Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Wed 08/27/14 10:23 AM

so, is the argument about tasers, there is no point using them unless they 'always' work?

interesting

and still I'm unsure what this has to do with the story in this thread,,,,

The topic is excessive.
Three different cops used a tazer on the man. Is that excessive? Why didn't they just wrestle him down?
If there was only the one cop and his tazer didn't stop the suspect and the suspect punched the cop would it be excessive to shoot the suspect to stop him from causing more harm to the cop?
Where is the line between excessive force and necessary force?

TJN's photo
Wed 08/27/14 09:28 AM
Edited by TJN on Wed 08/27/14 09:28 AM
Why didn't he just use a tazer?
Maybe because they don't always work. Good thing there was more than one cop there. How many tazers would be considered excessive?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=904803882866429&id=100000104773706

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 04:29 PM

Hey, I have an idea. It is so crazy that it might work.

How about we all just wait until the formal investigation is completed and the results are released before we speculate any more about this controversy.

What fun would that be.
I mean who doesn't like picking what parts of "evidence" they want to believe in order to push their agenda. And yes I'm guilty of it also.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 03:51 PM
Well since we are picking and choosing what we want to believe. Should we consider this?

Wilson then noticed the pair were carrying cigars, and had heard the report of the robbery and recognized the pair as possible suspects.
“And he’s looking at them and they got something in their hands and it looks like it could be what, you know, those cigars or whatever. So he goes in reverse back to them,” Josie said.
Wilson, she said, “tries to get out of his car. They slam his door shut violently. I think he said Michael did. And then he opened the car again. He tried to get out. He stands up.
“And then Michael just bum-rushes him and shoves him back into his car. Punches him in the face and then Darren grabs for his gun. Michael grabbed for the gun. At one point he got the gun entirely turned against his hip. And he shoves it away. And the gun goes off,” Josie said.
“Well, then Michael takes off and gets to be about 35 feet away. And Darren’s first protocol is to pursue. So he stands up and yells, ‘Freeze!’ Michael and his friend turn around. And Michael taunts him … And then all the sudden he just started bum-rushing him. He just started coming at him full speed,” she told the station.

“So [Wilson] really thinks [Brown] was on something, because he just kept coming. It was unbelievable. And so he finally ended up, the final shot was in the forehead, and then he fell about two to three feet in front of the officer,” she said.

This was from someone who claimed to have talked to Wilson.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 12:59 PM

http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop-kills-white-man-media-hide-race/

You want details about the officer in the Brown case. Why not this one?

Amazing. Did that police force in Utah also have a history of oppressing the white population with a majority black officer police force? I'll bet not (a minority majority might be news all by itself). Is there even a history of overuse of deadly force in that community?

It looks like you and WND are looking for false equivalences.

How is it a false equivalency?
It shows how different cultures react to basically the same overuse of force by police just the race of shooter and victim are reversed.
And I don't recall hearing overuse of deadly force in Ferguson.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 12:55 PM

actually, this is another example of blue vs others

its police being protected when they cause a death,, whatever race

whether there is justification for protecting them in ways that ate for another time

but people do get frustrated with that 'special' treatment,,,,it seems like it is giving the shooter an unfair and unjust opportunity to come up with details and evidence that may or may not have truly been present during the incident,,,,

Is it special treatment? Or is it standard protocol of the police departments during an investigation?
All the info put out in both case weren't released by the police department. It was found by the media and released by the media.

wrong, the video surveillance was released by police
allegedly because of media request

I guess media hasn't requested photos or medical documentation of the officers injuries whoa

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,”

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.

“It would be wholly inappropriate to take the most vital piece of evidence that we have and put it out to the public prior to the officer having some due process,”

That is right out of the mouth of the police chief. They have already released more than that in the Brown case. Maybe due to the investigation they can't release more info.

well, I cant wait to 'see' this footage,,,,

MAYBE they cant release it before due process, like releasing the shoplifting video before due process

oh, wait, due process is being argued to have been death,,,,

The video in the store was released because the media wanted it. Now if Wilson is arrested that video can't be used by the defense. So it must not be relevant to the case. But the media sure ran with it.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 11:47 AM

whether there is justification for protecting them in ways that ate for another time

but people do get frustrated with that 'special' treatment,,,,it seems like it is giving the shooter an unfair and unjust opportunity to come up with details and evidence that may or may not have truly been present during the incident,,,,

Is it special treatment? Or is it standard protocol of the police departments during an investigation?
All the info put out in both case weren't released by the police department. It was found by the media and released by the media.

wrong, the video surveillance was released by police
allegedly because of media request

I guess media hasn't requested photos or medical documentation of the officers injuries whoa

“You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,”

He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months.

“It would be wholly inappropriate to take the most vital piece of evidence that we have and put it out to the public prior to the officer having some due process,”

That is right out of the mouth of the police chief. They have already released more than that in the Brown case. Maybe due to the investigation they can't release more info.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 10:07 AM

TJN's photo
Mon 08/25/14 08:58 AM

http://mobile.wnd.com/2014/08/black-cop-kills-white-man-media-hide-race/

You want details about the officer in the Brown case. Why not this one?

TJN's photo
Sun 08/24/14 06:42 PM
Edited by TJN on Sun 08/24/14 06:42 PM

Of course not; but studies show that most cops who fire their weapon tend to be so hyped up that they will empty the clip, modern training would help with that

Modern training?
They have some of the most extensive firearms training there is.
When posed with a threat you are traing to stop the threat.
You aim center mass because an arm or leg shot isn't alwYs going to stop the threat. Every situation is different. It's easy to Monday morning quarter back every situation and point out different ways it could have been handled. Until you are put in a situation where you need to stop a threat in my opinion your opinion doesn't count.

