Community > Posts By > kelp1961

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 10:17 AM

This one is kind of cool:
Topic: Usernames
manOfewwords

I remember when first I came to Mingle2.
And I went 'round with ewwie over
his choice of handle.

I said, 'Why warn them, that you will
use eww words?'

manOfewwords

Now I ask you..

rofl rofl rofl litterally LOL...ROFLlaugh love it!!

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:47 AM
waving welcome.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:42 AM
Nope but I am about to call my mommy..so I am pretty sure that's going to change. laugh

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:41 AM
waving good morning and welcome.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:38 AM
waving Hello Brian..welcome

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:34 AM

Good afternoon all.. Well, I sold some old gold jewelry today and made $800.00.. I couldn't believe it!!! That just about paid for my new chair... there are miracles!! :banana: drinker :banana:

:thumbsup: that's awesome...kick back and enjoy....:smile:

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:30 AM
good morning...late start this morning...coffee is a brewing...beautiful day here...love this time of year.

kelp1961's photo
Sun 10/02/11 09:28 AM

We shared no friends
We had a thing
Long distance, words and images
We whispered in our messages.

Then she proposed
Out of the blue
It never had been serious
At least, it seems, for one of us.

I stayed online
To manage things
She found strength in bitterness
We remained friends, nonetheless.

Not quite the same
But still we spoke.
I can't believe it's been five years
We always Poke when one appears.

The other week
Response delayed
I pouted, and I mildly stomped
She always was so very prompt.

Her sister wrote
Upon her wall
That she'd been taken gravely ill
And had been rushed to hospital.

No-one replied
To me for days
But then a stranger broke the news
And all emotions were confused.

We never met,
Would never do,
Now miles away, real people grieve
And bid with love their darling leave.

She touched me,
I'll remember her.
No greater tribute can I say;
We log out and we walk away.

Enjoyed!

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 11:17 PM

It has been a very very long time since I dated. I have only been married once, was married to the same man for -- years. I am sure a lot of things have changed, but basic courtesy should still be around. I wouldn't talk about my ex on a date and don't want to hear about all the other YOUNGER women he's dated. I am old fashioned enough to think it's very tacky.

I am sure there are many really wonderful guys of all ages out there. I am not men bashing at all. I just think a date should be about two people getting to know each other. I refuse to settle for being an excuse to not sit at home. I believe I deserve better than that.

:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 11:00 PM

That's your insecurity talking ybcat...you probably haven't done anything wrong, it's the guys that you've been talking to.

Don't forget most men online aren't just talking to you - regardless of whether you were chatting to them as a potential bf or as a mate - usually have two or three other women on the go..

I do understand...you just want closure. You want to know what you've done wrong (if anything). Trust me, You didn't do anything.. you just may not have been their type or their wife found out they were on mingle LOL..Don't sweat it.

:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 10:47 PM
thinking...it's gettin hot in here....

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 09:34 PM

OMG

they keep nudging ANYWAY

one of the ones I kicked in the butt nudged me again - guess he can see through my tough exterior:wink:

am I the only one on here that finds the whole nudge thing annoying????

although I can see it happening down the line...I haven't quite reached the point of annoyance yet...they are still a bit of a curiosity to me at this point.

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 09:25 PM

or just more lookie loo's? The jury is still out...time will tell I suppose...but in the meantime I find it rather humorous the increased number of views....a little skin, a little more hair or is it a little messier hair?..different lighting....and voila':angel:

Y'all just don't even know what I went thru to put this picture up...I had taken it playing around with my new phone camera one morning awhile back..came across it and thought hmmm...I wonder...then had to seriously convince myself that it was not too suggestive. spock

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 09:20 PM

or just more lookie loo's? The jury is still out...time will tell I suppose...but in the meantime I find it rather humorous the increased number of views....a little skin, a little more hair or is it a little messier hair?..different lighting....and voila':angel:

it's a lovely photo kelp

I just did a tight tee mirror shot and Ima waitin to see:tongue:

rofl rofl rofl

I know seriously cheesy - it was part of a joke on another thread

but I actually like the shirt (acdc)

that was on..Lexs post wasn't it?..and rock on sista!

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 09:17 PM

Funny what works isn't it? Women look at a guy's profile to see what he writes in it. Guessing checking mental capacity to write well and all is a HUGE turn on for the ladies. It sure did attract my gal to me. Anyways, guys are visual (we all know this) but a flattering pic works well for men and women. I have some pics that women found very flattering, and others that weren't my best.

Anyways, guys who are on these forums really do pay attention to what a woman writes in her profile or how she acts on the forums. And vice versa. So while a pic does get someones immediate attention, what you write on here does go a long way.

thanks for the input...I'll try to behave myself..laugh I do most definitely enjoy a good read, there are quite a few expressive people here I have been enjoying.I need to add more to my profile, I've been playing with some ideas but I don't want to over do it; I hear, in another forum topic, that it can be intimidating as well. I sure am having fun though.

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 09:08 PM

it's a lovely photo kelp

I just did a tight tee mirror shot and Ima waitin to see:tongue:

rofl rofl rofl

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 09:05 PM

I am not photogenic at all. I try to post the best picture of myself on my profile and I always hate the way I look, so I really count on a guy seeing the inter beauty verses what I look like outside. happy

I hear ya...these days I rarely like how I look...I keep making the mistake of comparing myself to my younger self...it's silly what we do to ourselves...to find true happiness, I think we all count on our inner beauty to shine thru and be recognized....within, is where happiness lies.

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 08:56 PM

well sometimes it feels really stagnant here so when someone puts up something new its like christmas.

happy I love Christmas:thumbsup:

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 08:54 PM

Well Kelp...it is a basic principle of advertising. Crappy pix get crappy results. Great pix get better results. No pix get no results.

They need to have a clinic on how to take a good profile pic.

and good, I think, depends on what the desired results are...sometimes you want to be a bit incognito...other times you want the world to see you....and sometimes you just don't know...so you experiment.

kelp1961's photo
Sat 10/01/11 08:50 PM

love flowerforyouaw geesh, now I'm blushing

Aww Ted...thanks for stopping by to visit...winking