Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Fri 10/05/18 08:58 AM

Sen. Joe Manchin is doing it right. He's looking at Kavanaugh's career, not this he said-she said junk.

So, you want Kavanaugh to go away. I'd like to know what your opinion is about joe nobody. The one that did a dumb thing and got sent to jail. He's out now, and wants to go to work. He knows he screwed up. Are you going to continue blaming him for something he did long ago? Sounds like you will.

Kavanaugh got dragged into a mess just because your party doesn't like him. He got accused of doing dastardly things. What is he most hated for? He was chosen by conservatives, because he'll want to uphold the constitution, and make dems live by the rules. He flared up, because Dems blamed him for things THEY did when they were teens. Not everyone lives that way. We believed our parents when they said don't do certain things.

Just because they did it, it doesn't mean everybody did it also.

I dont care where Kavanaugh goes, honestly. I am the first to admit how stupid kids can be and that they should not be punished for it for their entire lifetime.

Once a person does grow up, they are expected to take RESPONSIBILITY for their behaviors, not shirk, excuse, or justify them.

What is more the question here is not about kids behavior its about the integrity, honesty, and character of a SUPREME court justice, emphasis again on the word SUPREME which means they are supposed to be BETTER than others in their character, behavior, and integrity. The more of it they have, the higher up on the list they should be to serve, the less of it they have, the lower. That simple. Its about the job, not his guilt or innocence or where he should go. I could care less about where he goes. I just dont feel he is the BEST person for this job because of his character, demeanor.

Kavanaugh got dragged into a mess because a woman made an accusation about his past and a request for further review of his character. My 'party' was not in that couples counseling, nor did they write a letter which included a request for confidentiality. If there was nothing to hide, K could have handled it that way. He could have had SUPREME character to not only acknowledge something may have happened to the accuser, but to own up to what was probably a seriously obnoxiously drunk demeanor when he was youthful. Instead he was combative and evasive, not SUPREME behavior at all.

He did acknowledge something may have happened to her, and it wasn’t him. But why would he “own up to a seriously obnoxiously drunk demeanor when he was youthful” if he didn’t do it? You had him guilty of doing what he was accused of with no proof except for the the questionable memory of Dr Ford. That’s not how our country works.

TJN's photo
Thu 10/04/18 03:42 PM
Cosby admitting is is evidence.

Then you throw that big word “IF” in there.

Like IF Kavanaugh were a Democrat no accusations would have come out against him.

TJN's photo
Thu 10/04/18 03:23 PM
Edited by TJN on Thu 10/04/18 03:24 PM
“Just capable of sexual assault.”

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I think some people should go get psychiatric evaluations.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36717/womens-march-kavanaugh-doesnt-have-be-guilty-just-emily-zanotti?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

TJN's photo
Wed 10/03/18 05:46 PM
Edited by TJN on Wed 10/03/18 06:00 PM
It’s one thing to demonstrate civility while working as a judge and he has proven that over and over again while being a judge. I’d be willing to bet no one on this site knew of him before his nomination to the SCOTUS. Don’t you think if he was not a model judge that would have come out during his nomination hearings and in this hearing on sexual misconduct accusations?
I think civility can go out the window when when your name, reputation, and family are being drug through the mud because of accusations that can’t be proven true.

TJN's photo
Sun 09/30/18 06:49 PM

Here's the way it is, Nothing has been proven or disproven. If they go ahead and confirm him now without concrete evidence proving him innocent, They will once again be screwing themselves.

The way most people will look at it, they are railroading him in. Right now there is a big black cloud of doubt hanging over this guy. Confirming now is the same thing as saying it's OK. A justice is supposed to be beyond reproach. But without a full investigation, no one will ever really know.

If they confirm him now without all the evidence in, It will be seen as a Republican-led coverup.

“Evidence proving him innocent”

I thought in this country we were innocent until proven guilty?

TJN's photo
Tue 09/25/18 02:35 AM

Keith Maurice Ellison is an American politician and lawyer who has been the U.S. Representative for Minnesota's 5th congressional district since 2007

I dont think he has quite the name recognition. I had to look him up.

Ellison has been accused by two women of abusive behavior. In 2006, Amy Alexander claimed he “berated” and “pushed” her during an on-and-off relationship in the 1990s and early 2000s. He had sought a restraining order against her in 2005, and the next year a judge dismissed her request for a restraining order against him, according to the Star Tribune. More recently, his former girlfriend, Karen Monahan, accused him in August of repeated verbal abuse and one instance in which he pulled her from a bed by her ankle and shouted at her. She claims to have video evidence of the incident but will not release it, saying it is traumatic. Ellison has denied both allegations.

well," berating and pushing" after someone that someone has had a restraining order on you may or may not be more than defensive gestures,

but pulling someone from the bed, is just as violent as pinning and covering one's mouth. all accusers should have the chance to be heard, and the accused a chance to be heard in return.

According to most Kavanaugh’s not fit to be a judge on the Supreme Court because of allegations. Shouldn’t the same be said of Ellison who is running for attorney general of Minnesota?

TJN's photo
Mon 09/24/18 07:56 PM

I love how you guys are all really quiet about Ellison, something that is very current and very violent. He is a brutal woman beater. If he were a Republican you would be screaming bloody murder.

He’s a Democrat and denies the allegations so it’s all good. It never happened.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/12/18 08:10 PM

All i can say is NeedToImpeach.com. #notmypresident
If she loves him so much she can visit him in prison

If he’s not your president you can’t impeach him.