TJN's photo
Sun 08/24/14 05:49 PM

I once worked out at a dojo with a 395lb cop; I could consistently submit him by wearing him out; he would often joke that I should wait until he saw me on the streets, because- his training was to always first radio for back-up: I couldn't take on 7 cops at once, nor he said no one could out-run 7 cops swarming. I would hate to think if his training was to first pull his gun out

And you know first hand that that's how Wilson was trained?
I don't believe any cop is trained to first pull out their gun.

TJN's photo
Sun 08/24/14 05:24 PM

I read that earlier. Wilson had a clean record with that department. Just because there are bad officers in a department doesn't mean they are all bad cops.
I believe I also read that the chief said Wilson was a good officer but that's not stated in the OP. If he was corrupt or had a bad record with that department I find it hard to believe he could have gotten a job as a cop anywhere.

I think the point was that at his first job, he was exposed to a lot of bad police training as a role model

So he was well trained how not to be a bad cop.

TJN's photo
Sun 08/24/14 05:04 PM
Edited by TJN on Sun 08/24/14 05:08 PM
I read that earlier. Wilson had a clean record with that department. Just because there are bad officers in a department doesn't mean they are all bad cops.
I believe I also read that the chief said Wilson was a good officer but that's not stated in the OP. If he was corrupt or had a bad record with that department I find it hard to believe he could have gotten a job as a cop anywhere.

TJN's photo
Sun 08/24/14 05:02 PM
Edited by TJN on Sun 08/24/14 05:05 PM

Fixed it

TJN's photo
Sat 08/23/14 01:15 PM
And that's the ONLY evidence there is?
You can't pick and chose what evidence you use and what evidence you overlook.

TJN's photo
Sat 08/23/14 11:34 AM
And some have already made a choice to find the officer guilty of murder before any evidence has proven that.

TJN's photo
Fri 08/08/14 11:20 AM

Perhaps someone should let the police know this statistic. Or the body guards of our politicians, to include our own president. After all the numbers show they would be safer if they were not around guns.

or perhaps these numbers don't tell the whole story...

no doubt, I expect people who have the PAID jOB of being trained to protect others,, would have guns for their JOB

I think the quote was more about keeping guns IN THE HOME< than working with guns though,,,

And how do you know those keeping guns in the home aren't properly trained?

TJN's photo
Fri 08/01/14 08:59 AM

Kyle later admitted on The O’Reilly Factor that he had been referring to Ventura.

As reported in the New Yorker, Kyle said he overheard Ventura talking loudly that night about why he opposed the war in Iraq. Kyle said he asked Ventura to keep his opinions to himself, partly out of respect for relatives in town for the wake for Michael Mansoor. When, according to Kyle, Ventura said that “we deserved to lose a few guys” over there, Kyle punched him, and Ventura “went down.”

It was after the O’Reilly broadcast that Ventura filed defamation charges.

“He never hit me. I don’t even know who he is,” Ventura told Piers Morgan on CNN. “This never happened. [This lawsuit] has always been about clearing my name and getting back my reputation. I was accused by this gentleman of committing treason; that’s very serious. In fact, it’s a capital offense in the military. It’s not about money; it’s about my reputation.”

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2013/aug/07/citylights2-did-chris-kyle-deck-jesse-ventura/#

Itike I said Ventura is never. Mentioned by name.
Just what was said in an interview. One mans word against another.
If what Kyle said on oreilly wasn't true then Ventura had no need to sue.
After all we all know everything on Fox News is a lie right.

it was mentioned in the book, not by name, UNTIL He went on air and said who the name referred to

that was defamation

So claiming to have punched someone out is defamation?
Obama should resign and sue all those who have said worse about him. GWB I'm sure would have several hundred lawsuits. Sara Palin, Mitt Romney, Joe Biden...... Need I go on? They've all had way worse things said of them.
In my opinion it was a frivolous law suit.

TJN's photo
Thu 07/31/14 05:39 PM
Edited by TJN on Thu 07/31/14 05:42 PM

Kyle later admitted on The O’Reilly Factor that he had been referring to Ventura.

As reported in the New Yorker, Kyle said he overheard Ventura talking loudly that night about why he opposed the war in Iraq. Kyle said he asked Ventura to keep his opinions to himself, partly out of respect for relatives in town for the wake for Michael Mansoor. When, according to Kyle, Ventura said that “we deserved to lose a few guys” over there, Kyle punched him, and Ventura “went down.”

It was after the O’Reilly broadcast that Ventura filed defamation charges.

“He never hit me. I don’t even know who he is,” Ventura told Piers Morgan on CNN. “This never happened. [This lawsuit] has always been about clearing my name and getting back my reputation. I was accused by this gentleman of committing treason; that’s very serious. In fact, it’s a capital offense in the military. It’s not about money; it’s about my reputation.”

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2013/aug/07/citylights2-did-chris-kyle-deck-jesse-ventura/#

Itike I said Ventura is never. Mentioned by name.
Just what was said in an interview. One mans word against another.
If what Kyle said on oreilly wasn't true then Ventura had no need to sue.
After all we all know everything on Fox News is a lie right.

TJN's photo
Thu 07/31/14 03:34 PM
I don't get it. The book doesn't mention Ventura by name.
What ever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones but name will never hurt me.
Ventura should have been the bigger man and dropped the lawsuit after Kyle's death.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25