Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Sat 11/30/13 08:48 AM
Ritual, tradition, right of passage.

That just goes with the wussification of people.

When I went through airborne school and graduated we had a tradition of getting "blood wings"
Where at graduation the jump masters would hold your winds to your chest and punch them in so they stuck to your chest. Then you had some whine and cry about it and they no longer do it. If you ask me it created a stronger bond of brotherhood between us. But hey what do I know.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/29/13 09:11 AM

I wish Obama could run again because he would get elected. Thank goodness we have Hillary running in 2014! As long as the majority of Americans are allowed to vote we will continue to have a democrat in office.

Yeah go ahead and vote for Hillary in 2014.
I hope it was just a typo.
The next presidential election is 2016. Then again I wouldn't expect most Obama supporters to know how long government officials terms are, and understand our election cycles.

And Hillary? noway

TJN's photo
Mon 11/25/13 06:02 PM

The American Medical
Association has weighed in on Obama's new health care package.
The Allergists were in favor of scratching it,
but the Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.
The Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the
Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.
Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was
labouring under a misconception,
while the Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.
Pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!"
while the Paediatricians said: "Oh, grow up!"
The Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness,
while the Radiologists could see right through it.
Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and the
Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.
The Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would "put a whole new face
on the matter."
The Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the
Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.
Anaesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas,
and those lofty Cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.
In the end, the Proctologists won out,
leaving the entire decision up to the a$$holes in Washington.

TJN's photo
Fri 11/22/13 05:33 AM
Edited by TJN on Fri 11/22/13 05:36 AM

Reid didn't just decide they could change the rules. That ability was always there. It's only been over the past few years that the Republican Senators have been abusing the filibuster. The average length of judicial vacancies during this administration has grown to over 7 months. Average. It's not that Republicans have become "picky." These guys have even gone on to propose that those vacant seats simply go away, and claim that Obama's "stacking the courts" by trying to fill five years of vacant seats.

But it's OK. Nobody expects Republicans to take responsibility for their actions. Carry on.

The republicans are taking responsibility by not letting the courts be filled will judges who will decide cases upon their beliefs instead if the law.

"I urge my Republican colleagues not to go through with changing these rules. In the long run, it is not a good result for either party. One day Democrats will be in the majority again, and this rule change will be no fairer to a Republican minority than it is to a Democratic minority. I sense that talk of the nuclear option is more about power than about fairness. I believe some of my colleagues propose this rule change because they can get away with it rather than because they know it is good for our democracy."

-Barack Obama 2005

TJN's photo
Mon 11/18/13 05:39 PM

After all this time, I would think that Zimmerman would learn to behave himself. Instead, he threatens someone again and gets put in jail. Anyone surprised?

How do you know he threatened someone?

TJN's photo
Sun 11/17/13 05:19 PM
Edited by TJN on Sun 11/17/13 05:19 PM

With Obamacare the insurance companies will LOSE billions and Obama will "bail-out" or buy the companies creating a government run "national healthcare" system.

The end justifies the means.
The end game is single payer.
When the ACA fails you will hear the only way to fix it is a single payer system

TJN's photo
Sun 11/17/13 04:36 PM
D.C. Insurance Commissioner Fired Hours After Questioning ACA "Fix"

Mere hours after being among the first insurance commissioners to question the President's administrative "magic pill" fix, D.C. Insurance Commissioner, William White is joining the stubborn unemployment rolls.

After President Obama announced last week that his administration would address the growing rancor over millions of policy cancellations by simply not enforcing the ACA penalties for one year, Mr. White spoke harshly about the President's move.

“The action today undercuts the purpose of the exchanges, including the District’s DC Health Link, by creating exceptions that make it more difficult for them to operate,” White said in a statement.

He also pointed to a statement issued by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners that said the Obama order “threatens to undermine the new market, and may lead to higher premiums and market disruptions in 2014 and beyond.”

“We concur with that assessment,” he assured.

White was summoned Friday afternoon to meet with with one of Washington Mayor Vincent C. Gray’s top deputies and was told that the mayor “wants to go in a different direction,” according to reports in the Washington Post.

White’s statement had been posted on the department website but was removed Friday morning. Spokesman Michael Flagg was asked about the removal and merely said the department's statement had changed.

“Our statement now is that we’re taking a close look at the implications of the president’s announcement on the District’s exchange and we will soon recommend a course of action after taking into consideration the positions of all the stakeholders,” Flagg wrote in an e-mail.

