Community > Posts By > Moondark

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:03 AM
Sorry it was so long. It didn't look that long in my email browser window.

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 08:02 AM

Oh thank goodness because I have a major complaint! Guys look at my profile but they never email me! I don't understand it. :cry:

Is it my profile????

I DON'T want any emails from most of the guys that have checked out my profile. Some of them scare me...

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 07:59 AM
Edited by Moondark on Mon 09/07/09 07:59 AM

Here lately been restoring my mannequin....

new boobs/booty/paint job....already got friends threatening to kidnap her.

If I had a mannequin, I would have to hang it from the rafters with a rope. Otherwise the cats would constantly knock it down. But it would be fun to have one to display costumes and current costume projects.

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 07:56 AM

formerly known as the Attention Whore House

Do you wish to draw attention to yourself for anyone of dozens of reasons including being in love, having body part(s) you are proud of, receiving less e-mail than you like, too much not up to standard e-mail, a high school drama situation, an insatiable desire to be lusted after, or any old reason?

Please post here. I'll let you in on a little secret. No one really cares, but we'll pretend to so you can notice us when our turn comes to relate an earth shattering piece of news.

Hey, I picked my nose successfully this morning!!!

Wait, I thought it was originally the Rate My Profile forum......

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 07:53 AM
I was up at 7:30. After only about 3.5 hours of sleep. We had a midnight movie marathon. It was fun. Oddly enough, I feel pretty good this morning. I think it was the fact I was going to take a little nap yesterday and slept 5 hours in the afternoon and evening.

Moondark's photo
Mon 09/07/09 07:51 AM
I sent my troupe leader an email that I was going to quit the troupe and lessons.

What follows it the email on my reasoning. I felt it was fair that she knew why in case these were things she wanted to work on for the future of her troupe.

Does this sound calm and clear and not an attack?

Tribal Dreams:  I was pissed I didn't have time to eat.  But mostly, I was seriously pissed at you.  That was the day I pretty much lost faith in how you run things.  The time you said you wanted to leave became the time to meet instead.  Therefore we were missing the beginning of everything we were most interested in. 

Then there was letting me do things wrong for half a year and then expecting me to be able to correct the muscle memory, and not screw up, in the next 10 minutes.

There are other issues that we have already discussed, so I won't rehash those.

But one that I just but my tongue on was when you were trying to figure out coming out of the circle you were adding to a dance and the clear answer was that the lead person let go of the end person and the circle unwinds into a string.  Which I mentioned right off the bat but was completely ignored because I don't have 10 years dance experience so I would never know what I was talking about.  And then you proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes of class figuring it out and coming up with exactly what I had originally said. 

That was the night I realized that no matter how long I spend taking classes, no matter how matter what I did to practice, I would always be treated like the idiot child in the troupe because I would forever be 8 years behind you.  I think that was probably the day when part of me just pretty much gave up. 

Other things: Given the amount of money I plug into the laundry machines here, and the amount of time I have to spend doing laundry because of the small machines and the dryers that do not work very well, and the fact that I have to constantly check to see if I can even get the machines that evening, and then the fact that most of the time I have to end up doing laundry until 1:00 or 2:00 am anyway, I found it extremely insulting when you told someone that the reason I had so many loads the one weekend was because I never do laundry.

The reason I had so many loads was that I had an opportunity to do laundry where I didn't have to pay for it and had bigger machines so I took ALL my bedding with me to get all the winter bedding freshly laundered before I put it into storage for the summer.  Three large, heavy comforters made three loads by themselves, not to mention all the blankets and sheet sets.  Same with winter sweaters and coats I was putting into storage. 

Needless to say,  I was pretty pissed. 

Also, after the last Anime Hoshii meeting I was at, and the particular way you had mentioned the Kabuki mask painting class being scheduled for one of the upcoming con's, I felt that you basically got me to create the class and now you are keeping it for your own.  So I rather feel cheated and taken advantage of by that.

After that day, I spent a lot of time thinking about things. I had nearly decided that since I had lost all faith in your leadership, that perhaps I should just quit dancing with you. But decided that perhaps some it it was whatever was going on at work, before you quit. After all, something had to have been going on because it seemed like you really were having trouble getting into the mindset for the Bazaar. As a result, none of the rest of us were either.

But then I decided to go to the Drum and Dance circle when I really wasn't feeling up to it. But I said I was going to go. I also knew exactly what skirt I was wearing.  In fact, that part of the email really didn't piss me off.  It was your comment about the full length mirror that pissed me off, and pretty much was the last straw. Actually, all you had to do was say, “I see you aren't planning to dance tonight.” Seeing as I really didn't want to. But I sorta felt obligated.

You see, you want people to take your rules seriously, but it gets to be rather more difficult to do after 2.5 years of you not taking your professionalism as a paid dance instructor seriously.  Who cares if anyone is on time or not, because you never are. It was really aggrivating when you would send out an email admonishing people to be on time that night and then still be late yourself. People in the second hour sessions were getting pissed that they were on time but the first hour sessions were always running over to make up for the time.  But then they were only making up part of the time.  So they were getting shorted. 

