Community > Posts By > geektothetenth

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 11:26 PM
I hate anything white grumble stupid transcontinental railroad laugh laugh laugh

I'm originally from upstate NY, I don't consider it snowing unless they report it in feet.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 11:20 PM
Did anyone else realize that she lives in Indonesia....pretty far trip laugh Hate to burst your bubble but nearly everyone on this board is from the US except for the russian girl who's trying to get me to buy her from the russian mob, and that nigerian guy who's constantly asking me to send cash so he can collect his diamonds.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 11:15 PM
Like kalamazoo said, it depends, in some things it's probably better to be opposite and in some things it's probably better to be similar.

Examples
A dominant personality and submissive personality works well together.
A person who's a bit wild and someone pragmatic, the wild one lends passion to the other and the pragmatic one keeps the other grounded.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:56 PM

Rick1980:

So, if men are based solely on "looks", does that mean some women should quit dating for life, according to what you believe? I think that's crap, personally, and indicates major shallowness, big time.

Your initial question did not include the word "solely" on looks. It said, "Does 1 man exist that doesn't go by looks?"

Sorry, there isn't ONE person that doesn't go by that. It is called physical attraction. It is NOT the sole reason for choosing a mate but it is ONE reason and kind of important.

You tend to imply that every man is looking for a model. I like women with meat on their bones, curvy, "healthy" whatever you want to call it. I saw a guy's profile on another site that said, "If you are 30 pounds overweight, don't contact me" I knew a guy who dated 300 pound women and he was about 130 pounds. We are all attracted to different things.

I can tell you one thing I'm not attracted to, negative attitude towards the opposite sex. huh

Almost all of us on here have been burned in past relationships. Either you learn from it, move on and grow stronger or you wallow in it and act like a "victim".

Well said.

Another thing that I wouldn't be attracted to, someone constantly complaining about the same ole thing as if it's a guys fault that he has a certain standard whatever it might be.

You don't see stupid people complaining, oh why am I being discriminated against cause I'm a moron. That's a deal breaker with me, no matter how hot a girl is, if she's dumb as a rock I simply can't see myself trying to talk to her. Or if a girl has a horrible personality.

It's about the total package. Which includes looks, personality, intellect, humor etc. Seems like this topic has been done to death lately. No matter how many times you start this topic, reality is what it is. Different guys have different standards, I see girls who I'm not attracted to with guys all the time, there is no 1 standard.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 09:57 PM
what about

11. What do ya mean what are these? They're pieces of my bed springs, we used those for tatooting in San Quentin all the time.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 10:25 AM

laugh laugh laugh ...ok?..thanks for sharing...

flowerforyou

Well, now you know what's supposed to attract and seduce you...duh. hehe flowerforyou

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 09:38 AM
Well. my cocky funny probably isn't exactly the same as what PUA's describe (I think), I don't really read that much of that stuff and I don't know all the terms. I guess when I'm being cocky funny it's more like teasing (negs maybe, I'm not sure if that's right). I'll make fun of her a little, but then I'll make fun of myself. It's just the way my humor tends to be.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 09:22 AM
You can be cocky if you use humor as well. Being cocky without the humor makes you arrogant and women hate that. But being a little cocky in a joking manner is good. Make sure that you know how to use tone so they know it's a joke.

geektothetenth's photo
Sat 12/08/07 09:16 AM
Edited by geektothetenth on Sat 12/08/07 09:19 AM
Confidence is big. When I was growing up I never had a lot of confidence. As an asian male growing up in a all white community it was tough, I was 5'4 in highschool, 120 pounds, not good at sports, and really smart. Needless to say not a lot of dates or attention. It wasn't until I got to college that I opened up a little, started feeling better about myself. The one thing I did develop in highschool was a smartass wit.

I read part of an ebook that Chief recommended. John Alexander's How to be an Alpha Male. A lot of this stuff I already kinda knew but I just never really put it into practice. If you don't have confidence, fake it. Fake it until it becomes natural. It's all perception, you feel a certain way about yourself, other people probably see you differently. I never realized how many beta things I did throughout the day until I became conscious of it.

