Community > Posts By > JustAGuy2112

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 09:22 PM
Shhhhh....

That's already been brushed under the rug.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 07:44 PM
There IS a source posted for this particular part. It seems that the two sources were the same, but I couldn't find a reference to the first article on the JPL page.

From the JPL / NASA page:

Engineers have shifted NASA's Voyager 2 spacecraft into a mode that transmits only spacecraft health and status data while they diagnose an unexpected change in the pattern of returning data. Preliminary engineering data received on May 1 show the spacecraft is basically healthy, and that the source of the issue is the flight data system, which is responsible for formatting the data to send back to Earth. The change in the data return pattern has prevented mission managers from decoding science data.

The first changes in the return of data packets from Voyager 2, which is near the edge of our solar system, appeared on April 22. Mission team members have been working to troubleshoot and resume the regular flow of science data. Because of a planned roll maneuver and moratorium on sending commands, engineers got their first chance to send commands to the spacecraft on April 30. It takes nearly 13 hours for signals to reach the spacecraft and nearly 13 hours for signals to come down to NASA's Deep Space Network on Earth.

Voyager 2 launched on August 20, 1977, about two weeks before its twin spacecraft, Voyager 1. The two spacecraft are the most distant human-made objects, out at the edge of the heliosphere, the bubble the sun creates around the solar system. Mission managers expect Voyager 1 to leave our solar system and enter interstellar space in the next five years or so, with Voyager 2 on track to enter interstellar space shortly afterward. Voyager 1 is in good health and performing normally.

"Voyager 2's initial mission was a four-year journey to Saturn, but it is still returning data 33 years later," said Ed Stone, Voyager project scientist at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. "It has already given us remarkable views of Uranus and Neptune, planets we had never seen close-up before. We will know soon what it will take for it to continue its epic journey of discovery."

The original goals for the two Voyager spacecraft were to explore Jupiter and Saturn.

As part of a mission extension, Voyager 2 also flew by Uranus in 1986 and Neptune in 1989, taking advantage of a once-in-176-year alignment to take a grand tour of the outer planets. Among its many findings, Voyager 2 discovered Neptune's Great Dark Spot and 450-meter-per-second (1,000-mph) winds. It also detected geysers erupting from the pinkish-hued nitrogen ice that forms the polar cap of Neptune's moon Triton. Working in concert with Voyager 1, it also helped discover actively erupting volcanoes on Jupiter's moon Io, and waves and kinks in Saturn's icy rings from the tugs of nearby moons.

Voyager 2 is about 13.8 billion kilometers, or 8.6 billion miles, from Earth. Voyager 1 is about 16.9 billion kilometers (10.5 billion miles) away from Earth.

The Voyagers were built by JPL, which continues to operate both spacecraft. Caltech manages JPL for NASA.

For more information about the Voyagers, visit: JPL/NASA.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 07:39 PM
OK ok....so the title is a bit tongue in cheek.

But there is definitely something odd happening with one of the Voyagers.

This article was posted on another website...but no source was provided.

IT left Earth 33 years ago, now it's claimed the Voyager 2 spacecraft may have been hijacked by aliens after sending back data messages NASA scientists can't decode.

NASA installed a 12-inch disk containing music and greetings in 55 languages in case intelligent extraterrestrial life ever found it.

But now the spacecraft is sending back what sounds like an answer: Signals in an unknown data format!

The best scientific minds have so far not been able to decipher the strange information – is it a secret message?

Alien expert Hartwig Hausdorf said:"It seems almost as if someone had reprogrammed or hijacked the probe – thus perhaps we do not yet know the whole truth" Read more in Bild

Engineers are working to solve the data transmissions from the Voyager 2 spacecraft near the edge of the solar system, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory said today.

The spacecraft late last month began sending science data 8.6 billion miles to Earth in a changed format that mission managers could not decode.

Engineers have since instructed Voyager 2 to only transmit data on its own health and status while they work on the problem.

Launched in 1977, Voyager 2 and its twin, Voyager 1, explored the giant planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and kept on going. Nearly 33 years later, they are the most distant human-made objects.

Voyager 1 is 10.5 billion miles from Earth and in about five years is expected to pass through the heliosphere, a bubble the sun creates around the solar system, and enter interstellar space.

Voyager 2 will follow after that.

Seems a bit odd that even the folks at JPL ( I mean...they really ARE rocket scientists ) can't figure this one out, doesn't it??