Granting another year for noncompliant plans — which often have strict limits on the types of care covered and the total amount of coverage offered — would relieve the mounting political pressure against Obama, who has been widely accused of dissembling in promising that people happy with their health-care plans could keep them. But insurers and policymakers are alarmed that the shift will mean healthy people who are happy with the low-premium, high-deductible plans will opt out of the exchanges, thus increasing premiums for those who do participate.

The largest insurer trade group in the country, America's Health Insurance Plans, also issued warnings last week of adverse consequences to this latest change, let alone the original problems prompting the change. "Changing the rules after health plans have already met the requirements of the law could destabilize the market and result in higher premiums for consumers," said Karen Ignani, President and Chief Executive.

White responded to a Washington Post reporter about his support for the fix, insisting, “I wasn’t saying I was against it, I also was saying I didn’t know enough to fully support it — I want to be clear, and I think it is, I was not speaking for Mayor Gray.”

White had served as Gray’s commissioner for the D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking since February 2011. White said he was aware from the beginning of his tenure that he served at the pleasure of the mayor, and his job was not a protected one. He said he was proud of his record and would have stayed.

http://www.wisconsinfree.com/index.php/articles/162

Besides the fact that Obama delaying this for a year being unconstitutional.
NNow if you question the president you get fired unbelievable.

TJN's photo
Sat 11/09/13 07:28 AM
Edited by TJN on Sat 11/09/13 07:29 AM
Last time he was injured we won a Super Bowl.
But I have to agree with mowtown our defense looked horrible.
Wallace will do good enough.

TJN's photo
Sat 11/09/13 07:03 AM

To some people, our flag is more than just fabric and thread, a mere object to be idolized.

It is not just a piece of cloth draped over my dad's coffin to be folded neatly in a triangle and then handed to my grieving mother with dignity and respect.

It is not just a product of the textile industry that flaps high above the graves of the soldiers that have fought and died for what that flag represents.

It's not just some object that I pledged allegiance to each morning as a child or that I behold with awe and respect when I rise and remove my hat and hear our national anthem played at a hockey or baseball game.

I honor our flag not as an object. It's so much more than that to many of us and to disrespect our flag or fail to give it the reverence it deserves is just utterly sad in my opinion.

drinker

TJN's photo
Fri 11/08/13 07:36 PM
MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson is reacting to President Obama's apology for people's health insurance being canceled. The president told NBC News he's sorry Americans are losing health insurance plans he said they could keep.

Johnson told 620 WTMJ's Charlie Sykes that President Obama stopped short in his apology of saying he was sorry for making promises about people keeping their policies in the first place.

"It certainly wasn't an apology. When I heard it, the analogy I was thinking of was, you tell somebody, 'Boy, I'm really sorry your dog died,' but you refuse to acknowledge you ran over that dog with your car," Johnson said. "Those are your tire tracks on that dog."

The senator continued by saying President Obama needs to accept responsibility for the problems with the implementation of the law.

"There is no accepting of responsibility," Johnson continued. "There is sure some empathy for people in a tough situation, but again they're in a tough situation because if Obamacare, because he told falsehoods."

TJN's photo
Fri 11/08/13 10:55 AM
Edited by TJN on Fri 11/08/13 10:58 AM

So what if 40-67% of the 5% of the population (2-3% overall) cannot keep their policies. Most of those policies were crap, anyway. They were cancelled because they don't meet the minimum requirements imposed by the ACA, and the reason people liked them was because they never really needed them. If, for example, you had such a policy, and got cancer, you would burn through your deductable in the first few minutes of care, and then burn through your lifetime maximum a few days later. Being stuck with the bill for $hundreds of thousands. Say hello to bankruptcy.

I have no problem with President Obama's assertion being only 97% correct, after all the statements about the ACA by Republicans being 97% wrong.

Gays are only 1% of the population so why should we give them the same rights to marry?

Most of those policies were crap, anyway.

Crap to whom?
Do you have proof of your accusation?

TJN's photo
Fri 11/08/13 10:43 AM

It's not idolizing an object (the flag) it's an pledge to the United States of America.
You know the part where it says "and to the republic for which it stands"

http://youtu.be/-6m5ZGvtGGE

hand over heart, and pledging allegiance to n object, IS IDOLIZING THE OBJECT

you know the part where it says 'I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG',, whie facing a flag..lol

it doesn't require a trip to dc and facing the 'republic'

An object can be given meaning. In the case of our flag it becomes a symbol. When you pledge allegiance to a symbol you are, in fact, pledging allegiance to the meaning behind the object, not the object itself.