TJN's photo
Wed 09/12/18 04:30 PM

I think it's safe to say this game was very important to her. She missed her baby's first steps to train and lost. I think she was trying to have a super mom appearance.

I imagine every game is important to her. And that plenty of working mothers miss 'first steps' (they happen once and last a few seconds). I think she is trying to bring up her child with honest values, and did not appreciate being associated with having cheated on national recorded television.

But she did cheat and her coach admitted it.

TJN's photo
Tue 09/04/18 07:28 PM
“Believe in something even if it means sacrificing everything”

When he sacrifices everything he makes from Nike to the oppressed he’s fighting for maybe I’ll take him seriously.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/06/18 09:54 PM

Yup, those gun laws aren't working. It's too easy to step around them.

it is difficult if the laws in surrounding areas do not align. People are willing to travel for guns.

The flaw in your theory is I’d be willing to bet those doing the shooting aren’t able to legally own a firearm so they don’t need to travel but around the corner to obtain a firearm.

TJN's photo
Mon 08/06/18 09:52 PM
Edited by TJN on Mon 08/06/18 09:54 PM

TJN's photo
Tue 07/21/15 09:13 AM

well at least I will be able to stop sneaking Cuba cigars back into the U.S. that's about all I care about.

smokin drinker

TJN's photo
Fri 04/24/15 06:21 PM

Nothing to see here. It's all just right wingers trying to tarnish Hilary's name.

i cant tell if your being sarcastic or serious, if serious do some research on hillary as noone has to try to tarnish her name. hillary has a scandal list a mile long going back to the early 90's.

Pure sarcasm. But that's what they will say.

TJN's photo
Fri 04/24/15 06:02 PM
Nothing to see here. It's all just right wingers trying to tarnish Hilary's name.

TJN's photo
Fri 04/24/15 05:58 PM
Edited by TJN on Fri 04/24/15 05:59 PM
A little conceited? How about you let history decide instead of you deciding what history will say.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/holder-historians-will-view-my-tenure-as-golden-age-of-justice-dept-video/

TJN's photo
Tue 04/14/15 07:50 AM

I'm confused about this ' widow thing'.. what

Bill Clinton & Hillary R Clinton have been divorced a long time.
And this will be her SECOND time running for President.

And American presidents are ELECTED. It is not passed down.
* Fortunately*

Most Americans, from what I hear....
Want President Obama out. And do NOT want ANYONE named Clinton or Bush or Kennedy or ANY of the OLD political career families.
They are ' out of touch' with the middle class & poor.

drinker

TJN's photo
Fri 03/13/15 11:34 AM

WV past the law for carrying guns ... this was the story I heard first hear say ...
with no permits an can be concealed ...
I know where a hunting state and don't believe you can not have a permits to hunt may have to still get that ... but concealed with no back ground cks no learning how to use a gun ... an all they said was these $ permits help the police department for funding ... we had a law you can carry but is not concealed ...so now we have both... know wonder they call it almost heaven lmao

how would you feel about this law passing in your state ... and those states that has already passed this law ...how is that working for them ... I looked at the polling for our state and most are happy about it passing ...

makes me feel unsafe and I should go out an get a gun to protect my self now and carry ... everywhere I go ... because I will take a guess that may be how some people are going to feel ... or is this a ploy to be able to get those that do carry weapons and be able to take them away from them ... with any excuse the laws can come up with ...

http://www.statejournal.com/story/21575435/gun-ordinance-uniformity-bill-passes-wv-house

I dont support unregulated gun ownership, anymore than unregulated vehicle ownership

I feel its important to ensure owners are sound of mind and knowledgable about using the tool

It doesn't say anything about unregulated ownership. You need to get a background check to purchase handguns.

TJN's photo
Mon 03/02/15 06:24 AM

I read the OP a few days ago and sighed in disbelief, knowing how the futures market works, now. Supply and demand and all that, there's way too much demand above the $10 mark

However, I just read this article pointing to the lowered cost of solar and wind power. In today's economy, there's no way we'll get by on powering our cars with electricity, but in just a few years, they'll be way more common, and sensible. You'll come down to the choice of using electric/battery powered things or spending several times more the cost to use fossil fuels.

And just how do you propose we would produce enough electricity to power said electric vehicles?

TJN's photo
Sun 02/08/15 08:05 AM

1098 The Crusaders take Edessa and then Antioch, and
triumph over a Muslim rescue army commanded by Karbuqa, ruler of Mosul. The incident of
cannibalism by the crusaders in Maarra.
"For three days they put people to the
sword, killig more than a hundred thousand people and taking many prisoners." (Ibn
al-Athir)

"In Maarra our troops boiled pagan adults in cooking pots; they impaled children on
spits and devoured them grilled." (Radulph of Caen)

1099 Fall of Jerusalem, followed by massacres and
plunder by the crusaders.
The population of the holy city was put to the sword, and the
crusaders spent a week massacring Muslims. They killed more than seventy thousand people
in Al-Aqsa Mosque. The Jews had gathered in their synagogue and the crusaders burned them
alive. They also destroyed the monuments of saints, the mosque of Umar and the tomb of
Abraham.

Yes that happened. But why?
In any war you can pick one side and show atrocities committed by the other side. One can defend either side by picking out information that backs their beliefs. You stated a date of 1098. Was there nothing preceding that date to cause what happened.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25