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 06:20 PM

Sounds interesting

now Im wondering how many people who vote for this inexperienced politician will have knocked OBama's 'inexperience' when he ran.

Personally, I dont think politicians have to have had political experience specifically, as long as they are intelligent, adequately familiar with the structure of government, carry themself with integrity in the public and professionalism on the job, and have worked in some social capacity. I think the proof will be in his campaign , just like OBamas was and it should be interesting to watch how things unfold.

But I guarantee that what is good for the goose is good for the gander and after an ELECTION of the people , there will still be some that insist the votes were JUST because of his father(like those who said OBama was voted in JUST because of his race) and couldnt possibly be about the issues.
I personaly voted for Obama because he was the best candidate out there. Imagine if we had wacky Mcain and Crazy Palin running the country scared We would all be singing "Bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran and comenting on Palins fashion. I am so glad most of america woke up in time to choose the best man out there.

I agree, I think that most of the time, people vote for the candidate they feel is best,,,,,perhaps I am naive that way,,lol

The vast majority of people vote either by party lines through tradition( " My dad voted Republican so I will vote Republican " AND I AM NOT SPEAKING FOR MYSELF PERSONALLY ) OR they depend on the media to TELL them who the best candidate is.

If the MSM suddenly decided that Obama was no longer the Messiah and started touting a Republican candidate in the next Presidential Election the way they did Obama....I can GUARANTEE that Republican candidate would win the election.

People these days are too damn lazy to educate themselves and actually vote for the best person for the job rather than the best " personality ".

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 06:14 PM

Sounds interesting

now Im wondering how many people who vote for this inexperienced politician will have knocked OBama's 'inexperience' when he ran.

Personally, I dont think politicians have to have had political experience specifically, as long as they are intelligent, adequately familiar with the structure of government, carry themself with integrity in the public and professionalism on the job, and have worked in some social capacity. I think the proof will be in his campaign , just like OBamas was and it should be interesting to watch how things unfold.

But I guarantee that what is good for the goose is good for the gander and after an ELECTION of the people , there will still be some that insist the votes were JUST because of his father(like those who said OBama was voted in JUST because of his race) and couldnt possibly be about the issues.
I personaly voted for Obama because he was the best candidate out there. Imagine if we had wacky Mcain and Crazy Palin running the country scared We would all be singing "Bomb bomb bomb bomb Iran and comenting on Palins fashion. I am so glad most of america woke up in time to choose the best man out there.

Wow. Sitting around singing " Kiss kiss kiss kiss Commie *** " is SO much better.

And by the way....the media IS commenting on Michelle's fashion sense....so that particular tidbit in your argument is a wash at best.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Wed 05/19/10 06:05 PM

Sounds interesting

Ohhhhhh...you mean all he has to do is come up with a couple of " slam dunk " words and he, too, can get away with not taking a specific position on anything???

AWESOME!!!!

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 08:35 PM

Would, perchance, this Crime Scene Investigator, at first suspect her because of the accuracy of her predictions??

Yes! You got it !

Heh.

I read a lot of Mystery/Thriller stories...lmao

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 07:15 PM
Would, perchance, this Crime Scene Investigator, at first suspect her because of the accuracy of her predictions??

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 04:39 PM
Psst....in amongst all your rambling..I need to point out something.

Unlike some others around here who deny what they are...I am most certainly not a Republican. Just because I form my opinions using logic doesn't mean that I am Republican. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't make me a Republican.

I do not agree with everything from EITHER party.

I have never said, nor will I say, that the last Amnesty bill was a good idea. I don't believe an unfettered free market is the perfect solution.

I also don't believe that abortion should be outlawed in all cases.

So....unless you have insight into what I think that no one, including me, actually has, then please refrain from trying to place me in a box just because it would be convenient to your position.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 04:16 PM

Considering that 70% of the people in this country are opposed to Amnesty...there is no other " wedge " issue needed.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if Obama grants Amnesty to over 15 million people, in this economy, the Dems won't see the White House again for at LEAST 20 years.
I have to wonder why the republicans (business class) let them in the country in the first place. One would think that way back when they were crossing the border from mexico to texas senior Bush would have clammped down. 15 million is a small number in a country of 300 million. My opinion is let t he ones here stay and close the borders to new imigration. Let the country have time to adjust and those here acclimate to what it is to be an american. I dont wish to see a roundup and police state type tacticts used to find the illegals from the legals. Just close off the border for gods sake. Many many Mexicans work hard every day and yes some milk the system but ya know what a small percent of every race and nationality does this. get a grip allready

One...15 million is a VERY light estimate.