She conveniently left out the part "AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS"
To make her point of seeing the flag as an idol.

allegiance [əˈliːdʒəns]
n
1. loyalty, as of a subject to his sovereign or of a citizen to his country

TJN's photo
Fri 11/08/13 10:04 AM
Edited by TJN on Fri 11/08/13 10:07 AM

It's not idolizing an object (the flag) it's an pledge to the United States of America.
You know the part where it says "and to the republic for which it stands"

http://youtu.be/-6m5ZGvtGGE

TJN's photo
Thu 11/07/13 06:06 PM

Obama's apology is a straw-man apology.

People aren't losing their insurance policies because of an assurance from Obama.
They are losing their policies because of Obamacare.

You're correct

But the ACA was sold to people (by Obama and the democrats) believing they could keep their plans

The people didn't buy Obamacare. If I recall correctly, Obamacare was accepted by certain Democrat senators in exchange for political goodies.

People voted in those who accepted those goodies

Do you think they would have been voted in if they told people it doesn't matter what insurance p,an you have most of you will lose it and be forced to go on the exchanges and end up paying way more than you are now?

I think not if the truth had been told I don't believe Obama would have been reelected and the republicans would have gained control of the senate and the ACA would have been repealed. But that's just my opinion

TJN's photo
Thu 11/07/13 05:56 PM

Obama's apology is a straw-man apology.

People aren't losing their insurance policies because of an assurance from Obama.
They are losing their policies because of Obamacare.

You're correct

But the ACA was sold to people (by Obama and the democrats) believing they could keep their plans

TJN's photo
Thu 11/07/13 05:48 PM

and your point is ?

Did you read the article or watch the interview?
They knew in 2010 MILLIONS would lose their insurance, yet up until the day before the implementation Obama promised people if they like their insurance and doctor they can keep it.

And like I said he didn't mean the apology, they need as many people to be in the exchanges for the ACA to work. People are losing good policies and are being forced into the exchanges where the plans are going to cost them more.

People need to pull their heads out of Obama's rear end and open their eyes

TJN's photo
Thu 11/07/13 05:15 PM

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview at the White House.

I can't say it sounded like a heartfelt apology. I don't believe he means it because the ACA needs more in it so it will work. And they knew this would happen.

Obama’s comments come 10 days after NBC News’ Lisa Myers reported that the administration has known since the summer of 2010 that millions of Americans could lose their insurance under the law.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/07/21352724-exclusive-obama-personally-apologizes-for-americans-losing-health-coverage?lite

TJN's photo
Tue 10/29/13 03:02 PM
Why did we make an entire new system when we already have one?

Why not just leave everyone who has insurance alone.

Then set up policies in Medicare and make those who don't have insurance buy policies through Medicare?

TJN's photo
Mon 10/28/13 04:46 PM

60 Minutes on Benghazi aired 10/27/13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t8HeHEO-Qk&list=TLlc9RY9iDzHgGoLylMwVexkOf8X5wP8VD

Over a year later more coming out about it and it's like it never happened.

Will we ever get the real answers on why we didn't shut down the embassy and get our people out of harms way. Or why security wasn't elevated. Or who ordered the stand down. Or why there was no military help sent in.

Or is it just another one of those things that happened so long ago it doesn't matter any more?

RIP Ambassador Chris Stevens, information officer Sean Smith, and former navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty

I pray one day there will be answers and someone will be held accountable for this tragedy.

TJN's photo
Wed 10/23/13 04:12 PM

healthcare through employment

adult + 1 = 124 every two weeks or 248 a month

aca cost 33 per month

,,SOME WILL SAVE, SOME WILL PAY MORE

its not an absolute,,,,but many who were turned away before will no longer be

and that makes it worth it for anyone who is able to care about people beyond themselves,,,

That's your premium. What is the deductible?

What demographic is that age single/family
And where are you getting your numbers from. I've been hearing a lot about people going on sites and not getting the correct numbers.

42, non smoker, 1 child looking in my employee benefits enrollment package

Ok that's through your employer.
Where did you get the 33/month for the ACA?

subsidy calculator,, enter your salary, your age and smoking sttus

it gives you the premium

What about the deductible?
And what if you aren't eligable for a subsidy?

there is ( I believe) a cap of 9.5 percent of income or up to 6600 per year,, from what I see toying with numbers

going all the way up to 800000 and 2 children, the premium was still 6600 per year

that's as high as I experimented

Ok again. That's the premium.
What is the deductible?

Premium is what you pay the insurance company for coverage.
Deductible is what you pay before before insurance coverage begins.

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25