Community > Posts By > kelp1961

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 10:56 PM
I have actually been playing with the idea of a family tat...some design, symbol that has some meaning to us as a family unit..initially the adults get it,...then as each child reaches some age..say 16 maybe they get it as a right of passage...kinda bringing the tribal spirit into a modern family...of course been thinking about this for probably 15 years now..

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 10:37 PM
Very nice iam:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 10:33 PM

Excellent write....smokin

I could throw a little music behind it.....drinker

I'd pay to hear that.:wink:

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 10:23 PM

:heart:

I love listening to them in your voice! Full of life. Full of character. Descriptive and rich. Bravo! flowers :heart:

:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 10:06 PM

Wow. Brilliant! you have a new fan.:heart:

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 09:41 PM
sorry to hear your friend is not well..best wishes coming her way for speedy recovery...and to you to help see her thru.

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 09:29 PM
Still single and after 20 years..I'm ready for a change.

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 09:01 PM
I pray these wars end..and our troops can come home safely. I pray we find better means. I mourn the loss of our loved ones, our fathers, our sons, our wives, our daughters, brothers, sisters, uncles and aunts and what they could have contributed....the voids they would have filled. I will speak against war, I could not support or encourage a loved one to join...I tell them there are other ways...but never, NEVER would I speak disparagingly of or to our troops, to those who heed the calling and serve with honor, with purpose.....I love you all, appreciate you all and try to live my life so that the sacrifices you have made were not in vain.

kelp1961's photo
Wed 09/28/11 08:39 PM

What a rough day. Today was the day I found out my husband had been killed at war. God how I miss himtears

I'm so sorry for your loss. How have you been coping?

kelp1961's photo
Tue 09/27/11 10:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGMW6YWjMxw
be the hummingbird. :-)continue to do the best you can..

kelp1961's photo
Tue 09/27/11 10:13 PM
I reached a point such as this with my son as well in his teen years...got to a point..I didn't even care about his schooling anymore...I just wanted to get him to adulthood without a toetag or a prison number...life pretty much sucked..and at times took everything I had to not run away...not sure really how i got thru it...it's a bit of a blur...anyway, please keep striving...it will work it's way out....be like Dory...just keep swimming.:-) If you have not, you should seek a counselor/help/support for yourself as well and for your son, is there a big brothers type organization around you? I may have underestimated the need for a positive male role model in my son's life. best wishes and much love.
btw, my son is a father now and doing okay...and is really beginning to understand why I was so crazy back then..as he stives to raise his boys on his own.

kelp1961's photo
Mon 09/26/11 09:57 PM

the northern california garden orb weavers (completely harmless) I love them!...I have one out front...we call here Charlotte..I do have to knock her web down now and then as she just keeps getting closer to the front dooor....black widows I find anywhere near the house are the only ones I kill...the rest I ignore or relocate...btw..spiders and snakes that bite are venumous...they may also be poisoness but you would have to ingest them to find out. I'm just saying.:wink:

oops ...venomous poisonous..I think I got it right this time...geezz..
sheepishly signing off now..night all.

kelp1961's photo
Mon 09/26/11 09:25 PM
the northern california garden orb weavers (completely harmless) I love them!...I have one out front...we call here Charlotte..I do have to knock her web down now and then as she just keeps getting closer to the front dooor....black widows I find anywhere near the house are the only ones I kill...the rest I ignore or relocate...btw..spiders and snakes that bite are venumous...they may also be poisoness but you would have to ingest them to find out. I'm just saying.:wink:

kelp1961's photo
Mon 09/26/11 08:35 PM
rofl Y'all are cracking this g'ma up!!laugh

kelp1961's photo
Sun 09/25/11 11:11 AM

Weight and bodies change over time. Im in good shape, but I dont know how my body will change over time so if I read in a profile "she's gotta be in good shape" I move on. I dont think I want to feel like I have to look a certain way to keep him interested.

:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Sun 09/25/11 09:28 AM
Good morning, waving may I join in? Looks like it's going to be much cooler day as promised. I love it!Although, it's not like I can complain about the heat really, we have had a pretty mild summer altogether.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 09/25/11 12:11 AM
This makes me think about my 20 something self...the sad thing is..I thought I was fat then... a few extra pounds I think is relative to age as well as to height...middle age brings a whole new set of rules...I am finding.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 09/25/11 12:08 AM

Im so tall, people never guess my weight. If i was shorter, they would call me obese with my weight but I stretch it out...

I'm not fat..I am just short for my weight..:smile:

kelp1961's photo
Sun 09/25/11 12:05 AM

Well, I couldnt move away from my kids, that is for sure. I dont judge anyones decision on here. I know you arent either. I guess the only person who knows their children best are their actual parents. I am sure they would make a decision accordingly.flowerforyou

right back at cha sweets. flowerforyou

I can hardly leave my daughter at preschool...laugh laugh laugh laugh this is her pic-tears

OMG..that was my daughter..she is now 26, so about 23 years ago..geez..she has these big brown eyes and had these perfect locks of coily hair..and would look at me...as I was leaving...my heart broke EVERY morning for about 6 months from that alone....then, I would get the same look when I came to pick her up...she wasn't ready to leave yet...ohwell

kelp1961's photo
Sat 09/24/11 11:33 PM

Well, I couldnt move away from my kids, that is for sure. I dont judge anyones decision on here. I know you arent either. I guess the only person who knows their children best are their actual parents. I am sure they would make a decision accordingly.flowerforyou

right back at cha sweets. flowerforyou

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next