While I think you are an amazing dancer, I don't think you are a good leader. Since losing faith in you in that aspect, it has become more and more of a burden to practice and more and more often I actually find myself dreading class rather than being excited and eager to go to class, as I used to be.

Ultimately, I think it is time for me to quit. 

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:02 AM
This makes me think that I want a hamburger.

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/06/09 11:02 AM
I don't use facebook to conduct friendships. Mostly, we use it as a way to contact everyone to plan events. Movie nights get scheduled and announced via facebook. And it lets the host or hostess know, in general, who to expect that week. We find if very useful. Some of use will post a general indicator if we have had a particularly bad day or something great happened. And we occassionally challenge each other at a game or two. But it is really great for planning gatherings.

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/06/09 04:33 AM

Way to many women use their kids as pawns...it's despicable.

They need to pull their heads out of the azz's and realize not everything is about them, that there are other things more important...
like their children!

I hope it works out for this guy.

Excuse me, it's not just women. I've known enough men using their kids as pawns during a divorce and after, just to harass and manipulate the ex-wife.

Moondark's photo
Sun 09/06/09 04:31 AM

Surely she wouldve had a phone number for them....honestly, friend or not, i would not give out any money online.

Especially if i hadnt spoke to that friend directly over the phone, instead of thru a third party.

Silly woman!

Exactly what I was thinking. A call from some supposed British official wouldn't not do it. I would have to hear from the friend directly.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 08:11 PM
Okay, I'm going to guess we have a lot of various talented people here with different artistic skills.

I personally do a lot of pulled fiber arts and some photography and scrapbooking.

I was designing a some 'gothic' needlepoint and a sampler to do with a poem I wrote a long time ago. I have to admit that I've not been working on those since the woman who was my design mentor died suddenly and unexpectedly. Every time I pull them out I get too sad to continue.

But I really need to get back to that needlepoint I was working on. I had some sketches to make a series of three pieces.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 08:00 PM
Liposuction

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 07:57 PM
Edited by Moondark on Sat 09/05/09 07:59 PM
If you are trying to find women that want a man that "no matter what is gonna do what it takes to get what he wants "life goals specifically" ", then of course you will end up women that are cold and cruel.

Most women who want a healthy relationship are going to want a man who can be more balanced than that.

Experience has taught a lot of women that men with that kind of ambition tend to walk all over people and will sacrifice family/romantic time for the sake of their ambitions.

The more cold and calculating (and not in a good way) women do want men like that because men with that kind of ambition then to be beneficial to their own ambition.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 04:12 PM
Is this a lost art? Or is it that there are no longer any actors that can pull it off out there? After all, they really don't make any westerns anymore. Can't remember the last actual western. No in the last decade, that's for sure. Maybe two. I think the Maverick film based on the TV show was the last one made in Hollywood.

I'm thinking about it because I'm watching Support Your Local Sheriff.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 04:02 PM
One of the books has a great passage on why, statistially speaking, there is no life at all in the universe. And the reason why said nonlife is having an awful lot of sex. But I'm missing those books so I can't look it up and it is making me very sad.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 03:44 PM
So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
for all the fish

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve

Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

for all the fish

(yeah)

So long and thanks for all the fish
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

(oh dear)

Despite those nets of tuna fleets
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

for all the fish

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 03:41 PM

don't use towels..I run around the back yard and air dry :smile:

This will not help you when you planet is blown up to make way for an interstellar bypass.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 12:59 PM
where your towel is?

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 09:04 AM
There are good and bad points about each. I can't chose between vampires and werewolves.

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 09:01 AM
Edited by Moondark on Sat 09/05/09 09:03 AM
I saw a list of some of these questions. And the key thing they all had in common was to question authority. To pinpoint the things that they themselves seem most to connect with. Helps to define what is important to each indivual.

The core of this seems to be, from what I've been reading, it to question things, to think about things, to DECIDE FOR YOURSELF what you think and how you feel about these issues.

It is teaching kids to take responsibility for their own governance and NOT to follow blindly and be lead around by the nose, blindly following whatever leaders tell you that you should do and how you ought to think.

The institution of education is in fact an indoctrination process as it is. Do this, do that, believe this, believe that, authority knows best so you just have to trust in it.

People who say that the suggested questions are brainwashing kids into little Obama deciples are over reacting to it. At least in terms of brainwashing and indoctrination.

On the other hand, I can see where people conservative and religious types might be upset at teaching kids to think for themselves and come to their own conclusions. That goes agains religious ideals and conservatism.

The religious ideals say to go ahead and question, so long as you come up with these accepted interpretations and nothing else. If you do, you are then misinterpreting it and need to be pointed back in the 'right' direction.

Conservatism is build on tradition, if it was good then it will be good now. Even if the conditions have so changed that it is irrelevant now. Conservatism tries to hold back change and growth. Because that will make things different and if things are different, they can't 'control' those things anymore. If you question and don't just follow, you may see things you don't like or want to be different. And that is bad. Conservatism doesn't like free thinkers and loves a little robotic populous set on remote control to whom they can feed intructions that will be instantly obeyed.

It's okay for concervative president to address school kids, because they ultimately say, "Do what you are told." They don't like Obama addressing students because he is saying, "what do YOU think? What is important to YOU?"

1 2 3 4 5 7 9 10 11 24 25