Community > Posts By > kelp1961

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 11:04 PM
Happy happy birthday to you..have a splendid day beautiful lady.

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 11:01 PM
Happy Birthday handsome....make it one for the books.!!

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 10:58 PM
Happy Birthday Romee...have a great day!!

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 10:34 PM

She already told me that she was high maintenance and that I couldn't afford her.laugh Besides she is her mother's best waitress. Her mother had to step in and take the restaurant back over. I am surprised that they survived Sonic moving in but there are those who like fast food and those that like the smorgasbord and home cooking of the restaurant.

Yea...seems like the two could co-exist...another mother to the rescue huh?

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 10:29 PM

I'm ready for someone to take care of me now...laugh

Anyone in mind?
We can make it happen :-)

Hmm...there could be one or two...so all I have to do is say 'Make it so'..? lol

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 10:27 PM

Seems to be a chronic need with single people. I have all but resigned myself to the idea that there are givers and takers and I must be a giver because all I seem to get are takers.

Yea...I think that is why I have been relatively 'unavailable' for so long...I just didn't have the energy to weed them out..I did however, have one...who did want to take care of me...but I was too stubborn...I thought of that today...that's what prompted this post. laugh

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 10:22 PM
ahh...30..the year I had my last fling..that was fun! Welp, make the best of your final months of youth...lol!

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 10:10 PM

I know what that feels like. At the end of the day after caring for others all shift it would be nice for someone to take care of me for a change.laugh Today, when I get paid I am taking myself out for a nice dinner at the Hilltop restaurant. It is like a joke when I come in there. The waitress says, "You must have gotten paid, today."laugh I thought trying to make it till payday at the end of the week was bad till I got a job that pays every two weeks.laugh

ut oh...that is a long time to wait...you will have to think of some other excuse to get in there to see her..laugh

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 09:44 PM
yea.but.....that cost me money...lol

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 09:35 PM
ooohhhh, he is not a leprechaun...he is an Elf? I guess I should stop trying to get 'lucky' with him...hee hee. Wait, don't elves have magical powers?

kelp1961's photo
Wed 10/26/11 09:11 PM
I'm ready for someone to take care of me now...laugh

kelp1961's photo
Tue 10/25/11 10:50 PM
and that fella there...he's as sharp as a bowling ball.

kelp1961's photo
Tue 10/25/11 08:57 PM
Absolutely beautiful...not hot not cold...just right...kinda lovin this global warming thing...lol

kelp1961's photo
Tue 10/25/11 08:30 PM
not opposed, I think I could have benefited from some quality counseling over the years...might have saved me some heartache...who knows...I tried a few times but either I gave up too soon or I expected too much..wasn't a good fit...ikd..but I did spend alot of time inside my own head coming up with conclusion which seemed reasonable at the time but looking back...it might have been good to have a trusted neutral source help me work thru it to see the truth....or check my thinking on the matter.

kelp1961's photo
Tue 10/25/11 07:49 AM

Im a single mother and believe to be upfront and honest about that. I have a great job and support my girls on my own. But Im looking for some companion ship, but once hearing I have kids it puts a stop to any interest in me. So is that a deal breaker being a single mom?

sure, it's a deal breaker for many and for various reasons. i'm sure some men are looking for a serious ltr without kids in the picture. others more old fashioned like me, see that when you had your kids you entered into a contract to devote yourself to raising those kids in a manner that will cause the least drama and trauma in their lives. why you became a single mom i don't know but fact is you did and you owe it to those kids to devote all of your time and energy to them. my daughter is in her early forties and only now has become intimate with a man she will marry soon. she's been a single mother devoted entirely to her kids since here early twenties.

Yep, I have to agree...I have spent the last 20 years raising mine..I tried off and on to enter into a relationship...have had a couple of noble suiters..but it was always just a little more than I could handle...the time and energy it takes to build and maintain a strong foundation for a relationship was always more than what I had in my reserves....I had to finally come to terms with my reality and accept while it wasn't what I had hoped for or planned..it was going to be just the kids and me for awhile.

With that said...I could have surely benefited from some good friendships with men or women...as I ended up sorta isolating myself as I struggled to get thru it, which isn't good either. I think a place such as this..Mingle2 would have been just what I needed. A place to reach out and connect with adults from the comfort of home...while kids slept or did homework etc.

kelp1961's photo
Mon 10/24/11 10:53 PM

I am just hopeing based off Willow's pic that I am about to get to see some La Parkour.

Ha..you could be right...I had to look it up.

kelp1961's photo
Mon 10/24/11 10:48 PM

I love this weather. Great night for walking around town.

I miss walking around in tank tops, shorts, and sandals. sigh.

I'm thinking someone is not too fond of winter. laugh

kelp1961's photo
Mon 10/24/11 10:45 PM
:thumbsup: very nice

kelp1961's photo
Mon 10/24/11 10:26 PM

That was supposed to be funny.

laugh and that's what you call back peddling...:laughing:

kelp1961's photo
Mon 10/24/11 07:05 PM

just cuz i can n will prolly do it does it make it right? after all i am godzillashades

Waiting for the story behind that nickname!!!
im 119-0 in am fights he he n i have yet to be beat in a straight up fight

wait...what kind of fights?

1 2 9 10 11 13 15 16 17 24 25