles fan. They probably won't make the playoffs but at least we beat Dallas.