Community > Posts By > JustAGuy2112

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 05/23/10 05:04 PM
...to my household.

No idea what I am going to name them yet.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 05/23/10 02:25 AM

I respect your right to have an opinion.. but I think one should try to INFORM themself before coming to a conclusion

Affirmative Action is not A LAW. Affirmative Action refers to a NUMBER of laws and regulations aimed towards opening up opportunities to all(initially created to offset the exclusion of groups like minorities, women, and the handicapped).

There are places and instances where AA is overstated and needs to be revised. But everything labeled AA is not inherently discriminatory in any sense, on the contrary, it is mostly measures to COMBAT previous and existing discrimination.

thats not my opinion either, you can actually look up the laws, and regulations, as well as how they are worded.

this is my opinion though,,,,those who oppose AA because of incidents of misuse are not much different than those who oppose law enforcement because of incidents where they or others were misused, or those who oppose government because theydon't agree with some political policies, or like wanting to throw out the whole constitution because of a section that made some people worth less than others ...its a knee jerk and overdramatic reaction

If there are things that need fixing,,fix those things, instead of bagging the whole effort,,,

Affirmative action gives special points to minorities that can take a job or scholarship away from someone who is actually more qualified as happened at a Target I worked at in the early 90's.

please, show me the policy or law,,,,these claims always bother me because I wonder about a company that shares co applicants information/qualifications with each other. Particularly Target, which I imagine has sales, cashier, stock, and management positions. I dont know of any of those positions(besides management)which require a special skill set and most management positions I know of dont go on a 'point' system.

But Target and Walmart have both jumped off on their own little world before,, so Im not saying its impossible. Just that it would be weird for such a large company to risk civil action by disclosing to an applicant that they actually hired someone else who wasnt as qualified.

I have never personally heard of an employment policy under the Affirmative action guidelines that gave 'points'......

MsHarmony....just a point of reference for you.

Look up the University of Michigan and the Supreme Court decision that said their " points " system for minorities was unconstitutional.

The lawsuit was brought because the University of Michigan was basing admissions on a points system that gave minorities more " points " just for being minorities.

Now...had they NOT been doing that, and going strictly by the grades, many of those minority students would not have been admitted.

But, of course, had they not been granting more points to minorities, then the University would have gotten into deep water with the Government. Because the Government determined that there should be a certain " percentage " of minorities.

Explain to me, please, how the University could have POSSIBLY done the " right " thing.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 05/22/10 04:20 PM

EO11246

Section 202.1
The contractor will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The contractor agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officer setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause.

OH MY GOSH << HOW RACIST OF THEM,,,,lol

still have yet to see the actual part of a law or regulation which is expressly discriminatory,, and I suspect that I won't in the near future either

But, the discrimination comes in when the government sets " minimums " of minorities that have to be employed.

You could have 20 people working for you, all of them HIGHLY qualified, go to hire more, and have to hire people less qualified simply because the government says so.

quotas are not part of affirmative action,,,what you describe might happen if a company has been PROVEN to actively discriminate in hiring,,,and even then, there only has to be proven an honest EFFORT to provide the opportunities to others,,,

There doesn't have to be any real proof. Just an accusation will do.

Mikey....don't go jumping up and down at me and telling me what I could or couldn't handle.

You don't know me at all....and it's plainly obvious that you haven't read very many of my posts.

If you had, you would know that I don't speak just for the sake of reading my own posts.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 05/22/10 03:51 PM

EO11246

Section 202.1
The contractor will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. The contractor will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, upgrading, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training, including apprenticeship. The contractor agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, notices to be provided by the contracting officer setting forth the provisions of this nondiscrimination clause.

OH MY GOSH << HOW RACIST OF THEM,,,,lol

still have yet to see the actual part of a law or regulation which is expressly discriminatory,, and I suspect that I won't in the near future either

But, the discrimination comes in when the government sets " minimums " of minorities that have to be employed.

You could have 20 people working for you, all of them HIGHLY qualified, go to hire more, and have to hire people less qualified simply because the government says so.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 05/22/10 09:45 AM

Well, if the Americans are on the Mexican side.... are they carrying their passports? Wouldn't that be illegal immigration.... rofl

Yep. They would probably be thrown in jail.

Funny how Calderon parroted all the crap that Obama spews about the Arizona bill...but during an interview with Wolf Blitzer flat out stated that Mexican authorities go around asking for immigration papers or passports.