Looking down, averting people's eyes, bad posture, not smiling, closed posture etc. I dialogue with myself all day, I tell myself I'm the F'in MAN, I'm the S***. I walk straight but relaxed, I force myself to make eye contact, I remember funny things which naturally makes me smile in a normal unforced way.I practice smiling, yeah weird, but I'll be all alone in my car and grinning like a weirdo. I try to shift my mindset. I think about the great qualities I have that a girl would love. My intellect, my wit,my humor, my sense of ethics and honor.

Develop an alpha mentality, it makes a world of difference. You end up being less needy, you don't beg a girl to be with you, you just treat them like you treat your friends. You don't put them on pedastals because you are their equals, you are a desirable male and a girl would be lucky to have to you in their life.

JSH has also been a big influence on gaining a better sense of self confidence. I've written several humorous posts and the response I've gotten has been so positive that it can't help but make me feel good about myself.

I use humor all the time, most girls love to laugh. I use it in my profile, I use it in my emails and on the forums.

I'm on match.com. I've used bits of my "10 reasons to date an asian" post on my profile there. I began emailing this very pretty asian girl. Pretty asian girls get a TON of emails on match, I'm talking 50+ per day minimum. You need to stand out, don't use the stupid profiles everyone else uses. Take the time to make yours funny, witty, and most of all STAND OUT. In that first email you need to show you read her entire profile, you need to write a subject line that makes her open the email.

Don't write Hello, or Hi sexy, or I'm not like other guys. They get a million messages like that, use some crazy random words jumbled.
"manatees hate ice cream" "robotic platapus is attacking me" "you suck" stuff like this makes someone at least open your email cause it's different, they want to find out why you think they suck. Then go into your email remembering to show that you read their profile and that you're funny. Make fun of the lame emails that she's getting from the lame dudes who send out the cookie cutter crap.

Last thing, be someone who's going somewhere. Learn skills. Having expertise in a certain area automatically makes you an alpha when dealing with that area. Ever see how the girls swoon around the guy who can dance really well in the club, not just kinda sway back and forth but really dance. There's a reason why I'm learning how to pop. I do enjoy it a lot, it's fun, but it confers alpha status. Learn skills that you're interested I practice cooking, I practice popping, martial arts, calligraphy, cartooning. I have a lot of hobbies. It enriches your life and being good at things is attractive and gives you authority on that subject.

I'm not an athlete, I'm not a model, I'm not wealthy, but I am ME and I have a lot to offer an indepent, strong, intellectual, funny, cute gal.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 11:00 PM
I dunno, I'm a smartass nearly all the time. It cracks people up and people love to laugh. Seriously, I'm a sarcastic smartass to my boss all the time to (not at her, but about other things) she always laughs.

I've noticed that girls respond to me more when I'm "natural" around them, I'm bagging on people, making smartass comments etc. It's when I start to walk on eggshells that I'd lose em.

Short story:
A female friend of my roommate in college came over to hang out with a movie one night. She brought her roomie along as well. The movie was Evita (madonna's in it). So they put in the movie and everyone's watching quietly for like 30-45min. Now I'm thinking to myself, this sucks, it's the worst movie I've ever seen and I'd rather do physics homework than watch this movie (but I bite my tongue cause everyone's quiet, I assume they like the movie and I don't want to offend my roomies pal (cause he liked her). At the one hour point, I've had it so I just yell out "seriously, this movie F'in Blows". Everyone cracks up, I start bagging on the movie left and right. By the end of the night the friends roommate asked me out.

Humor is one of the traits women look at most. If you can make a girl laugh, that's half the battle.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 10:50 PM
Online is a different dynamic. In some ways maybe better. I don't know, I often find that I express myself better in written form and I think a lot of people are similar. You can talk via email for awhile to screen someone before meeting.

