Community > Posts By > Lily0923

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 10:40 AM

But then it wont just end with Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, EVERYONE would then be entitled to have a display. The Pagan community woudnt push it because they keep a low profile anyway, but everyone else would demand a display for their particular religious bent. It would become unreasonable.

Let 'em it all belongs to us anyways...

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 10:38 AM

Have no fear, Krimsa. I did not call anyone out by name. All I did was express my own opinion, as per your request. If somebody wants to celebrate their own holidays in their own ways, that's fine, I can accept and respect that. By the same token, I'd like the same respect in return. That's all I said.

Calling anyone out by name? Because I mentioned that Christmas was an adopted Pagan holiday? That is based in historical fact sir. There is no need to take offense.

((Krimsa))

don't upset anyone's world... Let them think what they want, we KNOW the truth.

Christmas Tree= Druid = Pagan
Yule Log = Celtic Pagans
Mistletoe = Celtic Pagans
Giving Gifts = Celtic Pagans

I won't go on... let them look it up and be amazed at what they find...

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 10:35 AM

when you finally see Andy give him one tender kiss on the cheek and tell him it's from me

rofl Oh you know I will....

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 10:34 AM

Apparently, there must be some kind of requisite criteria needed to create a thread that will go a full 50 pages (or more). What's the trick?

Create crontroversy and be negative...

Happy stuff doesn't sell here.

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 10:32 AM
Now I'm watching Tru TV and the day is devoted to internet serial killers... I can't win today.

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 10:30 AM
OK well I've thrown up once so far, but I think it is because I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday.

Diet Pepsi, not so great the second time around.

I ate a sandwich...I'm good now.

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:19 AM

oh chill.. you will be FINE!!!
you just gotta remember to BREATHE!!! and everything will beok!
flowerforyou flowerforyou

Breath right, got it, I'ma do that right after my laundry is done.... or not.

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:16 AM

how about now?? is he here yet?!?!
is he???

cuz that would be NEAT!!
biggrin

I think I'm gonna throw up.... from nerves not from it being NEAT.

I had orientation for students this morning and I barely got through it, luckily my co-workers know and saved the day for me.

I have a plethora of emotions in my tummy right now.

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:12 AM
Why do I feel like I'm going to throw up?

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:12 AM

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: 11 hours left :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

ok I'm comin in late here .. 11 hours til??????????????????????????????????

bigsmile

My sweetie is here from across the pond...smitten

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:08 AM
How did you feel the day you were going to meet the person you have spent so much time talking to and caming with?

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:06 AM

When my daughter was about 6 years old, she asked me, "Mommy, if all the presents are made at the North Pole, and Santa is supposed to bring them to us, why do we have to go shopping for presents?"

Now before I get bashed for the answer I gave her, let me first explain that I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness (until I was 17) and we didn't celebrate Christmas and there definitely was no such thing as Santa Clause. I was picked on big time as a child because of it, and trust me, it was not a fun time for me having to defend myself because of it.

So in answer to my daughter's question, I told her that Santa is a very busy man with lots of presents to give out and sometimes he needs a little help. So he asks the parents and Aunts and Uncles and any family and friends to help out so that everyone can get a present. I also told her that some people can't afford to get that much, but that everyone should appreciate whatever it is that was given to them. This answer seem to satisfy her, and she even made the comment "So if I don't get everything I asked for, it's not because I was bad, it's just because you didn't have enough money." I told her that was exactly right! I figured she was better off hearing that explanation then me just saying there was no such thing as Santa Clause and that me and her family buy all the presents. I didn't want her to have to go through the torment that I went through as a kid.

Since then, she has told everyone that explanation and not only has no one ridiculed her for it, but the kids respond with something like "So, that's how he does it" and the parents seem to like the explanation as well.

So I guess my question to everyone is do you tell your child/children if there really is a Santa Clause or not? Or how would you respond to the question my daughter asked? Do you have your own belief system in what Christmas and Santa Claus is all about?

In our house Santa brings certain presents and mommy gives some too.

I don't think what you told your daughter was wrong, glad I'm not there yet and I have at least one more "Santa" Christmas or Yule left.

My parents told me almost the same thing when I first started to realize.

Lily0923's photo
Sat 11/22/08 09:02 AM
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: 11 hours left :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 07:34 PM

Sir Walter Scott quotes

“Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive”

What a wise man, and what a wise woman you are for knowing who it was....smooched flowerforyou

24 and a half hours till pick up....

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 07:24 PM

I think I'll hijack this thread to use for taking up donations for the socially enept and emotionally challenged among us...

I'll cough up the first $5

You have her address do you?

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 07:19 PM

OOOHHHHHH I see the point of the thread now... Sorry for intruding.

The thread seems valid enough to me. She asked a simple,sincere question relating to all of us who genuinly compare our experiences to our realities and our realities to our hopes.

I'm sure you do think it is valid...I'm sure you do dear...

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 07:12 PM
OOOHHHHHH I see the point of the thread now... Sorry for intruding.

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 07:07 PM

he does this with all his food. And he absolutely loves his chereos (he'll throw a fit if he doesnt get them).

Right there is the issue... Why do you let him throw fits? Why do you allow him to run the show? Who is the adult in the house? Who makes and sets the rules and boundries?

Be the parent, don't be manipulated by the 6 year old/

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 07:00 PM

I do know I am afraid of being alone. I don't want to be alone.

That will leave you alone more than anything else in the world...

Lily0923's photo
Fri 11/21/08 06:53 PM

Most believe there is a perfect person for them out there in the world. Some call these people soul mates.

However.....
Most people marry people that live near them. People they work with or go to school with...etc. (so says a website on marriage statistics). Look at how many people marry their H.S. sweethearts. I bet most of these people would say their spouse is their true love or soul mate.

So it seems most people's true love or soul mate just happens to live nearby. Really?

Seems to me that we create love, not find it. We find someone who is closest to what we want and then we find things to love about them. We create and build love.

If we really only feel in love with that one perfect person we would have a heck of a time finding that person in this big world. Then they might be married to THEIR soul mate.

What do you think? Are you searching for your one and only soul mate or are you searching for just a good person that you will then create love with?

You are confusing the words,love, relationships, marriage, and soul mates first off.

Love is a state of mind or an unexplained emotional attachment to someone.

Relationships are what you have with people you are compatable with.

Marriage is something you do with someone you have both love for and a relationship with.

and soul mates come in many forms, not only and least likely are the romantic type. Soul mates are people you have known in another lifetime, they can be friends, enemies, loved ones or romantic attachments.

If you do find the "romantic" soul mate, when you begin to have sex with them it overloads the balance of energy and you burn each other up.

You do not always get to have relationships with people you love, you do not always have love for the people you are in relatinships with, and hardly ever do you have a lasting relationship with a soul mate (romantically speaking) a soul mate should never come out of the "friend zone" and that way you will have them the rest of your life...

These things take time and patience and lots of trial and error, most of all they come with experience and wisdom.