The hypocrisy was astounding.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 05/22/10 09:33 AM
Meh. One of the higher ups in ICE has already said that ICE has already said that ICE will most likely not be doing anything about Illegals picked up in Arizona.

Nice how someone who's JOB is to enforce the law can get away with not actually DOING it.

Gee...wonder what would happen to a regular American who refused to do the job they were hired to do.

Oh yeah. I know. That regular American would LOSE THEIR JOB.

Isn't it great that someone in a government position can flat out say that they won't do their job and there won't be any repercussions?

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sat 05/22/10 01:09 AM

Yep he's a racist. He was backed by the teabaggers aren't they all racist's frustrated

Yea they sure are, including all the african americans in it's leadership. whoa

there are african americans in the tea party LEADERSHIP?

any names I can research?

No need to bother.

Dragoness has already let us know the African American leadership in the Tea Party are all racists too.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 05/21/10 10:03 PM

You make accusations without any proof to back up your statements here. I am not actually sure, you heard the interview and maybe need to readdress the statements themselves to define a better understanding for yourself. I can not see any objectivity here on your part of actually reading the statements. It sounds like some kind of second hand, twisted form of the truth.

Meh. She hasn't read the Arizona illegal immigration law either...but that is " racist " too.

Even though Mexican isn't a Race. AND the language in the law is in NO WAY racist.

She see and reads what fits into her little box and nothing else is allowed inside.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 05/21/10 10:00 PM
Individual rights only go so far also.

You cannot have the individual right to commit crimes at least not without punishment even on your personal time.

Oh the HYPOCRISY!!!!!

" You cannot have the individual right to commit crimes "....yet...you COMPLETELY CONDONE the Illegal Aliens BREAKING THE LAW!!!!

Make up your mind.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 05/21/10 09:38 PM
Nothing in particular.

I can make people laugh..other than that...not much.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 05/21/10 09:35 PM

Hiya Jag

Hiya Myssyflowerforyou

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 05/21/10 09:34 PM

rofl :laughing: :laughing: rofl :laughing: :laughing: myssfytz, is it just us that are on here?????? We are such party animals on a friday night:laughing: :laughing:

it's Saturday morning here in Germany. another long day planed visiting people I don't know who all speak a language of which I only have a 3 year olds comprehension

more fun for me. I learn more words everyday and I feel like my head is going to explode.

. . .

Huh. I didn't know you are in Germany. Never looked at your profile...lol

A couple of people from my Distributed Computing team are in Germany.:thumbsup:

JustAGuy2112's photo
Fri 05/21/10 09:30 PM
waving

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 05/20/10 10:00 PM

Oh geeze. That's the easy ( and expensive ) way out. LOL

Not so expensive really...

And maybe it is easy, but its only me here and I dont eat much anyways and well, for one person.....a big mess for ONE person ??? Naaaahhhh, not for me, just depressing with nobody to share it with

Totally understandable.

I used to do that too.

But then I figured out that, even though I didn't have anyone to cook for, I was still much better off doing it for myself.

It helps me feel good to putter around in the kitchen. And when something I am trying actually works...nothing like it.

Not to mention....chicks usually dig a guy that can cook.

I know it worked to my advantage with the one I'll be meeting in a week or so...lol

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 05/20/10 09:55 PM
Oh geeze. That's the easy ( and expensive ) way out. LOL

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 05/20/10 09:52 PM
Guy....gal...makes no difference. They are all tough to cook properly.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Thu 05/20/10 09:40 PM
As long as the " friend " doesn't wind up BEING dinner......

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 09:53 PM

What do you think would happen if the truth did come out so fully Obama and crew could not hide it under any carpet any more??

It would never happen.

The MSM would just brush it off. Just like they have every OTHER question that has been brought up about his heritage.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 09:48 PM
Nope. The only thing I could have done differently would have been to have the b***h committed.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 09:41 PM
My friend posted an update....

From the JPL / NASA page:

One flip of a bit in the memory of an onboard computer appears to have caused the change in the science data pattern returning from Voyager 2, engineers at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory said Monday, May 17. A value in a single memory location was changed from a 0 to a 1.

On May 12, engineers received a full memory readout from the flight data system computer, which formats the data to send back to Earth. They isolated the one bit in the memory that had changed, and they recreated the effect on a computer at JPL. They found the effect agrees with data coming down from the spacecraft. They are planning to reset the bit to its normal state on Wednesday, May 19.