Is it any more safe for some random dude to walk up to you drunk at the club and get your number...then they have your name and number right off the bat plus they could follow you home.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 10:29 PM

Yes, you are correct. However, the "ideal," as displayed by art, is an embracement of the construct of the artist's imagination by society rather than a true reflection of biological imperative.

Yes, but it does play a role in what people consider attractive. Similar to the popularity of certain fashions, so and so buys Louis Vuitton bags so all of the sudden females HAVE to have it.

But to the topic at hand, people find what they find attractive. It doesn't really matter if someone thinks it's right or wrong, that's the world we live in and people just have to deal with it.

It's funny, you never hear people with personality dysfunctions come out and say "oh why do people judge me on my personality, it's just wrong". Why is it okay to judge people on intellect, sense of humor, personality and not looks? I judge people based on the total package presented.

[Mission Control: we have found intelligent life]
It's lovely that you actually can converse intellectually.

Why thank you, I also quite good at waxing moronic laugh

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 10:14 PM

to me love isn't taking her out to dinner every night, it's learning how to cook so that she doesn't have to do all the cooking when you have a household.

I cant cook man.. i just want to hava long lasting relationship

That's why I said learning how to. You're young you have plenty of time. Taking a girl out for a meal is cool but showing her that you have a skill that translates into the adult domestic world, a skill that not a lot of men possess, and also that you took the time and effort to cook, it's worth it.

It's really not that hard to learn, find recipes for simple things you like to eat online, buy groceries and just try. Nobody's born knowing how. It's the most useful skill to have cause otherwise you'll be eating fast food all the time or blowing money left and right. Every time I visit my mom I have her teach me how to make something. You don't have to be world class chef, but if you can make good homestyle food and a few desserts, it'll knock her socks off.

A lot of girls get asked out to dinner at the nicest restaurants, but if you can make her a great meal, you'll stand out from the herd.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 10:02 PM
That's great, I'm like the bizarro Wii, lol. I'm not in school anymore, there aren't any girls at work I'm attracted to, I've actually had more luck meeting people online. I had less trouble in college but I moved to a new area, people at my job suck so it is what it is. Good luck

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 09:31 PM

What is love? (love love) Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more

eh, if it didn't hurt sometimes, it wouldn't be love. lol

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 09:14 PM

Geek whats ur deal here man..you look pathetic

Care to elaborate on what makes me look pathetic?

dont worry bout it man
we offered the solutions but he didn't bite
let natural selection tell him whether he's right or wrong

lol, trust me, I don't worry about what anyone says about me online. Self confidence right chief.

You shouldn't care what other people think either theels. And just cause I have a different opinion doesn't mean I'm pathetic, that's how immature people act, calling people names because of a different point of view instead of discussing the differences and the validity of someone elses views.

I don't look at women like I need to coddle them through life. I want a woman to be with me because of WHO I am not WHAT I can do for them. You've asked me if I knew what love was:

to me love isn't taking her out to dinner every night, it's learning how to cook so that she doesn't have to do all the cooking when you have a household.

It's sharing in the chores cause it's not fair for one person to be doing everything.

Love is as much about dealing with the bad things that happen in a relationship as much as sharing in the joys.

Love is what happens after the infatuation over and you still want to be with that person cause you enjoy their company and they enjoy yours.

Love isn't always being honest with her, sometimes you need to just tell her what she wants to hear so she'll feel good.

Let me guess, you've never been in a relationship. Cause you sound like me before I was ever in a relationship. Relationships aren't about what you're willing to do for the other person it's about 2 people enjoying each others company not expecting the other person to do anything for them whatsoever.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:43 PM

my point is that these are not cheese ball manipulation tactics; they are just ways to communicate effectively and elicit responses...that's what LANGUAGE is.

Hey fill yer boots have fun with it I'm just calling it as I see it.

I was courting Babes and wining them and dinning them when you were wetting your daipers.

