Community > Posts By > MzMariah

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 03:09 PM
Yes it's called Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and it's and adjunct to Cognitive Therapy which is a commonly used treatment for depression. Behaviors are learned after all and can be changed.

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 02:54 PM

I once read somewhere ( IDK maybe a psychology book) that people who have been in dysfunctional relationships be it from living with family member(s) or spouses with substance abuse or emotional abuse etc are kind of "programmed" to have to have that chaos in their lives and if things are going to smooth they seek out ways to have that chaos or they don't feel functional.

This is not what the op was talking about. People like this are the ones CAUSING the drama. the disorder is called Borderline Personality disorder. It occurs often in people who's parents were divorced during the child's early life (about 2 or 3 years). The only attention the child got was when he or she acted out. There is no cure or treatment for it. However, in women it seems to get better after menopause.

This type of person should be avoided at all cost.

There is treatment for personality disorders, it's called DBT.

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 02:50 PM

In this reality, The human body will die.

Consciousness is infinite and forever.

We are immortal.

^^^^ Agree, also I believe we are all God ^^^^

I don't know what happens when our bodies die but it seems less scary to me than when I'm in the same room as an angry, out of control man. It's the pain that gets me. I know I'm not assured that I won't feel pain in my continued consciousness after the body dies, but I try to focus on the here and now.
I also think the hell is the guilt and shame one deals with after they did the horrible things more so than a physical place of fire and brimstone. Also, "horrible things" vary from person to person, regardless of religion.

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 02:31 PM
Human trafficking be damned. I'd still love to visit, looks like a beautiful scenic place.

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 02:05 PM
tears you seem so angry?

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 01:03 PM
Excuse me man, explain to me why you would procreate with someone you spent 30 minutes a day using for sex and admittedly think of as worthless and then complain about the crappy outcome?
I just pray that the best happens for your son, he's going to need a lot of prayers.

MzMariah's photo
Tue 12/25/12 12:54 PM
What does a "jerk" do anyway? I agree with signsweet that most men think everyone except them is a jerk...

MzMariah's photo
Mon 12/24/12 05:44 PM
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds-Christmas Song :) Love, love, love is all around.

MzMariah's photo
Mon 12/24/12 05:40 PM
Jazz
Jonny Lang- Santa Claus is back in Town

MzMariah's photo
Mon 12/24/12 04:47 PM
Dr Knight gave no specific accusation about her inappropriate dress or behavior but court documents show that he once told her in work that she would know if her clothes were too tight if she saw a bulge in his pants! Wow if that isn't the textbook definition of sexual harassment and discrimination then I don't know what is. This woman got fired because Dr sent a text message asking how many times the woman orgasmed (which was ignored)then his wife found it and demanded the woman be fired. Again sexism, this woman is being punished because this Dr and wife can't trust themselves. Ridiculous that this court upheld it, please appeal.

MzMariah's photo
Mon 12/24/12 04:36 PM
I don't ask and I don't like to be asked, I'd rather just ask them to be tested and ask to see the results.

I would find it pretty impressive that someone who slept with like 3 pages of people can actually remember their names though, haha. If I had that info I think I'd want to cross reference with their contacts and see how many potential hook ups they keep up with.
That's more touchy for me, how many people have you had sex with that you still keep in contact because that is who they could most easily do it with again.

MzMariah's photo
Mon 12/24/12 04:29 PM
I super love the "A Very Special Christmas 3" compilation disc. Listening to it now in between making more cookies :)

MzMariah's photo
Mon 12/24/12 04:24 PM
There is no "instigating people into criminal behavior". People need to own their behavior and quit blaming it on everyone else.

If you think humans are akin to animals then I suggest you advocate for locking up drunk "horny" men in exhibits like lions so stupid drunk women don't get raped..... and they don't have to be punished in our prisons.
I'll pay to see the drunk rapists in the zoo and I'll try to control my animal impulse to poke them with sticks :)

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 10:50 PM
lol ikr :D

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 10:28 PM
Sorry, to those with little self control. No means no, no matter when it happens and no matter what the woman is wearing. Even dogs aren't allowed to attack a woman if she's wearing meat, they are legally supposed to be leashed and controlled. Too bad that some members are insinuating that they have the self control of animals.
Everyone has a different threshold of "point of no return" mine might be after something starts hurting and yours might be after you start passionately kissing so does that mean that I have no right to say no because we have different thresholds? NO. You have the right and I have the right for our words to be enough when we talk about physical joining of our bodies.
I think it misrepresents women as teases to say that we can't get turned on and then decide we aren't ready to continue, if we got aroused we got teased as well. Also, even IF one is aroused it doesn't mean it's ok to continue to have sex despite what one says. Arousal is a physiological response that can be independent of our conscious thought.
If you go by some arguments for instance AndyB's then you could say that a woman giving a massage to a man as a service must also be labelled a tease and be forced to finish a massage with sex because a man has become physically aroused past his threshold. Scary scary world I wonder if you would think the same way if it was your anus on the conversation table. For instance, you start making out with what you thought was a woman and 'she' has orally pleasured you and you then realize that she is in fact a he, then by your argument that he has the 'right' to seal the deal, because you teased him past his threshold.
Scary, right?

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 09:24 PM
Easy, I've made poor choices. But I think I'll be ok ;)

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 07:12 PM
Edited by MzMariah on Sun 12/23/12 07:12 PM
I tend to think those that do a drop message and never respond are just fishing. In my exp they seem to be foreign guys who are just seeing who might respond. I bet women could do the same.
Alternatively, they could have been interested and then got distracted by something else and not come back to the site :)
Either way, why does it bother you so?

*typo fixed

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 06:41 PM
Agreed with those who say just be honest and do what satisfies you.

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 05:51 PM
Hmm the other day someone said "I don't think they are an as*hole, they just remind me of an as*hole I used to know". Ok :)

MzMariah's photo
Sun 12/23/12 05:38 PM
Haha! Agreed and double agree with pancakes, don't get the appeal of the ipad.
But ooo that Galaxy 3 phone looks sweet :D Woops it was kids that are spoiled right? :D