Two...15 million may be a " small " number out of 300 million..but it's a very LARGE number for the several million folks who are currently out of work and running out of unemployment benefits.

Three....they tried the " Let the ones who are here stay here " thing before. All it did was encourage even more to cross illegally because they figured eventually they would be rewarded for doing so.

Four..it's obvious that you, like all the other Liberals who are doing all the shouting about the law, haven't bothered to actually READ the law.

Five...in NO way should any group, no matter how " hard " they work, be REWARDED for breaking the laws of this country. All that will do is encourage even MORE to break the law in anticipation of getting the same reward once their numbers get big enough.

I have a firm grip.

Perhaps you might try thinking with logic rather than emotion.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 04:04 PM
My reaction???

You probably won't like it much....

But...first of all...your son is going to need a thicker skin if he's gonna survive in this world. Shaggy and Scooby Doo?? Please.

Second of all....go ahead and let the boyfriend know that you were not amused with the behavior.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 03:59 PM
Considering that 70% of the people in this country are opposed to Amnesty...there is no other " wedge " issue needed.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if Obama grants Amnesty to over 15 million people, in this economy, the Dems won't see the White House again for at LEAST 20 years.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 03:55 PM
no, Im admitting I have no way to know his intentions,, and not having much information about any quotes or policies on the matter I cant really make a guess as to what they are either...

You may not have much information....but don't his actions ( or in this case INACTION ) give you a pretty good idea of his " intentions "??

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 03:12 PM

It's heartwarming, 'people'-oriented stories like this one that make me realize what a warm, giving people we are ... I'm all full of 'warm fuzziness' now ... I think I might go hug a tree to celebrate ... I could even buy a Compact Fluorescent Bulb while I'm in this good a mood ... O joy! We truly ARE 'The Beacon On The Hill' ... !

reminds me of what my mom told me about littering when I was younger,,,,doesnt seem like much to just throw a bottle on the ground,,,but if one person is allowed everyone starts feeling like they should be allowed, and then what kind of place where we live in?

seems giving on a short scale, but if EVERYONE starts following suit and bypassing borders and requirements to just come and stay here,,,,,,what kind of place will we be living in?

how just is it that those who follow the law can fare WORSE(be rejected entry) than those who bypass and deceive it? I just dont get it....

seriously, I think I want to go to one of Trumps home when he isnt there, slip in his back patio, do some long overdue housework that he wasnt willing to, invite my cousins and siblings, have a child and then wait for him to discover me so I can demand what he should be doing for me and mine,,,,,,because, after all, we are ALREADY there, doing the work he wont, and it wouldnt be fair to punish the children,,,,,

HAHAHAHAH!!!!

I remember bringing up something VERY similar to this and being told that " it's completely different ".

The claim was that the logic ( which Liberals seem to fail MISERABLY at using ) behind that kind of statement doesn't work because it's his " property " but the American borders are nothing more than an " imaginary " line.

Funny how, when it comes to having our COUNTRY basically invaded by law breakers, it's perfectly fine because the border is " imaginary " but yet, the individual's property line, which is no LESS imaginary, is off limits.

The country belongs to everyone....but my stuff is my stuff and you can't have it??

They just don't see that they can't have it both ways.

Either enforce ALL the laws...or enforce NONE of them. Including the laws against stealing your property.

That is essentially what the illegals are doing anyway.

so, am I liberal, conservative, a liberal conservative , or a conservative liberal?....lol

I'm thinking ' one of a kind '.bigsmile

You are the rare person who has a Liberal lean, but can manage to use logic. lol

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 02:20 PM

It's heartwarming, 'people'-oriented stories like this one that make me realize what a warm, giving people we are ... I'm all full of 'warm fuzziness' now ... I think I might go hug a tree to celebrate ... I could even buy a Compact Fluorescent Bulb while I'm in this good a mood ... O joy! We truly ARE 'The Beacon On The Hill' ... !

reminds me of what my mom told me about littering when I was younger,,,,doesnt seem like much to just throw a bottle on the ground,,,but if one person is allowed everyone starts feeling like they should be allowed, and then what kind of place where we live in?

seems giving on a short scale, but if EVERYONE starts following suit and bypassing borders and requirements to just come and stay here,,,,,,what kind of place will we be living in?

how just is it that those who follow the law can fare WORSE(be rejected entry) than those who bypass and deceive it? I just dont get it....

seriously, I think I want to go to one of Trumps home when he isnt there, slip in his back patio, do some long overdue housework that he wasnt willing to, invite my cousins and siblings, have a child and then wait for him to discover me so I can demand what he should be doing for me and mine,,,,,,because, after all, we are ALREADY there, doing the work he wont, and it wouldnt be fair to punish the children,,,,,

HAHAHAHAH!!!!