Thats great if you have a natural way with women. I do read some of the PUA stuff, mostly the "inner game" stuff. It's made me realize how to think in a more confident manner and feel better about myself. I'm not big on the whole building attraction or learning a bunch of "openings" and I don't care for all the terms but to each their own.

There are lots of guys who just aren't confident. If they could break that barrier, realize that they have great qualities and build their confidence they'd realize that they are great people and a lady would be lucky to have them then maybe they wouldn't feel the need to try to "win" a woman over with presents and doing a bunch of nice things to try to buy affection. They could just be themselves and be with a woman instead of getting a woman.

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:25 PM

lame

while thats a beautiful photo in your avatar, I cannot say the same about the way you express yourself. You should at least have given a reason for your criticism.

There is a certain contradiction in all this. It advises us to be ourselves while telling as not to be ourselves. Or rather, change ourselves....

anyway many people will feel better by reading something like this. It helps give you "hope" that you can succeed in the flirting game, where you couldnt before. And if it gives you hop its good!

I dont exactly disagree with the content of the post itself. But it doesnt feel too right when you try to "loggicalise" and turn into rules and facts and math something as abstract and feeling related as attraction.

Still interesting advice though.

my reason for calling the post "lame" is because people just be themselves- which is basically what the post says, except it gives all these rules and codes and blah blah blah.
it seems like the post is making askin someone out so complex and a big ordeal... how hard is it to just walk up to someone you find attractive and ask if they would like to grab coffee or dinner? if it's meant to be then you really don't need a one liner or all those stupid rules and crap.

Some people have a low self esteem for whatever environmental or social reasons. People should just be themselves but they should try to be the best of who they are. Perception is a funny thing, the way one sees themselves is not always the way others see them. Here's one way of looking at it:

you do great on a test, some people say, oh the test was too easy and that's why I did well. Another might say, I worked hard therefore I deserve the great grade I got. It's the same outcome but a different perception. The person who says I worked hard and deserve the grade has a higher sense of worth, he feels like he crafts his own future with his own hands, that he controls his fate. The other person worries, what if the next test is harder. The inner "game" (or rather building self esteem if you'd like a more pc name for it) is all about shifting one's mindset from being someone who feels like the world dictates who they are to the person who tells the world who they are. It helps one focus on the good qualities that others probably already see in the person (or would if that person let them) and stop focusing on the bad qualities that they think they have.

Be yourself, but be the best part of yourself. If someone is sad and lonely and has a low sense of self worth, do you want them to continue to feel that way? That's just mean. Or do you want them to realize that they have great qualities and should be secure and let those traits shine?

geektothetenth's photo
Fri 12/07/07 08:07 PM

Geek whats ur deal here man..you look pathetic

Care to elaborate on what makes me look pathetic?

geektothetenth's photo
Thu 12/06/07 10:42 PM

I wouldn't call it biological imparitive though. Throughout time and between cultures people have different ideas of beauty. You can see how the image of beauty has changed by looking at art and the models used for art. A lot of women who are considered hot now would have been too thin back in older times. I cited other examples somewhere else in this post.

Chinese people consider light skin and tiny feet to be attractive traits. These are both disadvantageous in that low melanin increases sun burn and tiny feet make you easier to push over lol.

It's part biology, but society and class systems play a large role as well.

Yes, you are correct. However, the "ideal," as displayed by art, is an embracement of the construct of the artist's imagination by society rather than a true reflection of biological imperative.

Yes, but it does play a role in what people consider attractive. Similar to the popularity of certain fashions, so and so buys Louis Vuitton bags so all of the sudden females HAVE to have it.

But to the topic at hand, people find what they find attractive. It doesn't really matter if someone thinks it's right or wrong, that's the world we live in and people just have to deal with it.

It's funny, you never hear people with personality dysfunctions come out and say "oh why do people judge me on my personality, it's just wrong". Why is it okay to judge people on intellect, sense of humor, personality and not looks? I judge people based on the total package presented.