Community > Posts By > Moondark

Moondark's photo
Sat 09/05/09 08:45 AM
High School girl namded Shithead. Pronounced She-theed.
Her cousin was named Placenta.

At work I saw a lot of odd names.

Man named Ingrate.
Man named Kleenex.
Man named Godwill Mock.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 08:18 PM
It was one of the shows I was really missing.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 08:04 PM
In omaha, we had access to two public t.v. stations. 2 months ago, we lost one on cable. The only one that showed all the Britcoms and other Brittish shows we love to watch. If you wanted to get them, you needed to buy a higher tier of cable.

Suddenly, that station is back on the basic cable again. I'm guessing it took 2 months to get enough complaints in. Thing is, I seem to recall they tried this a number of years ago.

We want our PBS and we don't believe that we should have to buy a higher tier to pay for 'public' t.v. Not when people are already paying pledges to support their favorite programs.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 07:10 PM
Sorry about the no make-up. Shiny skin and very pink.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 07:09 PM
Edited by Moondark on Fri 09/04/09 07:09 PM
Best photo would be the one with the black background.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 06:52 PM
I am in desperate need of this three day weekend. I'm looking forward to it. I made sure there weas no reason I needed to go in to work Saturday so I could enjoy all three days.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 06:49 PM
My friday night has been a fabulous haircut within walking distance from my apartment. A great bowl of soup at the Indian Oven and a lovely glass of wine. I walked home and realized that I still need to pick up cat food. So I'm getting ready to walk to the store.

Moondark's photo
Fri 09/04/09 06:44 PM

"WOW" is the worst game ever invented. My brother is 21 years old and does nothing but play that stupid game 24/7. He works 5 hours a day 4 times a week and does not have a social life. He's become such a bum who's still living at home and mooching off the fam. As soon as he gets home from work, he's on the computer until 4 or so in the morning. That game should be destroyed.

It's a fun game. But there are factors that become addicting for some people. The game doesn't need to be destroyed. The people who get addicted need to be helped. Just like any other addict.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/03/09 08:22 PM

I think the only reason anyone thought they were any good was because it was the first time anyone tried to do a prehistoric novel by doing actual RESEARCH first and making an attempt to get some sort of authenticity to what it might have been like based on the archeological and anthropological evidence.

That was the only reason I read it.

Jean Auel's "Clan of the Cave Bear" series are heavily researched, and pretty accurate, but she, like Anne Rice and Sue Grafton can get pretty 'wordy'

" wordy " would be putting it VERY mildly...lmao

20 pages to describe a valley....the blade of grass over there....the color of a rock...

Sheesh

Clan of the Cave Bear, a VERY long book considering the lack of dialoge.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/03/09 08:20 PM

clear your cookies and temp. internet files?

Did that. WEll, did it because I was doing a regular clean up cycle.

Moondark's photo
Thu 09/03/09 08:19 PM

word of the wise ... make sure internet explorer is still on your computer and is able to function properly. I learned the hard way and found that a computer cannot run without internet explorer or an internet in general.

Explorer is still on. That's what I'm having to use right now.

Moondark's photo
Wed 09/02/09 06:32 PM
I think I'm going to have to completely remove and reinstall Mozilla Firefox. Before, it suddenly stopped running apps in Facebook. Then, it worked fine for one day, yesterday, it suddenly went wonky and will only open websites in safe mode and I can't seem to fix it and make it load properly. As a result, I can't really do anything in it. I've had to get all my favorite sites set up in Explorer so I can do stuff online.

Moondark's photo
Wed 09/02/09 06:29 PM

A 2yr old coulda been cryin for a variety of reasons. One of which is pain. The mother might have been in there gettin medication for the child an was pickin up a few other things as well. U don't wanna hear the child cryin, leave. :angry:

A-freaking-men.

or you could have a child like mine...severe sensory issues. take a kid with sensory integration dysfunction who happens to be two into a place like walmart, and they can't help but cry. they can't shut out the background...

and you can't just leave them home. sorry, they have to be exposed to life...and we don't always have back-up, and we do need to buy groceries, meds, and whatnot.

i will say that he would have never managed more than one strike on my child, if even that.

Shock that someone had the audacity to actually do that probably froze her for a second. I'm sure it didn't take her long to react. I would like to know what her exact reaction was. I would have hit him.

Moondark's photo
Mon 08/31/09 08:19 PM
Doesn't bother me a bit. It's the people that get upset about it that bother me.

Moondark's photo
Mon 08/31/09 03:47 PM
Sage is one of the best herbs for using with Pork in my book. Love it.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/30/09 09:07 PM

I was up 3 hours earlier than normal on a Saturday morning. I'm getting tired. It is barely 8:00.
flowerforyou I never want to go to sleep anymore because I don't want to face the next dayflowerforyou

This is the reason I sometimes want to just sleep all the time.
:smile: I am so tired of the everyday challenges of life that when the day is finally done and it is night and time for bed,I feel free for a little while,and I dont want it to end and have to wake up and begin it all over again.:smile:

That makes sense too. And I've been there as well.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/30/09 09:02 PM
Good Night.

Thinking about doing the same thing myself.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/30/09 09:01 PM

Broil them in the oven.....smokin

Broiling them with just a bit of seasoning is perfect. Turn out similar to grilling. Not exactly the same, but as close as you can get w/o a grill.

If you have the right type of stove, there is a grill 'attachment' you can put where two of the burners are and 'grill' on your stovetop.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/30/09 08:56 PM

I was up 3 hours earlier than normal on a Saturday morning. I'm getting tired. It is barely 8:00.
flowerforyou I never want to go to sleep anymore because I don't want to face the next dayflowerforyou

This is the reason I sometimes want to just sleep all the time.

Moondark's photo
Sun 08/30/09 07:58 PM
I was up that early again today. Went and did the grocery shopping. Getting tired now.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25