I remember bringing up something VERY similar to this and being told that " it's completely different ".

The claim was that the logic ( which Liberals seem to fail MISERABLY at using ) behind that kind of statement doesn't work because it's his " property " but the American borders are nothing more than an " imaginary " line.

Funny how, when it comes to having our COUNTRY basically invaded by law breakers, it's perfectly fine because the border is " imaginary " but yet, the individual's property line, which is no LESS imaginary, is off limits.

The country belongs to everyone....but my stuff is my stuff and you can't have it??

They just don't see that they can't have it both ways.

Either enforce ALL the laws...or enforce NONE of them. Including the laws against stealing your property.

That is essentially what the illegals are doing anyway.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 12:26 PM
I find it utterly hilarious that China ( of all countries ) are " disgusted " by Arizona's immigration law when CHINA requires a passport to move between PROVINCES.

Oh by the way....

Cross the border into China illegally...you get shot dead.

Maybe we should start doing that here.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Mon 05/17/10 12:06 PM
I've never really had a particular age range.

My daughter's mom was 9 years younger than me.

I've also been with someone 12 years older.

The woman I am going to be meeting in a couple of weeks is 8 years younger.

It really doesn't much matter to me.

I will say that it would just be odd for me if someone I was interested in was within a couple of years of the age of my daughter.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 05/16/10 03:22 PM

I think not ... the places I added to the list are ALL equally as bad as, if not worse than, Mejikkko. They ALL have oligarchic 'government' with wealth and privilege concentrated in the 'few' at the top of the pyramid. You wouldn't mind 'splaining where I went wrong, would you ... ? The other examples ARE cesspools of political and personal corruption in 'government' ... and THAT's already here ... no waiting necessary. Since 'The ONE' is doing his damnedest to destroy OUR middle class, we're rapidly on our way to becoming the same 'have' and 'have not' two-tiered class structure as the cesspools I've added to his 'list of one'.

Dude...open your eyes. We were WELL on the way to a " have " and " have not " society LONG before Obama got voted in.

The middle class had ALREADY been decimated by corporations sending jobs across seas and borders.

Obama didn't do that. As much as ya might like to blame him for it, it simply cannot be done.

Now, I'm NOT saying that he has done a damn thing to HELP the middle class....but he certainly wasn't the one to begin the destruction of it.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 05/16/10 03:20 PM

I think not ... the places I added to the list are ALL equally as bad as, if not worse than, Mejikkko. They ALL have oligarchic 'government' with wealth and privilege concentrated in the 'few' at the top of the pyramid. You wouldn't mind 'splaining where I went wrong, would you ... ?

I don't NEED to explain it. You answered it yourself.

The Mega Banks ( too big to fail, remember? ) were the ones who had a big hand in bringing our economy to it's knees.

A few people with the majority of the money. They may not have been politicians, but the definitely bought Washington D.C. and continue to do so.

JustAGuy2112's photo
Sun 05/16/10 03:13 PM
Edited by JustAGuy2112 on Sun 05/16/10 03:14 PM

No mystery there? You sure aren't a very good investigator. You just pick what seems to you to be a more acceptable explanation than "aliens" and get all comfy with that and say "no mystery there."

Heh. That's what they DO, though.

They take ANY " explanation " no matter how absurd it may be, and state it as fact.

After all....Swamp Gas is a VERY good fallback position.

As far as why a Bigfoot has never been captured...

There are MAYBE 25 or 30 people seriously looking for Bigfoot. That is 25 or 30 people searching the ENTIRE Northwest wilderness.

Seriously...do you really think that few people in that vast an area would actually CATCH anything??

Oh...and before you break out the " Well then why have bones never been found " argument...

There are dozens of different animals that are scavengers.

Walk through the woods a few times and TRY to find an animal skeleton. Everything from a dead animal gets eaten or scattered.